Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

it's a strange thing...but I think Ariana Grande is yet another fine celeb with a generally lame instagram.... I might actually unfollow that one. (*Mya was the previous one I dropped....still fine as hell; lame pics.).  All her pics are usually terrible quality, or some weird angle or videos that look like they were shot with a webcam from 1998. 

Then there's some that keep using whatever auto-airbrush filter that is.... I think Ashanti is one; I'd have to check again... but that's also unacceptable, imo... get outta heah with that ol "Smooth magazine" looking nonsense. 😒👎

I continue getting caught up on the old episodes of LA by Night…mainly on World of Darkness channel, but older seasons are on Geek & Sundry channel… the girl playing Suzanne was actually on True Blood in the later seasons…ha, from one vamp show to another for her…she looks even better now. I’m close to the end of season 3 ep. 5 now… anytime Suzanne and Vannevar are on the scene it’s absolute gold…those 2 are really having fun playing those characters. (and they’re apparently married in real life too)

…really, it would be tough to go up against these characters, actually… both Suzanne and Vannevar appear to be very old and thus very powerful vamps…she’s able to read minds and easily manipulate people (or other vamps), and as a “Ventrue” he more than likely has especially high levels of “Dominate” and Fortitude powers going on…as if that weren’t enough they also have Garrick (Tremere clan) and now Ib (+ 2 other Lasombra) as part of their “court”. Meanwhile, the main “good guy” characters here are all relatively younger, less powerful vamps. Realistically they wouldn’t stand much of a chance against this group.

Posted (edited)

Transformers Law:  Where there is a Starscream, there must be a ...

Skywarp and Thundercracker!
7 inch robot mode
Target Exclusive $60
It will be in stores in July!
(Doesnt it look like there is a blue jack o' lantern behind Thundercracker's head?)

H1TxaXk.jpg

753XkqQ.jpg

Edited by DangerousJ

so... apparently "Clarice" got renewed on CBS...I saw this bit of news on my facebook feed.... funny thing is I never even heard of that show.  I checked imdb....this thing has been on since 2012?!?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177268/

so for 8 years now I've been missing out on my baby Rebecca Breeds.... FINE ass little Aussie that played "Aurora" around Season 3 of The Originals!
Quick lore for the uninitiated since y'know I can't resist--- Aurora was one of the "trinity"---the first 3 humans turned into vampires from the "originals" Mikaelson siblings Niklaus, Rebecca and Elijah. (in Aurora's case, she kinda tricked Rebecca, if I recall...somehow got some of her blood and then later jumped out a castle window.)  They are naturally the strongest non-Mikaelson vampires in the world then.

One interesting thing about those flashbacks was seeing how it all came to be... since there was no precedent, the Mikaelsons themselves were unaware they could even turn people until the situation with these 3....they also weren't even aware of certain powers yet until this part of the story.

Posted (edited)

yep, I guess so.... ha, it's weird when I find out years later about shows like this that were off my radar for so long...the cost of  never watching CBS, I suppose.  That network is still branded as "the old people's channel" in my mind.  I still think of it as that network that you only watch if you happen to be someone's grandpa or grandma 😄

For a short time I was checking out Designated Survivor on there; that was some years ago....great concept (that show where JACK BAUER is now the President...as the "designated survivor" when a terrorist attack wiped the rest of them out!) for a show but I missed a few episodes, got further and further behind and never caught up.

...then even further back there was that reality/contest show "Survivor" back in 2001 or so; I watched that for a few seasons.  Other than that I haven't bothered with that network.

EDIT---I guess imdb is just wrong then... I keep seeing stuff that says this is a NEW thing

https://nerdist.com/article/silence-of-the-lambs-sequel-tv-show-clarice/

https://washington.cbslocal.com/2020/05/08/cbs-new-shows-queen-latifah-thomas-middleditch-rebecca-breeds/

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

Well, I gave "What We Do In the Shadows" a shot and watched the first episode....extremely skeptical going in.  Surprisingly I was indeed entertained, but really in a different way... the show is definitely funny; I'll probably keep watching it.  That 1 dude that's an "energy vampire"...that whole concept and people's reaction to him was great.  Still, I would prefer my vampire stories and games to be at least somewhat serious in tone...that would be the ideal thing.

I'm also still watching Vampire Diaries and Originals again...currently up to the part where they are trying to rescue Bonnie from the magical prison world, and Kai is the new main villain... that guy was one of the best villains in the show, imo.  

...eventually Kai would become one of the top tier categories on the show as a "heretic" (vampire/witch hybrid).... that would definitely be one of my choices of what to be in that world....to have the benefits of vampirism AND witchcraft on your side?  Sheeeittttt, that's too good.  Just some "basic" magical abilities they displayed on that show were invisibility, telekinetic/magic push/pull moves, and making things and people suddenly catch on fire.  They can also stop vamps and wolves in their tracks with some magical attack to their brain (like inciting a brain aneurysm over and over; it brings even the strongest vamps to their knees in pain)  They could also enchant their own jewelry and other objects (so you could make your own "daylight ring")

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

There was a short time in the '80s where robot toys that *weren't* Transformers were popular...and I was one of the spoiled kids that had a few... they were mostly made by a company called TOMY 

http://www.theoldrobots.com/tomybot.html

I had Verbot, Dingbot, Flipbot....and the big one-- Omnibot 2000:
https://omnibot.fandom.com/wiki/Omnibot_2000

Omnibot could play cassette tapes (*and pick up am/fm radio, I think..), and perform simple tasks issued by you via remote control.  It was one of the coolest toys a kid could have at the time.  Dingbot, and Flipbot were small and relatively cheap... Verbot was about mid-tier but Omnibot 2000 was a giant in terms of size and price....it still surprises me that the parents actually got me that (haha Dad didn't want to, but he was overruled by Mom and the grandparents...heh, he's still a little salty about that shit even today).

Edited by MillionX

3 hours ago, Angel said:

You've seen the og movie @MillionX for what we do in shadows right?

nah I haven't seen the movie yet.

Oddly enough I had a disappointing first impression of True Blood, as it was a bit more comical than what I was expecting....but that one was a mix of funny and serious stuff, so it came around to being one of my favorites of all time eventually.

On another note--- check the GRAPHICS, folks... holy shit 😮 (yeah I know...sadly this isn't a real game)