Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

33 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm off friday so if people are done to play some MK8D Thurs night then we can make that happen.

Def won't be playing any time real soon probably.  All my free time is playing Elden Ring for the time being, but this weekend I'll probably be playing some Kirby with my son since it's his birthday and he's hype about it.

Depending on the situation if you're playing with a bunch of people who are aware of this strategy it might be better to just take the blue shell and keep it moving especially if it's not even the 3rd lap.  People are so afraid of taking the shell even if they have a good lead on the pack.  That Luigi had a pretty good gap between him and 2nd so he could have recovered and kept it moving and potentially still remained in first just with 2nd closer.  But he had a Green shell that he could have used to protect his ass while he recovered but he decided he was gonna take 2nd and 3rd with him.....but now you have 2nd and 3rd with you in recovery and you don't know what they have.  You've pretty much put yourself in range of the abyss willingly lol.

5 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I want to join, but I got one more day of work. Will you be playing tomorrow? 

I can try to be on tomorrow night, hopefully.

Edit:

God damn.  Tonight is fucking ROUGH.  If don't get 10 coins at all in the race and get my ass into top 3 by the first lap I can kiss  that race goodbye.  People tonight don't care at all lol

Edited by Sonichuman

I picked up my copy of Kirby yesterday at Walmart but didn’t open it since I just didn’t have time and haven’t had time to play. I’m actually super glad I didn’t open the copy as I whole ass forgot I was sitting on over $130 in GameStop credit. 

So thanks to that gift card and about $30 in pro rewards coupons I ended up grabbing Kirby, $50 eShop card and some Pokémon booster for about $4 bucks out of pocket. It would have been no money out of pocket but I opted for same-day delivery.

I didn’t want to wait the two-to-five days for delivery and the GameStop from me is a bit out of the way. So I didn’t know when I’d be able to do in-store pick up. 

On 3/19/2022 at 1:36 AM, Sonichuman said:

I'm not 100% on this but I feel that with this update they may have changed the % on some of the items you get in first 

Heard the same stuff. Apparently you couldn't get Triple Bananas at first place before.

Honestly, the tracks are pretty good. Ninja Hideaway was exactly the kind of track this game was missing. Shroom Ridge is pretty nice as well. The Tour Tracks got a really nice gimmick going on as well.

The only bust, as expected, was 3DS Toad Circuit. Not because it's bad per se, but like, wtf is that doing on a DLC pass? 🤣

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread - This is where I’d be playing Advanced Wars IF I HAD ONE
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

it's alive GIF

In addition to these they added SP versions of 

Super Mario World 

Super Metroid

Super Punch Out

Super Mario starts you with 99 lives and every course unlocked 

Super Metroid gives max ammo, all power ups and the entire games map unveiled

Super Punch Out has every Circuit unlocked from start including the Special Circuit

I really wish I could like Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I’m only on world two and struggling to find a reason to keep going. For better or for worse It’s just very “yep. This is a Kirby game..but in 3D”. 

I was really hoping they were going to be more experimental with the game outside of “mouthful” abilities and being able to upgrade all the copy abilities. Cause like…the gameplay is really lack luster and pretty boring. Each stage has objectives to save waddle dees but pretty much every objective stage-to-stage is the same objective. 

I was wanting Kirby’s first 3D game to be more exploratory like Odyssey or even 64 or Sunshine but even the explanation in this game to get everything is very obviously pointed out and linear. 

It’s not a bad game…it’s just super boring and before even finishing the first world (each world has about five stages) the gameplay loop felt monotonous and uninspired. 

Edited by iStu X

Kirby games have ALWAYS been super duper easy peasy.  The new one does not change this.

My 7 year old beat it last night.  Game's been out for a week and a 7 year old beat it.   And he just turned 7 the day after it came out.  I got it for him for his birthday.

He didn't collect everything at all though and I don't know if he will try.  But he loved it.  I played co-op with him the first night we got it and I enjoyed it but yeah, definitely very easy but I liked the worlds and stuff.  

If you want more of a challenge, some of those bonus star runs where you have a target time are tough to get the target time.

I am going to take it with me on my flights next week though and start it from the beginning myself so we'll see.

I beat Kirby and the Forgotten Land last night. That last area was NUTS. You know how there is always an eldritch abomination at the end of a Kirby game? Even by the standards of this series, the eldritch abomination was INSANE here. Like, some HAL Lab staff have gotta be sci-fi/horror fans because they had me questioning if this was even a Kirby game I was playing in the final area. 

But the final showdown and ending was lit AF, even if it did make me fear for my controller and give me bad Mario Party 1 N64 flashbacks. 

15 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

I beat Kirby and the Forgotten Land last night. That last area was NUTS. You know how there is always an eldritch abomination at the end of a Kirby game? Even by the standards of this series, the eldritch abomination was INSANE here. Like, some HAL Lab staff have gotta be sci-fi/horror fans because they had me questioning if this was even a Kirby game I was playing in the final area. 

But the final showdown and ending was lit AF, even if it did make me fear for my controller and give me bad Mario Party 1 N64 flashbacks. 

This gives me the strength to power through and beat it

1 hour ago, TheInfernoman said:

Dread is not easy but It for me is the right level of challenging. The SA-X from Fusion got nothing on EMMI

Yea, the EMMI aren't scripted like SA-X they're dynamic as hell, each encounter is different, which makes them far harder to conquer. 

I wouldn't mind a remake of Fusion way down the line with a more creepy and dynamic SA-X, I still find her/it more terrifying than the EMMI on another level tho

20 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, the EMMI aren't scripted like SA-X they're dynamic as hell, each encounter is different, which makes them far harder to conquer. 

I wouldn't mind a remake of Fusion way down the line with a more creepy and dynamic SA-X, I still find her/it more terrifying than the EMMI on another level tho

Yeah, the obviously artificial environments kinda hurt the impact of the EMMis a bit.

Only a bit tho. It's always scary hours when they're on the chase. 🤣

21 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Dread is not easy but It for me is the right level of challenging. The SA-X from Fusion got nothing on EMMI

How are you liking it so far?

I still can't believe they are just porting the Wii version. A collection of standard and Wii I would understand and love. But just the Wii version... maybe when it goes on sale for $5 or less eventually.

Edit: Oh and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is dropping at the end of July. Going to be a big JRPG month with Live A Live as well around then. Also I wonder if this means Splatoon 3/Bayo 3 are being pushed into a Fall/Winter release since I had figured one or both would drop around the point they moved XC3.

Edited by Wellman
Just now, Wellman said:

I still can't believe they are just porting the Wii version. A collection of standard and Wii I would understand and love. But just the Wii version... maybe when it goes on sale for $5 or less eventually.

The Wii version of the game wasn't a port of the 360/PS3. it was it's own thing that had additional modes not present in the 360 game.

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The Wii version of the game wasn't a port of the 360/PS3. it was it's own thing that had additional modes not present in the 360 game.

I know and I guess this is a value thing, but I feel I would be much more likely to purchase the Wii version while it's own thing probably should be bundled with the other version and not a stand alone piece of software. Kind of like the Aladdin/Lion King collection where they finally got both the Genesis and SNES versions together or the upcoming Turles one where they included all the versions of the Tournament Fighters games from that era.