Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, Red Rock Candy said:

I've been trolling dating apps for a few months to get weekend dates and the big problem I have is women not looking like their profile pictures.

To be on dating apps while having multiple kids AND (recently) expecting at the same time as well, though? Madness

Edited by hanzohattori12
12 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

From the looks of it, it may not be Amazon itself, but the drivers.  Also, I Hope you didn't need it by any special date, like someone's birthday........or Christmas.  Double hope the thing shows up at all if it happens that they are now out of that particular thing. 

Anyone getting one as a gift will be just as happy to have it even if it is late. Its not the end of the world if you get your PS5 a couple days after Xmas.

Yea the Drivers are making some miatakes. Amazon as a whole is, their workload increased like 10x due to Covid. Everyone's under a major workload in the shipping sector right now due to the massive increase in ordering. An uptick in mistakes is to be expected. 

ha, just from the way this starts off I knew it would be gold

I'm endlessly amused by those relationships where 1 person is clearly living a lie.  There's also at least 2 youtuber couples that come to mind right now (*one of which was Nicole Arbor and a certain super-internet famous ex boyfriend...the dude appears to be about as flaming as the goddamn Dark Phoenix.  The other one is a woman with a cooking channel.  There's no way in the world anyone watching the 2 of them would assume it's a romantic/sexual relationship.)

Edited by MillionX
15 minutes ago, Angel said:

Over here giving zero fucks about all the issues ppl are supposedly having with these new consoles.   

It's actually kind of difficult to even picture really wanting a console in the first year of its release at this point.  It's all incremental improvements and bare-bones libraries of stuff you can mostly already play on the last gen.

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

It's actually kind of difficult to even picture really wanting a console in the first year of its release at this point.  It's all incremental improvements and bare-bones libraries of stuff you can mostly already play on the last gen.

Dedaz, like all the games I cared about wasn't even ps5 games.   Imma be fine playing cyberpunk on the ps4 without jumping through hoops or worrying about my shit crashing.   Still wondering what happened to that Granblue game

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Wait a minute, why is youtube full of Nude Yoga videos?  Just broads doing yoga naked.

Feels like I just stumbled on the secret youtube search that Million told us nothing about.

You found it about it until now?

Youtube is full of lewd and nudity.

Searches that will yield this kind of shit include stuff like Yoga, Micro, Slingshot and other form of "bikinis", bodypaint, etc

21 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Twitter was wild, I had to start blocking shit. I'm not trying to get canned because some random person I'm not following is showing off their kitty.

Yeah, I saw on Twitter a video of a nun with most of her clothes ripped and being fucked doggy style by a were wolf in a forest with full moon. I guess the werewolf was CGI but the woman was real 🤔

On 11/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, Sonero said:

Parries don't fuck up 3S. 3S is parries. A lot of stuff is designed around parries. The way things shake out is also because of parries etc.

3S is its own thing. I hope they never come back, much less in the way they work in that game, but his post about making everybody play at the same ranges etc isn't really the most accurate thing.

Yes, the game IS parries, but have you ever played the game WITHOUT parries, like actually gone and shut them off in the dipswitch menu? It's a much different, and in some ways, better game. It was designed to be a different game from SF2 altogether and some of the design choices were, imo, reactions to complaints people had about SF2. But Viscant was right that every character is basically a semi-grappler because throws are the best option outside of parries in a lot of cases, and the parries themselves invalidate certain playstyles. Like why put a character like Remy in a game where his projectiles are largely useless?  He has other problems but that's the main one. I played the game really seriously for years and still like it, but after getting away from it and playing it again a few years ago, I started to really see it for what it is and parries are one of the things my mind changed about as I got better at fighting games in general.

It's a great, if not flawed, game, and parries are part of that.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Wait a minute, why is youtube full of Nude Yoga videos?  Just broads doing yoga naked.

Feels like I just stumbled on the secret youtube search that Million told us nothing about.

Speaking of that, a favorite of mine goes by the name "Vaneyoga".  I've been keeping tabs for quite a while on that one.... I think her old channel finally got taken out so now she has one simply called "VaneYOGA New Channel".

Remy's problem has jack all to do with parries. Remy's projectile game is hella tricky to deal with; the problem is that his super bars are long for the damage they do and the ways to land super are slim. If he had a medium sized bar with a reliable way to land it, he'd shoot up the tiers super fast.

He also never mentioned which playstyles were invalidated. Ryu's fireball gameplan sucks mostly because his fireball was made to suck. There are more ways around fireballs in CvS2 but rarely see them because fireballs there have a similarly wack frame data. The game does have Akuma zoning people out with air fireballs.

Let's take a look at a tierlist that isn't all there necessarily:

spacer.png

Technically that list should replace Oro and Necro but its good enough for this. None of the top 8 characters in that game either play the same or open you up in the same way. Hell, not all of them want to be point blank at you to throw you. Of all those characters, only chun has a good kara throw to really play like a semi grappler. Half of Makoto's job is to bully you with frame traps to open up a command throw.

Ken can play like a savage, Yang is playing footsies like Dudley is. Yang and Dudley have different gameplans when they have you cornered it isn't "semi grappler" stuff.

Viscant's point may have been a personal gripe, but holy nuts does it not describe much of 3S.

Anyways, @DoctaMario as I was saying:

Throw is one of the best universal options in ST and SF5; neither of those games have parries as a system. Parries are also carry hella risk. Not only can you bait parry attempts, you can mix up your offense so that parries are less effective. Hell there are situations where parrying stuff puts you at risk.

If people in 3S are semi grappling then ST had a lot of semi grapplers; hell SF5 is semi grappling all over the place too.  Semi-grappling is even more of a thing in SF5 because you can't kill through regular chip kill so after a certain point, if you don't have meter, you have to land a grab or an overhead to win.  That makes throws, and then shimmies by extension, really important.

So....you haven't really elaborated at all how anybody is semi grappling anymore in 3S than other games. If you had no parries, Kara throws would still eat people up. Ryu's regular fireball is still dodgy without parries.  Yun is still gonna shoulder and divekick around projectiles as needed; Dudley can do ducking through them etc.  So what is Ryu gonna do with bad fireball frame data against tools that are already there and have F all to do with parries? You throw one hadouken and Chun is gonna let it rip on a super, take you to the corner and then kara throw you to death...but thank god she didn't parry anything.