Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

Yes. It's a very odd thing. Either it works for you or not.

for me, most of the sounds of inanimate objects are more effective than the speech aspect.

My main motivation is usually the girls lol.

Sometimes it does help me return to sleep if I wake up  too early 

28 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Throwback Thursday:

Since its Venom's 30th anniversary, lets look back at the first Venom figure I ever owned...

WITH SLIME!

I thought this was the coolest gimmick when I was 9 years old.

Did anyone else have this one?

Never saw this one before -- looks  pretty cool!  Shame it only comes out of one spot though.

cheh,

slime--- reminded me of Nickelodeon "Gak"... I had 2 canisters of it back then....if I recall it eventually dried out, sadly.

...watching another repeat tbs episode of Big Bang Theory... y'know, I'd be perfectly fine if the guys didn't even exist on this show.  I'm just here to see my honey Mayim (anytime, any place, girl) and the other cuties.  

*hmm... I wonder if it's part of the joke that the audience is supposed to pretend like Sheldon is straight...?

*another old toy that came to mind--- "wacky wall-walkers"... these were rubbery octopus-shaped things that you throw against a window or wall, and as gravity takes over it slowly "walks" down the wall.... I used to love the smell of those when they were new.... I only saw them as a prize inside cereal boxes though....never sold normally in a store.

Edited by MillionX
boogers can speak mandarin and I saw a fart pickles toaster.

Once again Phil gripes about "the goddamn tax situation" (back-taxes from 2014 - 2016 he mentions)... I wonder how does this situation of owing tax ever surprise anyone?  It's definitely not an "out of nowhere!" kind of thing.  How is any "working" adult ever genuinely surprised by that shit?

Also funny he supposedly *still* doesn't know what the amounts are...and his fans probably believe that shit....this is quite amazing :lol:  (another amusing thing---basically his income was up for 2017...so now he owes even more....so now he's asking for more help from the fans of course)

Edited by MillionX

I just rewatched Thor Ragnarok on bluray.

1) IF a new He-man and Masters of the Universe movie was made, Taika Waititi would be perfect for it

2)When Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) shows up in her original costume and uses the chaingun, I was like 

"SKEET SKEET!"

I'd eat the ass, even though Im not into that lol.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@DangerousJ How extensive is your collection of Transformers?

I have  around 90.

I've been collecting the Classics/Generations line since Fall 2006

(Million posted about them on OG SRK way back,so blame him lol )  

When I was little , I had about 35 G1 toys , but I lost them all due to hurricane damage.

I briefly bought a handful in 2001 from the RID 2001 line, but stopped again.

Since this current line shows no sign of stopping, I jjust kept getting them. 

I dont buy all, but the ones Im interested in and more Decepticons than Autobots.

Most of these pictures I post are from a site called TFW2005 from other people's collections or google search.

In my usual random youtube surfing I found this ranking of 100 strongest Vampire Diaries characters... I'm not sure I would make a whole list of 100 for that, even though it was 8 seasons, but here it is... interesting; not much I take issue with on this, actually... even though I'd prefer the Mikaelsons be rated even higher, there *are* some characters that are higher than them on the power-scale...

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I never really followed either show, but I was under the impression that The Originals was a spin off of The Vamprie Diaries

It is. But a lot of these characters only appeared on The Originals, so they couldnt possibly be part of TVD's strongest characters list.

yeah they probably should've titled it something like "Vampire Diaries/Originals" since it includes characters from the other show... I also would've preferred it be like other countdown vids where there's actual commentary on reasons for each rank, though I realize that would make for a longer video.

sheeeeit, now I'm craving a ranking/tier list for Supernatural... I'm sure people have made vids on that too... time for another search... I'm a few seasons behind on it though.

sheeeeit, I should've known it was Bruno yet again... the dude has been on a roll for quite some time, man.... he perfectly captured that early 90s style with Finesse.... Ear Delicious, goddamn...  haha bonus cool points for using what looks like the exact In Living Color set!  Bruhhhhhh the memories this brings back...

Edited by MillionX

that girl that was the youtube shooter... she is another one of those people that looks like an alien to me... like if the actual "E.T." from the Spielberg movie abducted a human woman and mated...she looks like the offspring of that.  

sheeeeit, I was watching an older episode of Vampire Diaries yet again earlier today... it doesn't appear that I will ever get tired of that or Originals....it was season 3, episode 21, when Niklaus was in full on supervillain mode...but he wasn't the only villain they had to deal with at the time...besides him they also had Esther Mikaelson and "evil-mode" Alaric to worry about who were just as dangerous.  That show, man... words don't do it justice, imo.  I already miss those days when it was new, and I was eagerly anticipating what was going to happen on the next week's episode. 

Yeah, thinking about it more now... I can definitely say this has been one of my favorite shows of all time, man.  They did such a great job with the lore and general "rules" of vampirism and lycanthropy, had a fascinating origin story at least for the vamps as a species... and of course they delivered on the incredible TnA/eye-candy as CW always does.  It scored high on all fronts.

Edited by MillionX

For those who DON"T like Rodimus Prime, here's something sad or funny.

Marvel US Transformers #67  

For those who suspect that Rodimus would’ve led the Autobots straight to ruin, one issue of the Transformers comics explored an alternate reality where that pretty much happened.

In this divergent dimension, Unicron ate Cybertron, leaving the Decepticons to conquer the Earth and kill most of the Autobots.

rodimus1.jpg

Aah but that isnt any old building that Rodimus is tied to....

uk298twin_orig.jpg

The World Trade Center!

This story was publshed around 1990 or 1991, predating the real WTC attack by 10 years.

While the caption states it is an alternate reality 2009, some conspiracy theorists claimed it predicted 9/11.

sheeeeit, I love the CW Vampire/Originals universe so much, I've actually had a dream or 2 about being a character in that world....it was awesome, man. (*in the dream, I was a trusted friend of the Mikaelson family... Klaus was temporarily insane and in a murderous rage; I had to help the other siblings deal with him)

I was at a Best Buy today and saw a glorious 82-inch screen television.... holy shit it was gorgeous... it's a shame I don't really have the space to properly accommodate such a wonderful hell-beast of a tv.  It was around $3,000+ though.  When I upgrade it will most likely be a 65-inch screen UHD and all that jazz.

56 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

You've come a long way, Sludge...

26295958097_29b0938f6a_c.jpg

40272410155_018d3a0f32_c.jpg

I don't often complain about the upgrade designs, but this sludge one looks like they could've done better.  I just don't much like the front legs and the chrome look.  Give him some more iron or steel appearance and I'm happy.  I don't hate it mind you, I just think it could've been  better.

Funny Names:

_Chris Gethard

It's pronounced Geth-erd, but c'mon. you know you pronounced it Get hard when you saw it 

At least his parents didnt name him Richard.

Cory Barlog

This guy is the main developer of God of War.

Nothing hilarious but after hearing the announcer for SF2 pronounce Balrog as "Barlog", it make me chuckle.

Jack Abramoff

A lobbyist in a scandal in the early 2000's 

Airwrecka McBride

If her parents named her "homewrecka", she could have worked at Moe's Mexican Grill

SPEED WEED

This is a writer/producer whose name I saw on some Law and Order SVU episodes.

Maybe hes Martian's roommate?

Harry Hole

This is a fictional character that Michael Fassbender played in a movie called "The Snowman" from a Norwegian author 's crime novel series.

Unless the pronunciation is different in Norwegian, I'm cracking up.

Krystal Ball

An MSNBC host

Dick Butkus

Former NFL player

yeah, years ago when that name JACK ABRAMOFF kept getting mentioned in the news and current events... it amazed me that I was seemingly the only person laughing at that name....an "emperor's new clothes" moment where I kept thinking---NO ONE ELSE sees the hilarity in this name?  No one?!  

That and the name of the condition ASPERGER'S.... those things remind me that at least in those situations, I couldn't be a new reporter live on the air because I could not stop laughing at that shit...they'd have to quickly go to commercial while I struggle to get it together.

That snarl is great.  :+1:  Gonna have to ask for some links so that I may acquire one for myself.

OMG.  These fuckers are looking at a mutant alien from Tameran who's very powers are tied to her feels, but let's just put in a black chick who we won't even try to make look like the character because:  Diversity.

KuTyuw9.gif

This shit writes itself better than they can.

6 hours ago, misterBee said:

They're trying to prevent her from being yet another white girl in Spandex for this version.  I don't really mind that.

I can't really understand what happened to the costume and hair though...it's...so ugly. D:

When the casting was announced, I defended it. Starfire has orange skin. It didn't matter what the ethnicity of the actress was. My biggest issue was the actress being a decade older than Robin's actor. However I wrongfully assumed that they make her orange. Reminds me of Domino in Deadpool 2, if Super Power Beat Down could make an accurate live action Domino, why can't Hollywood do the same for Starfire and Domino.