Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

At Gamestop? I looked but didn't see it. Granted I'm on my own phone at work trying to look on the sly 👀

I've been seeing people with receipts of their preorders so its definitely a thing.  I do find it strange that you can't even preorder it on the online website though..not even the normal edition.  I'd probably recommend giving your closest store a call to make sure before rolling up in there.

There is allegedly a GS employee who confirms it in this thread at the bottom.

So the XBC3 Expansion Pass is now up for preorder on the eShop. Nintendo is kinda slow dripping what the content will be. 

Vol 1 of the Expansion Pass launches same day the game releases It will have the following:

* Useful items for your adventure

* Accessories for your heroes 

* New outfits for your heroes 

Volume 2 of the Expansion Pass has no release date outside of by the end of the this year. It will contain:

* A new Hero 

* Challenge Battles 

(The new Hero is not a playable character. As mention in the direct Hero’s are the NPC’s you get throughout the game that teach you skills and unlock classes. 

I’m guessing ‘challenge battles’ are what they call fighting uniquely named enemies this time around) 

Edited by iStu X

The Heroes are this game's version of special/rare Blades but without the gacha. Thank heavens, cause I still haven't gotten KOS MOS in that game, told myself since I got almost everything else I would wait to start the new game plus after that... Five years later, fucking nonsense, although when I dipped back last year I did take out a few of the super bosses that previously kicked my ass.

Anyway I just hope, they do set up another two or three guest heroes like they did in two featuring previous main characters from Xeno games as blades.

Edited by Wellman
7 minutes ago, Wellman said:

The Heroes are this game's version of special/rare Blades but without the gacha. Thank heavens, cause I still haven't gotten KOS MOS in that game, told myself since I got almost everything else I would wait to start the new game plus after that... Five years later, fucking nonsense, although when I dipped back last year I did take out a few of the super bosses that previously kicked my ass.

Anyway I just hope, they do set up another two or three guest heroes like they did in two featuring previous main characters from Xeno games as blades.

I’m sure every hero will need a criteria met to hire them. Otherwise the game would be too imbalanced. But yeah, no bullshit gatcha mechanics is definitely good thing. 

Edited by iStu X
24 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I’m so excited for Live a Live on Friday. I’m going to try and run through it between the week of its release and XBC3’s release. 

I've actually spent the last 4 or so days playing this Ogre Battle like indy RPG on Steam called Symphony of War. That game eats time, I figure XBC3 will be here before I know it. They need to get this on Switch. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488200/Symphony_of_War_The_Nephilim_Saga/

4 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've actually spent the last 4 or so days playing this Ogre Battle like indy RPG on Steam called Symphony of War. That game eats time, I figure XBC3 will be here before I know it. They need to get this on Switch. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1488200/Symphony_of_War_The_Nephilim_Saga/

Man that looks pretty cool. Ogre Battle is dope. 

I'm really curious as to what Tactics Ogre Reborn is gonna be. 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Man that looks pretty cool. Ogre Battle is dope. 

I'm really curious as to what Tactics Ogre Reborn is gonna be. 

Yeah I just finished Symphony of War. I really enjoyed the game, I'll probably run through it again. But man does it eat a lot of time. I hope Tactics Ogre Reborn lives up to the legacy. Do the game right or just don't bother.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I hope Tactics Ogre Reborn lives up to the legacy

Not that it's a true sign of anything but SE did just get that style of game right with Triangle Strategy so....there's hope at least. 

I wonder if they are going to reboot the whole Ogre timeline hence the Reborn subtitle, or if that's just a nifty tag line since it's been over 20 years since we got a new Ogre game. I would really prefer they continue the story already in place, but with the release gap, and how convoluted and hard to follow the Ogra story is, I could see them just starting over. 

Edited by RSG3

I got my physical copy Bayonetta 2 on Switch. I never got Bayo 2 on Switch. I couldn't get my hands on the special edition with the physical copies of Bayo 1 and 2 so I didn't bother since I already owned both games.  Didn't realize it was a Euro version or that it came with Bayo 1 code. IIRC. Codes are region specific. It may have expired but if anyone is in the Euro region they can have it. I hope it still works.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No I own the game on Wii U. I never grabbed the Switch version because I wanted two physical copies and Bayo 1 was only a download code.

OK well you say Switch twice and mention the Wii-U none so I was confused. 

On 7/13/2022 at 9:11 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Better story telling. No matter which route you choose, you still get shown a bit of what the other rulers are up to. It makes for a more cohesive story.

That was 100% the biggest problem with Three Houses. (Well, that and... Actually, lemme spoiler this.)

Spoiler

How the Black Eagles route ends. They really gassed up the Agarthans and how dealing with them was on a personal level for Edelgard only to have the final boss be Rhea.

dwyane-wade-pump-fake-h.gif

I still remember playing through the Black Eagles route first, watching Dimitri go absolutely apeshit, and I was like:

084.png

Bro needed a Snickers. Deadass.

Come to think of it... I didn't finish the GD route. It really sucks how long and repetitive Part 1 is in Three Houses. For all of the events it covers, it really doesn't do a lot to differentiate the routes imo. Mainly because you're forced to pick so early.

Gonna run through Three Hopes blind and see what's up. Didn't even watch the trailers beyond the first one, so all I know is that they fucked up Bernie's hairline, and that there's a new protag for some reason. Apparently, it's an alternate universe, and actually advertised as such (*spits on AoC*)  so I'm expecting something closer to the first FE Warriors story-wise.

@VoltGolden Deer had the best route IMO. Oddly enough you learn the most about the Agarthans on that route. That said, I'll say what I've said elsewhere. A lot of the issues in Fodlan come down to a lack of information. I understand keeps secrets to keep things from going to hell but when shit hits the fan and reveal the secret could resolve it, why hold on to it.

Summary of Foldan's lore

Spoiler

When Sothis showed up in Fodlan, not all of the humans wanted her help. Some split off their own, leaning on science and technology over Sothis' magic. After some time they went to war with Sothis and humans that accepted her. They lost but not before completely wrecking the continent. Sothis used all her power to undo the damage. After which she had to sleep to recover. The survivors of fled underground after their defeat and would eventually come to be know as the Agarthans. With Sothis a sleep they allied with thief, Nemesis, to kill her while slept. He killed nearly all the Nabateans with Serios, Cichol, Macuil, Indech, and Cethleann being some of the few survivors. He took their hearts (crest stones) and bones and created weapons from them. 

Church of Seiros is built on a lie, but not in the way Edelgard and Claude thought. It was created to hid the fact that human killed the goddess and desecrated/defiled her body and that of their children to create weapons. All the nobles are descended from the "Ten Elites" have the blood lines of villains not heroes in their veins. They weren't gifted their crests. They stole them. Seiros allied with Edelgards ancestor giving him the power of her crest and then the battle from the opening cinematic of both games happens. She kills Nemesis, spares his cohorts, and constructs the current system of nobility under the leadership of her and the first emperor of Adrestia Wilheim von Hresvelg. 

The lie about Nemesis and The Ten Elites was simply to hide from humanity what they've done. It was also a twisted way for Seiros (Rhea) to honor her mother's legacy by watching over humanity. There is a lot more but believe or not that is the short version.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@VoltGolden Deer had the best route IMO. Oddly enough you learn the most about the Agarthans on that route. That said, I'll say what I've said elsewhere. A lot of the issues in Fodlan come down to a lack of information. I understand keeps secrets to keep things from going to hell but when shit hits the fan and reveal the secret could resolve it, why hold on to it.

Summary of Foldan's lore

Hide contents

When Sothis showed up in Fodlan, not all of the humans wanted her help. Some split off their own, leaning on science and technology over Sothis' magic. After some time they went to war with Sothis and humans that accepted her. They lost but not before completely wrecking the continent. Sothis used all her power to undo the damage. After which she had to sleep to recover. The survivors of fled underground after their defeat and would eventually come to be know as the Agarthans. With Sothis a sleep they allied with thief, Nemesis, to kill her while slept. He killed nearly all the Nabateans with Serios, Cichol, Macuil, Indech, and Cethleann being some of the few survivors. He took their hearts (crest stones) and bones and created weapons from them. 

Church of Seiros is built on a lie, but not in the way Edelgard and Claude thought. It was created to hid the fact that human killed the goddess and desecrated/defiled her body and that of their children to create weapons. All the nobles are descended from the "Ten Elites" have the blood lines of villains not heroes in their veins. They weren't gifted their crests. They stole them. Seiros allied with Edelgards ancestor giving him the power of her crest and then the battle from the opening cinematic of both games happens. She kills Nemesis, spares his cohorts, and constructs the current system of nobility under the leadership of her and the first emperor of Adrestia Wilheim von Hresvelg. 

The lie about Nemesis and The Ten Elites was simply to hide from humanity what they've done. It was also a twisted way for Seiros (Rhea) to honor her mother's legacy by watching over humanity. There is a lot more but believe or not that is the short version.

Yeah, I remember that at some point I was so burned out by the gameplay loop that I said "fukk it, I'mma dive in the spoilers."

It was more of a problem of execution, like a lot of things Three Houses got wrong. The concept was interesting enough. Part 1 had me hooked on the blind first run, but by the second I was like "Wait, is this really the exact same shit with different characters?"

Blue Lions Part 1 is probably the most interesting out of them since so much crazy stuff happens in Faerghus, but... Meh. I'd need to get through GD, which is the route I actually want to play, first.

Maybe after I beat Three Hopes.

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah, I remember that at some point I was so burned out by the gameplay loop that I said "fukk it, I'mma dive in the spoilers."

It was more of a problem of execution, like a lot of things Three Houses got wrong. The concept was interesting enough. Part 1 had me hooked on the blind first run, but by the second I was like "Wait, is this really the exact same shit with different characters?"

Blue Lions Part 1 is probably the most interesting out of them since so much crazy stuff happens in Faerghus, but... Meh. I'd need to get through GD, which is the route I actually want to play, first.

Maybe after I beat Three Hopes.

Yeah Three Houses was rushed and you can tell. I really enjoyed the game but it's apparent, especially in Black Eagles, that they ran out of time. Golden Deer seems to be the most complete. Although Blue Lions was fleshed out pretty well. The obvious cut there, at least to me, was Cornelia. It's clear there was supposed to be more there. The cuts didn't hit it as hard as Black Eagles. Black Eagles comes off as reading a book and finding out the last chapter has been ripped out of it.

Ugh. I’ve been meaning to play Golden Deer and Blue Lion route, yet I simply don’t have the patience to go through part 1 again. I’d rather move onto a new game. There are so many great games and very little time for me to play them. Currently on Nier Automata. 

9 hours ago, Volt said:

@Darc_Requiem

Three Hopes starts off in a more interesting tone at least.

I just realized that I'm picking the dialogue options haphazardly and forgetting this is a FE game. Do these actually matter too much or can I just mess around and be fine?

They really matter, it's more about defining Shez's personality. Since your character actually speaks this time around. 👍🏾

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They really matter, it's more about defining Shez's personality. Since your character actually speaks this time around. 👍🏾

I meant it in the sense of actually locking you out of gameplay stuff.

But yeah, game kinda throws you straight into the fray with all kinds of BS, but it definitely got potential.

I hope there's a training mode like AoC tho. 

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I meant it in the sense of actually locking you out of gameplay stuff.

But yeah, game kinda throws you straight into the fray with all kinds of BS, but it definitely got potential.

I hope there's a training mode like AoC tho. 

The only real choice I can think of off the top of my head, aside from the House you align with, that matters involves Byleth. I won't get into specifics. But it will affect the ending of the game.

4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Damn it is already, the end of July this week and I still haven't touched the extra side story of XBC DE.

I mean, it’s really not that relevant. It’s Nopon Tactics with Melina. 😂

though begrudgingly I might have to play it as XBC3 is supposed to be the game that tells you how every game* in connected 

* every game being XBCX-XBC3

Edited by iStu X
6 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I unfortunately burned myself out beating the main game again

Fucking same. The back half of the game dragged on for-fucking-ever. There were so many spots where the game could have ended and I would have been happy with that. But no. It just kept going, and going, and fucking going. 

I think I put a most 100 hours into it. I only got about 30 into XBC2 but there was a lot of stuff in XBC2 that I just flat out didn’t like and couldn’t ignore. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Fucking same. The back half of the game dragged on for-fucking-ever. There were so many spots where the game could have ended and I would have been happy with that. But no. It just kept going, and going, and fucking going. 

I think I put a most 100 hours into it. I only got about 30 into XBC2 but there was a lot of stuff in XBC2 that I just flat out didn’t like and couldn’t ignore. 

I'm eventually going to get back into XBC2 despite some of the things that annoy me about it combat wise in comparison to XBC1 and XBCX, King K made a nice video about it recently that made me want to jump back in after I finish my FF7R hard run.  I told myself I won't play XBC3 until finish 2 so 3 will probably be sitting for a minute.

18 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm eventually going to get back into XBC2 despite some of the things that annoy me about it combat wise in comparison to XBC1 and XBCX, King K made a nice video about it recently that made me want to jump back in after I finish my FF7R hard run.  I told myself I won't play XBC3 until finish 2 so 3 will probably be sitting for a minute.

I have a friend borrowing XBC2 and Torna. I was hoping he had been done playing them by now but he’s a huge monster hunter fan too. So naturally he’s been playing sun break like no tomorrow 

Mario Strikers BL is pretty fun. I dunno how the Cups are compared to the Wii's version, but I definitely appreciate the gear customization.

Shame that the positions seem to be fixed around the order you pick your characters. I'd like to run with Waluigi as the captain but I've built him to be a defensive powerhouse.

The one thing I'm really missing is the old slide input. Really not digging it being tied to perfect tackles.

Really fun game tho.