Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

18 minutes ago, Sonero said:

abandoned his wife and kids when younger by tling his wife he was gonna go biy cigarrettes and leaving for three months.

The ol' Irish Goodbye.  My wife and I joke about it at least once a month, and neither of us even smoke.

I had to get my son CoVid tested about 3 weeks ago.  They had a drive-up testing set-up where the nurse in full PPE just came up to the car door where his carseat is.  He didn't love getting the nasal swab, but it was over quick and he enjoyed the lollipop they gave him.  Results back in 48 hours.

Negative test (and he was sneezing a lot so I wasn't even particularly suspicious that it was CoVid anyway).

Edited by Reticently
13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Adding unto the nonsense of the day, I just learned that the first elected governor of Puerto Rico...abandoned his wife and kids when younger by tling his wife he was gonna go biy cigarrettes and leaving for three months.

Bruh... @OrochiJ Luis Mu~oz Marin estaba safao.

The oldest play in the book lol. 

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Pandemic and all that buuuuuuuut, my daughter's most common doctor here loves the heck out of her.

Having a doctor that remembers your daughter fondly is damn worth the price of admission.

hahaha Yea it makes sense.

And doc appts don't take that long here either, usually 15 mins to your appt time.

Emergency room... That's a different story, but also depends on how many other idiots are sick/injured.

sheeeeitttt, it sure would be nice if steroids had no downsides... just out of the blue I was remembering a time when a doc gave me a steroid-based medication.  The shit was SO amazing. I've always mentioned that I understand how someone could get hooked on that.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it makes you feel like you are truly a superhuman... words can't even do it justice, man.  I felt like I had actual invincibility + all this extra energy radiating from me, like a magical, godlike being....like I could stand right next to a nuclear explosion going off and be perfectly fine.

Invincibility would be one of the top-rank powers...imagine knowing for sure that you can't ever be physically damaged by anything.  Even in the absence of any other powers, I'd definitely take that.

Just now, MillionX said:

Invincibility would be one of the top-rank powers...imagine knowing for sure that you can't ever be physically damaged by anything.  Even in the absence of any other powers, I'd definitely take that.

You wanna live forever??

1 minute ago, odin said:

You wanna live forever??

Oh hell yeah...but immortality would only be a good thing if you also have invincibility or extreme, Hulk-level regeneration/healing.

This is also one of the main reasons I've always been so fascinated by vampires... they have such an insanely cool power setup, it always puzzles me when I hear of so many people that would NOT take that deal....it's as crazy to me as someone saying they wouldn't want to have Kypronian powers, actually. (*and actually I'd argue that vamps typically have a much more interesting suite of powers depending on the lore---I'd prefer Vampire the Masquerade style of course since that has all kinds of interesting abilities to pick from)  Just going by the most basic definition, you're talking about immortality on top of superhuman speed, agility and strength, and usually some degree of mind-control ability....and for the very small downside of being weak to sunlight?  Hell yeah I'm taking that deal without even the slightest hesitation.

...except if it's The Strain vampirism.  Those vamps are mostly lame... only the elites, the "born" one and the "Master" himself are worth a damn.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Adding unto the nonsense of the day, I just learned that the first elected governor of Puerto Rico...abandoned his wife and kids when younger by tling his wife he was gonna go biy cigarrettes and leaving for three months.

Bruh... @OrochiJ Luis Mu~oz Marin estaba safao.

You know what's funny? Apparently Hoover found out about his mistress and his crack addiction and used it as leverage on him.

https://www.latinorebels.com/2015/03/05/como-luis-munoz-marin-y-su-adiccion-al-opio-esclavizaron-a-puerto-rico/

19 minutes ago, Sonero said:

PR History class sure left out a lot.

Mainland US history classes teach basically nothing about PR.  Footnote level info.  Learned a lot from this though:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5ucHIub3JnLzUxMDMzMy9wb2RjYXN0LnhtbA/episode/NGUyNzczNjYtYWQ4My00YTQ1LTg2NGMtY2I5ZGZjYWFkMzM2?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwiA_P3onbfsAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

oh yeah, forgot to mention... the only things I would not like about vampirism...

• -Separation from friends/family - at least in VtM lore, this is usually part of the deal, unfortunately... contact with people you knew back when you were a *living* person...that in itself could easily be considered a "violation" of the "masquerade" which could lead to either you or your loved ones being killed as per whoever is calling the shots (a "prince" or "baron") in that area of vampire society.  The safe route for you and them is to just be a "missing person" and presumed dead. (heh, which you technically are a dead person but y'know..)
  • -You cannot enjoy regular food anymore - It would be a real curse to never enjoy a good pizza or hamburger again, for the rest of time.  There is a way the VtM vamps can enjoy food but it involves a certain ability.
  • -the fact that there are other vamps in the world that are older and thus far more powerful than you are....as in the regular human world, some are assholes and purposely looking to start trouble.  I'd prefer to keep to myself and any ghoul assistants I have acquired.

*another cool thing there in the lore--- "ghouled" servants are able to take care of things during the day, act as your personal "security detail", etc.... and it's a beneficial relationship for them too since being a ghoul also grants the person some degree of that vamp's powers (*they also become effectively immortal as well...as long as they keep getting vamp blood to drink on occasion).  

Depending on the clan.. animals can be made into your ghouls as well....ha, that's pretty badass now that I think of it again... imagine you have things like lions, apes and other dangerous animals at your command...AND they have certain powers because they're "ghouled"...

Edited by MillionX

yeah, I'm also not a fan of the rigid societal structure you see in some vampire lore...  it makes for some interesting story tension, sure but I wouldn't want to actually deal with all that for real....like in VTM just the act of turning another person is actually forbidden, at least usually...it would have to be okayed by the prince or baron.  Unsanctioned "embrace" could result in you and your new fledgling facing execution. 😄

... in CW-land Vampire Diaries & Originals they didn't have to worry about all that... in that world, the vamps, wolves and everything else are free to do whatever they want.  Marcel considered himself "King" of New Orleans but he had very few rules and just let everyone have fun doing whatever.  Sheeeeitttt, being a vampire would be awesome in that TVD/Originals world.

21 minutes ago, MillionX said:

it makes for some interesting story tension, sure but I wouldn't want to actually deal with all that for real....like in VTM just the act of turning another person is actually forbidden, at least usually.

Interview with The Vampire has a similar issue going on. Lestat turns a little girl into a vampire and 💩 ensues. Cant turn little kids into vampires.

My wife swears by the Anne Rice novels though. Dont know how much you read, but they're probably worth checking out with all your vampire love.

Legacy of Kain and Vampire Hunter D have the best Vampire worlds. Kain because he really doesn't care long as you dont "surpass" him, and even that is pretty debatable really, and D because by the time his stories take place Vampire society has fallen apart so you can do whatever you feel like with the only consequence being you MIGHT run into D at some point...maybe, 

Oh and Vampires from both universes are incredibly powerful, with the Kain universe vampires able to evolve and earn new powers. 

Edited by RSG3

Vampire Hunter D is the greatest.  I've read every novel.  They're like cyberpunk + fantasy + vampires all rolled into one. 

The books are where it's at.  The first anime adaption is really old and didn't age well.  The second one looks pretty and sorta tells the story from one of the books -- it's ok I guess.

I haven't tried Greylancer, the other prequel series from the same author yet.

90s bois might recognize two other anime adapted from the author's other works:

106777l.jpg
Demon City Shinjuku

80565l.jpg
Wicked City

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

Magneto might win fights, but I'd rather be Multiple Man or Vandal Savage or similar for quality of life.

Magneto controls the 2nd strongest of the 4 fundamental forces.

There is almost nothing that he can’t do. He is borderline omnipotent when his powers are considered literally.

Whenever I'm inclined to be cheap about the "what superpower would you want?" question...

The POWER COSMIC, bruh....and oh yes... I want full understanding and mastery over it.  It's that "anything" kind of power.  I think it would be worth the downside of being a herald of Galactus.  Silver Surfer is one of the most game-breaking overpowered hero characters in the history of American comics...and yet he is only working with a portion of power cosmic.

*oh and yeah---Queen of the Damned--- surprisingly I still haven't seen this one; I definitely need that one in my collection.

One other example of lame vamps though---that SyFy show Van Hellsing.  I'll try giving this show another chance since I noticed more is available now on netflix, but DAMN that first season was not a good first impression at all.  Those chumps are weak👎  

Franklin Richards.

the fact several cosmic entities like Galactus (who Franklin actually used as HIS Harold) and eternals have been like “yo, we need to watch out for this kid. He’s OP as fuck” should tell you something.

Marque of Death, Mathew Malloy and Protege are also OP as fuck. The Living Tribunal, who is the living embodiment of The One Above All (who is Marvels version of God)  had to absorb Protege because he wanted to (and came very close to) replace The One of Above All. 

Edited by iStu X