Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

On 2/28/2018 at 11:25 PM, Crucades said:

So cant upload pics... also fuck HnI and fuck McRibs.

I might enable image uploading later, but it depends on how busy this place gets. All those images add up over time and since I'm paying out of pocket with no plans for ads, I'd like to keep server costs manageable.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, misterBee said:

Wait. You mean you'll eat the fish if it's fried in Long John Silvers batter? Or are you saying you only eat the batter...?

😧

Actually the batter chips by themselves.... HNNNNNNG.

And another thought I had about food.

Why is it that if you go to something fighting gaming related, everyone is only eating Asian food? I have my thoughts, but a million locations around a venue, and yet everyone seems to have takeout from China Buffet, Asian Buffet, Hong Kong Buffet, or Japan Buffet, whichever region they decide to name said generic Asian food after...

*Seinfeld* What's the deal with that!?!

On 3/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, FMABBisGod said:

Actually the batter chips by themselves.... HNNNNNNG.

And another thought I had about food.

Why is it that if you go to something fighting gaming related, everyone is only eating Asian food? I have my thoughts, but a million locations around a venue, and yet everyone seems to have takeout from China Buffet, Asian Buffet, Hong Kong Buffet, or Japan Buffet, whichever region they decide to name said generic Asian food after...

*Seinfeld* What's the deal with that!?!

'Cause hotels and convention centers always seem to have bad Asian food nearby.

On 3/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, Mr_Wizard said:

Pizza for tournaments 😛

Filthy animals with greasy hands touching all the controllers afterwards.  😷

Yeah I cant access my old account on it (Stuart Hayden and Geese Pants wrote that they had to make new accounts) I really hope that it is in a "rough draft" version and the functionality improves. No page function makes navigating those long threads a pain.

Thank you Bchan009 for the great layout /function of this site though.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:50 PM, Sacr3D said:

New srk is the equivalent of sitting on a spiked chair while having hemorrhoids

edit: I've also had to make a new user name on old ass srk.

No one can log in on old SRK yet. I don't think they are quite done yet. I hope they aren't because it looks like fermented ass right now.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:00 PM, Darc_Requiem said:
On 3/8/2018 at 7:50 PM, Sacr3D said:

New srk is the equivalent of sitting on a spiked chair while having hemorrhoids

edit: I've also had to make a new user name on old ass srk.

No one can log in on old SRK yet. I don't think they are quite done yet. I hope they aren't because it looks like fermented ass right now.

I've checked out other websites that use discourse, this is pretty much how it will look like. Also we had a severe lack of communication during the migration process. Unfortunately, they don't really give a shit about the forums.

Yeah they definitely give little fucks about the forum. It's why @misterBee put in work to set this place up. Heck even my neophyte self tried to setup a forum for use to go to. MisterBee did it better. So I'm doing what I can to get everyone to come here. Don't want the community split. Discourse is basically the forum version of Discord.....I don't like Discord. Why would I want it in forum format.

On 3/8/2018 at 6:00 PM, DangerousJ said:

Yeah I cant access my old account on it (Stuart Hayden and Geese Pants wrote that they had to make new accounts) I really hope that it is in a "rough draft" version and the functionality improves. No page function makes navigating those long threads a pain.

Thank you Bchan009 for the great layout /function of this site though.

I'm sure things will improve with time, but endless scrolling is one of Discourse's marquee features. It's unlikely that will change. You CAN however use the scrollbar to get through threads quicker if you like.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've been working very hard these past few months to make sure the site is a pleasant place to hang out. :smile:

For those who have smartphones, how often do you get a new one?

I got my first one, Motorola Droid X ,in 2010 and then changed to Samsung Galaxy S5 in 2014 when it started gltching.

MY S5 is having screen problems and Im thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, which will make it 4 years exactly

On 3/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, DangerousJ said:

I got my first one, Motorola Droid X ,in 2010 and then changed to Samsung Galaxy S5 in 2014 when it started gltching.

MY S5 is having screen problems and Im thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, which will make it 4 years exactly

I don't think about it. I get one when I need one. Sometimes it takes a few years, sometimes I switch sooner. Been rocking a Huawei Mate 8 for a while now. Fucking love this phone.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:05 AM, Hecatom said:

The new srk layout is stupidly useless.

It manages to be worse than reddit, which i thought it wasnt possible.

Ugh.

Reddit at least you just mindlessly click through stuff and don't post. Because it's just a bunch of weirdo internet white bois. I'm not going to continue to wait for SRK to get better. I just want the rest of GD to slide through and make the threads they are in charge of. I'm not about to update the OP for 50 million different threads.

Also, I feel like Million felt when he was posting on SRK in 2000. There ain't nobody up here, this joint is like a message board and not a forum lol.

It'll take some time I imagine. I started the site in late January and for a while the main posters were just me, @Darc_Requiem, @DarkSakul, @Reiraku, and @DangerousJ .

We hovered around 40 (mostly inactive) members for a long time, but in the past week alone we've gained almost 40 new members. These things take time to build up but I'm sure we'll have a nice stream of activity going soon. :smile:

On 3/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, DangerousJ said:

I currently have an HTC U11. I'm weird in that I'm not much for headphones. I like a cellphone with good speakers, so I've been on the HTC bandwagon for a while. I did skip a couple of models that went with a single speaker. The reason I hopped on the U11 is i didn't know when they'd put a decent set of speakers on a cellphone again.