Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread

10 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I love how often this keeps getting said.

You guys are so shook by these avatars.  If I had made them any bigger you guys would probably start having seizures.

I never knew how good SRK had it long ago until recently. Yes I signed up here 2 year ago but I STILL took it for granted. Simply put, you're doing God's work 🙏

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Because before SRK died and was reborn, people offered up a million things they would do to keep the forums open. They also talked at length about all the different things they wanted back.

StuartHayden had a long ass list of things he'd like and he'd pay premium for (on top of a bunch of other people cosigning it). What did we get instead? God forbid we talk about the dropped ball there and the people responsible for it.

maybe they could be bigger, maybe not, they feel good right now. Either way its on that long list of random ish that I had no control over, no way to fix and nobody to talk to for all purposes. Always felt ass as a mod to hear the complaints and know I couldn't do anything to help the situation.

>But you could just reach out to wiz in IRC.

The dude literally logged in one time after the transition and then never logged back in until a bit after april to ban me over the April's fool joke.  2 freaking years without logging in but yeah sure whateves.

I would never understand why they removed premium.

With each update to the software we kept losing perks, and then, boom, bye bye premium.

I know that part of the reason was because they wanted to make srk kiddy friendly for the 09ers, but man, that shit was one massive error that prompted SRK to go into the toilet steadly with each year.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I would never understand why they removed premium.

With each update to the software we kept losing perks, and then, boom, bye bye premium.

I know that part of the reason was because they wanted to make srk kiddy friendly for the 09ers, but man, that shit was one massive error that prompted SRK to go into the toilet steadly with each year.

SRK should have jumped on the Onlyfans bus long ago to replace Premium. It would have solved everything 🙃

I know people are mad with Preppy currently, but I basically blame Wizard for all this shitfuckery. His lazy ass made every wrong decision possible with the forums for years, especially those gigantic ads that we had during the SF4 era that caused some people to leave.

The ads were so goddamn big you couldn't even see the forum posts.

Watson said he was making like $5k a month just from those ads.

Seriously fuck that guy (MrWizard).

4 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I know people are mad with Preppy currently, but I basically blame Wizard for all this shitfuckery. His lazy ass made every wrong decision possible with the forums for years, especially those gigantic ads that we had during the SF4 era that caused some people to leave.

The ads were so goddamn big you couldn't even see the forum posts.

Watson said he was making like $5k a month just from those ads.

Seriously fuck that guy (MrWizard).

I remember that the lardturd started banning people who posted ways to block those adds, lol.

I had everything blocked via scripts, proxies, etc, so never saw them, but knew they were very intrussive

The ads and the complex media bar were like one of the worst things ever. Full screen ads taking up the whole screen and even if you minimized them they would instead literally be invisible.  So you couldn't even click any links properly. 

I'm a filthy 09'er, so I can only vaguely remember how SRK once was before the post-SF4 overhaul.  But I remember enough that it was just constantly downgrade after downgrade after downgrade. The site lost all of it's personality a long time ago.

Just now, DangerousJ said:

I first joined when some fighting game players in my University suggested SRK for strategies and to discuss meetups.

From 2001 to 2006, I mostly stuck to ATL south section ,fighting games and image mishmash.

Then I moved more into  GD full-time after most of those guys left SRK.

You single-handedly kept image mishmash going for about 5 years lol. Especially the hot asian girl thread.

2 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I first joined when some fighting game players in my University suggested SRK for strategies and to discuss meetups.

From 2001 to 2006, I mostly stuck to ATL south section ,fighting games and image mishmash.

Then I moved more into  GD full-time after most of those guys left SRK.

We will always remember our mascot for those years. Thank you Denise Milani. 

Wherever Axeman lives.

He can make pizza for us.

In all seriousness, the girl threads had a lot of folks contributing- Shatterstar (RIP), Gimpy, Nobita Kun, The Furious One. 

I think I used to post like 3-4 times in each thread per day.  lol.   

It was such a cool thing to have Avatar request threads with talented foks like YEAH DOOD 120, Orange Cat, 

There was a stick art/template show off thread that was fun.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Buffet Matches all weekend.

Entry feel will be there to pay for the venue and so we can get Gaming Generations to bring set ups because f-it we ain't doing any of that.

Meh

Have some set ups for cvs2 and kof 98 um or xi and some st 

And you give us buffet passes

That is a big sell

13 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Less Evolution, more Revolution?

spacer.png

Looks like Reticently already found the name. 

Thinking up fun tournaments that I'd like to see. A mystery tournament is a must, I'm thinking a team tournament where you have finish flip cup before whoever is on the stick can start playing...

And a smash tournament with all the stage hazards and items on, and the top 8 is just one game with all 8 players. 

10 hours ago, Sonero said:

Because before SRK died and was reborn, people offered up a million things they would do to keep the forums open. They also talked at length about all the different things they wanted back.

StuartHayden had a long ass list of things he'd like and he'd pay premium for (on top of a bunch of other people cosigning it). What did we get instead? God forbid we talk about the dropped ball there and the people responsible for it.

maybe they could be bigger, maybe not, they feel good right now. Either way its on that long list of random ish that I had no control over, no way to fix and nobody to talk to for all purposes. Always felt ass as a mod to hear the complaints and know I couldn't do anything to help the situation.

>But you could just reach out to wiz in IRC.

The dude literally logged in one time after the transition and then never logged back in until a bit after april to ban me over the April's fool joke.  2 freaking years without logging in but yeah sure whateves.

The real joke is thinking we are stupid enough to think asking Wiz for anything would get anything done. Joey isn't going to do anything that doesn't earn him money plain and simple. We arent stupid Preppy. 

Edited by RSG3
18 minutes ago, Volt said:

When he posted that one here, I didn't downvote him or added any reactions to it. I just made a quick thoughtless joke to let him know there was a Metal thread here. As I usually do when I'm not serious,  I added a laughing emote at the end.

I hope you know my reply wasn't anything evil towards you, just jokes like you said. Don't leave. Who else is gonna tell us how bad Bolsonaro is??

3 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought Volt was Catholic. 

Learn something new everyday.

I actually didn't know the word for Evangelical in English until a short while ago. That's why I was a bit non-descript whenever I mentioned my religion. 🤣

4 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I hope you know my reply wasn't anything evil towards you, just jokes like you said. Don't leave. Who else is gonna tell us how bad Bolsonaro is??

It's all good. 

You better keep it on the Metal thread tho. 🤣

8 minutes ago, odin said:

I don’t think I’ve ever met a catholic that was this sensitive to religious chirps. 

You’re a good guy Volt, but damn dude you gotta just brush that shit off. Martian didn’t even say anything harsh lol I’ve said things 1000x worse about religious folk in my life. 

Grow some thicker skin, bruh. 

Working on it. At least I did take the time out instead of going apeshit from the jump. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Volt said:

Working on it. At least I did take the time out instead of going apeshit from the jump. 🤣

That’s good. Also I notice you said you suffered from depression. I’m sorry to hear that.

You sound like my American ex-Mormon friend. He suffers from permanent existential and drug dependent depression cause of his religion, which he thankfully left and has accepted life without it now. But he’s still pretty messed up, the cult left permanent mental scars for him. 

I do hope things turn around for you too.