Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, Angel said:

122125405_10218206614657181_620235302592

Just cooked up this delicious boot leather that I know some of ya'll love so much.

Edit: aw it just shows that pic and not the facebook post?   lol breh was getting DRAGGED.    How you got fucking "splinters" on the edge of the plate coming off that dry ass shit?

Good! Anyone who cooks a steak well done need not only be roasted. But take that walk of atonement like Cersi did in Game of Thrones so that they know to never do it again.

@GetTheTables

"My favorite part of any Golgo 13 story is when he inevitably bones the woman who most recently showed up.

Its always some life changing event for her, while Duke is stone faced and straight legged just doing dick magic like it ain't nothin'."

Lmao deadass. He be straight stone faced while she's bouncing on the dick making noises she never knew she could. They be practically thanking him for such a good lay. Must be awesome to have a sex game like that

Edited by BB_Hoody

Then he has to say bye so he can go kill some people. Golgo is part of that tradition of cold as f-- 60s/70s character. They're just hard as hell without pretending to be the hardest.

Don't think we get a lot of characters anymore. Crying Freeman ran similar game on a broad. He had part of a story being about how he refused to nut in a chick in order to get her to help him out.

That's a whole new level of game.

oh yeah back to memory lane... I won't soon forget Ganj the Fire Tigah either.  I even did the honor of making him a Mii character.

I vaguely remember when our ol' "buddy" Darksyde Phil actually posted a few times.  I think he mostly stuck to the actual fighting game section though, instead of General discussion.

On another note---this turkey burger I just cooked for lunch was ridiculously good.  I had the lemon pepper of course; also added a few slivers of onion... that's a bit of a major change for me; throughout childhood I preferred my burgers to be plain... sometimes I didn't even have cheese on them...but anything beyond cheese seemed disgusting to me.  It is only in recent years really that I began enjoying certain other things added to a burger, like tomato, lettuce and onion.  Pickles, mayo and mustard are forever a no-go though...that shit is repulsive to me.  

55 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Good! Anyone who cooks a steak well done need not only be roasted. But take that walk of atonement like Cersi did in Game of Thrones so that they know to never do it again.

Do not be too harsh upon him.  I too was a dirty savage who once shunned medium and medium rare steak for the burned and charred waste that is ironically called,"Well done".  Kind souls showed me the way to the truth and I have never strayed from the path.  That one?  He needs our help, not our scorn.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

Golgo 13 Top Secret Episode was the shit. I never finished the game myself, but it always felt epic and was a really well done spy game. I remember getting to Greece and getting rekt by those broads at the Parthenon because I never had enough ammo and they were like zombies you could pump 7 rounds in and they'd still be walking towards you. 

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah back to memory lane... I won't soon forget Ganj the Fire Tigah either.  I even did the honor of making him a Mii character.

I vaguely remember when our ol' "buddy" Darksyde Phil actually posted a few times.  I think he mostly stuck to the actual fighting game section though, instead of General discussion.

On another note---this turkey burger I just cooked for lunch was ridiculously good.  I had the lemon pepper of course; also added a few slivers of onion... that's a bit of a major change for me; throughout childhood I preferred my burgers to be plain... sometimes I didn't even have cheese on them...but anything beyond cheese seemed disgusting to me.  It is only in recent years really that I began enjoying certain other things added to a burger, like tomato, lettuce and onion.  Pickles, mayo and mustard are forever a no-go though...that shit is repulsive to me.  

Haha, DSP. 

Speaking of Jinsogood, here's some of his thoughts on DSP:

1 hour ago, odin said:

Nobody played it that far.

That would probably explain why they missed out on Hitler and his head exploding in Bionic Commando

52 minutes ago, Zero said:

Haha, DSP. 

Speaking of Jinsogood, here's some of his thoughts on DSP:

I totally missed out on those days.... 😞

I miss that motherfucker RoninChaos, the only SRKer I've ever interacted with IRL

And before Viscant was schooling LTG in SF 4, he was schooling Philith in a dance off contest....

Lmao deadass. He be straight stone faced while she's bouncing on the dick making noises she never knew she could. They be practically thanking him for such a good lay. Must be awesome to have a sex game like that

Too bad Hanzo will never know. 

Also that Youtube advice is fuckin brilliant. Is something ive been working on culling from my feeds for most of the year, Star Wars did a number on my feed, and for a while allit was people bitching about shit they claimed to love but very clearly hate and have pretty much always hated. 

Striking that kind of dumb negativity from my feed has been one of the best internet decisions i ever made. Had a "Netflix Castlevania is just plain bad" video pop up in my feed. Struck that shit out and requested to never get content from that creator again. Felt good.

Edited by RSG3
Had more to say.

I don't even have a YouTube feed, in the sense that I only watch stuff on YouTube if I specifically went looking for it.

In fun news, my wife's brother-in-law (wife's sister's husband) just found out that his vasectomy of 10 years ago has spontaneously reversed itself.  Like, I knew that was a thing that could technically happen but I thought it was so unlikely it was basically an urban myth.

Edited by Reticently
27 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Striking that kind of dumb negativity from my feed has been one of the best internet decisions i ever made. Had a "Netflix Castlevania is just plain bad" video pop up in my feed. Struck that shit out and requested to never get content from that creator again. Felt good.

Its the weird "hate and critique" crowd. The documentary Heckler changed me on that years ago and then i had to work on myself to finish the mindset.

Even creating something shitty takes a lot of work. There's also a lot that can go wrong in the process. Thats one of the reasons I love bad movies. Even a bad movie is a monumental accomplishment.

Youtube critiques make it real easy to be disrespectful (and I've been in that mindset too). Youtube critiques dont really ever acknolwedge that hard work still happened.

For example, my wife and I were watching a vid on why the 2012 Les Miserable was apparently worse than wr thought. This dude goes in on the movie's singing. Then he casually mentions that all the singing you hear in the movie is live audio from set that they went through excrutiating expense to get. Did it fully work out? Nah, its rough in some places, just not good in others etc. But man that was ambitious and an attempt worth respecting for how hard live stage singing is (and making basically a lot of untrained actors into musical theater people). 

Instead of focusing on this fact that gives all the performances a whole context for understanding them, its just the most wankery self rightgeous bullshit ever.

Hatemonger Channels are the worst. Its just pettiness for clicks.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Thats one of the reasons I love bad movies. Even a bad movie is a monumental accomplishment.

Yea its why i am glad everything involving Tommy Weisou has gone the way it has. Dude made a baaaaaaad movie BUT he made a fucking movie, from start to finish. Thats a movie. What an accomplishment. What have you done? Make a stupid hour long critique of said movie where you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding about what goes into making something as monumental as a movie, while repeating the same talking points over and over in order to draw out this crappy video where all you do is shit on people for having ambition and drive but perhaps not the talent or budget? 

I get pissed every time I see a Mauler video pop up in my feed. Fuck that fucking loser. How a dude can whine about a movie for longer then said movies run time is some real shit. 

I dont mind legit critism and analsis, but a lot of these Youtube Critique channels are just rude as fuck, and dont actually provide any kind of analitical insight. Just "I didnt like this, this was bad, I could do better." No you couldnt. Shut up. 

Edited by RSG3

sheeeittt, on the flip side... I never like when it becomes apparent that some people are reluctant to go negative about something... the kind folks at Collider seemed to be that way, imo.  I say this despite also being a fan of most of that crew.  Several of them seem to be a bit too nice for their own good...like they probably feel bad about just saying "eh, this movie was horrible".  (I haven't watched that channel in quite some time now... they lost me as a fan in that major overhaul last year; they cut several fan-favorite shows and quite a bit of on-air talent were let go; I'm surprised they still have such a high subscriber #, actually; now I mostly stick with some of the former talent's individual youtube shows; Perri Nemiroff, Rocha, Roxy, Mark Reilly and K. Harloff all have their own thing going on now.)

I am a bit biased on the matter though... I do find it more entertaining when someone is roasting the hell out of something, be it games, music, tv shows, movies, etc.  Months ago, it was a regular thing watching the weekly roasts of the latest Batwoman episode.  It was gold every time to me. 😄  Hopefully the former actress there finds a better gig somewhere... I'm sure she is relieved to be out of there.

oh yeah---one of the greatest negative reviews I've ever seen from way back was Siskel and Ebert talking about the legendary Leonard, part 6.  Absolute gold right there.

edit 2--hahaha there's a guy I noticed in a youtube chat earlier with the name "dookie shoes".  Nice. 👍

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

My YouTube feed is all videogames, music, and guns.

And a dude who removes hornet nests 👀

Videogame channels can be some of the worst when it comes to just heated as fuck critisism. Video i saw the other day 

"Shenmue 3 is bad and i have wasted my life."

Jesus dude, like fucking what?

Edited by RSG3
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Videogame channels can be some of the worst when it comes to just heated as fuck critisism. Video i saw the other day 

"Shenmue 3 is bad and i have wasted my life."

Jesus dude, like fucking what?

I watched that video when it dropped I agreed with the criticism Super Eyepatch Wolf made of that game. The wasting his life bit is extreme but that game is ass. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Make a stupid hour long critique of said movie where you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding about what goes into making something as monumental as a movie, while repeating the same talking points over and over in order to draw out this crappy video where all you do is shit on people for having ambition and drive but perhaps not the talent or budget? 

Sometimes the videos are longer than the movie, on in the case of Star Wars the Last Jedi the crittic vids are longer than the whole IP is to watch, all 3 trilogies. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Videogame channels can be some of the worst when it comes to just heated as fuck critisism.

The only videogame "review" channel I sub to is Dunky. Most of the stuff I watch is Mario Maker related, like RyuKahr and Poo, and I like Wullfden's channel that mostly features Nintendo. 

Oh, I also sub to the Nerd, but that's also more parody. I believe he's the OG videogame content creator, yeah? 

4 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Like The Last Jedi? 👀

The Last Jedi (and "Rise of Skywalker", which is a nonsense title) deserve EVERY OUNCE of hate that they get.

They are so mind-bogglingly awful that to not criticize them is a disservice to society. Actually I think I'm agreeing with you now that I read the post again lol.

Fuck Disney Star Wars. They ruined it.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

You know, I actually really liked TLJ, but RoS made it a worse movie in my opinion. The biggest fumble with the whole prequel trilogy was not having a plan from the beginning. They should have consulted Lucas.

I began to watch TLJ once. Saw that part where Luke just chucked the lightsaber Rey gave him off a cliff and turned the movie off.

It looked like a proper end to the whole mess. 🤣

My YouTube feed is mainly comics, a-cho arcade posting all their random ass tournaments and wrestling stuff. 

oh, some video game related stuff like Guru Larry, Keef and Matt McMuscles. But yeah. 

I don’t really “YouTube” that much. I don’t even really internet that much despite how much I’m on it. I’m a creature of habit and rarely go outside of xyz sites I check daily 

Edited by iStu X