Stage Select

The Samurai Shodown Thread


Recommended Posts

I have to leave guys. It’s been fun.

 

Some tips since everyone is relearning stuff.

 

A blocked or whiffed WFT can be punished with an SSM. Be careful when using them. 
 

You can rage burst after a guard break/throw. I felt this needed pointing out since @KingTubb almost died after getting thrown.

 

Shiki’s SSM has the distinction of tracking someone. Be careful to not throw a projectile full screen against her. 
 

If you have the blood setting on, you can tell when Basara throws a clone since that would have no blood on it.

 

Don’t be afraid to go in on Basara. He can’t set up his game if you’re too close.

 

@Mattatsu You can get an easy WFT confirm with Haoh with 66B into it. 


 

 

Edited by BornWinner
Link to post
58 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

 

If you have the blood setting on, you can tell when Basara throws a clone since that would have no blood on it.

 

Don’t be afraid to go in on Basara. He can’t set up his game if you’re too close.

This man giving away all my secrets... 🥴  Everyone turn your blood off, think of the children! 

 

Sorry it tagged you Mattatsu, it won't let me delete the tag. Maybe @misterBee can fix it?

Link to post
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Definitely couldn’t hahaha

 

sorry, didn’t know you wanted to VC

No, it’s all good. My wife bought me a headset for christmas and i havent tried it on ps4 yet and was curious about it because of the voice chat icon on the screen. not sure why it wasn’t working hough because the icon would change when i talked.

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

The connections last night were surprisingly fine.

 

i really hate myself for getting into this game so late. I’m really loving it so far.

I think it's typical delay netcode stuff, location, quality of connection, etc. I have historically had a really good experience with the netcode in this game even connecting to Japan and Europe although but I can see how it's pretty idiosyncratic. 

Link to post

I went through some of our matches last night and put my eight favourite ones into a video, if anyone is interested.

 

These are more for me, but the clips i picked were mostly because there were a couple cool interactions in there, or I made some mistakes and want to review. I don’t win all of these. Also, sorry KingTubb, i forgot to save the footage from our last matches so I don't have anything with Tam Tam or Darli.

 

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Mattatsu said:

I went through some of our matches last night and put my eight favourite ones into a video, if anyone is interested.

 

These are more for me, but the clips i picked were mostly because there were a couple cool interactions in there, or I made some mistakes and want to review. I don’t win all of these. Also, sorry KingTubb, i forgot to save the footage from our last matches so I don't have anything with Tam Tam or Darli.

 

 

 

That bit in our match where you did a backhit A slash into WFT was nice. Backhit combos are a big part of advanced SamShoIV and  5 Special but I haven't investigated them at all in this game and you reminded me about them with that bit. 

Link to post
6 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

The connections last night were surprisingly fine.

 

i really hate myself for getting into this game so late. I’m really loving it so far.

I think many people got scared by the talks about the netcode. 

 

Like i said before, many people assume by default that not having rollback immediately means the netcode is garbage, and while the netcode of the game does indeed have its deficiencies, when it works is more than serviceable. 

 

It has room to improve, of course, but i think people should be more willing to give the game a try, since networking issues are not as black and white as they like to think. 

 

Btw, not saying it was your case, but is something that it has been for a lot of people. 

 

Link to post
43 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

not saying it was your case, but is something that it has been for a lot of people. 

I’ll admit I was in that camp tbh. I was worried the netcode was going to be awful so I didn’t want to buy it at launch.

 

At the time, having a solid rollback and a large playerbase were the most important things I looked for, even above gameplay.

 

that’s stupid I know, and I don’t think the same way now, but I did a year and a half ago.

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post
5 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ll admit I was in that camp tbh. I was worried the netcode was going to be awful so I didn’t want to buy it at launch.

Judging by your points last night and that the ranked is completely dead, you haven’t played many if any randoms online. 
 

this game’s netcode is trash. 1 outta 3 ranked matches were serviceable, most were unplayable 

 

Edit:just saw that you played your first rank set. I tried earlier this week and couldn’t get a bite. But I stand by what I said above, the netcode sucked butt when I was playing this when it dropped. 
 

I’m not trying to say “delay bad!” But this game’s netcode didn’t work for me the majority of the time. BBTAG and DBFZ had better net play experiences 

Edited by KingTubb
Link to post

So, i set my options wide open, just to see what ranked matchmaking was like while i was in training: i set opponent’s rank to “any” and region “all”. My only filter was the connection had to be 3 and up, as I figured the only level 3 connections would be somewhat close anyway.

 

anyways, i got matched up, like instantly, against a “Samurai God” rank from the US, and the connection seemed great.

 

i may have gotten lucky, but next time i will change my opponent’s rank to “similar” (or whatever the option is), just to see how long it takes to find anyone.

Edited by Mattatsu
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select