Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

5 hours ago, JGreen said:

There are so many great games, why spend 300+ hours on one you don’t enjoy?

Honestly the only answer I can give you is if the game isn't really your focus. While I don't dislike the game, the main reason I've played Destiny as much as I have is because it's basically a group chat with my brother and some friends from back home with some gaming on the side. It's more enjoyable that multiple phone calls for me.

Damn, I knew Splatoon was popular in Japan but 3.45 mill those are Splatoon 2 current life time numbers for Japan if not higher. 

As with many things media related I will temper my expectations for the Nintendo Direct. Hope it exceeds my minimum expectations but will not let my hopes out weight the likely scenarios of minimum Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem and no F Zero

4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Damn, I knew Splatoon was popular in Japan but 3.45 mill those are Splatoon 2 current life time numbers for Japan if not higher. 

As with many things media related I will temper my expectations for the Nintendo Direct. Hope it exceeds my minimum expectations but will not let my hopes out weight the likely scenarios of minimum Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem and no F Zero

The only thing I’m really hoping for/borderline expecting is another system being added to NSO. 

Related, Jeff Grubb, Mike Minotti and several others have said “GameCube fans will be very happy tomorrow”. 

7 hours ago, JGreen said:

There are so many great games, why spend 300+ hours on one you don’t enjoy?

On the real though,  As much shit as I give XBC2 it has several very fun gameplay loops sprinkled through the game that can become massive time sinks. Overall I still think the game is very mediocre and I’d only recommend the game if you’re really wanting to get into the series as a whole But it has really fun gameplay loops. 

Edited by iStu X
18 minutes ago, iStu X said:

On the real though,  As much shit as I give XBC2 it has several very fun gameplay loops sprinkled through the game that can become massive time sinks. Overall I still think the game is very mediocre and I’d only recommend the game if you’re really wanting to get into the series as a whole But it has really fun gameplay loops. 

I like the game better than you do but that said it's the worst game in the series. XBC1, XBCX, XBC2: Torna The Golden Country, and XBC3 are all better games. Rex is the weakest of the leads although.... 

Spoiler

he turns into the ultimate Gigachad after the game.

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I like the game better than you do but that said it's the worst game in the series. XBC1, XBCX, XBC2: Torna The Golden Country, and XBC3 are all better games. Rex is the weakest of the leads although.... 

Hide contents

made you talking about NG+ story or the actual post credits ending where 

Spoiler

We know he’s going to get some weird twincest threesome action? 

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I can agree with that. Although I think it and XBC are about on par, as while XBC1 had a much better story and lead, I do prefer the fully fleshed battle systems of XBC2. That being said Torna if taken as it's own game is my favorite having still not gotten around to playing 3.

Edit

@iStu X

Spoiler

If Rex was a good lead that would be a given. Hell the title screen alludes to four way relationship with Nina there too but Rex is just the fellow that would turn two of the ladies down.

Edited by Wellman
Just now, iStu X said:

made you talking about NG+ story or the actual post credits ending where 

Reveal hidden contents

We know he’s going to get some weird twincest threesome action? 

Nah what I'm talking about isn't in the 2nd game. It's from the 3rd game's ending and was apparently spoiled before that game launched. 

Spoiler

A character in the third game has a photo of the XBC2 cast that was clearly taken years after the game ended. You can Google it if you really want to be spoiled. I'll leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Nah what I'm talking about isn't in the 2nd game. It's from the 3rd game's ending and was apparently spoiled before that game launched. 

Reveal hidden contents

A character in the third game has a photo of the XBC2 cast that was clearly taken years after the game ended. You can Google it if you really want to be spoiled. I'll leave it at that.

Ah. Not clicking that then. 

8 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, I can agree with that. Although I think it and XBC are about on par, as while XBC1 had a much better story and lead, I do prefer the fully fleshed battle systems of XBC2. That being said Torna if taken as it's own game is my favorite having still not gotten around to playing 3.

Edit

@iStu X

Hide contents

If Rex was a good lead that would be a given. Hell the title screen alludes to four way relationship with Nina there too but Rex is just the fellow that would turn two of the ladies down.

My mans not even old enough to drink and he’s pulling in more than I could ever dream of. 

Sad Season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

4 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Ah. Not clicking that then. 

Just to be safe, I didn't put the image in question in the spoiler. That said be VERY careful when Googling XBC2 or Rex. Before my dumbass realized that XBC3 has a movie gallery (it's staple of the franchise at this point). I Googled to verify if I saw what I thought I saw and it autofilled the spoiler after I typed like four letters. In fact I'd just avoid googling XBC2 at all.

11 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My mans not even old enough to drink and he’s pulling in more than I could ever dream of. 

Sad Season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

My friend that is just one of the many reasons most folk hate his cloud scuba chaps wearing dumb ass. Myself included, I love anime/manga and can deal with the tropes but he brought nothing besides minor optimism and goofiness. I honestly feel you could take any playable Nopon character in the whole franchise, including Tora, stick them in the lead role minus the romance and have a more entertaining story.

Splatoon 3 is making me miss miiverse all over again...:(

Edit:  I'm really liking what they did with Splatsville in this game.  There's clearly some spaces that look like places for DLC areas in the future.  Also liking the fact that there's different lobby music that plays and you can also practice while waiting for a match to load up.  Everything feels like a step up with this game so far.

This started playing in the lobby for me tonight and I was like...Who TF is the DJ right now? lol

Can't wait to hear more of the music than what I've heard so far from tonight.

Edited by Sonichuman
11 hours ago, iStu X said:

Ah that makes some sense. That loop must be quite good if it’s kept you invested in the game for so long. 

Outside the obnoxious amount of farming sims showed off the Direct was pretty good. 

I’m the most excited about 

Octo Path 2

new fatal frame

Front Mission 1-3 updates 

Tales of Symphonia remake

theatrhythm

crisis core (I owned it on psp but never played it) 

Harvesta

Edited by iStu X

Square Enix went ham with a ton of games that I can't tell apart. 

Oh well, Pikmin and Octopath aren't my thing, so this direct was obnoxiously mid to me. BotW2 finally got a name, Tears of the Kingdom, but the only tears I see are my own's because of that May 2023 release date.

New FE looks alright and I did notice Micaiah and Lyn on that opening sequence. Need more info though. Presentation-wise, it looks great.

The only unfortunate news is that Metroid did not have anything mentioned. It's ok though, I'm a Makoto fan, I'm used to it.

Makoto_didnt_make_it.jpg

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

New FE looks alright and I did notice Micaiah and Lyn on that opening sequence. Need more info though. Presentation-wise, it looks great.

Yeah the rumors ahead of it's announcement said the team brought some other developers to help polish up the graphics and it shows. From a graphical stand point it's leagues above Three Houses. Three Houses has a great artstyle so it hid how meh the graphics were from a technical standpoint. 

25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah the rumors ahead of it's announcement said the team brought some other developers to help polish up the graphics and it shows. From a graphical stand point it's leagues above Three Houses. Three Houses has a great artstyle so it hid how meh the graphics were from a technical standpoint. 

What I'm really hoping for are better map designs.

FE varies wildly between games, so it's hard to have expectations for it because we never really know how things will work. I'd guess the phantom summons will replace Battalions and Gambits, but I'm not quite sure how they'll work when it comes to progression and enemies. Both Pair Up and Battalions were available for enemies in past games, but I don't see random bandits running around with ancient villains in Paralogues and side missions.

A break from the whole "fight the other playable characters" thing is also nice. Three Houses kinda fumbled the ball a bit by introducing the obviously evil and overarching antagonistic Agarthans but not having a golden ending. From what I've heard, Three Hopes kinda double down on it.

The Protag looks even more ridiculous than usual. Incredible. The old Great Knight looks nice. Hopefully he's closer to Frederick than say, Gunter. Didn't really care about the rest.

Now that I'm rewatching the trailer, I'm getting crazy Awakening vibes from that beginning section of the protag waking up and having to fight some "corrupted" with a Great Knight and a probably useless Cleric. The Mage kid stands in for Robin. You know someone will have a ring to summon Grima too.

Presentation-wise, the game looks great.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yep, Emblems are the stat sticks of this game. They look waaaaay more tame than Battalions and Pair Ups, but I can't help but notice all the skills they're packing.

The lack of a durability meter for the weapons is kinda glaring too. PLEASE don't be like Fates. 🤢

Hol up...

unknown.png

Celica gives WARP RAGNAROK!?

lol_chair.gif

SSS-Tier confirmed, holy shit. This is hilariously busted.

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Honestly that price isn’t surprising. Also fingers crossed for an physical release in Japan or through LRG

Edited by iStu X