Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

10 hours ago, misterBee said:

I use uBlock Origin anyway.

cool.  I'll look into it. 

I added another one called Ghostery to the mix for good measure.  if nothing else, two walls are better than one. 

Rambling from left field here... Toonami...

That Dr. Stone anime <--y'know, I just can't get into that shit.  I watched the first couple of episodes and it's just so incredibly boring.  Right off the top they're barely giving us any reason to care about these characters and what's going on, imo.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure "Golden Wind"--- this era of that series is another one that's just not working for me.  The only point of interest is the fact that the main dude on this one is Dio's son.  Everything else about it just isn't that interesting so far...especially not compared to the earlier seasons.  

sheeeitttt, at least Toonami still has My Hero though...and One Punch though I'm not sure what the hell happened...they got to a certain point in season 2 (the main bad guy fought his former mentor Silver Fang and his bro) and it just went off.

oh yeah and then there is Fire Force; I didn't care that much for it either in the beginning, but the last few episodes finally caught my eye since there was some action going on.

The food competition anime---yeahhhh fuck THAT.  I have no problems admitting this; it's NOT about super-powered beings fighting and killing each other....therefore it instantly has quite the uphill battle as being an anime I'd care to spend more than 5 seconds watching.

Edited by MillionX

12 hours ago, MillionX said:

Rambling from left field here... Toonami...

That Dr. Stone anime <--y'know, I just can't get into that shit.  I watched the first couple of episodes and it's just so incredibly boring.  Right off the top they're barely giving us any reason to care about these characters and what's going on, imo.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure "Golden Wind"--- this era of that series is another one that's just not working for me.  The only point of interest is the fact that the main dude on this one is Dio's son.  Everything else about it just isn't that interesting so far...especially not compared to the earlier seasons.  

sheeeitttt, at least Toonami still has My Hero though...and One Punch though I'm not sure what the hell happened...they got to a certain point in season 2 (the main bad guy fought his former mentor Silver Fang and his bro) and it just went off.

oh yeah and then there is Fire Force; I didn't care that much for it either in the beginning, but the last few episodes finally caught my eye since there was some action going on.

The food competition anime---yeahhhh fuck THAT.  I have no problems admitting this; it's NOT about super-powered beings fighting and killing each other....therefore it instantly has quite the uphill battle as being an anime I'd care to spend more than 5 seconds watching.

damn yo.  Sorry to hear that Toonami is slipping these days.  Maybe listening to this will help perk up your day.

Rumor has it that the Techno shirt gives her music..................extra bounce.

"At the 30th WorldCon (1972), artist Scott Shaw wore a costume composed largely of peanut butter to represent his own underground comix character called "The Turd". The peanut butter rubbed off, doing damage to soft furnishings and other peoples' costumes, and then began to go rancid under the heat of the lighting. Food, odious, and messy substances were banned as costume elements after that event."

@MillionX

On 2/5/2020 at 12:19 AM, MillionX said:

If you're talking about Shokugeki no Soma...you should watch it.

It's amazing.  It's a shounen battle anime with tournament arcs, duels, and some of the most ridiculous shit.  Just because it's not traditional fighting doesn't mean you should ignore it.

shokugeki_no_soma_v12_ch97_p018-019.png

For being $80 bucks it better be lol.

The others are between $10-20.

I usually don't post Masterpiece with G1/Classics toys bc it is unfair considering the first three are meant to be mainstream Walmart/Target items for a wide range and the MP line is mostly for hardcore collectors.

I have the 2011 one. It's good enough for me.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

For being $80 bucks it better be lol.

The others are between $10-20.

I usually don't post Masterpiece with G1/Classics toys bc it is unfair considering the first three are meant to be mainstream Walmart/Target items for a wide range and the MP line is mostly for hardcore collectors.

I have the 2011 one. It's good enough for me.

If you were a pro fighting game player we'd have to call you  Megashock|Peter Cullen

Edited by Darc_Requiem

https://theweek.com/speedreads/894315/joaquin-phoenix-becomes-2nd-actor-win-oscar-playing-joker

Joaquin Phoenix wins his first Oscar for Best actor in Joker!

This makes the second time that an actor has won an Oscar for playing the clown prince of crime

(Heath Ledger got Best supporting Actor posthumously in 2009, and JP in 2020!)

Margot Robbie who plays Harley Quinn in suicide Squad and Birds of Prey  was nominated this year for the movie "Bombshell" but didnt win.

Also, this is extra cool as this is the Joker's 80th anniversary in comics!(He debuted in Batman number 1 in 1940!)

OMG.  This guy on Oshay's podcast. 

NOTE:  This particular video is about a sex doll and the guy who loves her.  Hilarity ensues within.

Holy F!   I did NOT expect things to get this crazy, but DAMN.  He also came back for round 2 where all these people tried to debate (Trans: Shaming tactics and concern trolling) but he has better defense than Gaara and even more unbreakable.   If I can get the second one, I'll put it up too.  It WILL make you fall back laughing your ass off.

EDIT:  Here's part 2. 

My man had on Ultra Instinct from the start.  They were no match for him.

Edited by Deadly_Raver

heh, sheeeittt I look forward to watching that later.  There's not much one can really logically say against it, imo... or highly advanced robot women whenever they become a mass-market thing.  I'd be like---so when's the last time your wife nagged you about something?  I'm guessing yesterday... maybe 2 or 3 days ago?  hahah mine CAN'T do that, because it's not even in her programming script, bruh.  

There would eventually come a time when such things are indeed physically indistinguishable from actual humans....that's probably still a bit far off but you know it's more than likely inevitable.  At that point, regular human women will truly become the obsolete product, just like an old black & white tv in a world of 4k giant screen sets.  They become that Colecovision in a world of Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo.....completely outdated and pointless. 😄

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

heh, sheeeittt I look forward to watching that later.  There's not much one can really logically say against it, imo... or highly advanced robot women whenever they become a mass-market thing.  I'd be like---so when's the last time your wife nagged you about something?  I'm guessing yesterday... maybe 2 or 3 days ago?  hahah mine CAN'T do that, because it's not even in her programming script, bruh.  

There would eventually come a time when such things are indeed physically indistinguishable from actual humans....that's probably still a bit far off but you know it's more than likely inevitable.  At that point, regular human women will truly become the obsolete product, just like an old black & white tv in a world of 4k giant screen sets.  They become that Colecovision in a world of Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo.....completely outdated and pointless. 😄

Just make sure when you do that you've gathered sufficient snacks and beverages.  The last 20-30 minutes of the 3 hour vid is useless because the guy leaves, but from start to then it just don't stop.  The first vid is good, but the sequel is better in all the ways. 

ROTFLMFAO@Being an old black and white in a world of 4k screens.  That is about as accurate as it can get.  They're a bunch of nameless  unarmed bloodsuckers about to face an army of Daywalkers at high noon.  Double LOL@ the obsolete console point.  Yep.  It's almost exactly like that too.  They (current women)  Are about to get pushed out by "Emulators" that can do everything they can do, plus a lot of things they can't, and do it better and with FAR less stress to the user.    Too bad Radio Shack went out of business.  This would've been their time to shine simply by changing their name to Robo Shack. 😄😄😄

@DangerousJ

I'm liking all of those except the 2011 one.  It looks like they just got lazy and frankenstein'ed one together for quick cash.  Everybody else is cool and the 2011 one is there looking like Jared Leto's joker.  They tried to do something different, and we don't hate on that.  The problem is..............well....................everything.  That's the problem.

Edited by Deadly_Raver