Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

Kai was one of the best villains in Vampire Diaries; I was just looking up the classic scene where he showed up out of nowhere (heh, thanks to that useful "invisique" spell) at Alaric and Jo's wedding to ruin everything.  Another layer of the evil here--- Jo is his sister *and* she was pregnant at the time:

he went from simply being an annoying twerp early on in the magic prison to a major top-tier threat.

Does anyone know how to pay for a funeral when the one who died has no life insurance and you don't want to go the GoFundMe route?

My mom has cancer, and the last treatment had side effects that ultimately placed her into the hospital. She's in a very bad state. Though she could recover, I'm realizing that she most likely has no life insurance. Also, of my immediate family, I'm probably the only one with sufficient funds to fund a funeral. It would wreck my savings though. Other members would help, but it'd be a drop in the bucket.

Note that this is all speculation. She could recover to a point where I can have these conversations with her and get things hashed out. She could have insurance I didn't know about. But right now, I'm flying blind and wondering what I'll do if she dies and there was no life insurance.

Edited by axeman61
15 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its hard without talking to her. Do you know what she wants?

No. Don't know anything about what she wants to be done after she passes. Somehow that's never come up in all this.

I can't talk to her right now; she's in and out of a medically induced coma and her throat was affected by the last treatment (main reason she went to the hospital).

Edited by axeman61
1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

Somehow that's never come up in all this.

I knew my mom wanted to be cremated from a convo from decades ago but that was it. She shut me out of anything involving...well anything really. CoVid being what it is, the situation is like what Reticently said, cremation is the cheapest, viewings are unfortunately not feasible at this time due to CoVid, so its going to factor into the overall costs.

Unless she was already paying for the plot and other services, its going to be dependent on what you guys can afford.

Cremate. It's the cheapest option and best for the environment to boot. 

I don't see ground burials lasting another 100 years personally. It's a huge waste of space that could be used for more useful things and burying that many people in a singular location is bad for the ground for many multiple reasons. We are also just flat out running out if space for large swaths of dead people to just chill. Cremate. 

I'm really sorry to hear what your mother is going through Axeman. That's really rough. 2020 has been some bulkshit. I hope she pulls through but you also have my condolences I wish you the best in these hard times man. 

Edited by RSG3
12 hours ago, Angel said:

It amuses me how infatuated ppl are with the shitty and I mean shitty live action version of that character.  

People for real don't like how Negan is portrayed by Jeffrey Dean Morgan? I've never read the comics, so all I know is the show's characterization. But, in my opinion, Negan was the only reason to keep watching the last few seasons. He's my favorite character on that show.

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

That awkward moment when the king of fighters tournament could be funded by something more horrible than geese Howard. 

In an unrelated note.. Possibly. I saw a tweet by Arslan ash saying Pakistan also has a crazy good kof 97 scene. If it's anything like their tekken scene is must be mind blowing. 

28 minutes ago, Maxx said:

That awkward moment when the king of fighters tournament could be funded by something more horrible than geese Howard. 

In an unrelated note.. Possibly. I saw a tweet by Arslan ash saying Pakistan also has a crazy good kof 97 scene. If it's anything like their tekken scene is must be mind blowing. 

it's true they have been around for quite sometime i remember watching some KOF 98 matches years ago

sheeeeitttt, I'm on this MST3k marathon for the long haul, man... it adds another layer to the fun with the live-chat on the side there.  This is SO much gold.

sidenote---my favorite was the Joel era.

ha, also I just happen to have a Tom Servo figure I keep next to the tv... this is perfect.

Edited by MillionX
3 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I think I became spice-intolerant all of a sudden. Is this an acid reflux thing? If I have something with even a little bit of spice in it, it feels way worse than before. I made a Mexican-style beans and rice dish I've made before, but with a milder salsa than last time. I know I didn't put too much Cayenne in it, but every bite brings me closer to the devil.

Maybe 

Spicy foods have capsaicin which leads to food digesting slower and staying in the stomach longer, leading to acid reflux.

13 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You can try leaving them a little bit longer if you want them toastier. Goood either way though.

Lemme know how you like'em.

Wife and I both love them.  Girls split one and liked it, but have since gotten distracted by other goodies.  My son is in a mood to refuse new food, so he doesn't get a vote.

So that's a winner. I added cinnamon, like you mentioned, and a bit more flour because the batter consistency was a little slack (I probably let the puree sit to long while preparing the other foods).  Would probably serve them next time with a little ice cream for contrast.  

38 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Spicy foods have capsaicin which leads to food digesting slower

You sure about that? I've always thought capsicums helped with digestion and sped up metabolism.

Interesting note- after my wife's pregnancy, her tolerance for spicy foods has decreased. I use green chile in just about everything I cook and she's complained about how hot it is now. She used to be able to enjoy really spicy stuff. I hope, for her sake, that she gets it back 😂

46 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Tolerance to hot foods is actually nerve damage/lost of sensitivity, I guess during the pregnacy the baby sent some stem cells to repair any damage in your wife. 

So weirdly enough, during pregnancy women experience an increased sensitivity to smell and taste.  The theory is that it's an evolutionary advantage because it helps protect them from food poisoning which would threaten the pregnancy.

When my wife got pregnant with the twins, the reason she initially got suspicious she was pregnant again was because she could suddenly smell my completely normal, I wear it every day, deodorant from across the house.

4 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

@Mattatsugood to play now?

Oh shit, i owe you games from the weekend 🤣

i’m labbing mk11 now and i think i’m going to play the birthday boy (bornwinner) later tonight. Let me see how that goes. Sorry man, last weekend turned out to be kinda crazy

i’ll reach out to him and see whats going on and will get back to you

Edited by Mattatsu
22 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I wont be playing BornWinner until like 10pm et. Let me play two more ft2 sets in MK amd i’ll get my laptop setup. I should be ready around 8et

I lie in wait then... I'll leave it to you to invite, since I know by now that when you give a time, you usually mean 10 minutes after since you like to lab beforehand... 👀

3 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

I lie in wait then... I'll leave it to you to invite, since I know by now that when you give a time, you usually mean 10 minutes after since you like to lab beforehand... 👀

It’s true lol. I was expecting to done and labbed for 8, but i just sat down to my laptop and updating steam. Maybe 10, maybe 15 more minutes. I won't spend a long time labbing, just want to get a couple of combos in