Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

well...as I was going for the Iceborne expansion...I noticed Code Vein is an even better sale--- 40% off so it's 36 bucks!!  ...and only 2 hours left on this sale though!!!  They're killin' me heahhhhh...   😫

I'm a cheapskate.... not inclined to spend so much all at once...looks like Iceborne will have to wait once again. That sale only knocked $10 off....so not such a big loss in comparison, imo.

^hahah just the thumbnail pic is already cracking me up....because of the look on that dude's face...looks like he's in the middle of ripping an especially powerful, juicy fart.

I was watching another Tevin re-stream of ol' Darksfadil... someone in the Dark's chat just randomly posted "is it weird that I wipe with my hands?" hahahah that really got me just now, man  🤣

ha, and another one just typed "I just ate all my boogers." 😄

32 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Is everyone staying in their city or traveling anywhere today?

Right back at ya man.

Staying in the city for me.  Enjoying some peace and quiet for today.  Hope everyone gets stuffed and happy today.

sheeeitttttt,
I'm not sure how many of those "Pitch Meeting" vids they made at Screen Rant, but yep...I'm STILL watching them. There was one he did that was out of character for some odd reason, and it was lame...so of course that's probably the only one that's not in character, I bet....one must always commit to the gimmick, folks.  

Well, I went to Walgreen's for a quick second, happened to browse the toy aisle and saw this version of Shockwave...HAD to get it

a sad little snapshot into where the games industry is going... whenever 1 of the few in a fanbase like the Diablo community makes a post about "there should be an offline mode for D4", you notice more and more how the average gamer is starting to side with and even defend these insanely greedy ass companies

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/make-an-offline-mode-for-diablo-4/5261/29

I'm halfway tempted to join that forum just to argue with some of those people.  Anyway, the result continues to be the same usual replies--

not our fault your internet sucks

internet is the future, get with the program

duhhh you never owned your games, dude <--I really hate this idiotic nonsense; it honestly makes me want to punch things.  No one ever was referring to copyright and trademark when saying they owned something they bought at a store, you fucking morons.  If you bought a Polo shirt that doesn't mean you actually own the BRAND...but yes.... you do indeed own that particular shirt.  Jesus H Christ, man...

a sad little snapshot into where the games industry is going... whenever 1 of the few in a fanbase like the Diablo community makes a post about "there should be an offline mode for D4", you notice more and more how the average gamer is starting to side with and even defend these insanely greedy ass companies

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/make-an-offline-mode-for-diablo-4/5261/29 

I'm halfway tempted to join that forum just to argue with some of those people.  Anyway, the result continues to be the same usual replies--

• not our fault your internet sucks
  • internet is the future, get with the program
  • duhhh you never owned your games, dude <--I really hate this idiotic nonsense; it honestly makes me want to punch things.  No one ever was referring to copyright and trademark when saying they owned something they bought at a store, you fucking morons.  If you bought a Polo shirt that doesn't mean you actually own the BRAND...but yes.... you do indeed own that particular shirt.  Jesus H Christ, man...

well, some of the comments in that aforementioned thread earlier gave me some hope… this one was spot on:

The always online shared world isn’t to protect your leaderboard score, to keep out bots and hackers. It’s to use other players in your world to advertise their latest cosmetic acquisition. That’s why they don’t want an offline mode. There’s no money it. I’ve heard them say longevity a lot. Longevity = player retention = recurrent spending.

So many have been easily fooled into believing it’s to combat cheating/hacks (really; I’m doubting they even halfway give a shit about any of that), but the real reason comes right down to the money. The industry can squeeze way more money out of us (for as little effort as possible) when gaming is reduced to a “service” as opposed to being the “product” it once was. They don’t even want us to have the option of playing offline, because then we wouldn’t see all the latest little extras in the game you can get for “just $3.99…” or whatever.

ah, and another good one:
The MMORPG virus has infected everything. What started as a chatroom game for lonely geeks has become a multi billion dollar online dystopia. People have been frog boiled into thinking it’s acceptable, even desirable, for it to be the only way to play games.

Here's hoping that Cyber Monday brings me a few good deals.  I'm looking to get a new workstation computer that'll be more compact than the dinos I have around right now.  I want the desktop this time so that I'll have more USB and harddrive room this time around.  Ironically, my old Acer from WalMart is STILL running to this day and I got it back in 2010.  I'll retire it to music duty in the backroom for new years if the new one gets here then, but that will only be done if the new one is indeed ordered soon.

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

well, some of the comments in that aforementioned thread earlier gave me some hope… this one was spot on:

The always online shared world isn’t to protect your leaderboard score, to keep out bots and hackers. It’s to use other players in your world to advertise their latest cosmetic acquisition. That’s why they don’t want an offline mode. There’s no money it. I’ve heard them say longevity a lot. Longevity = player retention = recurrent spending.

So many have been easily fooled into believing it’s to combat cheating/hacks (really; I’m doubting they even halfway give a shit about any of that), but the real reason comes right down to the money. The industry can squeeze way more money out of us (for as little effort as possible) when gaming is reduced to a “service” as opposed to being the “product” it once was. They don’t even want us to have the option of playing offline, because then we wouldn’t see all the latest little extras in the game you can get for “just $3.99…” or whatever.

ah, and another good one:
The MMORPG virus has infected everything. What started as a chatroom game for lonely geeks has become a multi billion dollar online dystopia. People have been frog boiled into thinking it’s acceptable, even desirable, for it to be the only way to play games.

man they need to fuck straight on off with the,"It's to combat cheating" bs.  I've lost count of the number of hacks and cheats that pop up in online games, some of which can only be done because of it.  I remember in DCUO where we once cheesed every boss from start to finish because of the lag.  We were able to make our characters kind of,"Ghost" their way through where only like about one in 20 or more attacks would actually land on us thanks to the constant buffering.  In No Man's Sky, we cheesed the first iteration into oblivion with the glitch where you could,"Time Travel" by going back to an earlier save to get your shit, but also getting the lost items as well.  Another DCUO one was the "Clown Box" glitch where you could basically use one of the iconic special abilities called "Clown Box" to temporarily avoid taking damage.  Somebody else would pick you up and put you all the way to the edge of the area so that when the effect wore off, you would rematerialize outside of the border, but still close enough to throw your weapons at the enemy.  Remember Diablo 3?  Heh.  Rifts got ripped up by fools who would just walk their friends through and then pass them some goods on the daily.  I think I still have a recording of one time where the screen damn near stayed lit up throughout the run because of leveling up.

..............And Please don't ask about speed hackers in DCUO.  Just................Damn.  The last time I saw a battle so horribly one sided it was the Movie Smokey and the Bandit.

As far as protecting a leaderboard score..................um, how the hell would opening it up to the entire literal world do that?  Now everybody with a controller can take a stab at it.  At least in the arcade, you could be king of the mall if nobody in the area was good enough to beat you.  These days some chump with a credit card can buy their way to the top, only to be knocked off by someone else who did the same.  Protect the score?  They made it obsolete. 

They're doing online to get money, Plain and simple.  Lootboxes, chat, all of it is to squeeze a few more sheckels out of your fists.  The more, the merrier.  I ain't mad at the hustle, but please don't try to tell me it is anything but.

so, I went to a different(better) Wal-mart and noticed they had a few of the Arcade 1-UP machines actually out on display...these are better than I thought, actually.... see, this is how ya sell something because the temptation is that much stronger for me now.  They had a TMNT one which has the first game AND Turtles in Time.  I also spotted the Marvel Super Heroes machine and a Mortal Kombat one which has 1, 2 and 3, though the cabinet art design is from part 2, which is perfect, imo...it was the best looking one, imo.  

The Turtles machine is more expensive though, at 400....the other ones I see tend to be 300.  It does seem kinda scummy that they purposely design these to be extremely short and then try to sell you a "riser" thing to make it the appropriate height....basically *creating* a problem and then selling the solution for extra. 😄

not that I would have room for it at current, but those sound pretty nice.  I wish this damnable wal mart would do something like that, but wishing is probably as close as I'll ever get around here.

Cyber Monday's only hours away.  Let's hope for some sweet deals on a nice ass powerful rig.

ohoooo this might be good to keep tabs on for laughs, imo... Olivia Jade finally has posted again... she is Lori Loughlin's daughter; you might remember the scandal of her and Felicity Huffman paying to get their daughters in college or something...

🍿😄 dis gone be good...

Here's what I got for Black Week:

Video Games (PS4)
Shenmue 3 Steelbook edition ($35)
Control ($30)

Bluray Movies   ($4-$8 each)
Predator (1987)
Die Hard (1988)
John Wick 2
John Wick 3
Spider-man: Far From Home
Game Night
Suicide Squad Hell to Pay (animated)

Toy

Transformers SIEGE Spinister (regular price $20)

This past week had relatives over form Mon-Saturday so I got Shenmue the Sunday before Turkey day since the sale was active.

Yesterday I went into Best Buy just to see what was left over. The toy was from WM.

I actually have not seen Game Night or Suicide Squad HTP but they were only $4 so I took a chance on them.

Meh.  Monday comes and goes, and nothing really worth the hype for Cyber Monday happens.  I guess that's just as good as one company has actually made their Black Friday deal go all the way through December.  ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:  Cheap ass raver will buy from your store.

Well, I guess saying cheap is the wrong word since this time it's a well and true workstation I'm aiming for.  Wallet:  Prepare thy anus!!

damn, I forgot about "Cyber Monday", actually....so whatever was going on with eShop, Live and PSN I missed it then....

OH....there's still some going on I just remembered; I had a note for myself that some things on eShop are still on the "BF" sale until 12/04 though!  Mainly, Ori & the Blind Forest finally got my attention.....yeah I know that game has been on sale hundreds of times in the past few years, but I always would get sidetracked by other games and forget it.

ah but Wild Guns Reloaded is on sale as well for 10!!! damn damn damnnn!!!  Too many games catching my attention... I already bought the Iceborne expansion for Monster Hunter and Code Vein on sale last week too...

^and this is only 363 mb apparently.... 

this reminds me so much of something to play in the arcades on a big screen back in 1990, with the sounds of other arcade machines blaring in the background...

Edited by MillionX

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 🦃

7 hours ago, MillionX said:

this reminds me so much of something to play in the arcades on a big screen back in 1990, with the sounds of other arcade machines blaring in the background...

Wild Guns is actually a SNES game.  Reloaded is a port with enhanced features.  I like it a lot.