Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

36 minutes ago, MillionX said:

exxxxactly.  The only major curse with vampirism---- I'd really, really miss being able to enjoy normal foods.  One of the great simple pleasures in life is a good pizza.....or my other favorites---> burgers, grilled chicken, steaks, lasagna, bacon, gyro sandwiches, baklava, etc..... and oh yes...that garlic bread.  The real tragedy is losing out on alllll that good stuff. 😩

I thought vampires find normal food disgusting?

You probably wouldn't miss it.

Posted (edited)

Quite a frustrating situation with that Remake.... I'd like to play it, but I'd rather have the "Complete Edition".....BUT I realize that at the rate their going, that probably won't be until years off into the future, like the summer of 2025.  I don't like this idea of a game being split up into pieces over the course of some unknown time frame. (and with each "piece" probably costing the full 60 bucks I bet, right?)  ...I hate the concept of only getting to what, the 25% point or whatever and then that's it...now we have to wait another year or however much time it is until "Chapter 2" or "2nd Gig" or "Part II" whatever they market it as.........and the kicker is that we all know this is guaranteed to be successful because of it being THAT game.  

ha, I bet certain other companies might be kicking themselves for NOT thinking of it first...

Capcom Suits: "dammit, we could've split up each of the RE remakes!  RE2 could've been 2 pieces for 60 each!  DAMN why didn't we think of that?!" (*and now in a post-FF7R world: "maybe we could cut up RE4 Remake into 2...maybe 3 pieces?  Oooh ooh, then we got Code Veronica....")

Note-- with DLC it's a bit different, imo---I figure someone would raise that point as a comparison, probably....with most games that have DLC/updates...generally the "main game" is something that's a regular full experience with the story---beginning/mid/end....and the DLC stuff has most of the time been considered "extra" content.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

I just finished Picard S1. Since its been more than 2 weeks, hope no one minds if I post some  SPOILERS /thoughts.

Pros:

Stewart’s acting . Even at 80, the mans still got it.

Spiner as Data/Frakes/Sirtis had great material. It as good to see them as equals and friends after the relatively buttoned up atmosphere of TNG. Seeing Hugh return as an XP was great. (I would skeet to 7 of 9 or 2 of D lol)

Ships /special fx./makeup were good.

Saying goodbye properly to Data in the final episode after the craptacular ST Nemesis movie.

Rios and Raffi have potential of the new folks.

Cons

Allison Pill as Agnes. Sometimes shes ok and sometimes shes trying to hard to ber quirky/likeable. Mary Wiseman as Tilly on Dscovery does this better imo. Her expertise doesnt really help them. Her romance with Rios felt forced. Also, I dont like that she killed Maddox but that is just handwaved away.

Elnor needs some more character stuff. Hes not that interesting except for action scenes.

I liked Dahj more than Soji.

In only a 10 episode season, Narek’s attempt to get in Sojis head was really him trying to get the Robo-pussy. Also the sister seemed jealous that she wasnt getting her brother’s Romulan dick from her brother more than anything else. I hope they dont return next season.

Picard dying and being transferred to a new artificial body that doesnt have the brain anomaly but will die at a normal age is a big copout imo. Like change it up a bit or make Picard have augmented abilities would have been a neat twist.

This sort of"resurrection" worked only in Wrath of Khan with Spock but didnt with Data and B-4 nemesis. Plus, none of the TNG homies were with him when he died which is lame imo.

Like Discovery season 1, the last episode tied somethings up too quickly. Synth ban is lifted just like that? lol

Overall: 7/10

Edited by DangerousJ

On 4/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, MillionX said:

exxxxactly.  The only major curse with vampirism---- I'd really, really miss being able to enjoy normal foods.  One of the great simple pleasures in life is a good pizza.....or my other favorites---> burgers, grilled chicken, steaks, lasagna, bacon, gyro sandwiches, baklava, etc..... and oh yes...that garlic bread.  The real tragedy is losing out on alllll that good stuff. 😩

^
He ain't lying to ya.  There's been a few days where I was on the verge of doing things that would've changed the course of my life for the worse, but a few bites of something delicious changed my mind.

The following article doesn't contain food, but there is a starving rat in it.

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/rumor-disney-planning-for-walt-disney-world-to-remain-closed-for-the-rest-of-2020/

wow.  Disney will be in some deep dish shit if this is true.  If they manage to survive it, you can bet that they'll be hungry to make some cash the old fashioned way:  By making good stuff and cutting out the bs.  Nobody gives a damn about your gender or your agenda when they're staring at past due bills while rubbing an empty stomach. 

Now, so that this doesn't end on a particularly bad note, here's a little insight from yours truly.

If indeed Disney survives this, as I said they will be looking to make money...................and so will everyone else.  finding a good time to buy their stocks during this crisis will be a chance at making possibly a GREAT amount of cash, as long as they do their part correctly.  I'll be keeping my eyes on them to see if I can spot signs of them turning towards the better............or worse.  If the rat has any magic dust left in it, now's the time to shake a tinkerbell or two and let it out.

Posted (edited)

Well, my latest vamp-related thing to be hooked on is the web series "LA by Night"... it's a bit of an odd thing; it's like you're watching a live table-top rpg session that is also being broadcast as a "show".  (and as of Season 2, there's small clips at the end with sets and regular production like a tv show) It takes a while to get caught up on though since every episode is usually around 2.5 hours+ long. 😄  It's also fun to see how deep in the character performance some of these people are... the guy playing Prince "Vannevar" is notoriously over the top and I love every minute of that shit. (hahaha he even makes the dice roll and sometimes speak to the Storyteller *in character*... it's great)

Naturally, as with any show there's some fine ass eye-candy to check out on there, like "Nelli G"

https://vampire-the-masquerade-la-by-night.fandom.com/wiki/Nelli_G 

...along with total smokeshow Noura Ibrahim who plays the recently turned Lasombra "Ib"... and for some reason there's NOT a lot of her online; not sure why...even her imdb page doesn't have a picture on it.  I eventually found that instagram tho:

https://www.instagram.com/nouralogical/ 

Edited by MillionX

this guy found out the hard way that no good deed goes unpunished... (*yep Tommy is still there pointing out the shenanigans of the more shitty people of the tribe)

Lesson learned... don't be too nice....and never *fully* trust anyone even for a minute.

OH what a surprise... the "baby-daddy" of his female friend...he's in jail.(apparently the reason he was helping her out financially....heh, like a fool, imo)  Women are such excellent judges of character, right?  They sure know how to pick a mate, right?  SURE.  😄

Im sorry if I have offended any folks here , namely black folks with my dumb jokes about the following:

1)"homeskillet" . "Nigga" or other terms 

2) Making fun of Rappers like soulja boy /trick daddy etc.

3) Black folks liking collard greens, and wearing  red shorts at the gym

I am just a silly person. I was born in the Bahamas and lived in St Thomas(islands that are 80% black) for the first 14 years of my life. I try to be fair to everyone . 

Some people on SRK1 have called me a "communist" and  implied  that I am racist and it took me aback.

I admit to saying "nigga" occasionally on SRK1, but I thought it meant something like "bro". 

I have never said it in real life.

Anyway,  I hope that you can forgive me if you were offended.

ha, sheeeittttt, I'm in the extreme minority on this issue (*I doubt any of my "tribe" agrees with me on this, actually...most WILL get all offended the minute "that word" shows up or is spoken aloud...unless of course the person saying it happens to be a fellow American Black person)... but to me it just seems silly to be so offended by words.  I'm also one of the only people that is more inclined to laugh at just about any joke that most would consider to be in "poor taste"....that in itself usually makes it more amusing to me.

On another note though... Triscuits with honey on them are incredible.  I got a "Family Size" box of them early this morning...and I've already finished that entire box.

4 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Im sorry if I have offended any folks here , namely black folks with my dumb jokes about the following:

I am just a silly person. I was born in the Bahamas and lived in St Thomas(islands that are 80% black) for the first 14 years of my life. I try to be fair to everyone . 

Some people on SRK1 have called me a "communist" and  implied  that I am racist and it took me aback.

I admit to saying "nigga" occasionally on SRK1, but I thought it meant something like "bro". 

Everyone's got personal preferences so it's always best to err on the side of caution.  As long as we work together to keep things relatively clean it'll be better for everyone. 😄

Good on you for trying to be considerate of others!

8 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

some people on SRK1 called you a,"Communist"?

WELL WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!  Damn.  I was starting to think something was wrong with ya.  👍  You really don't fit in until you've ruffled somebody's feathers at least once or twice. 

Seriously though, I personally am just sick of the whole thing.  They think just because I'm black that I'm supposed to go into attack mode anytime somebody whose skin color is lighter than a brown paper bag says nigga, but I have to give it a pass if anyone darker than said bag says it.  Me and people sharing my complexion are supposed to be the gatekeepers and wardens of this word that we supposedly don't like while ignoring the galaxy-sized irony of it all.

I say screw that and screw them.  It's a word.  It's a word with a bad history, but a word nonetheless.  We used to have a little rhyme about sticks and stones and names, but I'm too sober to remember it.  I personally wish that everybody would use it until it got wore out.  That way there would be one less thing for people to whine over.  If someone is a racist, they're a racist.  Saying a word doesn't turn you into one anymore than not saying it proves you are not.  I can't just walk out into the open, scream "Nigga" and a bolt of lightning transforms me into a neo nazi with a klan hood on.  If it worked like that, everyone would go around saying,"I'm Rich" all day..............and the number of people getting struck by lightning would become a problem for a while, then it would fizzle out.

As that one poster goes,"I've offended you?  Tell me.  How does it feel to be so weak that mere words hurt you?"  People who want to bark over a word are acting like trained dogs.....................and if you want to find the TRUE offender, find out who trained them.

Just so this doesn't go any longer, don't sweat 'em and especially not people on SRK.  You know who and what you are better than anyone else.  If you run into anymore situations like this, ask yourself this:  "Would Deadly spam the gif over this or not?"  You probably won't get an answer, but you'll probably laugh it off.

Posted (edited)

it's a shame I'm only just now catching up on LA by Night season 1...*after* watching the latest season... this has really been scratching that itch for a new vampire show....haven't had anything truly satisfying in that regard since V-Wars, which of course no one cared about but me.  

It would be nice if the actors did more physical performances with sets and props, etc. like more of a tv show... (it's basically a live-streamed table-top RPG session with actors/players "performing" their character that way) currently they only do that for these ending segments on each episode.

niiiice...that "Corrosive Vitae" power seems so cool... "Nelli G" uses it quite often; basically makes her blood highly acidic....comes in handy to melt locks off doors or melt and corrode any weapons your enemy is using.

Edited by MillionX

Oh god.  I got roped back into SRK1's noise.  I figure things would ramp up closing in on the election, but I wasn't expecting to get called back into the fray.  Looks like I should down again the wizard's wares.  The salt will flow again as it did in the old days.