Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

As someone who lives in a country with universal health care it baffles me why anyone would be against it.

It has been a life saver in multiple times.

Like the time i had a Pancreatitis, i was hospitalized for 3 weeks.

If it werent for the UHC, i would have ended witha crippling debt for an emergency that was out of my control due some gallstone moving and almost killing me.

I am certain most of them are getting paid off by lobbyists. I mean taking "campaign contributions" from Big Pharma

16 hours ago, Lantis said:

First off, this match never happened (notice the lack of shadows)

Secondly, who did the bad MS Paint job with Khali's "tanktop"?

that match never happened.  However, He (Rey) Did take on those three individually though.  I can't remember now but I believe he beat Big show, but lost to the other two. 

Edited by Deadly_Raver
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I am certain most of them are getting paid off by lobbyists. I mean taking "campaign contributions" from Big Pharma

Right wingers are very low IQ and low information. They go against their own interests because they are that stupid.

Keep in mind their GOP reps have been insisting the virus is a hoax and vaccines are mind control, but then they're all cutting the line to get the vaccines themselves. No matter how much they lie, no matter how much hypocrisy is exposed, right wingers are so fucking stupid they somehow convince themselves they are millionaires and all the highly educated, high income people that tell them otherwise are the actual stupid ones saying wrong information.

I can no longer believe in democracy after seeing this in action. It's very clear to me about half the population is dumber than a bag of rocks and has no business having a say in anything. George Carlin said think of the average person and realize that half the people are dumber than them. I didn't truly realize that until Trump supporters started exposing themselves, and now I really understand how stupid human beings can be. Not even jokes like we had on SRK back in the day, with people smart enough to at least access the internet and type something out, the average GOP voter can't even finish high school, can barely read or write, has little to no understanding of basic numbers and science and very poor judgment, but in full Dunning-Kruger mode wants to be able to tell experts that they're wrong.

4 minutes ago, Serpent said:

right wingers are so fucking stupid they somehow convince themselves they are millionaires and all the highly educated, high income people that tell them otherwise are the actual stupid ones saying wrong information.

the average GOP voter can't even finish high school, can barely read or write, has little to no understanding of basic numbers and science and very poor judgment, but in full Dunning-Kruger mode wants to be able to tell experts that they're wrong.

Where are you getting this information?

for Xmas, I got:

Parents:

Netflix Soundwave (indirectly as it was bought with a gift card from Mom)

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Steelbook Bluray 

Spirited Away Steelbook Bluray

$30 Target Gift Card

Wallet (Cousin)

$150 check (Aunt)

I  was surprised at the last one because usually her son gets me a gift like a movie/gift card that is around $20, but apparently that is really an ultimatum to get married soon.(That was written on the card lol)

Edited by DangerousJ

I've been so busy with life lately that I haven't really been able to keep with everyone since leaving SRK. I picked up KOF2002UM from the steam sale and was hoping anyone could point me in the right direction for that game.

Just trying to learn the basics of the game, haven't really ever been super serious about a kof game. Heard everyone was playing this version again since it had the rollback update.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

I've been so busy with life lately that I haven't really been able to keep with everyone since leaving SRK. I picked up KOF2002UM from the steam sale and was hoping anyone could point me in the right direction for that game.

Just trying to learn the basics of the game, haven't really ever been super serious about a kof game. Heard everyone was playing this version again since it had the rollback update.

If you ever wanna play on Steam, shoot me a message. 👍

A dedicated PC controller? On Windows? 

So, an Xbox controller? 🤣

No point in getting something that only works on PC. Everything just plugs in and works on Steam now. I use a PlayStation 5 controller for literally all my games, even non Steam ones. Fully compatible and works like a dream. So that's gonna be my reccomendation. 

If you want something wireless and don't have a Bluetooth capable motherboard, get an 8BitDo adapter for 10 bucks and use literally whatever wireless controller you want.

I don't know if I'd really reccomend a wired pad, since every wireless pad let's you plug in anyway. 

Edited by M A R T I A N

hmmmmm.   If you're using ps4/xbox for Steam games as well then I guess there is no real reason to search for a dedicated controller.  Since I haven't played on PC since forever I wasn't aware that the controller game has pretty much gone All-in-one like that.  Guess it's time to find something that lights up and looks pretty to buy.  Thanks.  👍

Edited by Deadly_Raver

heh, sheeeitttt...now it's time for the real vacation, all to myself.  Paid time off is such a great thing.  I have Thursday and Friday off for the holiday...the usual plan, just games, a pizza, tv/movies, youtube and of course other internet "material" here and there....the way life should be.

free plug/shilling mode...

Antenna TV is that real deal for your nostalgia fix, folks---I don't recall watching this before until recently at mom's house since she doesn't have regular cable tv... they have a little of everything, for various generations....black & white era shows like Dennis the Menace, Bewitched, Father Knows Best, etc....to 80s gold like Growing Pains, Webster, Gimme A Break!, Who's the Boss, 227, Benson, Facts of Life, etc.  Oh yeah and... Alice, the list of shows is deep on there.  My tv has been set on this channel ever since I got back and found where it is on my channel lineup.

Naturally, Who's the Boss was my regular dose of Alyssa Milano, who was my absolute #1 at the time.  I had dreams about that girl, back in the day.

On "Gimme A Break"---I forgot there was a cutie on there named "Samantha" (ha, oddly enough the same name as Alyssa's character on Who's the Boss), actually... I haven't seen it since that was a new show.

Facts of Life-- here's an odd thing for ya... I wasn't much into "Tooty" like most dudes probably were back then... nah, my picks were actually Blair and Jo....even though Jo was such a tomboy type she seemed to be a lesbo.

Oh yeah... and Family Ties is on there too; I forgot how cute Justine Bateman was back then.... she was not on Milano's level but she was alright.

edit again---ah, right now the Burns & Allen show is on; my generation is probably the last to even know who George Burns is....and we generally only remember him as "God" from those old "Oh, God" movies.

Edited by MillionX
10 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I forgot meme monday...so here it is

image0.png?width=451&height=579

Birds also do this with ant venom. Ants have a poison they secrete when they bite, but it gets birds drunk, so birds will let the ants up under their feathers so they'll bite them and they can cop a buzz 😂

For Christmas I got:

-A Note 20 Ultra (my girl got sick of me complaining how slow my phone was lol)

-A new watch, 

-A smart cube (Bluetooth, I can connect it to my phone and time/review my solves and it also has modes where the cube turns into one a maze you can solve by turning it)

-One of those AtGames cabinets

-some clothes from my folks

-a box of real good Irish Breakfast  tea and a glass mug with a built in infuser

3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

anybody here have good recommendations for controllers for PC?  I know there are ways to use the PS4/XBOX controllers on PC, but I'd rather just get a good controller dedicated for PC itself instead.  Thanks in advance.

Xbox controllers are dedicated PC controllers. Windows auto detects them. No setup is required. They actually put Xbox controllers in the PC section. At this point PC games give you Xbox button prompts when you use a controller and have xbox button icons in the in game controller configuration screen.

If you have a an old 360 controller laying around, just use that. I've been using a wired 360 pad for ages. A few years back I plugged my wireless Xbox One controller into my PC to see it would charge and Windows auto detected it. So if my 360 pad dies, I don't have to run out and grab another pad 😀

Edited by Darc_Requiem

ah, I don't recall bringing up what I consider the low-tier, generally undesirable shit in the Vampire the Masquerade world... the Salubri clan:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Salubri 

As a clan, they're barely even around in modern times, and their founder was consumed by the originator of clan Tremere.  They're also typically envisioned as the "healer class" good guy vamps...but even worse imo is the fact that they have a literal 3rd eye on the forehead that cries blood when the "disciplines"/powers are used....and they are typically vamps that seek to solve the "problem" of being a vampire?  Nah, get outta here with that lame-ass goody-2-shoes nonsense.  Oh and then their clan weakness is that their blood is especially delicious to other vampires (and keep in mind, your 3rd eye bleeds whenever you activate a power; and that in itself can potentially cause a "Hunger Frenzy" from nearby vamps)...though you are seemingly compelled to be the healer.... meaning this type of character is always doomed, imo.  Man please 😄

I'm also not really a fan of the Gangrel clan either (https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Gangrel_(VTM)).... random animal features showing up and feral impulses, diminished intelligence and speech?  Hell nah... it's a no for me, dawg.  I'd consider this to be 1 step up from Salubri's lame ass though, if you just do well to avoid that frenzy status...and at least the animal features are not permanent. 

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Y'all got such cool presents.

I got $200 and a promise that my parents would find a PS5 for me... Which means that they'll probably use the $200 for fuel and they won't get me a PS5. Oh yeah, dependency rocks.

I got $30 worth of clothing I couldn't pick out, none of it being what I needed, and nothing I asked for when they bothered me relentlessly for an answer of something to get me.

Between that and almost dying like.... a lot this year, you have an amazing present right? All about perspective.

11 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

A Note 20 Ultra

You liking it? I'm using a Note 10 Plus and I love it. Got into the Note game with the Note 7, then got the Note 8 because of the bullshit with the 7, and now I'm on the 10. I actually use the Spen a shit ton, especially useful for taking notes in the field at work. Don't think I'll ever go back to a phone without a stylus.

I know I wasn’t gone for long and pretty much no one noticed but I’m now slowly coming down from a 3 day long ptsd triggered panic attack. 

im about okay as I can be but first thing Jan 2nd I’m going to find the right avenues to find a therapy and a councilor cause I can’t have what I just went through happen again. 

Edited by iStu X
50 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I know I wasn’t gone for long and pretty much no one noticed but I’m now slowly coming down from a 3 day long ptsd triggered panic attack. 

im about okay as I can be but first thing Jan 2nd I’m going to find the right avenues to find a therapy and a councilor cause I can’t have what I just went through happen again. 

Glad you're alright now. It's badass enough for you to go public like this - for whatever publicity is worth behind an online profile - and then to take further measures in a mature manner. Good luck, sir.

51 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Glad you're alright now. It's badass enough for you to go public like this - for whatever publicity is worth behind an online profile - and then to take further measures in a mature manner. Good luck, sir.

I have no issues talking about my mental illnesses. Or my life really. Up until this year SRK had been my home for 14 years. I’ve talked about so much personal shit that had happened in my life. So it doesn’t really bother me. 

I also tend to analyze things better when I read them or have a person or persons to bounce it off of. With writing it all out specifically it feels like it’s coming from another point of view and not just my head telling me abc over and over again. 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, AYO?! said:

You tell Dong-Hyun he still owes me 500 Won or I'm breaking his tiny legs.

Go on and get him.  We both know he's never going to pay you back with that shit he's selling.

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Sadly I have almost no experience with panic attacks, so I hope that on Jan 2 you'll get to the people who can help. 

Completely random to the convo, butt.................

7dd3bb9a9f3fc82bed8ec72617c6a86b.jpg

Edited by Deadly_Raver