Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Fuuuuck.  I had a curbside groceries order placed for Albertsons to be picked up tomorrow morning. Had to schedule it a week out, as that was the earliest available time to reserve.  Well, I got a call this morning saying they had to cancel my order because they are shutting down the store for two weeks.  They are also shutting down the Walmart, Sam's Club, and several restaurants.

Luckily, Sprouts is doing delivery so I was able to get an order in for groceries.  But holy shit, that's at least three major grocery stores in my area that are completely shut down right now.

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Fuuuuck.  I had a curbside groceries order placed for Albertsons to be picked up tomorrow morning. Had to schedule it a week out, as that was the earliest available time to reserve.  Well, I got a call this morning saying they had to cancel my order because they are shutting down the store for two weeks.  They are also shutting down the Walmart, Sam's Club, and several restaurants.

Yeah, Im thinking kf doing two weeks worth of groceries tomorrow morning just in case. I dont trust these dudes.

30 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Yeah, Im thinking kf doing two weeks worth of groceries tomorrow morning just in case.

That's what I'm doing.  I looked around and Sprouts is doing a delivery service so I'm stocking up.  They have good produce, but their shit is expensive. And everything is organic so it has fucking tofu and shit in it.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Be nice if you didn't do the same for those of us who didnt feel the same way. Thanks. 

No need to get defensive.  I was referring to the people I've seen online who were unhappy with the game for the reasons I mentioned.  I didn't say ALL of them were that way, and I had no plans to call you 'right wing' either.

Seems to me like you're dragging around some baggage from conversations with other people.

8 minutes ago, misterBee said:

No need to get defensive.  I was referring to the people I've seen online who were unhappy with the game for the reasons I mentioned.  I didn't say ALL of them were that way, and I had no plans to call you 'right wing' either.

Seems to me like you're dragging around some baggage from conversations with other people.

A bit. Didnt mean to imply you where, just that i was gonna head it off before it got to that point.

11 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not cringy, people have different preferences. I don't have to identify with the player character because, to frank, I never had that opportunity growing up. If had to identify with the character, I'd never become a gamer. That said, given that fact that I didn't even have the option initially, having a player to identify with can be refreshing. Just another option I have as a gamer.

I can't say that I've ever really identified with a character either. I've always had a healthy imagination and used to pretend a lot when I was a kid so it wasn't "this character is me" it was/is more "It would be cool to be/be like this character that is nothing like me at all."

Then again, my ideal super power would be to be a morph like Shang Tsung/Mystique because I've always wondered what it would be like to be someone else for a bit, never FOREVER, but just for a bit, so maybe that's part of it. But yeah, different folks, different strokes.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

damn shutting down?

i tried to play last of us, shit was a glorified ladder climbing simulator.    I feel like the ppl that like that game also like Gone Home.

Probably the same weirdos that be playing catherine at evo

I played Catherine at Evo 2018, mainly just to support the group, I don't really play it like they do, but still, I was pool fodder in that tourney. It's a fun, if not a bad competitive game.

6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I've always wondered what it would be like to be someone else for a bit, never FOREVER, but just for a bit, so maybe that's part of it.

Reminds me of a dream I once had.

A cult kidnapped me and use magic to paralyze me and put me into someone else's body for reasons unknown.

I thought it would make a cool movie and thought of the name Avatar too. And yes this was before the Cameron movie lol

2 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Time for a new phone. RIght now I am inbetween the Pixel 4a 5G and the Pixel 5. There is a $200 difference between the two. The differences that the 5 has for more money are:

• 90Hz refresh rate
  • (Slightly) larger battery
  • 5G Ultra band radio 
  • 2GB more RAM
  • Wireless charging
  • Reverse wireless charging
  • as an IP rating

Anyone here have either device?

I'm on the road for work, but when I get home there's a brand new 4a 5g waiting for me.

12 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

She's who I was thinking of when you mentioned Twitter people trying to bend companies to their will. I dont understand why someone would try to exert their will over something they don't really care about other than to feed their own ego. 

That said, at the risk of sounding cringy, I dont understand the need some have to be able to identify as the player character in a game. Games give you the opportunity to become samurai, vampire hunters, a blue hedgehog, famous athletes, wizards, knights, soldiers, a hot chick who beats people with an electric guitar, etc, all of which are far more interesting than the person playing the game imo. To me, the fact that I'm NOT playing myself is one of the things I always loved most about video games. 

I hear ya.  I feel NO reason to,"be me" on a videogame.  I wanna spend a few minutes or hours just like you said.  Time to be a vampire hunter, a blue hedgehog, etc.  I don't even use my real name in games and I really doubt anybody does.  The one thing that I hope will come out of all of this is the ability to make up some crazy looking characters on screen.  Let people's imaginations go wild and not stagnate is what I'm asking.

I don't purposely look for characters in video games that are like me. I just happen to play a game and a character there just happens to be like me and I click with him and his playstyle. When the character vibes with me, I play the game much better. If I can't relate with the character, the game is boring. 

Edited by Thoth369
1 hour ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

unknown.png

"And it says right here in Deuteronomy, 'A woman must not dress like a man,' and I see a lot of pants out there ladies.  Maybe that's why God's giving you so much breast and ovarian cancer.  Gonna wear pants to your mastectomy?"

Who is that skull headed character? I seen him before, but I don't know who he is. What show is he from? 

Edited by Thoth369