Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Yeah I had to go to 6 different stores before I got TP 

Even main items like bread/eggs/milk are in low supply.

Other than shopping once,I haven't gone out 

You take going to the gym/restaurant etc for granted and when it's closed it feels so annoying.

I'm glad Power and internet are mostly unaffected. 

Hope you guys are doing ok!

Posted (edited)

Imagine how surreal and ominous it would sound if one were to go back in time just 5 or 6 months and inform people---just a few months from now...something will happen that will change the day to day lives of everyone on this planet.

On a much-needed lighter note----checking back on that vid of the Marvel “New Warriors” again… now the like dislike ratio is 1.6k likes vs. 23k dislikes  This is amazing. I intend to keep tabs on it…occasionally coming back for more in the comments section.

Internet Gas, folks. 😄

of course WCB had to jump on this with a live-stream....dis gonna be good 🤣

Edited by MillionX

Bruh that shit is fucking tragic.  

Like they managed to piss off everyone with that shit

I think the best part is giving dude the awesome power to use google.

Posted (edited)

...and what terrible powers these characters have.  Take a look at our "stereotypical jock"(that has pink hair and pink shorts; sure ok) Safespace over there.  He can generate shields only to protect others....so he's 100% defense, nothing more.  He would need to work together with other heroes to have any chance of actually defeating villains.  For attacking, all he has I guess is his own fighting ability which is probably just the strength and stamina level of a normal athletic human.  His sister Snowflake can form ice shurikens.... the concept of this is interesting but if it's only limited to something small like shurikens, that's not much of a threatening thing.  It would make sense and give her some versatility if she could also decide to form the ice into other weapon shapes....or even her own ice shields and armor, whatever (haha which makes her brother's power redundant)

edit---ah I am checking it out straight from the source (marvel's website)--- I see, it's "cryo-kinesis" she's using, so she logistically should be able to make the ice forms into anything.....hahaha and Safe's forcefields are pink too!  

Psychic Twins. “All twins are psychic, but we’re psychic-er.” Snowflake, a cryokinetic, can materialize snowflake-shaped shuriken projectiles for throwing. Safespace can materialize pink forcefields, but he can’t inhabit them himself, the reflex only works if he’s protecting others.

Fixing B-Negative:

I'd probably drop the silly "bat-wings" from his jacket; and the white tights look....ehhh I just don't like that... I'd probably just go with all black, or dark blue jeans with the black leather jacket like a "biker"/rebel look, something like that.  Naturally he should have the powers of most vampires (but they point out that he ages like a normal person? Nah that's lame.)

Edited by MillionX

The girl that apparently doesn't walk is called trailblazer.   Her ability is to pull out whatever she wants from her backpack.  I am guessing it is mostly food. 

STILL laughing at dudes powers just being a cellphone/google.   Like how irrelevant are you in a world with super technology?    Like in the real world you would still be complete trash. 

Posted (edited)

@MillionX and @Angel

I didn't think the "New new Warriors" were going to be that bad.

The Good News:  I was right.

The Bad News:  ...............I was right. 😭

Good LORD.  How could they possibly screw up so badly?  How?  "Snowflake"?  Really?  You make sharp objects out of ice?  BITCH, you ain't even above the level of technology we had before I was born.  SIT YO' ASS DOWN!!!

Safespace?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  So, you can create forcefields...............That you cannot enter?  Beats that ass right next to the forcefield.

BTW, WonderTwins.............you are now replaced as the most worthless twins in comics.  please make sure to surrender the title to the new and rightful owners.

Cipher:  "God what a useless power.  I can translate stuff.  WTF?"
Screentime: "You wanna talk about worthless?  I make memes. 

Trailblazer:    "Well I have a magic backpack."  Throws backpack over a fence and laughs when she runs out of breath walking about 50 feet to go get it.

B Negative: "....................Fuck this shit I'm out."

I don't see this shit making it past the first issue.  I'm just sayin. 

Edited by Deadly_Raver

4 hours ago, Angel said:

The girl that apparently doesn't walk is called trailblazer.   Her ability is to pull out whatever she wants from her backpack.  I am guess it is mostly food. 

STILL laughing at dudes powers just being a cellphone/google.   Like how irrelevant are you in a world with super technology?    Like in the real world you would still be complete trash. 

What's in the bag?  Here's a hint.

Posted (edited)

People are comparing Safe and Snowflake to Zan & Jayna.... but I think Zan and Jayna actually had better powers (and better costume design, imo...and the girl was hot)  The dude could change into water in any any form be it gas, liquid or solid....and he could take on the shape of pretty much anything in that water form.  Jayna could change into any creature, even mythological ones....so she could theoretically change into things like minotaurs and dragons along with real world stuff.  The downside is that they needed to to fist bump or whatever if I recall.  Naturally, since that old Superfriends show was kinda stupid (and since they were side-characters not meant to upstage the main-event people like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.), they never did anything that cool....but even back then as a little kid I saw the potential in those powers.  

Anyway, compare this to a girl that is so far only going to use "cryo-kinesis" to make little ice shurikens and a dude who can *only* make force-fields for other people. Zan & Jayna are capable of much more interesting things.

sheeeittt, I found the wiki of course:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Twins

Edited by MillionX

Yeah ice power is op af as anyone can see from looking at Shoto from Mha or Bobby Drake.   But just shitty daggers?   Like ice daggers are strictly worse than a NORMAL metal dagger lol

51 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yeah ice power is op af as anyone can see from looking at Shoto from Mha or Bobby Drake.   But just shitty daggers?   Like ice daggers are strictly worse than a NORMAL metal dagger lol

I wasn't going to, but now I will.

Snowflake:  "Hey, I'm Snowflake and I can make daggers and knives out of ice."

Iceman: Pauses from freezing the ENTIRE Empire State building and the demons on it in absolute Zero degree ice  "Oh hey there kid. You here to help me?

Snowflake: ".................Never mind."

Yeah. I didn't have to do that, but I did.

Posted (edited)

ha, back when MvC2 was new, Iceman was an immediate regular pick on my teams... I just liked those powers, and he was quite an easy character to play and win with at the time.... I think it was Iceman/Cable (ha, of course)/whatever in those early days of MvC2.

ha, and yeah I got away with so much shit that most likely would not have been a thing later on as people started to figure out the top tier characters.... Megaman was another one; haha I had the cheap ass "rockball" tactics going on day 1 getting those early wins 😄

Edited by MillionX

Rosario is still smokin' hot, imo... one may argue *slightly* past her prime but still definitely a good one.  

...and so it begins---- my download of DOOM ETERNAL has started.  May as well have as much fun as possible ASAP while human society is sliding towards a cliff. 👍

read some dumb ass article that was seriously trying to compare the new new warriors to giant size xmen #1.....gtfoh

Playing this Trials of Mana demo.   You already know this is gonna go hard on the switch

Posted (edited)

sheeeitttt, Legacies finally had an episode that genuinely entertained me from beginning to end... episode 14, man... it was obvious to see this result coming since they've built it up the past few episodes, but Josie finally went full on "Dark Magic" mode.  They *thought* things would be ok by locking her up in a cell like a captured "monster of the day" but she laughed that shit off.  "Dark Josie" with the casual magic hand-wave made Hope just pass out....instant KO, man.  Then she chanted some magic word and suddenly it was like an earthquake was going on... then the ground she's standing on breaks and she just stays on it as it magically flies up out of that area!  Then we get the classic slow-motion walk as she has set the school on fire.   

cue Jim Ross: "Business has DAMN sure picked up, folks!"  😮

...however, I'm surprised they *still* haven't "killed" Hope so the vampiric side of her powers could be unlocked.

also--I don't think Landon (curly-haired lame "Phoenix" guy) was in this episode at all that I noticed, which is a good thing. 

...ohhhh and there was such a big-time "friend-zoned character" moment yet again with MG and Lizzie.  Since this CW, OF COURSE the dude is such a terribly weak-willed sap about this shit.... basically Lizzie acknowledged that she only really runs to him whenever something's wrong (emotional tampon!) but then he of course re-assured her that he's OK with that and she should keep doing it. ...of course.  Fine message to send out to the young audience, CW... "I'm fine with staying there as your emotional support and nothing else with absolutely no hope of this EVER going beyond the consolation prize of 'friendship'". 😆

Edited by MillionX

3 hours ago, misterBee said:

I've been inside for like a week and a half.

Hope everyone is able to work from home/quarantining.  Shit's getting wild out there.

Half my office is now working from home. I'm part of the group that still has to go in. Two of my co-workers got let go on Thursday. Depressed me for like a day and a haf 😔

Posted (edited)

I'm fortunate to be able to work from home.  Our office has been doing this since 2 weeks ago now; originally due to the results of the tornado that swept thru.... building was ok but it was without power from that Tuesday thru the rest of the week....and of course now we got the viral outbreak situation threatening the very stability of human civilization.  

My job involves the unemployment benefits system----It won't be surprising if they actually implement mandatory overtime for us soon, considering the insane increase in people that are off work now and will be for a long time.  It's something most people that work in this department probably forgot about... at least way back when I started it was mentioned in the interview that mandatory overtime is indeed a "possibility"....it's just that things have never been so bad that they've actually had to implement that....also in the past there's usually been a good number of people that volunteer for overtime anyway (sheeeit, when the offer to make that 1.5x pay is suddenly a reality---most people will go ahead and make that money!) so the powers that be probably never even had to consider that option.....

...that brings back memories... when I was still kinda a new and suddenly all this overtime started being offered; previously I was someone who thought "nah no way I'd ever ruin a weekend with WORK".....things changed FAST once the offer was in my face for real and I started thinking about those fatter paychecks.  (ha, man I was living it up too; I started eating out a bit more often; no longer cared to wait until a game dropped in price; shit was awesome)  Sadly I would not get the 1.5x bonus now due to my position....anyway it's going to be a lot going on at work in the coming weeks and months since everything is ruined now, economy-wise.  

Edited by MillionX