Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

36 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Its forced SJW issue and conflicts according to some YT and a guy in DC that gave a comment on things why DC comics is closing.

Your dude from YT knows nothing. 

Actually its their top parent Company AT&T (who owns Warner Brothers) that is meddling with the writing, and not getting the results they want so they are blaming the writers instead of their own bullshit. They are forcing DC to do another Reboot event that DC does not want nor need. And if this event under sells, they might just sell off the Comic portion of DC comics, keeping only the IP).  If so, then DC Comics should of sold off to Marvel long ago. 

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Your dude from YT knows nothing. 

Actually its their top parent Company AT&T (who owns Warner Brothers) that is meddling with the writing, and not getting the results they want so they are blaming the writers instead of their own bullshit. They are forcing DC to do another Reboot event that DC does not want nor need. And if this event under sells, they might just sell off the Comic portion of DC comics, keeping only the IP).  If so, then DC Comics should of sold off to Marvel long ago. 

Are you talking about Future State?

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Are you talking about Future State?

Yeah, when I was first following it, it didn't have a name yet.
Only thing saving DC right now is Covid, as the delays are allowing writers some more time. 
But if it does not sell AT&T is going to pull the plug on the publisher. 

42 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Yeah, when I was first following it, it didn't have a name yet.
Only thing saving DC right now is Covid, as the delays are allowing writers some more time. 
But if it does not sell AT&T is going to pull the plug on the publisher. 

From my understanding Future State is the remains of 5G, another DC reboot spearheaded by Dan Didio as the fallout for Doomsday Clock. 5G was suppose split all the DC heroes into 5 generations. Wonder Woman was suppose to be the first chronological superhero kicking off 1G Superman starting 2G and Batman 3G. 5G got aborted when Didio left DC and Future State is the scraps. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

@Reticently Anya Taylor-Joy is hella pretty. That aside, this first episode of Queen's Gambit is hitting a lot of emotional notes.

Yeah, the costuming and set design really leans into Anya Taylor-Joy's good looks as the series goes on too.

Plus the episodes hold up, and a minor quibble aside the ending does not at all suck.  Really solid series all around.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Somebody gave me a rundown on it. Dudes really mad at a company for not letting them use pirated software.

Specially this being Nintendo. A company with billions in cash reserves and more miserly than Wall Streer.

Smashers are Grade A suckas.

Smashers wanted to do a tourney but were gonna use a rom and emulator. Nintendo said it's pretty easy to assume some of yall don't own the fucking 20 yr old game that isn't being sold anymore and shut it down

Bottom tier gamers are all butt hurt. Screaming emulators are legal if you own the game. 

And I am here laughing my ass off at these entitled nerds. 

well, SEN Live is on right now, actually (Schmoedown)... I'm doubting they bring up the issues concerning John Rocha and Jody's Corner posted about yesterday (*the issue was Rocha talking about homeless people, and throwing out the idea "what if you euthanized them?", something like that... ultimately a verbal spat happened live on either Jody or his friend's stream with J. Rocha himself where he appeared to make a threat live on stream.), but wooooo I'm here for it LIVE if by some miracle they get into it.  A few people in chat have already mentioned it.  The suspense is already delicious...

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

*edit---also, John happens to not be on there today... and I don't think he was on yesterday either... 

Edited by MillionX
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Somebody gave me a rundown on it. Dudes really mad at a company for not letting them use pirated software.

Specially this being Nintendo. A company with billions in cash reserves and more miserly than Wall Streer.

Smashers are Grade A suckas.

What makes the situation even dumber is the tournament was being sponsored by Nintendo and the company told the TOs to not run the emulator and they refused. They painting Nintendo as the bad guy for dropping the hammer.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Si senor.. What's up? 

I know of some independent contractor delivery companies that pay more than Uber. Check them out if you are interested.

This one is very new and seems to be launching in many cities in the states. I was recently approved. It's delivering medicine and stuff:

https://www.medzoomer.com/

https://courier.medzoomer.com/

This is a same-day delivery company that pays you 50% of whatever they charge the client. They deliver a lot of business related stuff: documents, small parcels, etc. Once, I delivered a check, had to drive like 12 miles, they payed me $25. Check if they are in your city

https://www.dropoff.com/

This one I haven't been able to enter yet, but the pay is good. They deliver important stuff like pieces for medical machines, even human organs.  They reopened positions again in my city so I am waiting:

https://www.airspacetechnologies.com/commanders

6 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I know of some independent contractor delivery companies that pay more than Uber. Check them out if you are interested.

This one is very new and seems to be launching in many cities in the states. I was recently approved. It's delivering medicine and stuff:

https://www.medzoomer.com/

https://courier.medzoomer.com/

This is a same-day delivery company that pays you 50% of whatever they charge the client. They deliver a lot of business related stuff: documents, small parcels, etc. Once, I delivered a check, had to drive like 12 miles, they payed me $25. Check if they are in your city

https://www.dropoff.com/

This one I haven't been able to enter yet, but the pay is good. They deliver important stuff like pieces for medical machines, even human organs.  They reopened positions again in my city so I am waiting:

https://www.airspacetechnologies.com/commanders

Dope man. Thanks for the info

I've mostly been doing Doordash instead of Uber. Tons of people ordering food over the last 8 or so months. It also involves little to no contact with actual people and I don't have to haul strangers around in my car all day. 

People also seem more inclined to tip you when you're bringing them food I guess, so there's that too. 🤷🏾‍♂️

So I'm taking a flight to Chicago next Wednesday for Thanksgiving vacation, and I heard that there are CDC restrictions for travelling, and that it requires presenting a negative COVID test that is no later than 72 hours before the trip. Can you even get a test result in such a short period of time? I've done some research on some test sites here in SA and apparently there is 3 locations than can procure a test result in 24 hours. Are those even legit?

I've already spoken with United and they say they don't have any restrictions implemented (aside from the facemask thingy) and a friend who lives there hasn't heard of anyone being detained upon arrival for not having a COVID test result, is this shit really being enforced?

16 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

I've mostly been doing Doordash instead of Uber. Tons of people ordering food over the last 8 or so months. It also involves little to no contact with actual people and I don't have to haul strangers around in my car all day. 

People also seem more inclined to tip you when you're bringing them food I guess, so there's that too. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I didn't know you also did that. I saw this on DD reddit not long ago:

Me getting ready to start my Dash when there is $2.50 Peak Pay.

$0 tip customers get their orders quickly

gt5hfjna2cy51.jpg

I am on the waitlist for DoorDash. Do you get good tips?

I know DoorDash bought Caviar and Caviar drivers were upset because the pay used to be much better before the acquisition.

I recommend you apply for these to have more options

Edited by AriesWarlock
Just now, AriesWarlock said:

I am on the waitlist for DoorDash. Do you get good tips?

Kind of? I mean, I get consistent tips at least. It's really just RNG man. Depends on how the client feels at the time. I don't really get upset when people don't tip either because 1) They  simply don't have to and 2)  Doordash drivers are fucking terrible half the time. They will drop your food off at the door without even knocking or texting you, they'll go and pick up multiple deliveries and your order is freezing cold by the time it arrives...The list goes on and on, lol. 

I find that most of the time though, people will at least throw you a couple bucks. Versus Uber/Lyft where I'll go an entire night sometimes without getting a single tip. 

At the end of the day it's just a side hustle tho. I can't imagine working for these guys full time. Doordash representatives are some of the hardest people to get any kind of real help from. Wouldn't surprise me that they're cutting corners with some of their other facets. 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Full respect to anyone working with the public.

It's like being a sewer worker in NYC, dealing with all the crocs and rats under the streets.

Dude its a trip. I had someone come into my store today with a mask on, wait in line, come up to the counter and PULL THEIR MASK DOWN TO TALK TO ME...Mother fuckers man. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, RSG3 said:
1 hour ago, scorp said:

Dude its a trip. I had someone come into my store today with a mask on, wait in line, come up to the counter and PULL THEIR MASK DOWN TO TALK TO ME...Mother fuckers man. 

Shit like this happened multiple times a day to me when I worked at Walmart. It’s one of the major reasons I quit. it wasn’t uncommon for me to get a deer in the headlights look when I told them to put their mask back on until they’re done dealing with me. 

id get legit responses of “why do I have to wear it here when I’m not in walking through the store”

cause bitch you’re still dealing with me and I’m not a god damn robot. 

Selfish people being selfish. It just proved how little people care about people in the service industry. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

I did doordash for a min but the time constraints didn't make sense for me. 

Like I could be on my way to getting an order then they might add another order. Which adds more time on. Buuut the order you deliver to the people isn't based on thr time but location. 

So order #1 technically should get there food first but order #2 will. Now order #1 may have expected it to arrive in 15-20..now it's pushed to 30.

Also another hassle is if the restaurant isn't ready. 

I dunno that fuckin timer gave me. Too much anxiety. 

35 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

LOL I had a dude who refused to wear a mask that was riding with his wife or gf. Now normally I would have told him to leave but here's where my conscious kicked in. 

. Initially I picked them up the girl gets in and tells me her guy is talking to the cops. Though nothing of it, thought maybe it's a local bar where everyone knows eachother. It's white people that shit tends to happen. 

. He gets in and starts insulting his girl. Saying all sorts of shit like she's a bitch and c*nt. 

. Then I asked him to wear a mask. He told me no, like he wants to fight me kinda no. He then says let me out if i gotta wear a mask. 

. I decided to just let him ride... They lived miles from the place and he Def gave me abuser vibes. I did it to keep her safe. 

. After I dropped them off he asks me to bring him back to the bar. I said I got other rides, he says im lying and I'm a pussy. He gets out and just flops me off til I'm outta his sight. 

Those toys remind me of these ppl that were complaining about the newer Shera show, acting like they was some big fans back in the day.     Like gtfo your ass wasn't watching fucking old school shera breh, my ass is old enough to remember it and I didn't even watch that generic ass bullshit.    I find it amusing that old girl Karen Fukuhara does the voice of Glimmer in Shera and Kipo from Kipo and the age of the wonderbeast, but she is also in The Boys where she has ZERO lines.

Director was like

"Yeah just stand there and look asian I guess???"