Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. All the Farming Sims - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope 10/20
1 hour ago, Wellman said:

I don't get after almost 20 years following franchise, my line for FE anime bullshit suddenly appears to be FE Engage two tone hair color protagonist and it being all stars instead of a original story. 

Yeah I'm apprehensive about Fire Emblem Engage. The production quality is what I'd be hoping for in FE game but that premise seems like Fire Emblem Heroes: Console Edition. Three House/Hopes had nice universe with a story line that lacked a "golden route." Which I appreciated because if a game has a Golden Route, that's the one I'm going to take 90% of the time. I had to leave out 10% in case there is some Mass Effect 3 Synthesis bullshit. My biggest issue with Three Hopes they clearly needed to push the game back to have enough to flesh out all the routes. The end game comes off as "Oh shit, we are out of time, wrap this shit up."

I think the biggest issue with Fire Emblem Engage is that game was supposed to be out to celebrate the anniversary of the series. The whole premise of the game is clearly built around that. Since it missed the date, it hits different. I think the perception of the game would be better if were on time.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah I'm apprehensive about Fire Emblem Engage. The production quality is what I'd be hoping for in FE game but that premise seems like Fire Emblem Heroes: Console Edition. Three House/Hopes had nice universe with a story line that lacked a "golden route." Which I appreciated because if a game has a Golden Route, that's the one I'm going to take 90% of the time. I had to leave out 10% in case there is some Mass Effect 3 Synthesis bullshit. My biggest issue with Three Hopes they clearly needed to push the game back to have enough to flesh out all the routes. The end game comes off as "Oh shit, we are out of time, wrap this shit up."

I think the biggest issue with Fire Emblem Engage is that game was supposed to be out to celebrate the anniversary of the series. The whole premise of the game is clearly built around that. Since it missed the date, it hits different. I think the perception of the game would be better if were on time.

Tbh, I don't really mind the premise. 

Sure, there are narrative concerns like "Will the new characters and story actually manage to stand on their own", but I'm not immediately opposed by the idea.

The protag design is just atrocious. At some point someone gotta look at the character designer and tell him to fuck off with that. I'm really hoping this one is actually customizable for once. Awakening was like 10 years ago and they haven't managed to put out a decent protag since that.

I did notice the archer shooting on a tower, so hopefully there's more terrain variety.

I'm still astonished at Celica giving people goddamn Warp Ragnarok. That's U N G A. 🤣

Jesus Christ, Fire Emblem's art direction has become so hideous. That cover looks like it's a crossover with Genshin Impact and they put barely any effort in both the game's subtitle or the font used for it.

I mean, just look at this glorious thing by comparison:

krOKyMURIHXpr3v1lrSv9w.jpeg

I know it's working for them and the series has never been as popular, but out of all the videogame-y stuff out there I really wish FE went back to its early 2000s identity.

It looks like a Square Enix game, not a Fire Emblem game. That's the problem, imo. No one would be questioning the MCs design if this where an SE joint. Yea people would say it's ugly but they wouldn't be surprised. Typical of SE to vomit an entire box crayons onto a sheet of paper and call it a character design. 

Not so much with Nintendo properties. 

Edited by RSG3
19 hours ago, RegH81 said:

Splatoon 3: Oh, look at that? Your team is WINNING! Pressing the enemy back, that you are. And the match is almost over. Would be a real shame if THE CONNECTION were suddenly to become UNSTABLE. 

Me: Tv Smash GIF by Ridiculousness

I mean if the message that pops up afterwards is telling the truth at least whoever did will be rewarded the loss (not that it matters outside of Anarchy/rank) and everyone else just has to deal with a draw and a wasted match.

That shit in Salmon Run or the idiots that think it is cool to suicide instead of helping... Fuck them little shits.

I have been failing Team Grub horribly last night.  Getting absolutely bodied.  I just got to level 4 and being able to buy clothes but some of these squids out here have been grinding their ass off.  They already got 3 perk clothes on and shit and I'm still with just the one perk struggling lol.  I'm gonna have to start playing more defensive in a support manner until I get some stuff cause I'm feeling like an anchor right now.

Stringer is fun to use but fucking hard to master.   I'm using the mentality that the vid I posted earlier is using while using it and it helps with getting in the right head space.  I'm probably never going to be at the top of the charts with it but that's fine so long as I can keep supporting the team and keeping the other team in check from far away.    If someone manages to sneak behind me or get close to me I may as well kiss my ass good bye.  90% of the time in one on one's you're dying with this weapon.  I'm really going to have to work on making a specific build to use for this and I think it's going to be mostly boosting defense however you can while making the main attack stronger with a sprinkling of whatever you feel works more so for your playstyle.  That's what I'm thinking I need to make the best of it.

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

How the fuck did Grub get the least amount of votes out of the 3 options and 58.28% of people choose Gear?

Edit: Gear won the splatfest.

I bet that was...HARD TO CHEW ON!

Team Grub was chewed up and spit out by the competition! 

I bet that was tough to swallow! 

I could go on BUUUUUT TEAM GEAR WE #1! 🥳

11 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Do you not get a side arm in Splatoon?

No side arms in Splatoon.  You get your main weapon that may or may have a secondary function with it, and you have your sub weapon which is usually some form of tossable bomb, shield, status effect/enemy tracker.    The Stringer I have right now has mist that slows people down and makes it so they have less ink to work with.  It's not a bad sub but I don't think it's a good fit with the Stringer....I think if I can get a Stringer with a  Gate I'd be more of a threat I feel. 

One change I've noticed between 2 and 3 while playing is that they made the ink requirements for throwing subs higher it feels like.   In 2 I used to be able to fire off subs within 3 secs of each other with refilling in the ink but now it feels like it takes double the time.

Yeah, used to lob out sub weapons at a decent clip but now some of them require a lot more ink meaning tossing them leads to diving in your ink cause you can't do shit else. It balances things a bit but makes some weapons worst for more aggressive types and fuck are some of the subs absolutely terrible if you need crowd control or a near instant revenge on bad super jump.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, Wellman said:

Yeah, used to lob out sub weapons at a decent clip but now some of them require a lot more ink meaning tossing them leads to diving in your ink cause you can't do shit else. It balances things a bit but makes some weapons worst for more aggressive types and fuck are some of the subs absolutely terrible if you need crowd control or a near instant revenge on bad super jump.

Ink management is way more important in this game now which I guess works becuase it makes having the ink saver perks more valuable.  Unsure on if I like it personally or not but if I'm looking at it from the grand scheme I get it. 

Patch notes for Splat 3

Ver. 1.1.2 (Released September 29, 2022)

Changes to Connectivity

Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors following battles and job shifts.

Changes to Player Controls

Fixed an issue where players using dualies would stop attacking and enter swim form at the end of a Dodge Roll regardless of whether they were holding the ZR Button.

Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller gear ability where the player would enter swim form at the end of their Drop Roll if they pressed the ZR Button while holding the ZL Button during the Drop Roll, regardless of whether they continued holding the ZR Button.

Fixed an issue with splatanas that caused players to perform two sequential horizontal slashes following a charged slash even if they only pressed the ZR Button once.

Changes to Multiplayer

Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.

Implemented measures to prevent issues where players would clip through and get stuck in terrain when turning from swim form into humanoid form near a Tacticooler placed in the corner of certain maps.

Other Changes

Fixed an issue where the game would crash when the player finished editing their locker with a photo stand placed in the locker.

Fixed an issue with receiving a new catalog after reaching catalog level 100, where a communication error happening or the game crashing could result in the catalog-receiving event not triggering.

(In cases where this issue has already occurred, the catalog-receiving event will play again once the player has restarted the software and entered Hotlantis.)

Fixed an issue relating to Super Sea Snails. If you were unable to receive Super Sea Snails from the first Splatfest, the final-results news broadcast will replay and you will now be able to collect your Super Sea Snails.

Because this update patch focuses on additional fixes to connection-related issues and fixes to some control and battle-related issues, we have prioritized its release.

We identified an issue where communications with the server are interrupted during a battle or job shift due to settings on the player's network equipment and their internet provider.

We have implemented measures to reduce communication interruptions and reduce subsequent errors after a battle or job shift even if an interruption does occur.

Additionally, we have implemented provisional fixes regarding some problems that affect the feeling and feedback of controls while playing.

In the case of the issue with clipping through terrain when using a Tacticooler, we decided that it was more important to quickly release a solution that mitigates the issue rather than hold out for a “perfect fix.”

Furthermore, if players are found to be harassing other players or otherwise violating Nintendo’s Community Guidelines by intentionally exploiting game bugs, we are actively taking measures including suspension of online play.

The next patch will focus primarily on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current patch.

We continue to observe and analyze battle data and are planning to make further adjustments around the midpoint of the current season.

I'm playing through Hyrule Warriors. I made it to the "twist" and it turned me off the first time and I stopped playing. Now that I know I'm a little more accepting of it. 

I'm also to 112 Shrines found on my own without a guide in BOTW. I thinknthe last 8 are behind side quests as I've ignored most of those on my Hero Mode run. Probably time to start getting those done now. I feel like I've combed the map and even with the Sensor turned on all the time it never goes off anymore.