Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

I watched the 2 seasons of Amazon Prime's Jack Ryan show.

I saw Patriot Games once 28 yrs ago so I'm basically watching this as a newbie lol

Pros:

decent plots

Occasional good action scenes  

Cons:

Outside of some brief snippets of characterization, it feels mostly like a more "global" law and order type procedural albeit more political

Showing Jack as headstrong and bucking the rules sometimes goes too much and he usually makes situations worse more than better sometimes

(If he were in his 20s, it be understandable, but the guy has a graduate degree and is 38 lol)

Overall: 7.5/10

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I don't know the WoW theme, so maybe someone can tell me how faithful it is to the original ( @Skort?), but cool video nonetheless. What with that dark look, and the guitars sounding 🤘

Hits a few key notes / tunes of the WoW theme but overall  does not do justice to it imo.

Also,talk about overacting lmao.

Not the same theme but check this.

Edited by Skort

ha, yeah there's been some hilarious death scenes from the slasher genre over the years... really it's one of the main reasons to watch that kind of movie, imo.  The funniest that instantly came to mind for me was that time Jason Voorhees swung a woman in a sleeping back against a tree as hard as possible....and that time Freddy had a dude trapped in a Nintendo game, and proceeded to control his actions with the PowerGlove...actually that WAS intended to be funny though, I'm sure.  

Unintended hilarity---that woman in Final Destination who got popped hard by a speeding bus.  I'm sure it was annoying other people in the theater how much my friend and I were laughing at that scene.

outside the horror genre though---the absolute GOAT---the #1 unintentionally funny death scene ---there was a big guy in the Jennifer Lopez film Out of Sight....he was shown running up the stairs with a handgun, trying to get at George Clooney's character...the guy slipped on the stairs and blew his own brains out.  I laughed so hard at this I cried, man... I had it recorded and kept rolling it back to watch that over again... I still crack up when remembering this.  I tried searching for it on youtube occasionally for YEARS...and no one has uploaded it, sadly.

When a dream tries to sneak in the supernatural disappearance of a little girl after I move into a new town.

Not tonight nightmares. Y'all are gonna have to do better than that creepy nonsense. I even received letters from parents from the "previous" school I worked on.  

Sneaky butted nightmares think I wont spot when I'm in one. I see you. 

Patreon plugin for subscribers seems to be working properly now!  Hopefully I won't have to upgrade people by hand anymore...

I am now taking suggestions for long-term site improvements.  What kind of features would you guys like to see?  What kind of things do you feel current FGC sites are not providing?

Blogs? Tournaments? Player ranking system? Wiki? Streamed events?

I will be doing research into different ways to  possibly expand the site in the future.

23 minutes ago, misterBee said:

What kind of features would you guys like to see? 

A wiki would be cool, but there's so much out there already... Maybe a nav that would take me to the correct wiki? Like a wiki search engine? 

I might just start a thread with links to wikis until we have something like this. So I don't have to search all around to find some frame data or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Wiki would be neat but between DustLoop and Mizuumi, they've sort of got everything covered. Dont even know of there is a KoF wiki.

Guess I should check out dreamcancel/8wayrun/tekkenzaibatsu to see what they are doing.

Dream Cancel has a wiki. Nowhere as good as Dustloop tho.

Between Dustloop and Mizuumi, Anime/Poverty is covered.

Truth be told, Capcom is the one in most dire need of a DL-Tier wiki. CFN frame data is clunky af because you need to jump through hoops to access it.

8 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

My mans Infernoman living up to his handle.  He burnt the old SRK GD down with the nudes.  🤣  Them Titanic Ta-tas and bootyful backsides were too hot for Mr. Wizard and company and they had to call in the fire department.

Welp it was fun while it lasted. I got suspended until jan 1st...assuming the place survives until then, I may do one more massive bomb if I return. 

if my account wasn't suspended, I would do one more on election day until I get taken down. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
8 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Your Avatar reminds of gurren lagann?

The people who made Gurren Lagann at Gainax formed their own company called Trigger.  They made Kill la Kill, Darling in the Franxx, and Little Witch Academia, among other things.

My avatar is from Space Patrol Luluco, which is one of their works:

Other notable examples include the incredible Ninja Slayer:

And the masterpiece that is Inferno Cop:

(make sure you turn on subtitles)

37 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

Welp it was fun while it lasted. I got suspended until jan 1st...assuming the place survives until then, I may do one more massive bomb if I return. 

if my account wasn't suspended, I would do one more on election day until I get taken down. 

At least you were not posting lubed bbc like baby dick

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah, I don't know to this day why the hell they went with Discourse. I stayed because it's SRK, but god that software was ass.

I think Discourse does some pretty interesting things and has some good ideas.  I even considered installing it on my server for SRK2.

The reason I didn't is because installing it is not as straight-forward a process as it is with a normal forum, and I know you guys are dinosaurs who don't like change. 🙃