Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Happy New year guys. Let's all hope 2021 is the year we begin to get out of this shit and start to get back to normal. Got my stimulus this morning, and that went straight to paying rent. I assume that was the case for most. 

600 really ain't shit. We needed more. Please my fellow Georgians. Vote Ossoff and Warnock into the senate. Complete the blue wave. 2000 stimulus. Partial student loan forgiveness. Among other things will happen if Biden gets a senate that supports him

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

Happy New year guys. Let's all hope 2021 is the year we begin to get out of this shit and start to get back to normal. Got my stimulus this morning, and that went straight to paying rent. I assume that was the case for most. 

We took care of all of our bills before we left on the missus' birthday trip out of town. My portion is being held in my business account until I can decide where I want it to go to/towards. Trying to decide between one of the new Apple Watch SEs or upgrading my motherboard in my PC and giving the one I'm using now back to her.

Just now, DangerousJ said:

Sorry to hear that man.

Do you think you got it from one of your Uber customers?

Its possible.. But may also be when I went to go lift with my boy or when i got a tattoo last Sunday. I started to feel off last Tuesday, so unfortunately all of those line up as possibilities. 

23 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

The missus had to buy a new laptop to get a little work done because the boy child cracked the screen on hers. I'm getting it set up and Windows 10 comes shipped with a setting called S Mode which basically keeps you from being able to install apps from outside the Microsoft store. Now, if you want to turn this setting off, you can't just untick it in Settings, you have to go to the Microsoft store via Settings>Security & Settings, log in, download a setting, and turn it off that way.

Windows 10 is such a trash OS. Every time I have to use it, I'm glad I kept my own PC on 7, but I'd rather my computer be less "secure" than have to deal with BS like this. Say what you want about Macs, but Apple at least has the foresight to make their OS user friendly enough not to put actual settings behind all that. 

Follow these to make it a little better

https://arieswarlock.tumblr.com/post/149247929409/fixing-windows-10

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

Follow these to make it a little better

https://arieswarlock.tumblr.com/post/149247929409/fixing-windows-10

Win10 has changed quite a lot over the years due to all the updates.  Not sure many of those links are still relevant if they were posted in 2016.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Welp I do have corona. 2020s final fuck you to me. Pray for my asthma ass 😑

Fuck.  Hope you get over it soon! 🙏

37 minutes ago, scorp said:

Damn. Get better maxx. Hope it goes right through you like Taco Bell. 

Speaking of, how vigilant are you guys during this covid time? I don’t leave the house unless it’s to buy groceries or food. 

I never leave home for non essential stuff. 

I have multiple masks(both surgical and cloth) in my glove compartment and 1 hand sanitizer in the car door compartment at all times. I only take off/change masks in the car with the windows rolled up. Outside my parents, no one has sat in the car with me.

With few exceptions, I try to only go out 1 extra time, usually on Sunday for Groceries/Gas and sometimes a carryout meal. I usually try to combine all those errands in one trip.

I've gone for dental cleaning/vision exam/ etc. during the week. Thankfully those places were taking rigid measures.

For Thanksgiving and Xmas, I stayed with my parents who are good at mask/protocol and my aunt/cousin visited from just 3 miles down. they're on a similar mindset. I stopped going to gym since March. I try to swim or go for a walk around my area. I social distance as best as I can in those.

The few needless times Ive gone was to the theatre 2 months after a movie to see it. Thankfully, only 2/3 people were in the cinema with me and I kept my mask on and sat like 15 feet from the nearest person. The other time was on my Birthday to Best Buy/Target to get some gifts for other folks/myself.

I have not traveled anywhere or dined in at a restaurant since March.

Edited by DangerousJ

I've remained vigilant throughout the pandemic so far. I'm fortunate to work from home, except for when I'm in the field. But I drive my own vehicle for fieldwork.

I have a "covid bubble" that consists of my nuclear family and my wife's parents and grandparents who all live within a mile of us. We help take care of them so we all make sure to take full precautions- curbside groceries, etc.

The only social thing I do is go offroading with my best friend occasionally. But we are in our own vehicles and use walkies to communicate. We'll park and have a cigar in the desert mountains, but we keep our distance even outside.

One thing I really miss is playing bluegrass. I have a regular group of folks who have picking sessions, and I'm also in a band. Haven't been able to play with anyone in a long time and that really bums me out. I'm hoping to be able to play with people again eventually this year. It sucks playing banjo by myself at home. My baby daughter loves it, but it drives my wife fucking crazy 😂

Edited by Chadouken

I always make it a point to disinfect my desk, control panels and door knobs in my department at work everyday. I wear my mask throughout most of the day, though I can't say the same for my coworkers.

I haven't seen my sister since the summer. She is a social worker at a hospital and all she deals with is COVID patients. She has to dress in layers like the doctors and go into the rooms to talk to them. She did get the vaccine thankfully but staff are quitting left and right.

We normally hang out on New Years for dinner and watch crappy movies, but it just wasn't feasible.

I have been focused on reading and drawing. I joined instagram to network and show art instead of membership at an art gallery.

Even before covid I always had a bottle of hand sanitizer in my work vest. I’d use it whenever I had down time or a customer was taking too long. On the off chance I did forget my sanitizer every register had one. 

obviously I’d wash my hands, cough/sneeze into my elbow, basic hygiene you know. 

the only things that changed was wearing a mask and using sanitizer in between every transaction. 

I tried wearing gloves but the type of materials used on our gloves really fucked with the neuropathy in my left hand. I wasn’t going to Michael Jackson it so I just didn’t bother wearing any. 

oh, I also kicked anyone out of my line who wasn’t wearing a mask or page our security when they’d get belligerent with me. 

oh, for the uninformed, I worked front end/cashier at Walmart up until October. I don’t plan on working again until I feel this is under control enough to where I feel safe going back to work.

Also, side tangent: Unlike every ass hole who sarcastically says “I can’t wear a mask cause I have respiratory issues” I actually DO have several respiratory issues due to my heart defect and I was able to comfortably wear my mask for 8 hour shifts. 

weird how that works.  🤔

Edited by iStu X
26 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I still am just out of work...not much otherwise has changed. I just stocked piled supplies...but I didn't need to. I never cared to use sanitizer before, I just wash my hands. my hygienic routine hasn't changed. I probably go out of the house once a week. My mom still goes out once in a while but I otherwise get things for her. 

I have gained my spark again about wanting to create content (my 4th attempt)...but fear I missed the boat too late to really grow. I will keep pushing myself to do this but I want to go back to what I did before. I put in so much for Disney so it's hard to drop it all. Ideally, routine work for me with this youtube/twitch content being my side project. I don't like uncertainty and a lack of a goal which content creation makes me face each day. 

unrelated but I proposed to my GF yesterday and she said yes. heh, never thought I'd ever find a wonderful woman who loves me for me. I had to end 2020 and begin 2021 on a good note if nothing else. 

Congrats brother. 

I was planning for back in may and I had that planned exactly one year ago...but everything I planned kept getting wrecked by the obvious. The state kept getting worse and realizing her mother is stage 4 of her colon cancer, I couldn't delay and hope life would get better because her mom (who has been a 2nd mother to me)  is fighting as much as she can to keep going. We'll take our time figuring out how I can do things for my fiancé for everything within restrictions. 

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

I still am just out of work...not much otherwise has changed. I just stocked piled supplies...but I didn't need to. I never cared to use sanitizer before, I just wash my hands. my hygienic routine hasn't changed. I probably go out of the house once a week. My mom still goes out once in a while but I otherwise get things for her. 

I have gained my spark again about wanting to create content (my 4th attempt)...but fear I missed the boat too late to really grow. I will keep pushing myself to do this but I want to go back to what I did before. I put in so much for Disney so it's hard to drop it all. Ideally, routine work for me with this youtube/twitch content being my side project. I don't like uncertainty and a lack of a goal which content creation makes me face each day. 

unrelated but I proposed to my GF yesterday and she said yes. heh, never thought I'd ever find a wonderful woman who loves me for me. I had to end 2020 and begin 2021 on a good note if nothing else. 

Congratulations!  It's great to have someone close to you that you can rely on during fucked up times like these.

As for content creation it may be helpful to have a clear plan.  Going into it blind when there are so many people already doing the same thing can be really tough, so it doesn't hurt to sit back and think about how you can develop a niche for yourself.

Do you have VODs?  Maybe we can give some feedback to help improve things / help you grow.

9 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Congratulations!  It's great to have someone close to you that you can rely on during fucked up times like these.

As for content creation it may be helpful to have a clear plan.  Going into it blind when there are so many people already doing the same thing can be really tough, so it doesn't hurt to sit back and think about how you can develop a niche for yourself.

Do you have VODs?  Maybe we can give some feedback to help improve things / help you grow.

thanks for everyone who congratulated me!

For now my channel on YT has a focus https://www.youtube.com/user/Infernoman64

budget Magic the gathering content...based on what I am analyzing, I get more views from my deck techs/analysis of decks vs commentary so I will shift focus to that. On streaming, I think for now, I just want to play other games before I box myself into a corner can't feel like I can't play other games aka a variety streamer. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
2 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

thanks for everyone who congratulated me!

For now my channel on YT has a focus https://www.youtube.com/user/Infernoman64

budget Magic the gathering content...based on what I am analyzing, I get more views from my deck techs/analysis of decks vs commentary so I will shift focus to that. On streaming, I think for now, I just want to play other games before I box myself into a corner can't feel like I can't play other games aka a variety streamer. 

Cool -- I'll go through some of your streams when I find some time (this year has started off quite busy for me) and I'll PM you some suggestions!

11 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

This is awesome news, congrats man! I know you'd been talking about proposing for a bit so I'm glad to hear you finally pulled the trigger and that she said yes!