Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Mobile hot spot.  Pretty sure all phones can just do it by default now.  I know iPhones been doing it for years at least.

Pretty sure that's plan dependant. Any phone can do it doesn't mean your service let's you. I have to pay for hotspotting. 

Edited by RSG3
9 hours ago, purbeast said:

Mobile hot spot.  Pretty sure all phones can just do it by default now.  I know iPhones been doing it for years at least.

That would be an unreasonable drain on his data cap and I'm not too confident about the speed either.

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

My copy of Triangle Strategy isn't delivering until tomorrow 😑

Laughs in digital. 🙃

14 hours ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Anyone have any free time they can donate to me?

Cries in working Saturday morning.

Not even going to get TS for now tbh. It's that bad. I definitely empathize with you bro. 🤣

Bruh, I'm never picking shipment option from Best Buy again. My Triangle Strategy didn't deliver yesterday and now is "Pending". FedEx picked the game up 12:00am March 4th, that's type AM, shit's been in Georgia the whole time. I live South Carolina. That shit could have been here Friday. It's fucking Sunday. If I can find one close by, I'll just return the damn game.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh, I'm never picking shipment option from Best Buy again. My Triangle Strategy didn't deliver yesterday and now is "Pending". FedEx picked the game up 12:00am March 4th, that's type AM, shit's been in Georgia the whole time. I live South Carolina. That shit could have been here Friday. It's fucking Sunday. If I can find one close by, I'll just return the damn game.

3EB52698-864D-437C-ABDD-EF467DE7B1E8.gif

1 hour ago, Volt said:

First my Pro Controller started drifting like a Mario Kart DS player and the ZR button got busted. Now the joycons are acting up and the R button is busted.

Jags_fan_MJ_Cry_remix.gif

Love the Switch and it's games have been awesome. But these are clearly the worst generation of Nintendo controllers ever. I have spent more on controllers this Gen then I did on games during the N64 era not counting rentals.

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Chocobo GP drops in two days. I am ready.

I was really excited for this until I learned the season passes are going to work like a mix of Fortnite and Crash Nitro Cart. 

lemme know you’re impressions of it + impressions of unlocking shit. I still might get it but want some feedback before I do. The OG Chocobo Racing was one of my favorite PSOne games growing up. 

speaking of racing 

32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

But Triangle Strategy was ok? I thought both were strategy games or whatever. I'm not good with names. Oh well.

Got Path of Radiance. That was a terrible decision. I'm trying to start getting into a study routine, a distraction like that really doesn't help. 🤣

I wonder if the Tellius games are going to get remakes. Been hearing some speculation about that for a minute.

Radiant Dawn definitely needs one at this point. All the new characters desperately need some depth. Hopefully they chop off Part 2 too. It was a nice part in terms of plot, but it's hard to justify it when you take availability and a lot of its units into account. Fuck the Crimean Royal Knights forever.

Yeah, that and it is a game that uses modern looking military units basically to invade areas.

Coincidentally, I have always worried we would never get a proper Path of Radiance remake/remaster despite Ike's popularity due to the plot being about his country, Crimea, being invaded. You would think after the Crimea invasion by Russia they would change the name but even in the mobile game, last I check they still call the country Crimea

6 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, that and it is a game that uses modern looking military units basically to invade areas.

Coincidentally, I have always worried we would never get a proper Path of Radiance remake/remaster despite Ike's popularity due to the plot being about his country, Crimea, being invaded. You would think after the Crimea invasion by Russia they would change the name but even in the mobile game, last I check they still call the country Crimea

I definitely remember cracking jokes about it when it happened.

Unfortunate. I'll see if it holds up well soon enough though.

I wonder if I should run blind based only on what these units can do in RD or make sure to check availability and all that stuff.

47 minutes ago, Volt said:

I definitely remember cracking jokes about it when it happened.

Unfortunate. I'll see if it holds up well soon enough though.

I wonder if I should run blind based only on what these units can do in RD or make sure to check availability and all that stuff.

I have always been a FE fan that has never been afraid to go wild and if the outcome is something you can't live with, reset and do the battle again even before the casual modes and in game reset options were available.

17 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I have always been a FE fan that has never been afraid to go wild and if the outcome is something you can't live with, reset and do the battle again even before the casual modes and in game reset options were available.

Bro, I ain't gonna lie.

Sothis was the MVP of all my TH runs. Fuck having to reset a whole hour-long battle because I missed a 96% accuracy attack and got crit by a bandit with 50% hit rate and 1% crit.

That ain't even hard, that's just tedious bs.

BOOOOOOOOO! beyond wack Nintendo. Though this is oddly similar to what happened to the first release in JP EU 

The game's release in Japan and Europe was delayed, supposedly due to the September 11 attacks in the United States.

The OG game dropped on Sept 10th 2001 but the other regions didn't get it until Jan of 2002.

4 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

BOOOOOOOOO! beyond wack Nintendo. Though this is oddly similar to what happened to the first release in JP EU 

The game's release in Japan and Europe was delayed, supposedly due to the September 11 attacks in the United States.

The OG game dropped on Sept 10th 2001 but the other regions didn't get it until Jan of 2002.

A truly accurate remake. 

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

@Darc_Requiemhow you liking triangle strategy?

I've played nothing but since I've gotten it. I can't get the best ending though. Decisions matter and I made a choice in Chapter 7 that locked me out of the "Golden Route". There are three main endings and a hidden fourth if you meet certain conditions. There is no way to unlock all the characters in one run and I don't mind because the game's a blast. I'll be doing an immediate NG+ run. My only real complaint is that it just eats a TON of time. I swear my Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were one day 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I really wish AlphaDream was still around or Nintendo would let someone grab the keys to the M&L RPG franchise. I really want to see a Wario+Waluigi or Peach+Daisy type RPG.

It’s so easily doable too. I feel like a Wario+Waluigi one would fair better just from how funny all the dialogue in the game would be. Not to mention item translations

* Mushrooms for HP Pots are now bulbs of garlic 

* Honey for MP Pots are now vinegar 

* Instead of Refreshing Herb being for status ailments you could do a pickle or something. 

Their bro moves would be amazing. 😂

The possibilities for all of it, especially the story are as  ridiculous and as they would be hilarious. 

I randomly bring this up because I’m playing Partners in Time right now and I’m at the first real boss battle. The dialogue is very of its time and has aged like milk but god dammit it’s as hilarious to me now as it was back then 

Edited by iStu X
6 hours ago, iStu X said:

I really wish AlphaDream was still around or Nintendo would let someone grab the keys to the M&L RPG franchise. I really want to see a Wario+Waluigi or Peach+Daisy type RPG.

It’s so easily doable too. I feel like a Wario+Waluigi one would fair better just from how funny all the dialogue in the game would be. Not to mention item translations

* Mushrooms for HP Pots are now bulbs of garlic 

* Honey for MP Pots are now vinegar 

* Instead of Refreshing Herb being for status ailments you could do a pickle or something. 

Their bro moves would be amazing. 😂

The possibilities for all of it, especially the story are as  ridiculous and as they would be hilarious. 

I randomly bring this up because I’m playing Partners in Time right now and I’m at the first real boss battle. The dialogue is very of its time and has aged like milk but god dammit it’s as hilarious to me now as it was back then 

I'm cracking up just at the thumbnail for that video. "Then u am cry" 🤣

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The Mario and Luigi RPGs are underrated.

Legit. It’s probably my favorite handheld RPG series or at least one of. The series is so good. I really wish Nintendo would roll over Fawful and Starlow into the main Mario games. They’re both amazing characters. 

From best to worst I’d probably rank them: 

* Bowsers Inside Story

* Superstar Saga 

* Partners in Time

* Dream Team

* Paper Jam 

Even with that ranking depending on what day you ask me I’d likely give an entirely different list. Imo Superstar Saga and Bowsers Inside Story are interchangeable for 1st and 2nd. They’re both basically perfect to me. For me Bowsers Inside Story definitely is the best written story out of the entire M&L RPG franchise. 

I use to put Partners in Time in last place every time I’d rank the games but the story is good and I love the babies. The biggest and one universal gripe is the addition of the babies give the limited but highly interactive battle system an unnecessary learning curve that shouldn’t be there. Once you get it down it’s fine but it’s still frustrating all the same. 

Paper Jam and Dream Team are kind of interchangeable as the worst title but I’d likely put Paper Jam last these days. The addition of a 3rd party member and not adjusting the difficulty curve or enemies accordingly breaks the game and makes it very easy. The story also kinda sucks. The best thing about Paper Jam is that Toadette builds paper mache mechs for you to use in certain boss battles. 😂

Dream Team just kind of exists. It isn’t bad but it isn’t good. Just kinda unimaginative but still fun as the bro moves are really fun to use and the battle system like always is simplistic but really fun. It was released during Iwata’s “Year of Luigi” marketing push for Nintendo. Which was also Nintendo’s worst year they ever had since becoming a game company. So take that for what you will. 

Edited by iStu X

The Mario and Luigi games became diminishing returns after Bowser's Inside Story. Part of that maybe due to the fact they spun as many jokes out of the titular characters they could in the format, part of it may have been around the time the rumored Mario plot/No new Mario characters bans were put up which as we saw with Paper Mario limited the games severely. I personally do think iStu X is right, they could have done a lot with different pair as the leads and had they been able to continue or try other characters the franchise and the developers might still be around. But who knows maybe some other development team will convince the right executives to give another Mario RPG a shot in the future.

21 minutes ago, Wellman said:

The Mario and Luigi games became diminishing returns after Bowser's Inside Story.

They really did. But 3/5 games being absolute bangers is still a good track record. Even then Paper Jam and Dream Team aren’t even objectively bad it’s just Superstar, Partners and Inside Story were so good they just seem bad in comparison*

*Dream Team and Paper Jam have very weak stories. I blame lack of Fawful. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

New Sega Genesis NSO additions 

* Alien Soldier

* Light Crusader

* Super Fantasy Zone

All 3 of those are really solid titles. Alien Soldier is boss rush mode Treasure at their finest, Light Crusader is a nifty little RPG also by Treasure, and Fantasy Zone is just a fuckiing classic. 

5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

All 3 of those are really solid titles. Alien Soldier is boss rush mode Treasure at their finest, Light Crusader is a nifty little RPG also by Treasure, and Fantasy Zone is just a fuckiing classic. 

I don’t remember if I owned it or not or if had rented it or borrowed it from a friend frequently but I remember playing Alien Soldier a lot as a kid and really liking it as it reminded me of a Sci-Fi Gunstar heroes.

I had no idea it was from Treasure as well. That’s sick. 

Edited by iStu X