Stage Select
DangerousJ

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Posted (edited)

it's been a while since I checked her channel... but she's back lately... and this movie might actually give Manos the Hands of Fate a run for the championship belt of bad movies!

holy crap I must see this.... I might need to own it, actually...

eye-candy sidenote---it features Whitney Moore... that's a common name sure but I looked it up and sure enough that's the same gorgeous blondie that plays Therese/Jeanette Vorman from L.A. by Night (Vampire the Masquerade tabletop game/podcast/show)

haha speaking of Manos—I probably won’t ever forget the day I showed that movie to Dad… he couldn’t stop laughing at that shit. It still cracks him up whenever I play Torgo’s theme music, which of course I have saved on my phone.

Edited by MillionX

There's a cool documentary on netflix I just noticed called High Score...it's really good stuff, starting off with lesser-known details like how this guy produced the sound effects for Donkey Kong way back in the day...there's also segments with people who were in the first Nintendo championship events, the guy who created Pacman, etc.  

Apparently the sound for Mario's footsteps in the original Donkey Kong were a bit of a mistake; he didn't intend for that particular end result but they went with that.

well, that 3rd episode though....WHAT in the hell, man?  It became more about that 1 dude being gay all of a sudden.  Eventually I didn't even bother to finish that episode; hopefully they're back on track in episode 4...

Edited by MillionX

hahaha, I’ve named some of my custom characters this before as a laugh, (the last one being a Diablo 3 witch doctor) turns out it’s an actual character in that franchise?! (I’ve never played these games)

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Turdak

😄

On another note---High Scores gets back on track with episode 4, though they skipped over Master System and went right to the story of Genesis and the creation of Sonic.

Back on my Vampire Diaries re-watch once again... season 7... now the super-hunter "Reyna Cruz" showed up late in the season.  I didn't like this character that much, actually...but at least on paper she is a legitimate threat:

• * "Extra lives" due to a magic ritual her tribe performed (I counted about 7 or 8 dudes that killed themselves, so she would live for at least 7 or 8x a normal person's lifespan)...
  • * Years of close-quarters combat training from her father who was 1 of the "brotherhood of 5" hunter group.
  • * The "Phoenix Sword" - vamps can't heal from wounds that are inflicted by this weapon.  Once "marked" by the wound... she will *always* know where you are....forever.  A killing blow also sends the vampire to a Hell dimension designed specifically for them.  Even if by some miracle you escape this personal Hell, it's possible to be haunted forever by occasional illusions related to it.  Damon, Stefan and Julian are the only characters known to have escaped it.
  • * Apparently some degree of superhuman strength.
  • She is also immune to magic...so presumably she can't be "compelled" by vamps (this happens early in a flashback, actually...but that was before the tribe ritual where she became this super hunter).  Ha, this character is ridiculous, man.

the actress who played Reyna was quite the cute one:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2244033/

Edited by MillionX

Well now the Dune trailer is out... and damn this looks cool, imo... I've said before this has a bit of an uphill battle though, since it is quite an old franchise... it's really just the older side of Gen-X and younger boomers that even remember it....I doubt anyone else has even heard of it

ok, Raised by Wolves (hbo) is that new hotness.  Holy shit that first episode... so many cool visuals...so much awesome shit happened....and the concept intrigued me right from the start.  I can't say enough good things about this greatness.  So far there's 5 episodes up.

Edited by MillionX

It would be interesting to see the results of a national poll on this important issue of preference that just hit me... sexiest "special" outfits:
Cheerleader Uniform vs. Schoolgirl Uniform.

It's quite a close call to me; basically a coin-flip, really.  At the moment I'd lean a bit more towards the cheerleader uniform being the winner.  A close 3rd place is the classic (*not the modern Gadot version) Wonder Woman outfit.  

Yeah, if Hell froze over and I was actually married to someone... one little *requirement* is that she must be open-minded about occasionally dressing up in certain outfits for me.  If she's not down with that, then she can kick rocks. 😄