Stage Select

Melty Blood: Please play it

melty-blood-actress-again-current-code-s

This is the Melty Blood thread. 

Melty Blood is currently my favorite fighting game.  I will play it with you.  I will teach it to you.  I will give you the game.  My desperation knows no bounds.

Why this game is cool:

• Alpha  3/CVS2-style groove system
  • Rollback netcode*
  • Super fast paced, free-form combo system
  • Characters to fit almost any playstyle
  • Large player base
  • Low system requirements (will run on basically any PC)
  • Beautiful 2D animation (even if it's a little low-res)

*only available with the community-created edition.  This is the version everyone else uses.  Nobody uses or likes the Steam version.  Ask me for details on how to get it.

Basic Overview

Melty is a fast-paced game that offers players a lot of flexibility.  The 3 different grooves change how you play pretty drastically -- it's like Alpha 3/CVS2 on steroids.  Some grooves are technical and allow you to have precise control over your meter, while others basically handle it for you.  Some grooves allow reverse beat (chaining light normals after heavy ones), and others are Guilty Gear/Blazblue-style (you can only chain light moves into heavier ones).  Automatic shield counters, spot dodges, just defends -- pick the right groove and Melty will let you play the way you want to.

Different versions of a character will play completely different from one another.  Each groove grants characters completely different move sets, abilities, and mechanics. This means that there are essentially 93 characters in the game (31 characters x 3 versions).  There's something for almost everybody.

If you're an execution monster looking to do some sick loops, there are some characters that will really challenge you -- but most characters are not hard to pick up and learn.  A lot of  characters have pretty simple combos that work well even at a high level.

Thanks to the game's low system requirements and community edition's excellent netcode, this game has a healthy scene.  Unlike a lot of other old games, this one still has lots of new and inexperienced players.

If you're looking for games/want to learn just hit me up or post in here.  I'll teach you the basics and help get you started with the game!

Resources:

Mizuumi Wiki

https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Melty_Blood/MBAACC

This is the first stop for learning game systems/characters/combos

Drunkard Shade

https://drunkardshade.com/category/melty-blood/

Some in-depth guides written for certain characters

Melty Games

http://melty.games/

Find high level match vids for any character.  People in Japan still play this game a lot and new matches are being added to the database constantly.  Haven't seen any comparable tool for any other scene/game.  This thing is amazing.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:13 AM, misterBee said:

When I have time later today I'll hook you up.

Do you have to go through hoops to get the community version going or is it relatively straight forward? I'm aware of the site with the link for the community version but I haven't delved any further than that.

1 minute ago, ajyou003 said:

Do you have to go through hoops to get the community version going or is it relatively straight forward? I'm aware of the site with the link for the community version but I haven't delved any further than that.

You just run it.  There isn't anything you have to do.

The community version has a custom launcher called CCCaster.  You can enter training mode, play online/offline, configure controls, check your game records and stats, etc. all within the launcher.  If people have trouble with this I can create a guide but it's pretty straight-forward.