Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Loving your moms isnt a black or white thing. Its a human thing. 

Not that, the most I could do was a poem.

Darc wrote a whole book and had it printed for her. Think he posted a pic of it in the writing thread. For sure he did in the SF5 Lounge. Its actually hella godlike that he did all that.

Either way though, #DefyingStereotypes

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

My wife (who’s Persian)

Say what now?

You put a ring on one of these? 🤣

images_75.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

One thing I’m happy about is that my mom spanked me, but never used a weapon. My wife (who’s Persian) and her cousin both got their asses beat by fists, belts, and frying pans.

Not even the Chancla? Man, you weren't raised right. 🤣

One sniper shot like that and you wouldn't be laughing.

I swear, they plant some heat tracking device on whatever they throw.

My mom launched a whole water bottle at the wall next to me as a warning shot, but instead of hitting the wall, it got me squarely on the back of my head.

Even she was surprised about it. 🤣

Edited by Volt
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

My family is hillbilly red neck as fuck, you waaaaaaaay off point bro. 

Edit: I didnt take offense or anything, I know it was a joke, this is just an observation I find funny and interesting about how cultures interact with eachother.

I find it funny and kind of interesting how often the "SRK" community complains about their experiences being erased from conversation or whatever, and then turn around and do the same shit to white people. "You're closet brown." Naw man. Im hella white. White people beat their kids, this isn't new or unheard of. Like how is this all that different from the kids at school telling Darc_Requiem hes not really black because he doesn't talk like his peers? 

I had a friend about 15 years ago that this was a huge issue for, he was a nerdy black kid who loved to do Stop Motion Animation, and I would see this guy get tore up by his peers for not being "proper" black. 

I can relate

34 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Pretty much all my friends got their asses whooped. I'm  black but my two best friends were white and Hispanic.  

I don't think anybody thinks white kids don't get beat, it's just if someone is going to go head to head with their parents stereotypically it's a white kid. At least that was the running joke in 90' s  early 2000's media.

Whooping asses is a fine tradition that kept humans civilized.

Now contrast that with the gen that grew up being cuddled and not having thei ass whopped.

I say bring ass whoopings back.

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

EventHubs headline: "SRK replacement forum closes amidst racism scandal". Thanks for getting us canceled Tubbs. Was nice while it lasted.

I turn my back for 5 damn minutes... :marvelous:

@M A R T I A N

If someone can find me UI/text sprite rips for MVC1 that would be great.  What I had to do to make that was stupid.

EDIT: Never mind...I went into the game and ripped the sprites myself.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

@Volt you were telling me to back up stuff because my hard drive is pro on the fritz and I literally got hit with a blue screen as I was backing up some stuff lmao

Might be upgrading sooner than I wanted. 

Yep, called it.

On the flip side, you probably can get by with just an HD for now while you save up for a proper upgrade.

8 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Trying??? He straight up motorboating dem cheeks getting all up in there.

@DoctaMarioCongrats on the wedding. The thought of marriage scares me. But its nice to see some people are still willing to take that leap. We really need more solid couples and families in today's world.

So I get off work and head to the AirBnB I've been crashing at for a bit. Now I tried to be cool about this. I paid 750 for a month. And was welcomed to a house with a mom and her 14 year old daughter. Who is gay so she thinks nothing of walking about with no bra. So mom has to keep reminding her there's a man in the house. Just because you like girls, doesn't mean you can just walk around like that among men

The mom confides in me on day one! About how 3 weeks ago her husband beat her. And went into graphic detail about the assault. Got a restraining order And hubby controls all the finances and the business she was employed in. So she's broke and using airbnb as primary income. And how her family disowned her for getting involved with a black guy etc.

I go to sleep and the bed REEKS of cat piss. Could barely sleep. So I start commuting a few days a week from atlanta. But I get back today, and this ladies idea of a joke is this when I walk through the door. "Oh no a black guy is breaking into my home! Lol"

And I'm just looking at her like "what bitch!?" And she was like "oh that wasn't funny, did that offend you?" And I just cut her off and tell her lets just forget that was said, how was your day? So I'm canceling this shit. She can have the money. She needs it badly. But I cant recommend this to anyone. She did not set this up properly. Oh forgot to mention the damn room door locks and unlocks from the outside, and she won't give you a key for the house.

She's just desperate and doing whatever she can to make it. So I cant be too mad. But I'm mad. Lastly was suckered me in. Was her offering "home cooked meals" And she made spaghetti the first night. Cool. Except she cant cook for shit! Didn't drain the spaghetti. Just wet noodles right on to the plate. Unseasoned spaghetti sauce straight from the fridge, and unseasoned, well done ground beef just thrown in there. SMFH! Staying at hotels for a few nights a week instead

Playings devil advocate.

Perhaps she is just really in a bad mental state because the whole ordeal, and ger way to trying to cope with it was with some bad timed/not earned humor.

Since you say she was involved with a black guy (her husband i assume) she isnt really aware that she cant make that kind of jokes with anyone, just because she thinks she knows them.

A lot of people those days seem to lack both common sense and social intelligence to know that they cant say everything that comes to their mind.

Is kind of late now, but you should have at least tried to explain her those points so, since she seems to really need the money, improve on.

I want to think that she was just socially inept, and maybe due the stress of her whole situation.

Well at the very least BBHoody has the inspiration for a horror movie or a Harold and Kumar movie.

Hotel Cat Piss!

That lock from the outside thing reminds me of the dorm room I got to stay in for my psych rotation. The light switch was on the outside too lol

That had no meals but at least it was free.

Edited by DangerousJ
27 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Playings devil advocate.

Perhaps she is just really in a bad mental state because the whole ordeal, and ger way to trying to cope with it was with some bad timed/not earned humor.

Since you say she was involved with a black guy (her husband i assume) she isnt really aware that she cant make that kind of jokes with anyone, just because she thinks she knows them.

A lot of people those days seem to lack both common sense and social intelligence to know that they cant say everything that comes to their mind.

Is kind of late now, but you should have at least tried to explain her those points so, since she seems to really need the money, improve on.

I want to think that she was just socially inept, and maybe due the stress of her whole situation.

I hear you. And maybe I would've considered that. If it wasn't for the spaghetti. How you gonna offer home cooked meals as the major selling point. And with a straight face serve me up some spaghetti my dad would've cooked....like I was expecting some good southern style Alabama cooking. And instead I get this bland basic shit.

That meal was her opportunity to salvage this and she failed. I'm sorry that she is going through the things she is going through. But that is no excuse for inviting a paying customer into your home and having a pissy bed for them to sleep on. Treating your guest like a therapist, and offering home cooked meals when you can't cook. The inappropriate joke was just the last straw.

Edited by BB_Hoody
3 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Remember when I said she mentioned the assault in graphic detail? One of those details is him punching her square in the mouth multiple times. Causing her to have chipped and missing teeth. And a vertical scar on her upper lip. And she flat in the back, so nah

Well, due how you put it was the assault, i am sure she is probably dealing with some serious depression.

Also, believe or not, sometimes, for people in this kind of cases is more easy to open up with starngers, specially if they feel isolated from the people around him that would function as pillars, like family, which as you mentioned, seems to be isolated from them.

22 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Well, due how you put it was the assault, i am sure she is probably dealing with some serious depression.

Also, believe or not, sometimes, for people in this kind of cases is more easy to open up with starngers, specially if they feel isolated from the people around him that would function as pillars, like family, which as you mentioned, seems to be isolated from them.

Hate to sound like a hartless asshole but I didn't sign up for all that. I just wanted a place to crash while I'm in town. She really doesn't seem like she should be hosting any people in her home. But desperate times call for desperate measures

3 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

Hate to sound like a hartless asshole but I didn't sign up for all that. I just wanted a place to crash while I'm in town. She really doesn't seem like she should be hosting any people in her home. But desperate times call for desperate measures

I know, i am just theorizing here on why she acted the way she did. 

1 hour ago, BB_Hoody said:

@DoctaMarioCongrats on the wedding. The thought of marriage scares me. But its nice to see some people are still willing to take that leap. We really need more solid couples and families in today's world.

I think when you meet the right chick and can be objective about her making you and your life better, it becomes an option. Guys usually have things they want to get done before they settle down and if they don't do them, they'll never truly settle down, so don't worry about it. So what you gotta do, and keep your mind open and eventually you'll meet the right chick. You seem like a good dude and you've come a long way in the last several years! 

Btw thanks everyone for the kind words and congratulations. It means a lot! :)