Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Posted (edited)

I'm just now realizing Joel Schumacher died yesterday. (he was even older than I thought; the guy was 80)  I have him to thank for The Lost Boys, which was the origin of my never-ending obsession with just about any vampire movies, shows and games.  

Words can't do it justice how much of an insane fan I am of that shit, as some of ya know by now.  As a kid I watched that movie (along with Fright Night) over and over again a crazy number of times, always imagining just how awesome it would be if I was a vampire like that, perhaps hanging with David and his crew of '80s rock band looking vamps.  I have the blu-ray now and STILL watch that shit on occasion.  Naturally I had the soundtrack too; still listen to the songs regularly.

Really, a million thanks, Mr. Schumacher. 

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

y'now, it just hit me that 1 thing I wouldn't like about being one of those Lost Boys vamps... sleeping upside down like a bat?  Hell nah, get outta here with that.  I'd be fine with just sleeping "normally".  Upside down in a cave also leaves one vulnerable, as Alex Winter's character found out the hard way...he was the one that got staked while sleeping.  

The smart defensive plan would either be the whole routine of sleeping in a coffin, hidden in a secret place  like you usually see vamps doing... I'd go the extra mile to have compelled servants around as personal security guards during the day. (*quick note---in World of Darkness lore, "ghouls" get some degree of the same powers from whatever vampire they are bonded to, which is even better.  If you're super-strong; they have some degree of superhuman strength too.  I'd definitely have several ghouls as security and for taking care of certain tasks during the day)

On another note.. here's Double Toasted crew analyzing the nuances of Grover vs. that Blue Guy...which one is the bigger asshole?  I'd agree "Blue Guy in a Suit" is the douchebag...

Edited by MillionX

Apparently Katy Keane got canceled... hahaha imagine how embarrassing that is... when you realize that of the family of CW shows...even *Batwoman* managed to outlast you.  🤣
yep...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/riverdale-spinoff-katy-keene-canceled-at-cw-1301718

Didn't seem like a thing that would appeal to any significant demographic, actually.  It's not supernatural or superhero related, and the main character just didn't appear to be that interesting, at least in my opinion.

There is completely random, but apparently I have Cherokee blood in my family. I always knew my great grandma on my mom's side of the family had some Native American heritage. I only met her once, when I was 7, but I always remember her sitting in a high back wooden chair and her straight black hair nearly reaching the floor. I'd never seen anyone with hair like that before so it stuck with me. My mom and aunt have been doing some digging at that's what the found. I'm curious of about how they found this out. I figured a Virginia based tribe like the Nottoway or Mattaponi would be the answer. My great grandma lived in Nottoway County, that's where my mom grew up, and that's were I spent the first 3 years of my life. I don't know...I have a sneaking suspicion they used one of those unreliable Ancestry tests. 🤔

that movie "Kissing Booth" on netflix showcases another pretty extreme case of deep Friend Zone status.... I just noticed a trailer for the sequel so I'm already looking forward to it of course.  Also, it looks like that fine ass girl from Legends of Tomorrow is on there; I forgot her name.. ah yes--Maisie Richardson-Sellers:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5114966/

^Delicious.  Ohhh and she was Rebekah Mikaelson for a minute on The Originals! I forgot about that. :rofl: (this is explained away by Rebekah getting body-swapped for a while; I forgot what the situation leading to that was....it actually makes sense in the lore of the show though; Niklaus has been at least 2 different people if I recall, and their mom Esther has also showed up in a "different body" before.)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MillionX said:

that movie "Kissing Booth" on netflix showcases another pretty extreme case of deep Friend Zone status.... I just noticed a trailer for the sequel so I'm already looking forward to it of course.  Also, it looks like that fine ass girl from Legends of Tomorrow is on there; I forgot her name.. ah yes--Maisie Richardson-Sellers:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5114966/

^Delicious.  Ohhh and she was Rebekah Mikaelson for a minute on The Originals! I forgot about that. :rofl: (this is explained away by Rebekah getting body-swapped for a while; I forgot what the situation leading to that was....it actually makes sense in the lore of the show though; Niklaus has been at least 2 different people if I recall, and their mom Esther has also showed up in a "different body" before.)

The kissing booth is an horrible movie that paints an abusive relationship as a lovey dovey good thing.

Edited by ZioSerpe
missed an o

checking those scenes once again... that "feeding frenzy" moment Michael gets to see was one of my favorites:

sheeeeitttt, I want to be part of David's vampire crew so bad as a kid

Posted (edited)

now that the Jada/Will thing has blown up even more, there's bound to be all kinds of juicy videos on youtube at the moment....I look forward to catching up on all that. hahaha I'm sure they really appreciate this side-piece son of a bitch blabbing about it publicly and thus forcing the whole situation being outed for everyone to know. 🤣

I saw Tommy Sotomayor had a livestream on this subject yesterday; unfortunately I missed the beginning and he was taking on some live call-ins.... I tend to not like that part of most shows though, because oftentimes it's filled with people who just aren't good at all "on the air", y'know...full of awkward silences or meandering without any real points, bad connections, etc.  I hate those segments on youtube shows about as much as when it happens on radio shows.

and yeah, like many other people… I’ve never heard of this August muthafucka until this story. …well, it definitely worked to get his name out there. Good play, dude 😄

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

This movie randomly came to mind recently... one of the first I remember seeing at least twice at a theater because I enjoyed it that much...

that cast was loaded up with The Greatest American Hero himself William Katt, "Norm from Cheers" George Wendt, and "Bull from Night Court" Richard Moll.

Surprisingly I actually don't have this on dvd or blu-ray (way back I had it on vhs though)....I'll have to correct that error and get this back into my collection.

trailers were kinda lame and forgettable back then, for the most part....but the Fright Night trailer was actually a good one...

^GOLD.

Edited by MillionX

Posted (edited)

hahahaha, so yes....actual pictures of Amber Heard's SHIT have emerged.  I've already seen 1 youtube video about it. Warning; like Prego it's in there, folks...😄

...hmm...that looks very dark...like *black* shit... maybe she should check with a doctor about that if it normally looks like that.

hahaha but this broad dropped a DEUCE on Depp's bed, man...  Amber Heard droppin' big ass turds

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/14/the-poop-that-ruined-johnny-depp-and-amber-heards-marriage/

Edited by MillionX

ok, there was some seriously silly nonsense in the old GI Joe cartoon, I'll admit it... and one scene just reminded me of this a few seconds ago.

Quick Kick. <-- this muthafucka right here, man... a constant strain on one's suspension of disbelief.  There was a scene where he's confronted by some Cobra soldiers.  QK DOESN'T have guns....the Cobra soldiers are shown with rifles.  Do they try to shoot him?  NOPE.  They don't even try.  He jumps down to attack, and they instead decide to rush him, waving the guns around at him like baseball bats.....instead of using guns the normal way.  Just like that....this is one of the funniest dumb shit I've *ever* seen on the show.  I always had a problem with Quick Kick just conceptually speaking, man.... why even make a character like that on this kind of show?  Both sides are using guns most of the time (*even though 80s censorship rules means they aren't allowed to actually hit any shots on a person)

but yeah that's what I've been watching for the past hour or so...they're still live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzPHtVqro8

haha ol' "Darksfadil" is suspended on twitch?!? so he's streaming on youtube right now... LSB has the re-stream going now....ohhhh this gonna be good..... 🍿 🤣

still tuning in for that GI Joe livestream on occasion...it always brings me right back to those good ol' days, despite the heavy censorship of that era...

I never gave much thought to this before, but I'd say my favorite characters overall were Dr. Mindbender, Destro and Stormshadow....heh, when I was first playing Quake 3 online "Stormshadow" was one of the names I liked to go on with.  On the "Joes" side the best were Snake Eyes and Sgt. Slaughter.... best girl was my honey Baroness; 2nd place was always close between Lady Jaye (always reminded me of a brown-haired Demi Moore) and Scarlett for me....then again, that was basically all the female characters right there... the only other one was that kinda punk-rock looking girl that was part of Zartan's crew but she was ugly, imo.

Oddly enough, though I watched this show all the time as a kid, I never had many of the toys... I had 2 action figures and that was it....one of which I found on a playground (a Cobra B.A.T.S.)

I still have the first and I think 2nd season of GI Joe on dvd, actually...probably one of my oldest dvd purchases; I remember first seeing it in ....probably it was a Tower Records (yeah, THAT long ago) and thinking---ohhhhhh yeah this is coming home with me asap.