Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

...still watching the G4 Reunion special here...  with that hairstyle, Pereira looks like he could be a live-action "Handsome Jack" from Borderlands 2 now.  

...y'know, that was truly one of the greatest video game villains of the past few console gens, man.  B2 in general was a high-point of that era... a shame the series started going downhill after that.  The gameplay of part 3 is great (the best, imo), and the visuals are there, but everything else was a step down, at least in my opinion.  I'm doubting they'll ever add extra characters; it's over a year since release now.... dlc has happened...but no new playable characters. 

I was checking another episode of Vampire Diaries again, from season 8.  I wonder what they could've done in further seasons sometimes since this one brought the concept of sirens and a devil into the mix.  Naturally, "Cade" (aka "Arcadeus") was for sure amongst the top tier in terms of power.  It's a different concept though... not the usual biblical version of a "fallen angel" we'd expect:

https://vampirediaries.fandom.com/wiki/Arcadius#:~:text=Arcadius%2C better known as Cade%2C was a recurring,known as the Devil and creator of Hell.

This final season also had both Salvatore brothers being villains for quite a while; it was great.  Stefan is definitely far more dangerous and evil when he "flips the switch" and goes Ripper mode.

Ohhhh yeah.  I always get a large pizza... of course I could actually get away with that as a kid and even young adult with a fast metabolism.  Now I do tend to split it up though... about half or so on day 1, then I finish the last couple of slices the next day....not just to avoid the temptation of "pigging out" big time but to also make that greatness last for 2 days....ha, or at least 1.5 I guess... leftovers are usually gone at lunch the following day.  Hahaha there is no such thing as a pizza that survives beyond "day 2" in my presence.

edit--the things helping me maintain at this point though are some good ol' fashioned exercise and the occasional fasting....like right now I'm about to hit the 16-hour mark since I last ate.

Edited by MillionX

That Jake Paul and Nate Rob fight was the boxing equivalent of a football game in which most of it is 3 and outs and punting on 4th and 1, until one team caught a lucky break with a hail Mary pass for a touchdown on the final play.

@SoneroYeah Roy Jones showed his age, but Tyson showed why he's called Iron Mike. Forget Jordan. That's the Mike I wanna be like.

Edited by BB_Hoody
8 minutes ago, BB_Hoody said:

That Jake Paul and Nate Rob fight was the boxing equivalent of a football game in which most of it is 3 and outs and punting on 4th and 1, until one team caught a lucky break with a hail Mary pass for a touchdown on the final play.

You are being too kind to Nate. I wonder if he trained at all seeing how he came at Paul like a street nigga. No defense and all rushdown. You can see Paul was toying with him before he hit the winning punch. I feel bad for his NBA fam. 

aha, Screen Rant did a ranking of most powerful and most useless characters from the Vampire/Originals world I see...

https://screenrant.com/vampire-diaries-characters-powerful-useless/#:~:text=The Vampire Diaries%3A 20 Characters That Are Powerful,MIKAELSON. 5 26 POWERFUL%3A DAMON SALVATORE. More items

It seems fairly close to how I'd rank them, though I would have the Mikaelson family a bit higher on the list... but yeah, as expected, Niklaus, Arcadius and The Hollow are the top-ranks....

this reminds me; I haven't given much thought to Hollow vs. Arcadius... not even sure who would eventually win if those 2 were to do battle.  I guess Arcadius wins if he could pull "Hollow" into the Hell dimension, since he would be infinitely powerful over there.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

You are being too kind to Nate. I wonder if he trained at all seeing how he came at Paul like a street nigga. No defense and all rushdown. You can see Paul was toying with him before he hit the winning punch. I feel bad for his NBA fam. 

Now that you mentioned that. I had watched a vid about the "downfall" of Jake Paul. And in it. It mentions that he has a military dad. Who in his childhood and teen years. Pushed him into competive sports and wrestling.

I'm assuming his dad must've also taught him some military combat tech. So Jake Paul aint no bitch. The goofy everyday bro persona had us underestimating him.

Just now, BB_Hoody said:

Now that you mentioned that. I had watched a vid about the "downfall" of Jake Paul. And in it. It mentions that he has a military dad. Who in his childhood and teen years. Pushed him into competive sports and wrestling.

I'm assuming his dad must've also taught him some military combat tech. So Jake Paul aint no bitch. The goofy everyday bro persona had us underestimating him.

Jake is a trained boxer but he's never fought any real competition yet. The guy isn't on pro level so it should have been reasonable for Nate to take him. This probably what his life gonna be for the next couple of months

I got on facebook this morning specifically to see meme gold concerning the fights, and so far it has delivered.... surprisingly I haven't seen this popped up just yet:

Animated GIF

*such a downer that this holiday weekend comes to a close now.. these 4 days have been glorious time off, doing absolutely nothing but whatever I want, whenever I want.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Saw a few clips of it. Tyson still looks like he can go.

Wtf?

Tyson is still one of the GOATs and I have a lot of respect for him not just as a fighter, but as a man, because given how he grew up, it's a miracle he's even alive right now, and he's turned himself around a great deal, and that's arguably a tougher challenge than any opponent he ever faced. If he hasn't written a book by now, he should, I bet he has some super interesting stories.

6 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

So ya mean to tell me people actually out here eating entire pizza pies by themselves??? I know we Americans are said to have the biggest asses in the world but damn.

Bruh, I've been eating  a whole pizza just about every Sunday, while I watch football at the sports bar, every week since my diet started. Still lost 28lbs so far 👀 Granted It's the only time I eat out now. Instead of everyday, so I still prove your point 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I can eat a whole ass pizza still....but I never feel good about it when I do. 

Yeah, when  I was college I literally ate two pizzas a day. I'd order one for a medium chicken pizza from Pizza Hut for lunch and an extra large pepperoni & sausage for Papa John's for dinner. Shit didn't brother me at all. I can still eat a large/x-large by myself now. But I feel like shit, so I stopped doing that.  It took me a literal decade to stop eating with my eyes instead of my stomach.

I had fast metabolism when I was younger. Especially in my teens. I was trying to get to 200lbs for football in HS and that shit was not happening. I'd got 197lbs. Two a days started and I was 189lbs when the season started. I don't know how my mom fed me in high school. I'd burn through 3 Tombstone Pizzas, a whole (large) bag of Doritos, and whole pack of cookies in day. And still be hungry. I swear from 11 to 17 it wasn't when I was hungry but when wasn't I hungry.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
12 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah, I'm still eating like a Tasmanian Devil, but never had the metabolism for it. I really need to start losing weight. My gaming/computer chair started leaning forward on me, like it's literally trying to push me out of it.

Man if I ate like I do know but I was 17 again. I'd probably be in the hospital for malnutrition. I probably eat as much in 4 or 5 days as I ate in a day a teenager. Hell if it was summer vacation, the ratio was would probably be a week to a day. My mom used to joke that she thought I had a tape worm. 

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I can eat a whole ass pizza still....but I never feel good about it when I do. 

I don't have pizza too often these days but sometimes if I'm staying late at the studio I'll order one of those small Jets pizzas that's only like 6 slices and it takes everything in my power not to eat the whole thing in one sitting. Usually I succeed but once in awhile I give in.... And usually wind up with the shits for my trouble. 😂 

Question for anyone familiar with ACER Chromebook or laptops...

Has anyone ever had trouble with them not charging or charging intermittently?

The computer will be plugged most of the time but when my dad wants to use it it doesn't power on.

I bought my dad one about 5 years ago since he doesn't need a lot of stuff. Just access to Gmail, bank of america , and youtube. Many times I have to either disconnect and reconnect or close the lid and reopen it to get it to come on.

The charging cord and port is one of the most loose and smallest I've ever seen. For comparison,my asus laptop plugs in and is secure. Is acer just using cheap power supply on chromebook or all their pcs?

back on Vampire Diaries season 8...

..yet again, it amuses me that we're shown some characters that *don't* want to be a vampire for whatever silly ass reason.  Oh boo hoo I get to be immortal with cool supernatural powers like superhuman agility and speed, strength, senses, mind control and dream manipulation, incredible supernaturally enhanced healing factor (it's nearly on par with Wolverine), no worries for sickness (aside from a werewolf bite but there's solutions for that too)....oh no, oh woe is me what a terrible fate, right?  haha bitch please.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

The one silly girl that got turned and was all crying about it... fortunately she got killed off anyway.  

Then we got this Enzo wanting to take the "cure" to live out a mortal life with his main-squeeze Bonnie.  Yeah she's hot and an incredible catch, sure... but no way I'm giving up all that power for that.  At least his reasoning is somewhat understandable though (*people in that frame of mind are probably fearing the day their spouse grows old and dies...as an immortal you have the 1 downside of always being around to see your loved ones pass on at some point, while you are still here.... I get that line of thinking...but I still think it's worth it.  The benefits far outweigh the negatives.)

Klaus actually had my response to the idea; he'd laugh at his sister Rebecca for wanting the cure...his lines were something like:

"...what, and give up being one of the most powerful things on this planet?🤣

Edited by MillionX