Stage Select

Melty Blood: Please play it

12 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Fucking Seiba, why on gods green earth fucking Seiba.

Man, I have been let down so much by these reveals this far, that this game can't do anything to further lower my expectations.

Es is just shitty Saber anyway so this is really the best solution for everyone.  I thought you'd be thrilled!  🙂

The Melty Blood netcode is very nice, even across seas with my bestie in Finland. A 20 year hiatus from this series. LOL. I think during matches, I shouldn't be lost in deep thought, because I tend to analysis things in the sessions in this genre especially. However, I've managed in my first session in 20 years. LOL. It was nice practice, evaluating in the groove.

Played a little bit this morning and it feels like HYPER Undernight to me. 

But one thing that's been messing with me is the implementation of autocombos. It does the thing I like where you utilize it inside of a more complex combo, but the thing that I keep getting hung up on is that it will automatically take you to the air if you autocombo after a launcher. 

Which turns into a problem because muscle memory has me jump canceling. If I jump cancel after the auto combo jump, my double jump jc gets eaten more or less and the combo falls apart. 

It's not a huge deal, but I don't get why they did that really... It sorta makes it easier to continue a combo in the air, but I haven't played any other fighting games that will do that for you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw some massive balance patch notes with Jiyuna translating it on Twitter, I’ll copy the thread below (he adds more in the comments as well).

Not sure what that means for the game though… I still haven’t played it, even though I own it, but from the little that I knew, the shield mechanic seemed a little too strong and prominent… it seems they adjusted shield quite a bit, but I am not sure how that actually effects it’s usage (is it a buff or a nerf, etc)

Edited by Mattatsu
3 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

I don't see a patch note for:
-fixed a bug where the PC version is crap

Yeah cause that is never getting fixed lol

11 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I saw some massive balance patch notes with Jiyuna translating it on Twitter, I’ll copy the thread below (he adds more in the comments as well).

Not sure what that means for the game though… I still haven’t played it, even though I own it, but from the little that I knew, the shield mechanic seemed a little too strong and prominent… it seems they adjusted shield quite a bit, but I am not sure how that actually effects it’s usage (is it a buff or a nerf, etc)

Those notes are not complete, new features like "bounce bonus" were seen and not explained at all.  Based on what those notes DO say and what the videos showed, shield has more recovery and the anti-heat os has basically been removed with an extra option added to delay heat to mess with people trying to handle it. Guard cancel heat is bigger too. The window of time for inputs during a shield interaction is also supposed to be wider. Shield also no longer gives guaranteed punishes on non-invulnerable ex moves, bc you can now shield back. 

With no other knowledge these changes seem to encourage more use of ex moves to zone, and less ways to deal with defense by buffing heat now that it can be delayed and is better on guard cancel.  This is... not what people wanted or expected bc everyone was complaining defense was way too strong with too much shield rps, but it remains to be seen how it'll play out. Maybe these changes make the game better maybe it's worse its hard to say. 

I will say though

My Mario is gonna be nice