Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

While I'm on this topic, another show people MIGHT want to get into is The Shield. It's about a corrupt anti-gang unit in a fictional LA district called Farmington.

I say MIGHT because even as a fan, I didn't like seasons 4 and 6, and a fair bit of stuff has aged poorly within it (it ran from 2002-2008). It's still a great watch though.

Edited by axeman61

my main thing on FX for a long time was the show Nip/Tuck.  I'm one of the few people that enjoyed the later seasons though.... to me it just kept getting better.  This was the show that first showed me the lovely Anna Lynne McCord... FINE ass little white meat there...she would later be a major character on the CW 90210 remake.  The woman that played "Kimber" was pretty hot too; like a new-era Marilyn Monroe but even better-looking, imo.  Besides all the eye-candy, I actually did enjoy the show just on its own merits though.

...and it just hit me--this is another one of the rare times where I loved a show that did not have anything supernatural going on.  Of course "24" is the other major non-supernatural one for me, with our Lord and Savior Jack Bauer....forever a legendary badass tv character.  I actually had a dream where I was Bauer one time, and it played out just like a scene from the show (with another CTU partner, running through a crowded downtown area, chasing down a known terrorist, intending to use "advanced interrogation" tactics on him to get info on the larger plot; we eventually caught him but he swallowed a suicide pill before we could get anything out of him).....shit was awesome.

24 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Swap me and my wife, and change "another game" for "bullshit sims 4 DLC" and this is the story of my life

So I take it your Wife a big fan of Sims 4? 
I know for a while my Mom used to be big into Popcap games, last PC game she bough was Plants vs Zombies, she also bough her self Zuma and a few others.

She also owns a Wii, but doesn't play it any more.  I actually get mad at her for spending money on Microtransactions with BS games on her iPhone. 

My father on the other hand happy with Solitaire, Chess, Mahjongg, and he was pissed how Microsoft uninstalled games when he upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. 
(I did manage to get his win7 games back for him). As the new Win 10 games now has Ads. 

13 minutes ago, Reticently said:

IDK man, I think you need one of those new age-y or thelamite chicks who will be into your whole thing.

Yeah, pretty much, but she will still be a Yin to a Yang. I'm so out there. What's a thelamite? Nevermind, I might get banned again. There are actually a lot of spiritual girls here from all types of beliefs and a lot of them seem to be pretty awesome and good looking.  Okay, I'm done. Angel is probably going to delete this now. 

Edited by Thoth369
4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

For as weird as BTier seems on the surface, he isnt really into occult stuff. Crowley stuff would not be his jam at all. Mans is into the positivy and hopefully healthy aspects of spirituality.

My understanding is that thelamites aren't really all that negative either. I don't know if they're just selective about what Crowley stuff tracks with them, or it's one of those you-get-what-you-put-into-it things.

I do know their jam is believing they can manifest their will in reality, which seems right up his alley.

7 hours ago, axeman61 said:

While I'm on this topic, another show people MIGHT want to get into is The Shield. It's about a corrupt anti-gang unit in a fictional LA district called Farmington.

I say MIGHT because even as a fan, I didn't like seasons 4 and 6, and a fair bit of stuff has aged poorly within it (it ran from 2002-2008). It's still a great watch though.

Shut up and jack off

4 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Plus the amount of influence that Crowley has on modern Satanism, I don't think our resident "good vibes, love god" friend would be on board. 

devil satan GIF

Speaking of black magick and Aleister Crowley, 37 years ago today Slayer released their first album SHOW NO MERCY. It had a raw sound mixing the elements of Mercyful Fate and Judast Priest but adding their own evil sound making then legends @Abbachio@Sonero@M A R T I A N

Cast
Under his spell
Blinding my eyes
Twisting my mind
Fight to resist the evil inside
Captive of a force of Satan's might
A force of Satan's might

🤘😈🤘

Staying in our  houses and surfing srk/streaming/fapping?

Living that Axeman life for the last 8 months and  next 5 months sucks but itll increase the probability of not getting COVID.

Tell that to the folks who are carrying on as usual or attending multiple holiday get togethers without precautions....

Each day will be a 9/11 until winter ends.

Edited by DangerousJ

So yesterday I picked up some statues and other goodies from a local gaming store I had store credit for. 

Hopefully the amount of pics won’t tear the page or make it a hassle to scroll through. If it’s excessive feel free to spoil tag it mods. 

got the Diamond skin variant of Emma Frost 

(The regular skinned version is no longer in print. So it’s hard to find) 

6292F2F7-DA85-4630-ADA2-7E69C6D45C63.thumb.jpeg.7f047ee4623a785b4bfa7d51710ae013.jpeg70C6951B-ED6F-4AD9-91C0-1FD25071E8C6.thumb.jpeg.3080817cd4628030377066595073fc72.jpeg

it’s actually fairly tall (it towers over my kotobukiya jubilee), pretty hefty and simplistic in design but detailed well enough. The Diamond Gallery line of statues is a great intro statue run due to how inexpensive they are ($45-70. I paid $50 for Emma)

I also got everyone’s favorite blue bomber. 
E0E5652B-ECEB-4173-B780-FB3C32083851.thumb.jpeg.8ab9e0e09563b06d9d4357c40f42e890.jpeg

I really like this figure. But it looks like he’s just staring a hole into his land like “I wish a mother fucker would” 

non-statue/figure related I got some plushies too because I’m a sucker for cute plushies. (Really just cute things)
93C142B2-E509-4C15-A4EA-10CD5A267AA5.thumb.jpeg.1d15d06c48cc3768db9aa87beb5ae6ac.jpeg

Pretty sure every knows these but left is a very dumb and stupid adorable snorlax plush. He might join my other snorlax plush that’s chilling in my ramen bowl on my tv stand. 

the other is Arcade Employee Sakura. Which is wonderful. Sakura is my favorite female SF character and I think her arcade employee outfit is wonderful. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Thoth369 said:

I go outside all the time in crowded places and I have not gotten sick. I will likely not get it and I will likely not die from it if I do get it since I have a strong immune system. 

Have you been tested for Covid?

Edit: On the subject of inverting controls, for me anyway, its simply a matter of what you are used to. Back when the PS2 and XBox where first putting out FPS games using the twin sticks almost all FPS games came out as Inverted or with inversion set as the default. Deus Ex (which is a fascinating port and I'll have to talk about it some day) got a PS2 port in 2001 and its completely locked to inversion. Has 4 controller set ups to choose from and not a single one has an uninverted stick.  Its just what everyone was used to. Then there was a shift to uninverting them as the standard, with the ability to switch in the options menu but i think a lot of people dont change their controls, they just rock the default (I do for most game i play) and got used to again the uninverted set up.

So now you have two groups of people who grew up on two types of stick movements as the default or standard.

Anyway for me Inversion is required in a flying game because thats how planes work, for everything else it can go either way, I can adjust to both stick styles. With that said if there is the option to un-invert them in the options menu I will do it because Im just used to playing FPS games these days where pushing up looks up, down looks down, people aren't airplanes. We look down to look down, we look up to look up. It makes kinesthetic sense to me. Same with planes. Planes should be down for up and up for down because thats how planes work. It makes kinesthetic sense.

End of the day, controls should be fully customizable to the controls. I should even be able to swap the D-Pad and Face Buttons if i want to. Swap left and right stick if that is better for you. Its so easy for the developer to do, and there is no reason not to do it. So just do it. Fully mappable controls like anyone on PC can do to their keyboard. There is just 0 reason for it to not be an option.

From a science perspective I have little to comment because ive only browsed the article and i dont know much about the science of it at all. Just my own 25+ years of experience gaming from when sticks became a standard feature.

Edited by RSG3
6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Alright I gotta air this out:

Season 2 of The Wire is not bad. As a matter of fact, its great in what it does for the overall narrative of the show. Haters gonna get schooled.

People who hate on season 2 of the wire, are typically plebs that only watched for the drug dealing, gang banging, hood parts. 

36 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

With that said if there is the option to un-invert them in the options menu I will do it because Im just used to playing FPS games these days where pushing up looks up, down looks down, people aren't airplanes. We look down to look down, we look up to look up. It makes kinesthetic sense to me.

I can't play without the vertical controls inverted. For me it's like my thumb stick is attached to the back of my head so pulling down makes me look up and pushing up makes me look down. Does that make me a fucking weirdo? 😂

17 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I can't play without the vertical controls inverted. For me it's like my thumb stick is attached to the back of my head so pulling down makes me look up and pushing up makes me look down. Does that make me a fucking weirdo? 😂

No. Its just what you are used to. I personally dont have any kind of mental connection to my stick like that. Like...I guess a way to put it is when I play games Im role playing the character, so its not MY head that is moving, its THIER head moving and I am playing them so i control the head movements, but its still not my head moving. The controller is disconnected from my body in that regard. Like...My digital body is all fingers and thumbs. Thats it. So its more about what "reality" is to me. I look up to look up, so in a digital world to look up is simply looking up. If i had a VR head set up I would just look up.  Im not thinking about the stick or the buttons, in fact if the game is doing its job correctly im probably not thinking about the controller at all. I think thats why with a bit of time I am able to switch between the two. Like an hour or two of playing can adjust me to either stick style because in the end once i get comfortable the controller is no longer something i am thinking about. Im "in" the game world at that point.

If that makes any fucking sense at all.

Edit: It just hit me as another angle to look at this from, and is one i cant really logic away for myself like i can a head or an airplane. In TPS games where i control the camera around my character, I prefer inversion, Like forward moves the camera up to look down upon the world and backward looks to the sky. I have no "Kinesthetic" style argument for this preference, but it is deffinitly a preference I have for camera control in this kind of game.

With that said i hate when left moves the cam right and right moves it left. Left is left and right is right, but up for down and down for up makes perfect. I dunno why!!! lol

Double Edit: Maybe its because the camera floats so my mind just mentally registers it as flying, hence the preference for Inversion. Hmmm 🤔

Edited by RSG3