Stage Select

Melty Blood: Please play it

Like I'd give the game another chance and Learn Aoko, but ain't fucking no one playing on the broke ass PC port xD
Hell it takes me up to 8 minutes to find PC matches in KOFXV in asia, and the game has good numbers on steam charts, how am I supposed to even play on a game that has a daily peak of about 120 players on PC?

Edited by ZioSerpe
9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What's wrong with the PC version?

- has a terrible habit of just shutting down entirely when you alt tab

- netplay on the pc version is very iffy, my guess is that it doesn't handle differences in pc specs well. Ps4 version netplay is so stable it doesn't feel like the same game compared to the pc port lol

Edited by Shahenzan
20 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Hell it takes me up to 8 minutes to find PC matches in KOFXV in asia, and the game has good numbers on steam charts, how am I supposed to even play on a game that has a daily peak of about 120 players on PC?

Melty just returning to its roots as a Discord game.  😎

10 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

- netplay on the pc version is very iffy, my guess is that it doesn't handle differences in pc specs well. Ps4 version netplay is so stable it doesn't feel like the same game compared to the pc port lol

Back when I was still playing this a lot with my friends we didn't have any PC issues, but we also have proper computers.  Melty players and shitty laptops -- name a more iconic duo.  It seems fitting that bathroom Melty players kept the game alive but are now going to be the ones to destroy it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, misterBee said:

You should play it! 🙂

Is there much of a difference between the PS4 or PC version? I have the PS4 but thinking about grabbing it on PC since I have a better monitor for it. Not sure where the playerbase mostly is or if they run the same?

oh and here’s a video with some of the update info

22 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Still labbing and not ready for matches, but I am curious who is going to play this somewhat regularly? I wouldn’t mind setting up weekly lounges or some thing like some of us do for Samsho. I have it on PS4 and PC fwiw.

hopefully in two weeks or so I should be somewhat ready.

I can play with you, but I still play like day 1 since I barely have time those days to practice 😅

59 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I can play with you, but I still play like day 1 since I barely have time those days to practice 😅

No worries! I’m terrible at this game. The computer is smoking my ass. I can’t seem to get a hang of it - things like not being able to hold forward during forward jumps (which prevents double jumps and jump cancels) are really screwing me up.

9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Still labbing and not ready for matches, but I am curious who is going to play this somewhat regularly? I wouldn’t mind setting up weekly lounges or some thing like some of us do for Samsho. I have it on PS4 and PC fwiw.

hopefully in two weeks or so I should be somewhat ready.

I plan to play this game until Daisuke stops being an ass and finally adds Jam to strive.
Plus I am learning hitbox so I'm basically back to square 1

On 8/17/2022 at 5:20 AM, ZioSerpe said:

I plan to play this game until Daisuke stops being an ass and finally adds Jam to strive.
Plus I am learning hitbox so I'm basically back to square 1

I still like Rev2 a lot better than Strive but if/when they add Jam I'll certainly play Strive much more.  Not sure how her typical rush-down playstyle would work in Strive, which seems to actively discourage rush-down.  Hopefully they'll tone down her voice & boobs just a bit as well.

I've dabbled in Melty Blood a bit, it has a few cool characters - though it seems like 20% of the roster are those strange maids.

I've been playing this game since launch and I'm hoping this patch will reward players for actually blocking instead of mashing combinations of buttons and mechanics to get out of situations. Adding a "failed shield" state will hopefully give people what they want and change how MBTL is viewed.

This wasn't really a game you could get ahead by simply "outlabbing" your opponent like you could in a game like sf4. You really had to understand the system and keep up with the meta. It's why Vlov went from being bottom 1 to the absolute best character in the span of a month. (Which has it's advantages, but I think makes it hard to take a break and come back.) Ultimately, I find you are playing against the individual player rather than the game itself. (If that makes sense.)

Just my two cents.

Edited by elliephil

I’ve been labbing for the last few days and really like the game but I have no idea what’s going on mechanically. The game’s tutorial is pretty terrible IMO.

I’m using my stick with this game, which I thought for sure would be a Hitbox game, but a stick feels better to me, especially for aerial movement.

What are you guys thoughts on disabling rapid beats? I’ve read that disabling them makes block strings easier (don’t have to worry about going into an auto combo), and tbh, doing auto combos is not fun for me and I hate doing them… I am definitely aware I’m putting myself at a disadvantage disabling them though, as mashing into combo will become more challenging, I’ll drop my combos, and it seems like auto combos have some additional normals to guarantee the combo at nearly any range that I can’t seem to access without auto combos (this is at least true with Akiha). I like the A+B option as well, but wouldn’t want it to interfere with the dash macro.

The game is really fun though, and probably the best anime game I’ve played since Xrd (imo).

Edited by Mattatsu
47 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve been labbing for the last few days and really like the game but I have no idea what’s going on mechanically. The game’s tutorial is pretty terrible IMO.

I’m using my stick with this game, which I thought for sure would be a Hitbox game, but a stick feels better to me, especially for aerial movement.

What are you guys thoughts on disabling rapid beats? I’ve read that disabling them makes block strings easier (don’t have to worry about going into an auto combo), and tbh, doing auto combos is not fun for me and I hate doing them… I am definitely aware I’m putting myself at a disadvantage disabling them though, as mashing into combo will become more challenging, I’ll drop my combos, and it seems like auto combos have some additional normals to guarantee the combo at nearly any range that I can’t seem to access without auto combos (this is at least true with Akiha). I like the A+B option as well, but wouldn’t want it to interfere with the dash macro.

The game is really fun though, and probably the best anime game I’ve played since Xrd (imo).

Theres a lot of mechanics that are so poorly explained or not even mentioned that I choose to believe the developers simply thought it would be funny to watch players try to figure the game out lol

Turning autocombo totally off is a terrible idea imo, losing a command normal thats good for pressure/combos on nearly every character isnt worth the sense of control you think you get from not having it on. It's really just a question of do you want it fully on or only with A+B, and you already seem aware of the benefits and drawbacks.

Personally I have been forcing myself to use A+B because I'm a MASHER and constantly got autocombo when I didnt want it in various places, so it helps me. I think it's actually optimal to have the autocombo fully on, so the question you really have to ask yourself is how much do you trust yourself not to mash lol

5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

You're only going to get so much out of training mode in the beginning. If you have a basic bnb into knockdown, you have enough to get started playing online and actually learning the game.

4 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

Personally I have been forcing myself to use A+B

This is what I have been doing. I never had an issue with the default rapid beat before other than sometimes not getting the whiff cancel 5a/2a rebeat I'm looking for. A+B gives you more control about what you want to do so I think that is the best option.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:38 PM, elliephil said:

Has anyone playing on PC had any issues recently with your game crashing as soon as you get in a network match? I've uninstalled, reinstalled, verified files, changed download regions, everything. Can't figure out why it keeps crashing.

the game is most likely to crash in my experience if you alt+tab in fullscreen, but ive never experienced something like what youre describing

melty pc port stays losing smh

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game's getting the same trajectory as UNIST.
It's amazing and plays great but no one wants to play it ever.
Except UNIST had booty buttcheecks netcode so it was really hard to play, while Melty has dope netcode.

On that front, they seem to have made some sort of change where for long distance connection it takes a long ass time to load a match (I am talking I managed to take a piss between the end of a game and the start of the next) but in return the connection is fucking flawless once it starts.

• 3 weeks later...