Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL I had a dude who refused to wear a mask that was riding with his wife or gf. Now normally I would have told him to leave but here's where my conscious kicked in. 

. Initially I picked them up the girl gets in and tells me her guy is talking to the cops. Though nothing of it, thought maybe it's a local bar where everyone knows eachother. It's white people that shit tends to happen. 

. He gets in and starts insulting his girl. Saying all sorts of shit like she's a bitch and c*nt. 

. Then I asked him to wear a mask. He told me no, like he wants to fight me kinda no. He then says let me out if i gotta wear a mask. 

. I decided to just let him ride... They lived miles from the place and he Def gave me abuser vibes. I did it to keep her safe. 

. After I dropped them off he asks me to bring him back to the bar. I said I got other rides, he says im lying and I'm a pussy. He gets out and just flops me off til I'm outta his sight. 

Some people have issues. Two weeks ago a guy on the phone called me a faggot for not having a box in stock he wanted. Like why? what does that solve? 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

So I'm taking a flight to Chicago next Wednesday for Thanksgiving vacation, and I heard that there are CDC restrictions for travelling, and that it requires presenting a negative COVID test that is no later than 72 hours before the trip. Can you even get a test result in such a short period of time?

I've flown 4 times in the last three days for work; the CDC isn't restricting anything at all.

Some of the states have restrictions though, so google travel restrictions for where you are going to and where you are coming from. Only way to know what your real situation is.  Lots of places don't have real restrictions even now, more like strongly worded suggestions they don't plan on enforcing.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

I have not remotely been interested in the sf series since third strike. It bores me. I rather watch infinite top 16 than one modern sf match. 

I realized we are never gonna get post Evo fg sales anymore. 😭That shit was my black Friday 

3s was pretty much the last one that did anything for me, though I played SF4 fairly seriously for awhile and wish I'd spent the time learning a GOOD game.

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

So I'm taking a flight to Chicago next Wednesday for Thanksgiving vacation, and I heard that there are CDC restrictions for travelling, and that it requires presenting a negative COVID test that is no later than 72 hours before the trip. Can you even get a test result in such a short period of time? I've done some research on some test sites here in SA and apparently there is 3 locations than can procure a test result in 24 hours. Are those even legit?

I've already spoken with United and they say they don't have any restrictions implemented (aside from the facemask thingy) and a friend who lives there hasn't heard of anyone being detained upon arrival for not having a COVID test result, is this shit really being enforced?

We had to have a negative test to go to St.Thomas. If you have one and you're going to state that requires a 2 week quarantine for people coming from states on their shit list (which is basically every state)  like NY, then you don't have to worry about quarantining. You can get the swab test that comes back in 15 min.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/19/936677582/world-renowned-arecibo-telescope-set-to-be-dismantled?fbclid=IwAR067NgsbtpvmhXVbVp6tHHpueqQG3vtQCGGRBDkLCrNBrvf4zRkt40-WSY

The world-renowned radio telescope at the Arecibo Observatory in northern Puerto Rico, now on the brink of collapse, is set to be withdrawn from service, the National Science Foundation (NSF) announced today.

Each of the observatory's three towers has four primary cables that hold up a 900-ton equipment platform suspended above the telescope's massive reflector dish. In early August, an auxiliary cable slipped from its socket on Tower 4, carving a 100-foot-long gash into the dish.

And on Nov. 6, a main cable — also attached to Tower 4 – snapped. If another of Tower 4's cables ruptures, the platform might not hold and could collapse into the telescope's dish. Inspections of other cables revealed breaks and slippages as well.

4 minutes ago, Reticently said:

SFIII never really clicked for me.  I was okay-ish at 2nd Impact for a while, but mostly I always just ended up wishing I was playing the Alpha games.

I don't hate IV or V though. They're not amazing, but there's enough depth to them without managing to annoy me too much.

Viscant was definitely right that parries fuck up the game, but in a parade of games with wack mechanics that SF has become, SF3 has the least wack mechanic imo. Plus if you're playing the console version, going into the dip switch menu and making every move chain into another and playing it like Marvel, or giving each character all three Super Arts is fun AF, it's more fun than the game the way it naturally is.

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Viscant was definitely right that parries fuck up the game

Parries don't fuck up 3S. 3S is parries. A lot of stuff is designed around parries. The way things shake out is also because of parries etc.

3S is its own thing. I hope they never come back, much less in the way they work in that game, but his post about making everybody play at the same ranges etc isn't really the most accurate thing.

On 11/19/2020 at 4:11 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Terrible stories and constant rebooting doesn't help either.

That's more of a Marvel and DC thing. You can pick up an indie comic and read a dope story with interesting characters a priori. If you want a trad superhero shared universe with minimal reboots you can dive into the world of Valiant comics. There's lots of great comics out there not being written by the big two.

24 minutes ago, DarkGeneral said:

That's more of a Marvel and DC thing. You can pick up an indie comic and read a dope story with interesting characters a priori. If you want a trad superhero shared universe with minimal reboots you can dive into the world of Valiant comics. There's lots of great comics out there not being written by the big two.

The sad reality is that many people dont really care about alternatives outside DC and Marvel, with the ocassional outliers like Image, Valiant, etc 😕

Any thoughts on this

Street Fighter 6 - Q3 2022
Super Street Fighter 6 - Q4 2023
Final Fight Remake - Q2 2024
Power Stone Remake - Q3 2024
Ultra Street Fighter 6 - Q4 2024

I am quite surprised to see Final Fight and Powerstone in this era

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/huge_capcom_leak_suggests_new_final_fight_power_stone_mega_man_and_dragons_dogma_games_are_coming

Edited by Shakunetsu

I'm another one of those that gave up on Street Fighter quite a while ago... last one I played with any regularity was 4... part 5 looked like straight trash aside from having some fine ass broads in it.

if a Power Stone remake ends up being real, ohhhh that is SUCH a day 1 buy for me.  For years, I figured it was just a lost cause, just like there will never be another Darkstalkers, sadly.

speaking of that...  it would be another perfect thing for Switch... HINT HINT, Capcom... that's some easy money right there....I wouldn't even expect a lot of extras... if you just straight up ported both Power Stones ....edit---actually yeah, updated graphics would be preferable.  Something would have to be new about it to capture my interest in a significant way, since I already have the originals still on DC and the collection on PSP, and those systems still work for me so far.

Edited by MillionX

One hell of a surreal thing in Dreamland last night... leading to that moment of lucid status...

In the dream, I woke up and was walking around the house...then gradually noticed things were generally "incorrect" with the layout.  For some reason I had a new, kinda fancy window in a different spot complete with a 2nd-floor patio right outside it.  In another room I noticed more things that were incorrect...like parts of my place were suddenly an amalgamation of the old house I grew up in.... so I kept wondering what the hell was going on here... then it hit me--- "why is this...? OHhhhh... this... is a dream..?  ha! I've realized the dream WHILE it's still in progress...heh heh, nice..." 

...this moment of awareness seemed to then trigger a brief horrifying moment of me actually melting into the floor, like some amorphous creature, like Clayface losing his form...on the way to becoming a puddle of slime on the ground.  I had to focus to "rebuild" myself back to a humanoid shape, and it worked... I was back to form.  I walked around for a while just exploring this strange hybrid of my current place and my old home... I was able to use super-speed once before waking up though.  It's always a must to play around with whatever kind of superpowers you grant yourself in a lucid dream, since theoretically you can do anything.  My usual things are flying and super-speed... some unfortunately mundane powers in the grand scheme of things, but still fun.

It's magic.

I've flown many times in my dreams. I've only had two lucid dreams and I only flew in one of them. I frequently dream. I used to dream every night for maybe two years. One time I dreamt that I was Dr. Manhattan and I was using his powers. I used phasing, mind control, flight, size shifting, disintegration, make copies of myself, and telekinesis. The Dreamworld is the Astral Realm. The Astral Realm is above the Earthly Realm. I am always connected to it even when I am awake therefore I am basically an Astral Entity. The Astral Realm is where we get a lot of our creative ideas from.  

Edited by Thoth369

I never got into sf4.

I tried sf 5 vanilla but it was so sloppy and  unfinished even though I liked some gameplay /graphics of it.

I'm kinda surprised Capcom hasn't ported CVS2 with online. I'm sure SNK isn't as finnicky as Marvel regarding their rules. Next year is the 20th anniversary of CVS2. CVS2 is really the last Capcom fighter that I loved.

I admit that powerstone remake is intriguing. If it turned out well, I'd probably get it.

39 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I'm kinda surprised Capcom hasn't ported CVS2 with online. I'm sure SNK isn't as finnicky as Marvel regarding their rules. Next year is the 20th anniversary of CVS2. CVS2 is really the last Capcom fighter that I loved

I have read somewhere that SNK doesn't want to work with Capcom anymore because of the previous collab didn't end well with them.

This is the reason also why we didn't see any KOF mobile collab with SF. When the KOF mobile did tons of collabs already with other fighter even with Tekken and Guilty Gear.

As for Marvel. Capcom and Marvel despite the failing of MVCi. They are still in good terms because of the many ArcadeOneUp deals recently. 

You can also notice as soon Fox was acquired by Marvel. Capcom exclusive characters in the Alien vs Predator was licensed as toys and rereleased in ArcadeOneUp cabinets. AVP by Capcom was never ported else where before.

So there is a future for Mahvel games unlike CVS but it's like they aren't thinking for potential risk.

Edited by Shakunetsu
16 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Man...there's a friend of ours that comes over every thanksgiving. Been this way now for  a good 5-6 years. Had to talk to him yesterday about it since he is driving out of town.

Dude is going to a wedding today. Had to tell him it we couldn't risk him coming over after that.

This year is the worst.

Crap. This made me think of my family around thanksgiving. Not many of us get together anymore, but I might literally show up, drop off some food, and leave.

I really hope things will be back to some semblance of normal next year around this time.

Edited by axeman61

yeah, as if holidays weren't already some shit that is highly stressful for various reasons... now there's a pandemic to worry about on top of the usual stress.  More than likely I'll just come up with an "excuse" for not visiting certain people....yep, an excuse because I don't even fell l  ike arguing or explaining about it.  That in itself annoys me, y'know..?  Those people that always need an explanation as to "why?" you can't or won't do a certain thing...like they're always prepared to try and "convince" people to change their mind so they get their way 100% of the time in life.  This reminds me once again of why I tend to have low expectations of most people.

Imagine what this year must've been like as a kid though--- it just hit me... this generation of kids went home for Spring Break one day, then they were out from that point to nearly September!  That is one hell of a "summer vacation" there.  I'd bet the ones that are heavy into games are probably much more skilled at this point than they would be if this year were normal.  Sheeeittttt, I definitely would've spent about 98% of all this time gaming....oh yeah, all day every day, man.  Sooo many games would be completed to 100%; all trophies, achievements, unlocks, etc.  Naturally you'd still worry about parents and grandparents getting infected though.

@M A R T I A N@Maxxbefore I forget, there's 2 more companies I forgot that do deliveries as well, independent contractor stuff. Check them out

https://www.dispatchit.com/

https://www.roadie.com/

^Roadie has grown, they make deliveries for Best Buy, Home Depot, etc. The good thing about it is that a single store can have multiple deliveries and you can grab multiple offers.  A fellow driver told me she made $830 this week just on Roadie Best Buy deliveries, in 29 hours. You can take 5 at a time, but more if they are considered "small".

HBB7jWk.jpg

28 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Dude is going to a wedding today. Had to tell him it we couldn't risk him coming over after that.

How did he take it?

Re: SF5

I bought championship edition last weekend along with some other fighting games and it's surprisingly not quite the garbage I was expecting. Some of the normal's are a bit on the stubby side for me and dashes/walk speed is as bad as I was expecting but it's not a complete shitshow so far. It's reminding me of a watered down version of Alpha 2 so far, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

The toughest part has been finding a character that is fun to play and not just interesting to lab with.

Wait until they have In N Out and realize it’s actually not all that amazing. I’m not saying it’s bad. It just doesn’t deserve the legendary status it gets. 

I mean, the first time I had it back in 08 it was super super good. At the time it was worth the hype for me. All the subsequent times though? Yah, it was fine. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Jurassic said:

I like their fries and they usually dump a ton of them in the bag.

Aggressively so. Last time I went to 5 guys when I ordered a large fry they just got another to-go bag, stuffed a handful of  napkins in it and filled it about 3/4 the way full with fries

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Five Guys is hella overrated. Too expensive for what you get.

Not sure if people have tried Whataburger's spicy chicken sandwich, but that thing sucks all the balls.

Never tried the spicy chicken sandwich, but Whataburger is top tier burgers.

And I've tried In-N-Out, it was heavily overrated. And no, California assholes, the restaurant is not magically better when it' s in California instead of Dallas, TX.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I spent half the day moving, cleaning and rearranging my kitchen.

Tired AF but man i have hella space to work on now. Tiny kitchens are wack.

I hella wipe down my kitchen anytime I’m about to bake. It’s nice to look at a kitchen being spotless before you destroy it making a some sort of baked good. 

Edited by iStu X