Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

i think this is the final form.

Finally got around to watching this. This is stand-up refined and forged into Something amazing. 

I’m not really a big bill burr fan, but the dude said some real shit. Spoke his mind and Made a lot of people laugh, a lot of people fucking pissed, and I hope it made a lot of people think. 

This was amazing 

I don't know if it'll be shut down. The interesting thing to me about this situation is the defense being played.

It sort of makes no sense to me. It's the weirdest hill to die. Leads me to believe that there is something more behind the decision than "you should've kept it to PMs"; of course ignoring the fact that I made a post before I quit about why I was doing it.

Mad weird all in all.

🤔

I am surprised SRK made it this long. Odd too they want to keep it afloat when people where offering to buy the whole site/forums. 

Yes I know people where trying to buy off the forums to keep it up, I almost convince someone with the money to do just that. 
They even offered to pay for any remaining bills for server use. 

Heads of SRK chose a really odd hill to die on. 

The funny thing is that replacing SRK wouldnt be hard. The bigged thing SRK has for it is the large legacy repository of niche information.

But you could get a team of people to write a wiki from the ground up, with all of the info in character subforums and replace it in two/three years time.

I wanna say tech talk had the most amount of unique information stored in it. So as long as you download that subsection and make a wiki, a lot of the forum is basically there for historical info.

I mean, fuck, SRK front page got beat up by eventhubs. 

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I mean, fuck, SRK front page got beat up by eventhubs. 

Because fucking they sleep instead of being proactive. All SRK needed was a small circle of writers and contributors, hell I am sure you can get that work done for free if you asked nice. The hell what I am saying, that's out of character for the Evo higher ups. Cullar too busy spending FGC money on a Evo shaped hot tub, the owner of the forums is fuck who knows where and there no clear indicator who the flying fuck is actually running shit. 

Looks like when exposed, SRK shunk hella fast. 

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I wanna say tech talk had the most amount of unique information stored in it. So as long as you download that subsection and make a wiki, a lot of the forum is basically there for historical info.

I started my hand at some of it, I admit it's too much work for just myself to do. Snag the one of the guides I written (the What stick to buy guide) and the finer points of the RJ45 guide. Rewriting the Dual Mod guide as the old one is difficult reading. It reads like you are trying to teach someone how to ride a bike by teaching them how to crawl first, and the descriptions used hurts my head.

Well Fuck. 

Who wants to tackle the Newbie Dojo? 

Have any of you gone to movie theaters recently? I'm just now finding out the movie theater by me is open. It's one of the "good" ones with button-reclining seats and the whole nine. I've heard here and there that the movie theaters have been good with their practices. Can any of you attest to that? Thinking about going to see Tenet.

Edited by axeman61
3 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Have any of you gone to movie theaters recently? I'm just now finding out the movie theater by me is open. It's one of the "good" ones with button-reclining seats and the whole nine. I've heard here and there that the movie theaters have been good with their practices. Can any of you attest to that? Thinking about going to see Tenet.

Where do you live?

ngl going to a movie theater seems like a pretty bad idea at the moment.  2 hours of fun vs getting COVID -- risk doesn't seem worth it.

I saw New Mutants 2 weeks ago (The movie opened August 25 so it was 1 month after release)

It was my local AMC.h

There were only 3 people there seeing the film.

I wore my mask the whole time as did the other customers.The employees wore masks. 

It was a ghost town because usually on Saturday evenings there are like 100 plus cars in the parking lot and there were only 15.

I don't know how busy your area is so I would try to go on a off peak time to see.

My cinema is a 20,but since there are only a handful of new releases, they have showing random older films to get it to 12 or so different films.

Ex - Empirical strikes back, Jurassic Park, Hocus Pocus etc with Tenet, New Mutants etc

I skimmed through a few things shown here on the subject of SRK. 

A lot of people have been there for ages, even during the glory days of CVS2 and MVC2. 
It's pretty gruesome and saddening. It's so damn dark. 

Just to go over a few things... what caused this? I am aware that there was some drama taking place but I didn't think it would be on *this* level. 
However, I have to consider all the events happening throughout 2020 and EVO. 

Anyone can PM me on the subject if they wish not to speak on it. 

I just legitimately hope everyone is okay... Along with their friends and families. After all, the majority of us are just folks who like playing some damn fighting games for entertainment value and may/may not go to tournaments. 

... Some people may believe that my choice of words are a tad corny. Sorry if I come across as such. But, with all this ridiculousness going on between real life and our own hobbies, you can't help be a tad shaken up by the whole thing. 

Just now, Sonero said:

Preppy sent me some heinous nonsense after I told him my mother was dying (comparing my mother's cancer to SRK). d3v defended him on it, is still defending him and then banned me because I put pressure on him publicly to address it.

... I'm sorry... 

I wish you and mother well. I understand exactly where you are coming from. I wish you and your family well. 

I really do hope everything turns out okay. And, I am sorry you had to put up with that.

1 minute ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I wish you and mother well.

My mother passed away two weeks ago but thank you.

You'd have to browse the GD lounge to get the full story on how it unrolled. Preppy so far has claimed that I harassed (which I didn't; as a matter of fact I never mentioned him pubicly).  d3v claims  I didn't keep drama in PMs where it should've stayed (even though I left a post when I quit explaining why, all I did was come back to and stay in public becuase d3v was in that PM convo and didn't do anything about it). d3v also claimed I "rallied people to leave/SRK support" (I did neither, vhozite and darc_requiem were the ones who got fed up with it, I was just happy quitting the whole thing, I didn't tell anybody to leave the site).

Go dunk on d3v all you want now though. If you need the PMs, Preppy posted them publicly and then retracted it (which is why people know both he and d3v are full of it) but if you want to read the heinous stuff, lemme know.

3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

My mother passed away two weeks ago but thank you.

You'd have to browse the GD lounge to get the full story on how it unrolled. Preppy so far has claimed that I harassed (which I didn't; as a matter of fact I never mentioned him pubicly).  d3v claims  I didn't keep drama in PMs where it should've stayed (even though I left a post when I quit explaining why, all I did was come back to and stay in public becuase d3v was in that PM convo and didn't do anything about it). d3v also claimed I "rallied people to leave/SRK support" (I did neither, vhozite and darc_requiem were the ones who got fed up with it, I was just happy quitting the whole thing, I didn't tell anybody to leave the site).

Go dunk on d3v all you want now though. If you need the PMs, Preppy posted them publicly and then retracted it (which is why people know both he and d3v are full of it) but if you want to read the heinous stuff, lemme know.

Yes... please forgive us for bringing the subject up. 
It makes me thankful that I transitioned here myself. 
I lost a loved one just this last year under similar circumstance. One I had very fond memories with and indirectly responsible for the hobbies and such that I pursue now. 
So, I know exactly where you are coming from. 

One thing you need to understand is that you, along with your family and associates are greatly appreciated. 

So it might be obvious,

but if you're in contact with people who were formerly active on SRK but quit due to -many things- (mostly Wiz and Discourse forums), spread the word to them that there's a legitimate replacement for SRK forums here at Megashock. I'm fine if the SRK forums are locked, as without some upgrades it's not worth saving.

The Wiki, however.... please, let's not re-make that entire damn thing.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

d3v also claimed I "rallied people to leave/SRK support" (I did neither, vhozite and darc_requiem were the ones who got fed up with it, I was just happy quitting the whole thing, I didn't tell anybody to leave the site).

What got me to leave is the fucking uppity attitude Preppy had, and how he "went" public like its no thing. 
it got me to take a hard look at SRK and reevaluate the whole forums. 

2 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I love how often this keeps getting said.

Because before SRK died and was reborn, people offered up a million things they would do to keep the forums open. They also talked at length about all the different things they wanted back.

StuartHayden had a long ass list of things he'd like and he'd pay premium for (on top of a bunch of other people cosigning it). What did we get instead? God forbid we talk about the dropped ball there and the people responsible for it.

maybe they could be bigger, maybe not, they feel good right now. Either way its on that long list of random ish that I had no control over, no way to fix and nobody to talk to for all purposes. Always felt ass as a mod to hear the complaints and know I couldn't do anything to help the situation.

>But you could just reach out to wiz in IRC.

The dude literally logged in one time after the transition and then never logged back in until a bit after april to ban me over the April's fool joke.  2 freaking years without logging in but yeah sure whateves.

Edited by Sonero
Add extra salt
3 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Because before SRK died and was reborn, people offered up a million things they would do to keep the forums open.

Talks about everything from Premium, a tier premium and even sending donations. 
You think if bills was a problem, and people offering money that you take the money.

But na, lets migrate to the worst forum software made by people who hate forums and offer nothing people are offering cash money for.