Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 2.0

4 hours ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Except when companions were so game-breaking that they did actually "patch" them.

Also some creature types were "patched" to count as dogs, don't remember the specifics.

This is called an "errata".

I'm going to shoot for Legend on Hearthstone this month, I'll have two weeks off for Christmas break so I'll have the  time.

Legends of Runeterra stole my heart. 

My decks in the Pokemon TCG Online make people wish I was dead.

LMAO I remember some scrubby guides over at GameFAQs regarding MvC 2....

Especially this one involving Shuma:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/dreamcast/914427-marvel-vs-capcom-2/faqs/7713

If you don't wanna go through it, here is the excerpt I wanna quote:

"Sentinel- Is this a joke? He can barely move. Just don't get hit by any of his overly telegraphed moves and you'll be fine."

Like what? LOL

45 minutes ago, Lantis said:

If you don't wanna go through it, here is the excerpt I wanna quote:

"Sentinel- Is this a joke? He can barely move. Just don't get hit by any of his overly telegraphed moves and you'll be fine."

Like what? LOL

"Juggles has probably the best assist in the game with Juggernaut Punch"

You sir, have found a GOLD MINE of knowledge rofl

I just make stuff up when I play fighting games. I just go with the flow. Flow state is also called Mushin in Japanese and Ultra Instinct in Dragon Ball Super. To me Mastered Mushin is acting in perfect synchronicity of space and time. I don't really know what I am doing, but I do in the same time. There are certain things that I do that seem to work so I keep on doing them until they don't. I usually don't do combos. I throw a lot. I tend to hit people at the right time and place. I have somewhat of a plan when I play, but it is not clear. I often win and I often lose. All levels of difficulty from different players would challenge me. I remember this South Korean guy would often challenge me and each time I would lose. The best I could do is beat him in one round. His level was Grand Master in USFIV. He was a Ken player. I have a feeling that South Koreans like playing as Ken. I probably met this guy in real life since I used to go to Arcade Infinity and Super Arcade a lot. 

Edited by Thoth369

haha, I still remember that dude from a Gamefaqs board that swore up and down that he "easily" beat Very Hard All-Star mode on Melee.... with Pichu (a pathetic little shit of a character with NO range and damages himself with what, HALF his moveset?)... and got a NO DAMAGE CLEAR.  The aroma of BS was SO strong on that, I'll never forget it, man.

The Office Lol GIF

On another note---I'm back watching another episode of Van Hesing.... did a quick search just now online... good thing I don't care *too* much about the plot of this...I spotted a video on youtube where the thumbnail itself is quite a spoiler for someone that got turned....fair enough, it's an old show at this point.

...anyway, I kept comparing the vamps here to the ones in The Strain, trying to figure which ones are worse... I'm still in season 1 on this, but at at least so far--- Van Helsing's vampires are slightly worse.... though it's interesting that sunlight doesn't seem to affect them, so that might be the only advantage they have over the ones from The Strain.  The "strigoi" from Strain at least have the elongated tongue that shoots out (reminds me of the "Licker" enemy from Resident Evil)....enabling them to feed from a distance...so they don't even have to be in that "grab" range to get ya.  Also, "Master" has control over them that he can enact at any time, apparently.  In a grand battle, "strigoi" would most likely make quick work of these chumps from Van Helsing.

The worst of all time though --that honor goes to the recent french show on netflix simply called "Vampires"....here's exactly how lame these sorry ass fools are:

1. They aren't even immortal!
  2. They don't have supernatural healing.
  3. They don't have superhuman strength, speed or reflexes.
  4. They don't have mind control.
  5. Obviously none of the more outlandish abilities either, like transformation, becoming invisible, flying, etc.

^Ridiculous.

that brings back memories--- Prowl was actually my first Transformer toy way back then... after that it was probably Ironhide, then Optimus Prime.  This franchise would go on to become my #1 when I was a kid... I had a ton of them.

*slight correction on Van Helsing--- sunlight does burn them, actually.  I forgot that something (pollution?) is blocking out a significant portion of the sun, which is probably why the vampire situation got way out of control and brought human civilization to ruin.  Basically, it's a bleak, "Walking Dead" kinda world.  There was also a surprisingly emotional scene in episode 11 that I just watched, as it's finally revealed which person in the group is a serial killer.... they did a bad job of hiding it though; I figured who it was right from the beginning of that subplot.

He's gonna end up like Nate, especially if Mayweather takes the fight seriously; and doesn't take it as a gigantic fucking payday. 

On a lighter note, the wife finally said yes to a combined Italy/Japan trip. Looking at that for 2022 right now if everything goes back to "normal", and I seriously cannot fucking wait on going to Japan. Two weeks of getting up every day and going to sleep every night like ...

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Where did I call Inoki a bum?

I quoted you, you said:

7 hours ago, Sonero said:

Ali went deeper than Floyd fighting a bum

Then posted a video about his fight with Inoki... 

I'm probably misunderstanding what you were trying to say. It's Monday and I'm still finishing my coffee, I thought you were saying that Ali made a bigger scene fighting a bum than Floyd. 

1 minute ago, Sonero said:

Floyd is the one fighting the bum.

Ali went full crazy and agreed to a wrestling match.

Agreed. My bad, Inoki is a lot of things, but a bum? Na, he's pretty legit. 

It was a horrible move for Ali. It fucked up his legs for the rest of his life is a rumor I've heard. 

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

My guy. Don't do this. It's pedophilia and illegal here. 

No, I rather you guys didnt start yapping out of your butts on anything. I dont think the relationship is in any way appropriate, but it isnt pedophilia. 

You could literally google the term and inform yourself but this is goofy virtue signaling.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pedophilia

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Legally you are a child until you turn 18 years of age. 

Legally is dependent on the situation. Age of consent is 16. For some crimes 16 is old enough to be tried as an adult. You can enlist in the army at 18 but you cant drink or smoke til 21.

Even then some states have exceptions to that with Romeo and Juliet laws (which is to deal with situations where an 18 year old is in a relationship with a 14/15 year old).

That 25 year old is gross AF but he isn't a pedophile.

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

No, I rather you guys didnt start yapping out of your butts on anything. I dont think the relationship is in any way appropriate, but it isnt pedophilia. 

You could literally google the term and inform yourself but this is goofy virtue signaling.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pedophilia

Legally is dependent on the situation. Age of consent is 16. For some crimes 16 is old enough to be tried as an adult. You can enlist in the army at 18 but you cant drink or smoke til 21.

Even then some states have exceptions to that with Romeo and Juliet laws (which is to deal with situations where an 18 year old is in a relationship with a 14/15 year old).

That 25 year old is gross AF but he isn't a pedophile.

You take this to court you are getting charged with statutory rape. You are getting pedophilia charges thrown at you.  No this isn't fucking virtue signaling. 

32 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Singer from the band trapt is on Twitter defending pedophilia. This is fuckin wild

So they will only perform in europe then

I got banned from a wrestling website by saying that a poster's obsession with the underage joshis was disturbing. He then admitted that he was ONLY attracted to underage 13 year olds and i was the bigot for not understanding his feelings 

I was then banned

The term pedo might not technically apply. But the term child sex predator does. So...

Edited by DrLariat
50 minutes ago, Maxx said:

You take this to court you are getting charged with statutory rape. You are getting pedophilia charges thrown at you.  No this isn't fucking virtue signaling. 

It is. Pedophilia isnt a criminal charge. Statutory Rape only comes into play if they have sex. Its f-ing gross, but a 25 year old can date a 15 year old until AoC hits and call it a day. And I know that because it happened to a niece of mine.

But the mofo trying to pick up a high schooler isnt the same one getting on airplanes to the brown Asian countries to get his rocks off. It also isnt the same set of beasts that Facebook and Youtube let rock for years; one group posting gross ass stuff as comments to the videos little girls upload playing around with webcams or in FB with the "boy appreciator" groups they refuse to take down.

So nah, they arent the same beast. I have a very pretty daughter. I also live in a citu where its easy to drive 10 hours any which way and disappear a person. The Dazed and Confused bum is infinitely less dangerous than the real pedophiles. So I'd appreciate if people didnt lump it all together because some words need to keep their seriousness.