Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

I have very plain taste when it comes to a lot of foods...  no spicy or "unusual" flavors for me.... 

Doritos? =  regular version only, nothing else.

any brand potato chips = regular.  The only exception is lately I will occasionally get the "mesquite bbq" version of the Lays Stax (*Lays' version of Pringles style canned chips)...that mesquite bbq flavor is the shit, man.

My aforementioned "Bugles" = regular only....none of that "cool ranch" or other shit, hell naw.

The thing that is even more strange to most people is when I mention being this way with burgers too... at least when I was a kid.  I'd only go for a plain cheeseburger....not 1 condiment was allowed on it....especially pickles or mustard; the shit was absolutely ruined for me if it had either of those vile things on there.  Towards the end of high school and in college years, I finally got less strict on this issue....like now I'll get lettuce and tomato (but only 1, maybe 2 slices at the most)...and onion and ketchup is allowable too.  Pickles are still disgusting to me though....but at least now I will just pick that shit off and still eat the burger....when I was a kid, if the pickle slice was on there, I no longer wanted the burger.  Mustard is the same deal--- now I will just wipe that nonsense off and still eat the burger.  edit--and bacon too... that Wendy's Baconator is THE SHIT, man (excluding the mayo).

Chicken = spicy hot is also some nonsense to me... I only accept mild/regular.

Edited by MillionX

Have you guys ever been to San Francisco? I was there this past weekend and it was the tits mcgee! It was my second time there and we were better organized so things flowed a lot better. One thing that really stood out was the fact that street vendors would try to sell you joints and alcohol at the park and the cops didn't really give a fuck.

Edited by Pastrami
3 hours ago, Pastrami said:

Have you guys ever been to San Francisco? I was there this past weekend and it was the tits mcgee! It was my second time there and we were better organized so things flowed a lot better. One thing that really stood out was the fact that street vendors would try to sell you joints and alcohol at the park and the cops didn't really give a fuck.

I remember being there a long time ago.  When I was in Navy "A" school, there was a ferry that went from  basically our front door to Fisherman's Wharf.  This was back before the seals would snatch up unsuspecting tourists.  

FYI:  I know that this wasn't Fisherman's Wharf, but laugh anyway.  

Someone posted a thread on OG SRK about Facebook and I was wondering if you folks use social media, which ones, and why or why not?

Facebook - I have one, but I havent used it in like 6 years. I keep it bc a handful of programs need it for login.

Twitter - never used it

Instagram - Some hoes on online dating put their screen name and I signed up and made an account, but soon realized that they just want mindless thirsty guys to praise them and not really talk or date them. I stopped using it.

snapchat - Same story as above.  Plus, the interface is too weird for a oldskool guy like me.

Yelp - I like this because I can just write a silly review about a restaurant and take pictures of stuff.  I only have 20 "friends" on there, but those people are people who dont know me in real life and I usually dont have to get messages or annoying crap from them. Its a fun platform that is not as invasive and easy to use on cellphone or computer imo.

You can cuss on there too and sometimes some folks write some funny reviews.

I use Facebook because it's the best way to keep in touch with friends and family.  Especially since I lived in Hong Kong for 6 years and it was the main way to communicate to anyone in the US for me.

I use Twitter because that's the most current/best network to use to reach people.

I use Instagram to post photos and art.  All my instagram stuff is mirrored on Twitter and FB.

If you want to have exposure/show works to other people besides your immediate friends and family, social network presence isn't optional - it's a must.

1 minute ago, DangerousJ said:

Someone posted a thread on OG SRK about Facebook and I was wondering if you folks use social media, which ones, and why or why not?

Facebook - I have one, but I havent used it in like 6 years. I keep it bc a handful of programs need it for login.

Twitter - never used it

Instagram - Some hoes on online dating put their screen name and I signed up and made an account, but soon realized that they just want mindless thirsty guys to praise them and not really talk or date them. I stopped using it.

snapchat - Same story as above.  Plus, the interface is too weird for a oldskool guy like me.

Yelp - I like this because I can just write a silly review about a restaurant and take pictures of stuff.  I only have 20 "friends" on there, but those people are people who dont know me in real life and I usually dont have to get messages or annoying crap from them. Its a fun platform that is not as invasive and easy to use on cellphone or computer imo.

You can cuss on there too and sometimes some folks write some funny reviews.

I have a facebook, but I only ever go there when someone's birthday pops up on the radar.

I've got a twitter, but I haven't used it in years.  Not even sure if it's active anymore.

I want to say I have a pinterest, but don't quote me on that.  Ironically, most of the things that I find and like to buy do appear on there first, which means that in my opinion, it is well named and does what I want, if not what it was made for.  

I never really saw the point of Instagram.  If I wanted pictures of Thots, I can literally type that in and have a screen full of questionable content in a blink.  Speaking of which.............................

image.png

....................Literally typed thot into bing.  

I know businesses/actors/musicians/artists probably get the most value out of social media, but I guess Im too old fashioned or too private to benefit.

I probably put the most info about myself in online dating, but so many people ,ironically, hide a lot of stuff about themselves on there, whereas with Facebook you know someones life story from conception to death.

I deleted Facebook years back...I have no need for it as it was a way for those I thought were my friends were merely continuing the popularity contest that to them wanted to never end. After deleting it, it proved that none of them really wanted to keep in touch. 

I have no use for Instagram and twitter or anything else. IF I ever have to use it, it would be for business use in the future and nothing more. I don't want my life to be an open book to everyone. While I never feel I have anything to hide, I always value the right to one's privacy. 

only most used would be Youtube and that I will use for also business and entertainment here and there. 

I have a facebook page but I've grown to hate that garbage.... only logging in at this point to keep tabs on certain cute celebs or game companies I care about (like the devs of Vampyr, and that company behind Gears still posts stuff about Gears 4 on theirs)  As I've mentioned before, I hate it when I or anyone else has to be censored...which is precisely the problem with FB.  To be generally safe in today's social/political climate... people have no choice but to pretend to be a Mr. Rogers "perfect person"....only making "safe" and acceptable comments about a very narrow range of topics and posts...

I don't have an instagram page myself...but I still use it to keep tabs of various hot celebs there....kinda odd and annoying that there's a special thing you have to do to save pics there unlike any other site. (*either screenshot it or "view page source" and go to the actual .jpg link)  I use Twitter to keep tabs on certain things too, but less often.

...the other social media apps/sites....are straight up trash or just seemingly pointless, imo.  Why use those when that trinity of FB/Twitter/Instagram basically has everything covered already?

ah, Double Toasted has their thoughts on the Venom trailer here... (bonus appearance by the lovely Danielle!  Yeah I'd pounce that without hesitation..something is off with that new hairdo though; normally she looks better)

Edited by MillionX

oh lordy YESSSSSSS... Melissa B. is PRIME TIME white meat yes yes... and doing the ASMR thing in this vid?!  Hell yeah it's like a Christmas present out of nowhere to me....I might need to save that to The Collection asap.  She could have it her way like Burger King, any time, any place.

ohh and look at that gorgeous smile... woo yes that girl is somethin' else  😓

Edited by MillionX

^HELL YEAH I need THAT!!!!  I think I said it before but Blitzwing was one of my favorites, and one of the only Transformers I still have.  I was also hyped to see him as a boss fight in that Transformers Devastation game (*THE game for fans of classic Transformers designs, not the modern Bay-era trash.)  Sheeeeit, just talking about it makes me want to play that game again...

I just realized the Originals AfterShow is still a thing... I actually forgot about the Afterbuzz channel and haven't checked it in months (and oh yes the lovely Roxy Striar is back hosting..  I'd eat)

Funny Florida City Names:

Wimauma  (pronounced "Why mama?")

Longwood (GIggity!)

Dogtown  (Ruff!) 🐶

Doctor's inlet

Two Egg  (Sunny side up?)

Bagdad  (No H lol)

Niceville

Couch 

Mayo

Spuds

Withlacoochie  (pre or post op?)

ohoooo yeah...I forgot to mention earlier that the mysterious Phantom Shitter struck yet again today at work.... I heard about it from one of the cleaning service people... I just hate that I haven't actually seen the shit personally.  Yeah, it would make it even funnier to me if I saw it.  Apparently I didn't notice or had just missed it, since I went to that floor early in the morning and notice the HR Administrator and 2 other "VIPs" in the hallway talking... that's probably why they were over there.

...there's so many questions.... like now I'm wondering if it's done out of anger, or if it's just someone that happens to have the same nasty, admittedly childish sense of humor I have...actually, it would be quite the challenge to actually be one of those VIPs standing there trying to sort this out with HR...because the whole time I'd be trying not to crack up laughing. 🤣

Edited by MillionX

I'm so annoyed right now. I want to know how you have an undercover cop come into a gas station filled with like 50 people and somehow she ignores every single one of them to come up to me and ask if I had any weed to sell. I'm just standing there like "lady how stupid does one have to be for them not to know you're a cop?"  Seems brothas can't break a stereotype no matter what he's wearing.

8 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Random but has anyone actually ordered or bought something to compared items only to return it afterwards? Simply put I bought two items on Amazon since I cannot find them in a random store to compare and I plan to return the one I won't keep. is it odd to do so?

I haven't but my mom did once with 2 pairs of shoes. I dont really see any issue imo.

You've come a long way, Blitzwing.....

40711709885_9112ab118f_c.jpg

41563102912_0462b1061b_c.jpg

41563101182_16802e6feb_c.jpg

Y'know, one thing I find irritating is how guys always get the blame for not being a big hit with the ladies... like anything and everything bad is always "eh that's YOUR fault, dude.."....yeahhhhh go suck a thousand HIV-infested dicks.  

Flip that around--let's say I'm trying to recommend a certain female friend to someone...on paper she has it all going in terms of everything EXCEPT the very critical issue of looks...she's smart and has a winning personality, she has a stable job making some nice money; all around she's good....annnd then I tell ya she weighs 278 lbs....or I say she looks like Craig Mack with a wig.  Naturally she's going to be friend-zoned at best...maybe even laughed at to her face.   Now--- doesn't it sound at least a bit silly to say it's always her fault things don't work out?  No---she isn't considered attractive by most and that's just it.  Perhaps weight isn't a good example because you can work out and lose some pounds....but when people simply are not attracted to ya....I don't see that as being the fault of that person.  There is nothing you could have done or said to significantly change that situation if they genuinely are not attracted.  Think about that for a second---is there anything that Gabby Siddebe could do to suddenly make you think of her as someone that is on Salma Hayek's level?  Nope.  

But whatever, everything bad is always the guy's fault, right?  Sure.  Women have quite the enviable position in the modern western world---they hold the golden power of veto in this man/woman thing... they hold all the cards... they call the shots....and they have a long list of demands yet are NOT expected to bring anything to the table themselves.....and they are never blamed for anything...and they can do outright evil shit and always be given the benefit of doubt, always be forgiven, or treated with kid-gloves in court, they can destroy lives based on the power of their words alone (even if it's well over a decade later), literally get away with murder, etc. etc.  In various tv shows and commercials, they get to be represented as the know-it-all character that cannot possibly be wrong for even 2 seconds about anything (while the man is portrayed to be the dumb, lesser creature that probably wouldn't survive without her help)

*Think about it this way and you may get an even clearer view of my feelings on these kinda things---imagine back to your days in elementary school... let's say that for no apparent reason, the teacher is nice to only the kids on that other side of the room.  She hates you and the other kids on this side of the room.  Other side gets all the special treatment, they aren't expected to do any hard classwork/homework... and they can do the same shit your side does but they never get in trouble for it.  Hell, they don't even have to show up for class if they don't want to....or if they show up 45 minutes late that's ok too.  They can also get violent with you and that's perfectly fine with the Teacher.  There's never any logical explanation for why the other side of the room gets this special treatment, it's just the way it is and you're supposed to "deal wit it, bruh."---- you even get shouted down or insulted whenever you bring it up any aspect of this absurd situation.

5 hours ago, MillionX said:

snip

Yup.

in all honesty even though you say women hold all the cards mean are the ones who play them on other men the most. Its a shallow world. Dudes and gals busting there asses teaching the kids of america so they can be something while pewople can get paid to look pretty and sit in a mansion ( real talk fuck profesional modeling and how it pays so much). Its no surprise relationships are the way they are if we live in a world like this. Most women can be bought. Ill always stick with that thought no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Which sucks, since most girls who can be bought suck balls personality wise and the gals that cant get shunned, especially if they have a flaw or two. 

20 hours ago, Makrow said:

I'm so annoyed right now. I want to know how you have an undercover cop come into a gas station filled with like 50 people and somehow she ignores every single one of them to come up to me and ask if I had any weed to sell. I'm just standing there like "lady how stupid does one have to be for them not to know you're a cop?"  Seems brothas can't break a stereotype no matter what he's wearing.

LOL.  That bitch just wanted dark meat.  You should've put her out there and said,"Hey yo.  Anybody got any weed to sell to this lady?"  That would've fucked her shit all up.

10 hours ago, MillionX said:

Y'know, one thing I find irritating is how guys always get the blame for not being a big hit with the ladies... like anything and everything bad is always "eh that's YOUR fault, dude.."....yeahhhhh go suck a thousand HIV-infested dicks.  

Flip that around--let's say I'm trying to recommend a certain female friend to someone...on paper she has it all going in terms of everything EXCEPT the very critical issue of looks...she's smart and has a winning personality, she has a stable job making some nice money; all around she's good....annnd then I tell ya she weighs 278 lbs....or I say she looks like Craig Mack with a wig.  Naturally she's going to be friend-zoned at best...maybe even laughed at to her face.   Now--- doesn't it sound at least a bit silly to say it's always her fault things don't work out?  No---she isn't considered attractive by most and that's just it.  Perhaps weight isn't a good example because you can work out and lose some pounds....but when people simply are not attracted to ya....I don't see that as being the fault of that person.  There is nothing you could have done or said to significantly change that situation if they genuinely are not attracted.  Think about that for a second---is there anything that Gabby Siddebe could do to suddenly make you think of her as someone that is on Salma Hayek's level?  Nope.  

But whatever, everything bad is always the guy's fault, right?  Sure.  Women have quite the enviable position in the modern western world---they hold the golden power of veto in this man/woman thing... they hold all the cards... they call the shots....and they have a long list of demands yet are NOT expected to bring anything to the table themselves.....and they are never blamed for anything...and they can do outright evil shit and always be given the benefit of doubt, always be forgiven, or treated with kid-gloves in court, they can destroy lives based on the power of their words alone (even if it's well over a decade later), literally get away with murder, etc. etc.  In various tv shows and commercials, they get to be represented as the know-it-all character that cannot possibly be wrong for even 2 seconds about anything (while the man is portrayed to be the dumb, lesser creature that probably wouldn't survive without her help)

*Think about it this way and you may get an even clearer view of my feelings on these kinda things---imagine back to your days in elementary school... let's say that for no apparent reason, the teacher is nice to only the kids on that other side of the room.  She hates you and the other kids on this side of the room.  Other side gets all the special treatment, they aren't expected to do any hard classwork/homework... and they can do the same shit your side does but they never get in trouble for it.  Hell, they don't even have to show up for class if they don't want to....or if they show up 45 minutes late that's ok too.  They can also get violent with you and that's perfectly fine with the Teacher.  There's never any logical explanation for why the other side of the room gets this special treatment, it's just the way it is and you're supposed to "deal wit it, bruh."---- you even get shouted down or insulted whenever you bring it up any aspect of this absurd situation.

You've listed a well written out reason as to why I don't bother with them and much of society as well.  It does, however, give me plenty of opportunity to practice firing off retorts and insults.  

Her:"men ain't nothing but dogs."

Me:  "IYou really need to stop having sex with animals.  It just sounds disturbing and just plain old wrong."

7 hours ago, AYO?! said:

Nothing much, picked up Bronchitis for a bit, decided to support this place out after AP and I talked. Also missed forum posting in some capacity.

So the usual with more dying.

Damn yo.  Didn't that happen to you before as well?  Get better soon man.  You don't want to miss the future do ya?