Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Speaking (yesterday) of the band TRAPT, they got suspended from Twitter. They had been previously been banned from facebook

Eh, you know a lot of people share his opinion on that. It's somehow a whole lot worse for an older guy to be banging a young girl but when an older woman bangs a teenage boy, there's nowhere near the amount of shade.

I dunno why tf that guy is doing all that tweeting from the official band social media accounts though. That's incredibly stupid, especially for a band as marginally popular as I guess they are.

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yeah, the band members get shafted because this guy can't stop talking

Sounds like a situation where it's his band and the other members just go along with whatever he says. I went to their wiki because I didn't know much about them and the list of former members is a mile long which tells me everything I needed to know lol

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Just Google trapt out put it in the Twitter search. It'll come up

ay cool.  I'll hit twitter and..................

https://www.altpress.com/news/trapt-twitter-account-suspended/

.............It's never easy is it?   Meh.  Let's try searching for reactions to trapt on twitter. 

THERE we go.  That person marked what I suspect are the problem posts they made. 

Going by the textbook definition, she is not a pedophile as a teenager, while still a child, has indeed gone through puberty and puts them outside of the definition.  If they had just shut up after that first post, I could argue for them.  When they posted that they don't care about some kid banging his (Adult) teacher, then no.  Nope, Nada, no son, you went to the dark side, and THAT IS WRONG.

As luck would have it, I was listening to a video about that incident before I even knew about Trapt.  Here ya go ladies and gents.

See if you agree or disagree with the coach.

While walking into my apartment complex, I saw something: a dude looking at his computer with the blinds open. He was just looking at spreadsheets or something. This is how I know I'm perverted. The concept of someone looking at a private computer without some secrecy blew my mind. Damn near ALL my online activity has to happen under a cloak of some kind. Me looking at anything with the blinds not closed will bust hell wide open.

haha, I'd be such a scumbag traitor in a heartbeat... to ensure my own safety, and to get any possible benefits of siding with the aliens (perhaps some superhuman enhancements with their tech..)  Sheeeeitttt, I'm making every effort to save myself by siding with the winning team there.

man, it's insane how much vacation time I have saved up at this point...and it's mostly because I don't have much of a choice to be off so often since Pandemic has ruined soooo many things this year. (work-load going up by literally 1000% in the first week, + countless other things going on)... and early this year I was promising myself that I would take way more vacation for a change...

Edited by MillionX

^yeahhhhh Padma is definitely a top-rank one... I'd eat that.

In other news... holy shit man.... TRU BLOOD reboot?!?!  You know I'm there day 1 for this shit...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/true-blood-reboot-in-the-works-at-hbo

excitement GIF

EDIT---though it is strange to do a "reboot", presumably just redoing the story they've already shown before... since the show isn't even that old... it just ended a few years ago.  Reboots tend to  make more since if it's been a very long time, imo... like at least 10 years.

It will be a shame when they inevitably reboot Vampire Diaries and Originals though... due to how modern-day CW likes to do things...

Edited by MillionX

It's quite a downer to realize the increased focus on streaming by so many  companies  (especially the recent news of HBOmax getting all WB's 2021 stuff that should have been in theaters) means the death of physical media is surely on the fast-track now.  I'd advise anyone to get physical versions of stuff you love now while it is still possible to get it.

This is increasingly annoying the more I think about it... in a future where it's all streaming--- your favorite movie or show can be suddenly changed by whatever service owns it or is hosting it on their servers, for any reason at any time... or it can just be deleted for any reason, at any time.  It amazes me that few people don't seem to get (or just don't care...in which case they aren't a true fan in the first place, imo) how fucked up that is.  One day you're laughing at some old episodes of South Park, for instance... well, tomorrow some pansy ass in charge of things decides it's "out of touch with modern sensibilities" or "in poor taste" and it's GONE forever because they say so....while they expect you to keep paying the monthly fee. 

Actually owning your copies is the superior option in every way.  When some sorry sap in the future decides it was too "problematic" to show Pennywise actually killing at a child character in the early part of the 2017 It....too bad for them I already have the blu-ray.  When they decide to "cancel" Nightmare on Elm Street movies because it shows an adult male character murdering teenage females in their dreams ...too bad for them I already own the entire franchise dvd set; there's not a goddamn thing they can legally do about taking that away from me.  

This is why I still enjoy buying bluray.

That and my TF collection are my pride and joy.

I just wish Disney was better about putting stuff on Bluray.

No X-Men TAS, Spiderman TAS sigh....

G1 TF, GIJOE...,2003 TMNT....

Besides Superman TAS and Static, most of the DCAU is on bluray.

Hell even City Hunter is on bluray LOL

Edited by DangerousJ

I simply don’t have the room for all the would be physical media I own digitally. That’s the main reason I’m digital. 

though the benefit of physical movies now is that 9/10 they also come with a Movies Anywhere voucher of said film and Movies Anywhere syncs with a lot of digital markets like iTunes, Fandango, Amazon Video, etc. 

Edited by iStu X
42 minutes ago, MillionX said:

It's quite a downer to realize the increased focus on streaming by so many  companies  (especially the recent news of HBOmax getting all WB's 2021 stuff that should have been in theaters) means the death of physical media is surely on the fast-track now.  I'd advise anyone to get physical versions of stuff you love now while it is still possible to get it.

This is increasingly annoying the more I think about it... in a future where it's all streaming--- your favorite movie or show can be suddenly changed by whatever service owns it or is hosting it on their servers, for any reason at any time... or it can just be deleted for any reason, at any time.  It amazes me that few people don't seem to get (or just don't care...in which case they aren't a true fan in the first place, imo) how fucked up that is.  One day you're laughing at some old episodes of South Park, for instance... well, tomorrow some pansy ass in charge of things decides it's "out of touch with modern sensibilities" or "in poor taste" and it's GONE forever because they say so....while they expect you to keep paying the monthly fee. 

Actually owning your copies is the superior option in every way.  When some sorry sap in the future decides it was too "problematic" to show Pennywise actually killing at a child character in the early part of the 2017 It....too bad for them I already have the blu-ray.  When they decide to "cancel" Nightmare on Elm Street movies because it shows an adult male character murdering teenage females in their dreams ...too bad for them I already own the entire franchise dvd set; there's not a goddamn thing they can legally do about taking that away from me.  

exactly.  The next best thing to being able to grab the DVDs/Blu-rays is to make them.  The burner is gonna get a ton of love over the next year.  Believe it.

oh yeah anything Disney-related is a huge problem going forward now....for many reasons.  The main thing is that it's clear they're set to go all in on their D+... I don't expect them to ever sell anything on blu-ray ever again at this point.  ...which reminds me I should finally get Avengers Endgame on blu-ray while I still can.. I already have Infinity War.  The suits over there probably wish they had some magic button that could make all the existing dvds and blu-rays out there just vanish from reality so everyone would be compelled to subscribe to D+  

haha the old ancient forms of bootlegging movies will start to come back eventually... I just thought of an especially primitive one that could work...😄

Edited by MillionX

haha, there's wealthy/successful dudes out there that are still silly and naive enough to get married.... here's another disaster to laugh about... 

Larry King apparently will pay his wife 20k then 33,000 a month in spousal support until April...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9035873/Larry-King-agrees-pay-estranged-wife-20-000-33-000-monthly-spousal-support.html

The older rich guys---it's at least understandable they'd still fall for it though, since they are from an older time (Baby Boomer gen) back when it was generally a good and expected thing to be married at some point.

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Not me, I'm going rub myself with crystals, take a bath in essential oils, and eat a burning white sage chimichanga. 

Heard that's the typical cure all  

Hmm. Mind over space, time, and matter, man. 

Edited by Thoth369