Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Just now, Hecatom said:

Is not bein easier but collecting data. 

Indeed, perhaps I should have added that it's under the illusion instead of ease of use. Yes, the collection of meta data on you gets easier by the day...we all fall for it. If we try to fight it, the companies at the top find more ways to lock out other options as time goes by again under the illusion of "we make this easier for you!" I got rid of facebook after 2011 but I know someone or something wants to force me back in. 😬

the cliff notes of just how awesome "power cosmic" is--- https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Cosmic

the transmutation of matter is especially interesting to me...imagine being able to change something into anything else.  You could "magically" change a handful of sand into gold.  The funny thing is; that is probably a "simple" usage of such a power.

"The Power Cosmic allows Galactus to employ the available absorbed cosmic energies within him to produce nearly any effect he desires, including size-alteration, the molecular restructuring and transmutation of matter, the teleportation of objects—even entire galaxies—across space and time, the creation of force fields, the creation of interdimensional portals, telepathy, telekinesis, and cosmic awareness on a universal scale. Galactus has even been shown as capable of creating sentient life, resurrecting the dead, manipulating mortal souls..."  

It's insane what one could do if you have mastery and full understanding of this ridiculous power....it's god-level shit there.

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, MillionX said:

the cliff notes of just how awesome "power cosmic" is--- https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Cosmic

the transmutation of matter is especially interesting to me...imagine being able to change something into anything else.  You could "magically" change a handful of sand into gold.  The funny thing is; that is probably a "simple" usage of such a power.

"The Power Cosmic allows Galactus to employ the available absorbed cosmic energies within him to produce nearly any effect he desires, including size-alteration, the molecular restructuring and transmutation of matter, the teleportation of objects—even entire galaxies—across space and time, the creation of force fields, the creation of interdimensional portals, telepathy, telekinesis, and cosmic awareness on a universal scale. Galactus has even been shown as capable of creating sentient life, resurrecting the dead, manipulating mortal souls..."  

It's insane what one could do if you have mastery and full understanding of this ridiculous power....it's god-level shit there.

But can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

7 hours ago, Volt said:

Isn't Whatsapp itself on the same nonsense?

Same. I'm adamant about not making a Facebook. Period. Consequences be damned. It's just not worth the headache.

I don't know, since I don't use whatsapp very much.

But with wechat you -must- use the QR code to login on desktop (unless you just emulate an Android environment).

Also the desktop version does not allow you to see Moments (essentially the newsfeed) and your chat history doesn't carry over between the two. It will only show the messages you have when you looked at them/sent them from the PC version.

They really don't care about the desktop version at all, maybe because a majority of Chinese people don't have home computers yet (but damn near everyone has a smart phone).

I should also mention that wechat is also the dominant payment system and also by far the most popular social media app in China.

11 hours ago, Scanman said:

Wechat (the Chinese copy of Whatsapp) (I'm not Chinese- need it for work) has the same issue- there is no legitimate browser version of the App. To log in to the app, you have to scan the QR code from your phone, making it a totally superflous desktop app.

I finally just downloaded bluestacks (android emulator) to use the app correctly. Ridiculous.

Whatsapp desktop version syncs through your phone also.

I don't really mind though - as long as I can copy/paste and use my keyboard while using the app I don't really care where it's being run from.

Makes sense that WeChat doesn't want to have native apps that run on other devices since it's deeply tied to your phone number and is also used for payment and stuff.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

is there a way to use line stickers in other apps?

No.  Wechat has a really large sticker selection of its own so it's not so bad.  Whatsapp stickers are super ghetto though -- you gotta install them as separate apps from the app store...can't be added or managed from within Whatsapp itself.

I use Wechat, Whatsapp, and Line all the time.  They're all virtually the same except Wechat can do a lot more things than the other two.

It surprised the hell out of me the other day to hear an old friend suddenly bring up politics... that guy has never cared until now due to the stimulus payment. (*I vaguely recall him saying he never cared enough to vote before)  It makes some form of sense though...he's wondering which candidate is more likely to get him a stimulus payment.  He missed out on the first one since he was still working and has been doing a 1099 job for years...so he'll probably miss out on this one too.  That's a shame, since he'd definitely need it.

...that's a bad deal, imo...the 1099... it's only a good situation if your pay is way more than what you'd get at a regular W2 job.  It's  odd that he seems content to just barely make it in life with that nonsensical deal.  No benefits, no paid days off, and it's not like he's getting paid much anyway....shit is terrible, man....it's like he's just given up and figured "eh, this is the best I'll ever do in life, I guess." since he's been there for years now. (realistically; he wouldn't fit in anywhere else though...particularly with this incredibly toxic attitude he has about the typical employer/employee relationship...most jobs probably wouldn't tolerate him for long.)  The lack of any paid vacation time is a major deal-breaker for me....fuck that.

It has become apparent to me that this is my OCD issue... always trying to analyze the "why..?" behind the various things people do in life...especially the "wrong" choices..I'm always wondering "...but why would you ever do that?".  It's like a never-ending puzzle in my mind that I'm trying to analyze...just be fascinated with various details of the situation.  

1 hour ago, MillionX said:

He missed out on the first one since he was still working and has been doing a 1099 job for years...so he'll probably miss out on this one too.  That's a shame, since he'd definitely need it.

It's been months since I looked at it, but I'm pretty sure everyone got a stimulus check unless they made too much money the year before to qualify.

1099 might have excluded him from the unemployment benefit though if he's out of work now.

18 minutes ago, odin said:

The same issue Billie Eilish has lol

Well, I did a quick search on "Billie Eilish body" then.... holy shit she actually has some jugs! 😮  The titty-meat is actually significant.  I could do without the "heavily medicated" look she tends to have all the time though....that + the weird hair colors...that subtracts some points.  

I wonder who takes the crown now for most unattractive celeb?  My pick is still a close call between Camryn Manheim and Gabby Siddebe.  ...though 2 relatively new ones added to the list for me would be Rachel Maddow and Leslie Jones.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Angel said:

FB_IMG_1603648906833.jpg

You are the mod here, right? What happened to my thread, are we not allowed to make our own threads?

having designated threads is what caused SRK's slow death. If you want this forum to prosper and become better then you should allow posters to make threads. You never know, the Greatest Poster of Shoryuken may decide to come here so he has to make his threads in order for this site to have an actual future.
Should he post here and deal with the same amount girlmanism that is in the SRK lounge where these same posters cried over everything like a bunch of girls?

42 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

You are the mod here, right? What happened to my thread, are we not allowed to make our own threads?

having designated threads is what caused SRK's slow death. If you want this forum to prosper and become better then you should allow posters to make threads. You never know, the Greatest Poster of Shoryuken may decide to come here so he has to make his threads in order for this site to have an actual future.
Should he post here and deal with the same amount girlmanism that is in the SRK lounge where these same posters cried over everything like a bunch of girls?

Who tf are you first of all? 

And how you gonna say "designated threads are what killed SRK" while actively asking why your designated thread got deleted? Even if someone did delete it, can you not put two and two together? 🤣

And no, threads aren't what killed SRK. It was mostly whiny posters like you. 

12 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Who tf are you first of all? 

And how you gonna say "designated threads are what killed SRK" while actively asking why your designated thread got deleted? Even if someone did delete it, can you not put two and two together? 🤣

And no, threads aren't what killed SRK. It was mostly whiny posters like you. 

Who am I? I am a roaming viewer who wants to be part of a forum that has a great poster making great posts and great threads. I don't want to read mediocre posts from overly sensitive girly nobodies like you. I don't want general subject topics because how will I or anybody know that HE has arrived?

Threads and posters like you killed SRK. Nobody wanted to read a bunch of posters crying over who is going to jerk off, no body wanted to read crying mods, no body wanted to read crying posts about the Dog Whisperer show, or Chris Brown, and nobody wanted to read you.  I bet no one here knows you or can remember you with out scrolling to check your name. A name that sucks and is for girls.  

Edited by weneedhim
7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I get you're sort of an idiot but that sure as hell is not what happened.

Yes, that was what happened over there. I lurked in SRK during that time because HE  returned, and instead of reading his great posts I saw  Prepy and Perthojivo crying over each others your mama jokes.  

I don't know who you are over there (no one does) but if you have been in SRK ever since it was saved from it's end, the state of SRK is also your fault. 

Edited by weneedhim
2 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

Yes, that was what happened over there. I lurked in SRK during that time because HE  returned, and instead of reading his great posts I saw  Prepy and Perthojivo crying over each others your mama jokes.  

I don't know who you are over there (no one does) but if you have been in SRK ever since it was saved from it's end, the state of SRK is also your fault. 

Simple yes or no question here. 

Do you realize that nobody takes you seriously outside of being an object of amusement, or naw? 

I did. A small Halloween party with some friends last night. I kinda hated it. 

I was hosting so I did most the planning, decorating, cooking, etc. so I didn’t get much time to hang out or have any drinks or whatever.

I also didn’t want to do it in the first place cause I hate Halloween. But I hate every holiday basically, so.

The reason I threw the party though was for a friend. She loves Halloween but can’t really do holidays at her house anymore as she married a Jehovah witness which means they’re not allowed to have fun or celebrate holidays in their house. 

thankfully, her husband is pretty cool about he. He has a “if I didn’t see you doing it than it didn’t happen” frame of mind when it comes to her celebrating holidays without him. So it’s nice. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Conversation today:

Wife to daughter: Whats your favorite holiday?

Daughter: My birthday.

😂😂😂

That’s the only correct answer. That’s the answer I give everyone when they ask me what my favorite holiday is 

Edited by iStu X

Yeah, I'm not even sure what the protocol is for Halloween this year. Probably not gonna be nearly as many kids going door to door.

Usually there's some form or fashion of party to hit up for Halloween but, I doubt that'll be the case this year and I'm not sure I'd even want to risk it just for 1 good night. 🤷🏾‍♂️

It's gearing up to snow anyway, so I'm content just staying in and chomping down on some of the games I keep buying and not starting. Maybe have a buddy or two over for some sets and drinking, but otherwise, I'm looking to enjoy this next whole week off and being damn cozy while I'm at it. 👍