Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

19 minutes ago, Reticently said:

but at the end of the day his powers are mostly fancy telekinesis. 

He control the flow of people's blood because of the iron content.

Also dragged that one space bullet back. He also has both one of the best infinites with the best set of resets afterwards and ToDs. We not allowing this Magnus slander.

Edited by Sonero
I wrote some stuff on my phone and then this happened. Double post was sort of accidental. IDGAF GET TAPDANCED.

yeah...it was funny when a couple of years ago I decided to look up Spawn to see how overpowered he had become, or just what was going on since I stopped buying the books a long time ago... the dude was eventually powerful enough to defeat God and Satan. 😄  

...and then the dumbass gave it all up for his love for Wanda, if I recall.... the move of a sprung chump, imo....Wanda was fine and all but come on.... no way I'd give up ABSOLUTE power like that for some dumb shit like "love".  As Megatron would say---"such heroic nonsense."

head no GIF

Edited by MillionX
1 minute ago, MillionX said:

ha, yeah...it was funny when a couple of years ago I decided to look up Spawn to see how overpowered he had become, or just what was going on since I stopped buying the books a long time ago... the dude was eventually powerful enough to defeat God and Satan. 😄  

...and then the dumbass gave it all up for his love for Wanda, if I recall.... the move of a sprung chump, imo....Wanda was fine and all but come on.... no way I'd give up ABSOLUTE power like that for some dumb shit like "love".  

Mah man. Who doesn't want to kick all of Earth's ass, then travel to Argent D'nur to fuck up the Icon of Sin?

2 minutes ago, MillionX said:

no way I'd give up ABSOLUTE power like that for some dumb shit like "love".

This is lies and you know. I've been reading your posts now for 10+ years and I'm pretty damn sure that, if offered ultimate power or doing Macho Man Randy Savage elbow straight into the buttcheeks of any of your M5 broads (your pick of any of them through out the years). You would literally swan dive in there looney tunes style, then pop back out and give us the Bugs Bunny "that's all folks".

2 hours ago, Reticently said:

Like I said he wins fights, but at the end of the day his powers are mostly fancy telekinesis.  There's probably a hard cap on how much happier that makes his life.

You misunderstand. The electromagnetic force isn’t just a magnet.

As one of the 4 fundamental forces, control over it gives you literal control over the fabric of reality.  Almost anything you can think of (literally), he can do.

Xavier-level psychic power is another top-rank choice.  Imagine the versatility of that shit... for my fellow Bleach fans, this could give you Aizen's illusion shenanigans.  With psychic manipulation, you could make people think they're seeing whatever you want them to see.  My enemies could *think* they're about to fight me, when I'm not even actually there....next thing they realize they were attacking their friends thinking it's me. 😄  

...and it wouldn't even have to become a fight in the first place.  With psychic power, you could make an enemy forget why they hated you in the first place...now you have "always been friends" since childhood...or you could make them forget you even exist at all.

This is also a good power to manipulate people in power and effectively rule the world from behind the scenes.

There's also the issue of "love".  No one is off limits to anymore with such a power.  Their mind can be "re-wired"  so they suddenly "love" you.  There's so many things that are possible with this ability.  If no one else had this....no one would suspect anything either.

15 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Xavier-level psychic power is another top-rank choice.  Imagine the versatility of that shit... for my fellow Bleach fans, this could give you Aizen's illusion shenanigans.  With psychic manipulation, you could make people think they're seeing whatever you want them to see.  My enemies could *think* they're about to fight me, when I'm not even actually there....next thing they realize they were attacking their friends thinking it's me. 😄  

...and it wouldn't even have to become a fight in the first place.  With psychic power, you could make an enemy forget why they hated you in the first place...now you have "always been friends" since childhood...or you could make them forget you even exist at all.

This is also a good power to manipulate people in power and effectively rule the world from behind the scenes.

There's also the issue of "love".  No one is off limits to anymore with such a power.  Their mind can be "re-wired"  so they suddenly "love" you.  There's so many things that are possible with this ability.  If no one else had this....no one would suspect anything either.

There are a few telepaths that surpass Xavier. Shadow King is among them. I think at one point Emma Frost was stronger as well. Jean Gray at various points, etc. 

There’s also a pretty good handful of mutants that can’t be effected by mind manipulation and telekinesis. Or they can simply see through the bullShit. Or simply can’t be detected by cerebro. 

The current Xavier is a bad ass. Not in terms of power (though he is powerful, cause it’s Xavier) but in terms of attitude and swagger. He’s finally embraced what Magneto has been saying for decades. That mutants are the rightful heir to earth, they’re the next step in human evolution and if humans don’t like it than fuck them. 

Spoiler

Xavier actually just recently wiped Reed Richards mind when it came to information about a machine he built that blocks the X-Gene in mutants that Reed used on his son Franklin. Xavier and Magnus were afraid the government would try to use it to wipe out the X-Gene or trigger an effect to massacre anyone carrying the X-Gene. 

Magneto also destroyed said machine Reed built. 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

There are a few telepaths that surpass Xavier. Shadow King is among them. I think at one point Emma Frost was stronger as well. Jean Gray at various points, etc. 

There’s also a pretty good handful of mutants that can’t be effected by mind manipulation and telekinesis. Or they can simply see through the bullShit. Or simply can’t be detected by cerebro. 

The current Xavier is a bad ass. Not in terms of power (though he is powerful, cause it’s Xavier) but in terms of attitude and swagger. He’s finally embraced what Magneto has been saying for decades. That mutants are the rightful heir to earth, they’re the next step in human evolution and if humans don’t like it than fuck them. 

Hide contents

Xavier actually just recently wiped Reed Richards mind when it came to information about a machine he built that blocks the X-Gene in mutants that Reed used on his son Franklin. Xavier and Magnus were afraid the government would try to use it to wipe out the X-Gene or trigger an effect to massacre anyone carrying the X-Gene. 

Magneto also destroyed said machine Reed built. 

Is this 616 stuff? Man I'm out of touch. 

Just from a surface level assessment, the idea of Xavier abandoning his whole ideology seems kind of whack 

10 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Just from a surface level assessment, the idea of Xavier abandoning his whole ideology seems kind of whack 

There’s a reason for it. 

Spoiler

Moira McTaggart is revealed to be a mutant who’s power is reincarnation while keeping all her past memories and knowledge. You find out she’s the reason for multiple marvel story lines but ends up dying in all of them. 

some of her life’s she tries to cure her mutation, in one of her life’s she’s responsible for age of apocalypse, etc. in several of her lives though she teams up with Charles to try and preserve the mutant race and protect it. 

With her tenth life and seemingly enough knowledge to cover all the bases she confronts Xavier one more time. Who then rallies everybody. Magnus, sinister, apoc, everyone you can think of. Friend or foe. And they all move to the mutant island of Krakoa. 

xavier psychically broadcasts the Krakoan proclamation which boils down to

”we’re tired of being hunted and hated despite giving you nothing but love and protection for decades. So we’re going to live on Krakoa. We are now also going to be the biggest pharmaceutical country in the world due the drugs that only grow on Krakoa. 
(the drugs solve any mind related disease, extend someone’s life by 5 years and one other thing I can’t remember)

don’t get me wrong. We still love you and want to save you. But you’re going to pay for it now. You’re also going to give free passage to every mutant, every mutant becomes a dual citizen of their native country and Krakoa and you will recognize Krakoa as a sovereign nation. If you don’t like it? Fuck you. Love you bye!”

and then shit pops off. Lol

there’s A LOT more but Johnathan Hickman has been the head of the X-Men relaunch and it’s been fucking amazing. 

also apologies for all the edits 

Edited by iStu X
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

He control the flow of people's blood because of the iron content.

Also dragged that one space bullet back. He also has both one of the best infinites with the best set of resets afterwards and ToDs. We not allowing this Magnus slander.

He ripped the adamantium out of a certain someone and  if Professor X hadn't jumped in with the assist he would've killed him.  Don't fuck around with Magneto because you WILL find out.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
3 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

He ripped the adamantium out of a certain someone and  if Professor X hadn't jumped in with the assist he would've killed him.  Don't fuck around with Magneto because you WILL find out.

Wolverine has gotten to the point where if only a bit of him remains he'll regenerate.  He's damn near invincible.  Now there's a power I'd like.

Legion has the best mutant power. That is to say, he has HUNDREDS of powers. All raised to the Nth degree.

clean.jpg

1 hour ago, M A R T I A N said:

It is 616. You should check out the new X-men titles like YESTERDAY! So good. I like all the current X-men titles (well, I am not reading solo titles like Wolverine)  because they, besides being so interesting, they are so different: the regular book about building a new nation for mutants; a book about magic and fantasy. a book about the misfits of the new mutant society; a book about the secret operations black ops of Krakoa; a book about commerce, contraband and pirates. You'll like them!

I've always wondered what I'd do with time travel powers. Would time be affected as a whole or would I inadvertently create alternate timelines just alone by traveling? How would I go back to my original timeline? What if I go to a point in time where I make a slight deviation to an event and end up creating vampires or some shit? Maybe you can come up with a better outcome@MillionX

yeah, I figure it would be alternate timelines... perhaps in the timeline where you showed up and did something like prevent Abraham Lincoln from being assassinated, then *maybe* that becomes what was always the story over there, and things play out different from there.....meanwhile from your original timeline, he was still killed.

It's also an interesting question there about whether it's even possible for the time traveler to return to the their own original time... like maybe your travel device would need that level of precision to arrive at the precise moment after you left? ...like if you left at 12:01:05:01 then maybe you would have to aim for 12:01:05:02...?  Heh, then from everyone else's perspective, it looks like the machine didn't work, and you never went anywhere....meanwhile you went back and did a LOT of stuff...you've actually been gone for a few months.  I enjoy how bizarre the concept of time travel is 😄

*reminds me---it will be interesting to see what Marvel does with Kang the Conqueror, since he's apparently the next major player in the upcoming movies.  That guy who's the main character in Lovecraft Country is apparently cast to be him. 

Edited by MillionX
9 hours ago, FlyingVe said:

As one of the 4 fundamental forces, control over it gives you literal control over the fabric of reality.  Almost anything you can think of (literally), he can do.

Look, I'd be reluctant to invoke reality too much here.  If you want to say he can do anything you can conceive of the actual electromagnetic force doing, then you can look at the joules necessary to exert that force, convert that number of joules into moles of ATP that would have to be biochemically available in whatever tissue he actually performs his manipulation with (his brain?), and see that for physiological limitations at best he'd be able to magnetically fling metal about as far as he could throw it with his arm.

Exerting enough energy to lift a car would probably kill him.

Or we could look at it in terms of comic book reality, where every power is basically magic because it'll do whatever the author wants it to do in that moment.  And because the author whims are reality there, Magneto has to own his loss to Squirrel Girl so how good could his powers actually be?

I know it's stupid OP... But I'd have Surfer's power cosmic.

He's definitely one of my favourite designs.

Having so much power to do whatever you want. 
Riding a surfboard across the cosmos.

Meeting millions of alien galaxies.

Giving people a taste of the power cosmic like he did in Requiem.

Just all around a cool dude. And thankfully a good guy...

yeah that's always my "cheat" answer to the superpower question, when people don't impose certain limits.  I still have an issue of Wizard magazine where they ranked the most powerful superheroes---a top 10.... they had Silver Surfer at #1.  They had good explanations for each character in there... with Power Cosmic, the real question is what could you *not* do with it?  Nearly anything is possible with even a fraction of that ridiculous power....heh, it's awesome.  

On another note, this channel always has great stuff ....it's inspiring, as I haven't drawn stuff in a while; I always have "background/theme music" going on for my more creative moods...

10 hours ago, misterBee said:

Wolverine has gotten to the point where if only a bit of him remains he'll regenerate

There a caveat to that, Wolverine powers wasn't always that good. He once fought and beat the angel of death in a fight and his reward was he can regenerate from the smallest bit, but if anything by all right should of killed him (like he reduced to just his skeleton for example) he has to fight the angle again for the right to come back. 

18 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

There a caveat to that, Wolverine powers wasn't always that good. He once fought and beat the angel of death in a fight and his reward was he can regenerate from the smallest bit, but if anything by all right should of killed him (like he reduced to just his skeleton for example) he has to fight the angle again for the right to come back. 

That is some Diablo shit lol

ohhh yeah that Wolverine pic reminded me... one of the only downsides to the condition of immortality---- getting trapped in something.  Imagine your enemies successfully got you captured somehow, and you were sealed up in something like that adamantium casing, or a small cell designed specifically for you to never get out.... that's obviously quite the problem.  You're now stuck there....and your imprisonment is forever.  This would probably be the only thing I would fear as an immortal/invincible being.

ha, and imagine if one happens to be claustrophobic too, and you're there locked away in that unbreakable case, sarcophagus, whatever for the rest of time.... that would be pure Hell.  Sheeeitttt, fortunately I don't actually have that phobia but I know people who do....that's an interesting thing, actually....it always leads me to wonder how they developed such an intense fear in the first place...y'know there is usually an interesting "origin story" behind it.

edit 2-- one of the Salvatore brothers in Vampire Diaries suffered from this scenario, actually... the villain of that season locked him up in a case and dumped him into a river...so he kept drowning over and over again for a long time; his friends didn't even know where he was for a while.

Edited by MillionX

y'know, one thing I've never seen is a frail, skinny elephant...or a skinny pig.  I remember one day that thought randomly hit me when I was a kid and I couldn't stop laughing.  It doesn't take much to amuse me.  

..haha what about a morbidly obese giraffe?  I'd look to see what that looks like 😄

of course the internet has it covered...but I'd like to see these things in person.

Edited by MillionX
4 hours ago, OrochiJ said:

I've always wondered what I'd do with time travel powers. Would time be affected as a whole or would I inadvertently create alternate timelines just alone by traveling? How would I go back to my original timeline? What if I go to a point in time where I make a slight deviation to an event and end up creating vampires or some shit? Maybe you can come up with a better outcome@MillionX

I look at it either like dragon ball you can change the past but your timeline is your timeline.

Or like bttf where your future changes and you control it

But i think all those timelines and reallity exists it is yourself getting placed in that reallity

Sort of like my dreams where i time travel or what humans do when we jack off to a memory of that girl who fucked us in high school