Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Look, I'd be reluctant to invoke reality too much here.  If you want to say he can do anything you can conceive of the actual electromagnetic force doing, then you can look at the joules necessary to exert that force, convert that number of joules into moles of ATP that would have to be biochemically available in whatever tissue he actually performs his manipulation with (his brain?), and see that for physiological limitations at best he'd be able to magnetically fling metal about as far as he could throw it with his arm.

Exerting enough energy to lift a car would probably kill him.

Or we could look at it in terms of comic book reality, where every power is basically magic because it'll do whatever the author wants it to do in that moment.  And because the author whims are reality there, Magneto has to own his loss to Squirrel Girl so how good could his powers actually be?

True, but I’m actually staying with comic reality where his power basically just gives him infinite energy to utilize.

It mostly depends on the author and tone of the story. He can vary wildly from nigh omnipotent to magnet man. Usually based on how seriously the author wants to take control over a fundamental force.

And magnet man is always who I kill first in MegaMan 3, so that’s pretty weak.

But yeah, comic powers are wildly inconsistent basically at all times.

Edited by FlyingVe

So there was a fan reveal for Studio Series Transformers today.

That line is for Michael Bay movie formers , but surprisingly these will be based on the 1986 animated film and 1 or 2 ER figures.

Runabout (ER) Target Exclusive IIRC

Earthrise-Runabout-07.jpeg

Earthrise-Runabout-05.jpeg

Thrust (Target Exclusive)

Earthrise-Thrust-01.jpeg

Earthrise-Thrust-04.jpeg

Studio Series 86 figures

Hot Rod 

Studio-Series-86-Hot-Rod-04.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Hot-Rod-03.jpg

Jazz

Studio-Series-86-Jazz-02.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Jazz-04.jpg

Kup

Studio-Series-86-Kup-02.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Kup-04.jpg

Blurr

Studio-Series-86-Blurr-03.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Blurr-02.jpg

Grimlock    (with nontransforming Wheelie)

Studio-Series-86-Grimlock-01.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Grimlock-02.jpg

Scourge

Studio-Series-86-Scourge-08.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Scourge-02.jpg

My thoughts: AcceptableWhimsicalBullmastiff.webp

26 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

True, but I’m actually staying with comic reality where his power basically just gives him infinite energy to utilize.

It mostly depends on the author and tone of the story. He can vary wildly from nigh omnipotent to magnet man. Usually based on how seriously the author wants to take control over a fundamental force.

And magnet man is always who I kill first in MegaMan 3, so that’s pretty weak.

But yeah, comic powers are wildly inconsistent basically at all times.

And he still lost to Squirrel Girl lol. 

On 10/15/2020 at 11:39 AM, Sonero said:

wife throat all sore and sneezy, my throat on fire amd have the runniest phlegm ever.

Maybe what you 2 need is some nice hemp CBD cigarettes from Puerto Rico. The first 2 are free 😎

https://puertoricosfinest.com/25115525167/checkouts/5c226e8b454a61b8c1744fc9323c617d?locale=en&skip_shopify_pay=true

https://puertoricosfinest.com/

31 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

So there was a fan reveal for Studio Series Transformers today.

That line is for Michael Bay movie formers , but surprisingly these will be based on the 1986 animated film and 1 or 2 ER figures.

Runabout (ER) Target Exclusive IIRC

Earthrise-Runabout-07.jpeg

Earthrise-Runabout-05.jpeg

Thrust (Target Exclusive)

Earthrise-Thrust-01.jpeg

Earthrise-Thrust-04.jpeg

Studio Series 86 figures

Hot Rod 

Studio-Series-86-Hot-Rod-04.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Hot-Rod-03.jpg

Jazz

Studio-Series-86-Jazz-02.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Jazz-04.jpg

Kup

Studio-Series-86-Kup-02.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Kup-04.jpg

Blurr

Studio-Series-86-Blurr-03.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Blurr-02.jpg

Grimlock    (with nontransforming Wheelie)

Studio-Series-86-Grimlock-01.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Grimlock-02.jpg

Scourge

Studio-Series-86-Scourge-08.jpg

Studio-Series-86-Scourge-02.jpg

My thoughts: AcceptableWhimsicalBullmastiff.webp

Jazz and Grimlock were my first 2 TF toys... I think I must have them.

20 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

The visor is a gimmick that can be stored in the helmet and deployed at will to homage the scene on the mountaintop when he spots the Decepticons in the ark beginning their assault

40 seconds in

Ah yes, I wasn’t thinking about that moment. I just remembered him with blue eyes.

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I cant ever seem to get gifs to be added to a post through the insert image button. Weird. Anyway thanks Odin. You dont get a thumbs up gif today unfortunately. 

What images are you trying to add?

You need to use the URL of the actual image.  A lot of sites give you a link to a page with the image on it, not the actual picture file itself.  You need the actual image path.  The URL should end with .jpg/.gif/etc.

13 minutes ago, OrochiJ said:

Oh  shit never thought about it that way... like technically you'll never be back at your own reality. Kind of like Rick and Morty but you're not really in control.

Yeah that is sort of it for me you go back and forth shit is already changed matter what

So marty's reallity with the pick up truck that version of marty is now non existing 

hah, yeah I forgot Tab was still being sold.  It's been years since I've noticed it...then again it's not often I go to the soda section lately in a store.

The one I preferred as a kid was Fresca... that and 7up or Sprite were the best sodas to me.  (The big 2-- Coke and Pepsi.. I'd really just  drink those if there was no other choice...they are just "alright" to me...I wouldn't go out of my way for them.)

I've always preferred tea and fruit juices/drinks though.  ..and currently, the vanilla chai is my absolute #1 thing.  It's so good you'd think there's no way this was made with flawed human hands...like it must be from the efforts of actual gods and other magical beings.  I stopped dealing with the small bottles...at this point I'm regularly buying 2 or 3 of the big containers of that stuff anytime I'm in the store.  Words can't even do it justice, folks.  

sheeeitttt... free commercial plug for them:

https://www.bolthouse.com/product/vanilla-chai/

^rigoddamndiculous how good this shit is

Edited by MillionX
9 minutes ago, MillionX said:

hah, yeah I forgot Tab was still being sold.  It's been years since I've noticed it...then again it's not often I go to the soda section lately in a store.

The one I preferred as a kid was Fresca... that and 7up or Sprite were the best sodas to me.  (The big 2-- Coke and Pepsi.. I'd really just  drink those if there was no other choice...they are just "alright" to me...I wouldn't go out of my way for them.)

I've always preferred tea and fruit juices/drinks though.  ..and currently, the vanilla chai is my absolute #1 thing.  It's so good you'd think there's no way this was made with flawed human hands...like it must be from the efforts of actual gods and other magical beings.  I stopped dealing with the small bottles...at this point I'm regularly buying 2 or 3 of the big containers of that stuff anytime I'm in the store.  Words can't even do it justice, folks.  

Yea man, really good authentic chai is the best.

We got a few local stores called Remedy, started by a Pakistani (so its authentic) and man do I love their hot chais.

Got a few choices too

Chai - $5.00
Kashmiri Chai - $5.00
Ginger Chai - $5.00
Matcha Chai - $5.00
Vanilla Rooibos Chai - $5.00
Dirty Chai - $7.00

You would probably love the vanilla rooibos, super sweet and delicious.

25 minutes ago, misterBee said:

What images are you trying to add?

You need to use the URL of the actual image.  A lot of sites give you a link to a page with the image on it, not the actual picture file itself.  You need the actual image path.  The URL should end with .jpg/.gif/etc.

Yea was some image website. I think it said .gif at the end but i dont remember. I'll pay more attention next time. 

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Probably cause they’re all avatars I’ve used before on *REDACTED*. So youre just naturally associating my awesome avatars with my awesome Stuart-ness. 

Why does Jubilee have a dragon.

Is she still a vampire?

Marvel sucks since they got rid of Old Wolverine and put the original X-Men back into the past. Also Avengers with Ms. Marvel / Miles looks like it lasted all of 10 minutes. Haven't kept up. 😫

1 minute ago, misterBee said:

Is she still a vampire?

Marvel sucks since they got rid of Old Wolverine and put the original X-Men back into the past. Also Avengers with Ms. Marvel / Miles looks like it lasted all of 10 minutes. Haven't kept up. 😫

We make fun of TV shows always jumping the shark and most of them are on for a decade at the most.

Aside from a few (South Park, Always Sunny)... But imagine finding new ideas for comics that have been around for 60 years lol

5 minutes ago, odin said:

We make fun of TV shows always jumping the shark and most of them are on for a decade at the most.

Aside from a few (South Park, Always Sunny)... But imagine finding new ideas for comics that have been around for 60 years lol

Superhero comic fans are old and resistant to change.

Every time they do something hype that shit gets rolled back within a year and returns to the status quo.  Then they wonder why they never get new readers...I got so disillusioned by it.

Only in western comics do they somehow reboot the timeline for an entire universe and yet inexplicably still have lore/backstory from the old universe left over.  Then they revert it all anyway later on.  I'm looking at you, DC...

10 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Is she still a vampire?

Jubilee and her son Shogo are currently in Avalon helping Captain Britain (Betsy Bardock) and Apocalypse (not a typo), due to her son’s wild imagination he turns into a dragon while there. The art style is so weird is because Captain Britain is projecting to herself what Shogo is thinking/feeling. 

She is no longer a vampire. Hasn’t been for a while. I think shortly after Avengers vs. X-Men. She was cured of her vampirism by the Phoenix force 

Ms. Marvel and Miles are in The Champions which is a basically a marvel version of Teen Titans but on a much smaller scale. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, odin said:

That's actually pretty sweet. 

I think that’s how it is I think? I haven’t read that issue of Excalibur in a while. I’m reading all the X-Titles by trades which organizes all the X-Titles by the universal continuity. So sometimes it’s hard to remember. 

the current Excalibur team though is

Betsy

Apocalypse

Gambit

Rogue

Rictor

Jubilee (w/Shogo)

Edited by iStu X
17 minutes ago, misterBee said:

Superhero comic fans are old and resistant to change.

Every time they do something hype that shit gets rolled back within a year and returns to the status quo.  Then they wonder why they never get new readers...I got so disillusioned by it.

Only in western comics do they somehow reboot the timeline for an entire universe and yet inexplicably still have lore/backstory from the old universe left over.  Then they revert it all anyway later on.  I'm looking at you, DC...

This is why I’ve never been able to truly get into comics until about 6 years ago. When I worked at a comic book store/hobby shop for the 3 years I did learned a shit ton about other companies, smaller series runs, etc that got me back into comics. 

the current X-Men run is the first time I’ve really been interested in marvel again since OG Civil War (outside of cool one shots and very limited runs by marvel) 

and I’ve tried to give a shit about DC but all the stuff from them I like is from their Vertigo imprint. Which no longer exists/was partially absorbed into DC Black 

Edited by iStu X
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Anybody here uses MAC os?  Family member touched some key on his desktop, and now everything looks smaller, like zoomed out. And not just the font size. Tabs on firefox look smaller, too. Anybody knows how to reset this?

It's been a few years since I used MacOS but this should help:

https://www.howtogeek.com/305776/how-to-make-text-and-other-items-bigger-or-smaller-on-your-macs-retina-display/#:~:text=How to Adjust Your Mac’s Display Scaling To,choices%2C depending on the size of your screen.