Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

ohhhh yes I've watched that trailer a dozen times at this point, including "reaction" vids on youtube; ha, and I normally don't care to watch "reaction" videos (*I'm surprised this ever got to be a thing, actually.... there's many youtubers who got popular and successful just by doing that, which is amazing, imo 🤣)

The voice on that 1 "disciple of Lilith"  is so cool--- "....THERE IS NO LIGHT HERE...You came to the darkness...for knowledge..." 

for those like me that actually care about the lore of these games... here's the info on "Lilith" in the Diablo world:

Edited by MillionX

...the shit still amuses me that my old friend ended up being one of *those people* who think that's Tyrael in the damn Diablo 4 trailer, man..... right after the trailer I was thinking ---haha, some dopey motherfucker is going to think that's Tyrael, I bet....and sure enough, this guy was like "I think that's Tyrael, dude."
BRUH, come on now...
These characters have barely anything in common, man... it's a small deal but it just keeps irking me...like imagine if someone saw Dave Chappelle and got him mixed up with O.J. Simpson, simply because they're both black people, I guess...(hahah imagine the reactions from other people if you saw Dave and said "hey isn't that O.J. Simpson?") the difference here is pretty damn severe...take a look at Tyrael for a moment:
https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Tyrael

c'mon now, people... these characters don't look or sound alike at all; they both look like bald black dudes, and that's about where the similarities end.

Edited by MillionX

sheeeittttt, catching up on Legacies now... it's still quite a disappointing show, but the usual CW hotness is one reason I keep watching.  The girl playing "Hope" continues to get even more curves!  She's evolving... Pale redhead thickness = such delicious gold.😮

"MG" continues to be basically a lame ass sap....but the amusing thing about his current subplot is seeing just how badly he's FriendZoned at the moment with the blonde girl.  The scene I just saw---she gave him the classic "...you're such a great guy" line...as he's helping her find out about this mysterious dude (who seems to be another vampire) she's REALLY into, of course.  ha, that infamous "zone" is always such a fascinating disaster to witness in real time.

I ain't really got shit to say today because thankfully this week has been boring, which is to say nothing has happened outside of possibly some asshole down the street getting arrested.  luckily, rich from ReviewTechUSA made a video that was a long time coming. 

Dear YouTube:  When I was screaming,"GO FUCK YOURSELF YOUTUBE!"  I didn't think you would actually do it.

.................I also didn't think you could hear me.

Well, I'm thinking this really could do it.  2020 will be spicy to say the least.  This new rule looks highly abuse ready and I have a feeling that anything to the right of literal Hitler will be feeling the pain soon.  I might be wrong, but I wouldn't bet against me this time.

hahaha, I'm watching another Tevin "re-stream" of ol' darksfadil.... so he's playing Mario & Sonic At the Olympics.... gets online and is annoyed that there's no one online.  This is hilarious if you think about the situation for a few seconds:

• This game is primarily for kids; they are the target audience.
  • Dark normally streams during the day, and yes this was his usual time.
  • American kids are still sitting in a classroom during this time he's on....*maybe there's a few in other countries on due to the bigger time difference? I'm not even sure how popular this stupid game is outside of America and *maybe* Japan..? 
  • I'm also assuming here that when it comes to the Mario and Sonic family of characters, this is a bit lower on the list in priority when there's things like Odyssey and now Luigi's Mansion 3 out....and of course Smash Bros. Ultimate

ha, there's offline multiplayer....but of course... you'd need "in real life" friends to enjoy that, and we all have a good laugh because that's always an immediate handicap for Darksfadil 🤣

ohhh I can feel that sunshine, baby:

Edited by MillionX

....annnnd just like that he quit the game.  Dark tried the story mode and of course that cheap ass game apparently didn't bother with voice-acting, prompting him to do probably WAY more narration than he was expecting to do.

On another note---anyone else ever know people that honestly don't seem to believe there's "tiers" in games?  I'm sure most gamers have those 1 or 2 people they know who utter the classic line: "Nah, ____ doesn't suck, you just don't know how to play with them."  Yeah ok, so if you pick something like Servbot, Guile and Ruby Heart in MvC2, you should be able to beat whatever top-tier team I roll with, right?  Yeah ok bruh 🤣  Go on and pick...let's say the Crusader in current-day Diablo 3 while I play Wizard and try to go as far in the GRs as I can... try and keep up with me as Wizard in Dragon's Crown while I have Dwarf (who was borderline invincible until a patch "fixed" him) or Fighter....all things are just perfectly even, right?  Sure 😄

Man, I thought Million was Joking about the ending song on Jojo's Golden wind.  Nope, it's sure enough Joedeci. 

Also, speaking of Dragon's Crown and tiers........................

I used to hang with some fucking MONSTERS who would play the elf.  Man, them arrows actually killed that one at the start before my amazon could even get a shot in.  I did get stunned, but still.  One damn second and those elves made the fucker die in a wooden rain of hellish shafts.  I still don't know how they did it, but whatever.  I was loving the free carrys.

finally, Toonami is back to being halfway decent; My Hero is on at a reasonable time; coming up at 10pm central, and it's followed by One Punch season 2.  I'm not a fan of Dr. Stone though...and it would be nice if JoJo's was on earlier; it doesn't come on 'til 1:30 central....and I most likely will be in dreamland by that time since I was unable to get a good nap earlier.

on the Darksfadil front--- Phil is playing Death Stranding, so you KNOW I had to check a restream out of that gold... Tev still has the first one up...it's about as wonderfully awful as you could imagine.

Edited by MillionX

https://collider.com/kung-fu-reboot-greg-berlanti-the-cw/?fbclid=IwAR0jW5dDvogUsoSI-qi0r29xJEI5vl4HPLipefCHYp3HyXAhRHUpPveU3Ag

Kung Fu reboot... CW and Greg Berlanti and Christina Kim... so you know that means automatically a gender-swapped main character; funny thing is I jumped to that conclusion just off the headline...read further into the article and YEP... sure enough it's exactly that.  The TV and film industry has become so predictable with this sort of thing it's funny.  Bonus points if they decide to also make her a lesbian 😄  

shameless achievement ho here... I picked up 550 points today on my new/alt profile...it was delicious....

sidenote---Toy Soldiers: War Chest is apparently broken, and there is no hope in it ever being fixed.  After tutorial I get to an apparent loading with a lot of character art, and that's it.  There is no button prompt or even a progress bar of loading, and it just stays that way forever.

edit---yeah, I haven't seen confirmation on this theory just yet...but I suspect that whatever contract they had with the licensed content on this game expired, and that's related to this.  I've read in some places of people noticing you can still play it if you are offline and set the date to 08/01/2015 for some reason.

ha, check some of the reviews...

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/toy-soldiers-war-chest-hall-of-fame-edition/10122570.html

Edited by MillionX

damn I missed it... I heard about this on a local radio show recently and just remembered but it was only until 11/11 apparently

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/the-scene/McDonalds-Happy-Meal-Toys-40th-Anniversary-Throwback-Return-564388701.html

They should do that more often to capitalize on that nostalgia hype... I'd definitely get a few happy meals if they brought the old "Changeables" back, which were like the "McDonald's universe" version of Transformers....oh and those racers as well...they had a line of McDonalds characters in cars; the kind that you roll back and the "wind-up" mechanism inside makes it race forward.  I actually still have the Hamburgular one after all these years.

Edited by MillionX