Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread

That's what I was thinking too. Not like I use my BluRay port for anything at the moment. Ever since I exorcised SF5 out of the PS4, that machine is filled with nothing but peaceful emptiness.

🙏

Goddamn, there's 3 different season passes. Its like 54 dollars in season passes. 😂

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

That's what I was thinking too. Not like I use my BluRay port for anything at the moment. Ever since I exorcised SF5 out of the PS4, that machine is filled with nothing but peaceful emptiness.

🙏

Goddamn, there's 3 different season passes. Its like 54 dollars in season passes. 😂

Yeah there's a lot. Unless you're really invested in the game, I'd just buy the characters you like piecemeal if they're dlc, although between the starting roster and the few characters they gave away for free, you have a lot of good choices.

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

🙏

You can buy them later when you see if you want to invest more time on the game.

Unless there is an specific dlc char or chars that you want to play with.

If you end buying it today or tomorrow, we can try to play some matches and see how our connection goes.

I think Reticently lives in Canada, but our connections tend to be good most of the time, so I would assume we shouldn't have problems, since we are closer.

15 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I live in Canada, but yeah, our matches are always fine… well last weekend had some weird slowdowns going on, but that was really the only time I’ve had much issue with the online in all of the online matches I had (probably logging on for like 20 different play sessions)

That was weird, and it only seemed to affect the matches I had with you and Reticently once each. I can't figure the netcode out but it's generally been pretty good for us.

I'm actually having a hard time deciding between season 2 and 3. Don't care about Warden, but kinda wanna play the bubble and explosive guy. Season 3 has Baiken and other DLC peeps that seem more interesting.

OOOOOH

EVERYBODY READ THIS:

THE DELUXE EDITION OF THE GAME COMES WITH SEASON 1. THAT ONE IS 20 DOLLARS. GET THAT OVER THE BASE GAME.

Also got the second season for the Fiery and Bubbles people. Kinda want Hibiki/Baiken/Amakusa though. Guess if I get a lot of mileage out of playing wtih you guys I can think about getting them later.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm actually having a hard time deciding between season 2 and 3. Don't care about Warden, but kinda wanna play the bubble and explosive guy. Season 3 has Baiken and other DLC peeps that seem more interesting.

OOOOOH

EVERYBODY READ THIS:

THE DELUXE EDITION OF THE GAME COMES WITH SEASON 1. THAT ONE IS 20 DOLLARS. GET THAT OVER THE BASE GAME.

Also got the second season for the Fiery and Bubbles people. Kinda want Hibiki/Baiken/Amakusa though. Guess if I get a lot of mileage out of playing wtih you guys I can think about getting them later.

Kazuki (explosive guy) comes with the first season pass that you get with the deluxe version of the game.

Not sure if I'm going to be around this weekend but if you feel like it maybe we can get a lobby going tomorrow or Friday if not our usual Saturday

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Man...Basara and the umbrella teleport chick are cool too. Why couldn't this game have rollback? Movesets are cool as hell in this game.

They need to add that one goofball from 5 Special that can only do his specials while jumping. Dude probably sucks ass but that shit is hilarious.

Suija is the ultimate theory fighter character. Nobody really mains him, but some people swear he's really really good, which I always have a chuckle over because if he truly were, SOMEONE would be maining him and really cleaning house with him.

And the game is getting rollback in early 2023 if you hadn't heard the news.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Who does everybody play?

As for this, I started out with Yoshi but I don't like the way he feels in this game, and then when Basara came out, I mained him until Amakusa, who was my main in 5 Special came out. So him with Kazuki as a backup, but I can play a few characters competently.

16 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Cool time slow combo someone in one of the servers came up with. The spacing is pretty specific as Haoh's jAB doesn't normally cross up and the Steel Cutter move he finishes with is actually his WFT in SS7.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/763505357770194955/1015240994842755123/8mb.video-Bj8-8Xp9uxeF.mp4

Edit: Is there any way to post an original gif here and have it show up or not so much?

Upload the mp4 to imgur

Decided to play some casual matches online, and was on a room that once a  Gongsun Li entered the room got it disbanded 🤣

He seems to be a really high ranked player considering that his profile had a 1.4 million points and his rank was Samurai God.

Had like 25 or 26 matches against him, and while there were some close ones, there were also a lot of matches where I wasn't really able to do much.

In a projectile fight I didn't really have a chance and the run away that Gongsun Li has really wrecked Iroha.

6 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Decided to play some casual matches online, and was on a room that once a  Gongsun Li entered the room got it disbanded 🤣

He seems to be a really high ranked player considering that his profile had a 1.4 million points and his rank was Samurai God.

Had like 25 or 26 matches against him, and while there were some close ones, there were also a lot of matches where I wasn't really able to do much.

In a projectile fight I didn't really have a chance and the run away that Gongsun Li has really wrecked Iroha.

GSL is a pretty nasty character. She was top for awhile but got nerfed a bit, though she's still pretty good.

Were you playing a casual match or ranked? I'm never able to find anyone for casual, but a lot of the ranked players are either beginners or people that never stopped playing. I dropped about 2000 bp last week to some people in the x00,000-1 million+ range lol

Edited by DoctaMario
3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

GSL is a pretty nasty character. She was top for awhile but got nerfed a bit, though she's still pretty good.

Were you playing a casual match or ranked? I'm never able to find anyone for casual, but a lot of the ranked players are either beginners or people that never stopped playing. I dropped about 2000 bp last week to some people in the x00,000-1 million+ range lol

It was casual.

I manage to find matches on the night, after 12 am onwards.