Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

26 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm playing through Hyrule Warriors. I made it to the "twist" and it turned me off the first time and I stopped playing. Now that I know I'm a little more accepting of it. 

I'm also to 112 Shrines found on my own without a guide in BOTW. I thinknthe last 8 are behind side quests as I've ignored most of those on my Hero Mode run. Probably time to start getting those done now. I feel like I've combed the map and even with the Sensor turned on all the time it never goes off anymore. 

Anytime I boot up BotW, my wife keeps asking if I've found Kass' house yet and I keep telling her no cause I'm stubborn and want to find it myself...but I feel like I've went EVERYWHERE on this map.

37 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

That's the same thing I said when she told me lol.  Yeah supposedly there is a journal in there and it might be tied to a hidden shrine...its been a while so I'm a bit fuzzy on that but I woudn't be surprised if there was.

Well shit I didn't know that lol. Amazing how much time I have in this game and still so much to find and see. 

I hope Kas is in Tears of the Kingdom. Hestu as well. I like how the Korok seeds are handled the same I'd be more then happy with them returning. 

Edited by RSG3
21 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well shit I didn't know that lol. Amazing how much time I have in this game and still so much to find and see. 

I hope Kas is in Tears of the Kingdom. Hestu as well. I like how the Korok seeds are handled I'd be more then happy with them returning. 

Kass is great and if he returns I'm going to look forward to listening out for his accordian in surround sound.  When I first played BotW, I didn't have my surround sound setup.  When I started playing through some of my hero mode file with the setup on and the 4K TV it made me appreciate the game even more.  I wish I had the first play through with it but I'm sure I'll enjoy TotK even better with it.

Come to think of it...TotK has to be the most anticipated game Nintendo has coming out of their pipeline objectively right now...right?  I've been so caught up with the fact that we actually got a subtitle and a trailer witha date that the gravity of the game coming out in May (potentially...there's always a high chance of a delay).  That is literally a month before E3 month...and they aren't even worried about not positioning this game to be the holiday game either so now I'm wondering what else they have planned for next year specifically for the 2nd half of the yeah and the holidays.

So I thought I had finished the final boss of Splatoon 3.

Spoiler

I got all the Fuzzy Ozze off Mr. Grizz before time ran out. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT. It turns out that not only do you have to get all four pieces of Fuzzy Ozze off Mr. Grizz. You also gotta blast the MF with ink! Before time runs out! In other words, you can still fail even if you get all the Fuzzy Ozze off if there isn't enough time left, which is highly likely given all the stuff to distract you from your goal. I have not been this pissed at a final boss in a long time.

57 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

So I thought I had finished the final boss of Splatoon 3.

Hide contents

I got all the Fuzzy Ozze off Mr. Grizz before time ran out. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT. It turns out that not only do you have to get all four pieces of Fuzzy Ozze off Mr. Grizz. You also gotta blast the MF with ink! Before time runs out! In other words, you can still fail even if you get all the Fuzzy Ozze off if there isn't enough time left, which is highly likely given all the stuff to distract you from your goal. I have not been this pissed at a final boss in a long time.

really? huh, he seemed easy enough to me...

Got Monk Maz Koshia bit earlier today on Hero Mode. Got him on my first try but he still took work. That clone shits a little ridiculous unless there's some trick I didn't figure out which is very likely. His first phase, the first 50% took my entire 10 minute Str buff but once I got him to phase 2 he went down pretty quick. Much easier as a larger target. 

That leaves the past 4 shrines (I'm. At 116 I think) and the Master Sword trials for Hard Mode. I'm honestly not looking forward to it...

21 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Got Monk Maz Koshia bit earlier today on Hero Mode. Got him on my first try but he still took work. That clone shits a little ridiculous unless there's some trick I didn't figure out which is very likely. His first phase, the first 50% took my entire 10 minute Str buff but once I got him to phase 2 he went down pretty quick. Much easier as a larger target. 

That leaves the past 4 shrines (I'm. At 116 I think) and the Master Sword trials for Hard Mode. I'm honestly not looking forward to it...

Good luck on the master sword trials...don't forget to eat the trees.  Even if the wood only gives you 1/4 a heart for eating it....better than nothing.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:47 AM, Sonichuman said:

Holy shit that is nuts.  I was about to say, I don't know what is more impressive, the guy who created it or the person who was playing it.  But then I realized it was the creator trying to beat it so he could upload it.  I'm guessing it's Mario Maker 1  since it said no more uploading.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:05 AM, Sonichuman said:

Good luck on the master sword trials...don't forget to eat the trees.  Even if the wood only gives you 1/4 a heart for eating it....better than nothing.

I'd rather use the wood for updrafts on demand. Iirc, 4 bundles and some fire and you're good.

36 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

I'm excited for the new Fire Emblem game, but can I push through Three Houses and the Musou by the 20th of January?

You could, but I'm not sure you have to.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:18 PM, Sonichuman said:

That's the same thing I said when she told me lol.  Yeah supposedly there is a journal in there and it might be tied to a hidden shrine...its been a while so I'm a bit fuzzy on that but I woudn't be surprised if there was.

I think I know where it is? If it is where I'm thinking, it's a pain in the ass to get there. I might boot up one of my old saves real quick. 

Come to think of it, I should finish up that Limited Food run I was doing. That game gets UGLY when you only have 5 food slots. Probably the best way to play it though. I feel it gets a little too easy when you can just heal up so much on demand.

Agreed with both your voice feelings.  Jack Black as Bowser was very surprising.  He sounds fantastic.  Had i not known it was him prior, I don't think I would have guessed him.

I was expecting some kind of silly italian accent from Mario so that was pretty weak that it was just his normal speaking voice.  I hope they change it.  They barely had him say anything in the teaser though so we'll see. 

Kamek, Toad, and the penguin's voices were all perfectly fitting to the Mario world as well.

Would be neat if Mario is from Brooklyn like the old cartoon in this movie, seems he's actually not from Mushroom Kingdom here. Guessing he slips into a pipe that takes him to another world somehow 

I'm definitely excited. May take my nephew with me, not sure if he'll stay seated and watch tho lol

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

May be a hit take but I don't want to listen to 2 hours of Martinets Mario...

This really shouldn't be a hot take because I love Martinet as Mario.  He's the de facto voice whenever I see Mario or having and that's the case for most people even in most parodies and fan projects...but people don't realize you'd have to hear Martinet like that speaking full blown sentences and having a conversation with other characters throughout the course of an hour and a half/2 hour movie.  It'll be fun and great at first...and then it'll wear out it's welcome pretty quick.  They probably could have just had Martinet dial it back a bit to acceptable levels and everything probably would have been fine though.  Have him still happy and cheery but deepen his voice a bit or could have even had him do a Brooklyn accent. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

This really shouldn't be a hot take because I love Martinet as Mario.  He's the de facto voice whenever I see Mario or having and that's the case for most people even in most parodies and fan projects...but people don't realize you'd have to hear Martinet like that speaking full blown sentences and having a conversation with other characters throughout the course of an hour and a half/2 hour movie.  It'll be fun and great at first...and then it'll wear out it's welcome pretty quick.  They probably could have just had Martinet dial it back a bit to acceptable levels and everything probably would have been fine though.  Have him still happy and cheery but deepen his voice a bit or could have even had him do a Brooklyn accent. 

Martinet could have done it. If he changed up the voice. He was pretty good as Magenta in Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I can more or less ignore Pratt as Mario. The voice isn't great, but that was expected. It just really feels like Illumination is going to go to their basic playbook of jokes that are stale and played out once again. I'm hoping that's not the case, but who knows? Also, please don't make Peach some sassy and smug modern update. That would fuck things up way more than Pratt's voice.

13 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Pilotwings 64 is getting an update on the Switch, it's going to run at 60 fps

Have all the N64 games looked this clean graphically or is this just Pilotwings 64 running at 60 fps?   I feel like the clarity is way up on this especially with them putting the comparison shots side by side.

I believe some have gotten touch ups but I can't say all did.

I know I posted this in the videogame thread as well, however, I figured I'd post it here too so people don't make the same mistake. If you're interested in Tunic, I'd get the PS5 or Xbox version over the Switch. I got the Switch version first since I didn't know it was on PS5. The Switch version takes a hit in the graphics and framerate that makes the other systems the way to play. That said, if you don't have another way to play it and you're interested in it, I'd get the Switch version just to experience it. It always amazes me when a game of this quality is made by just one person.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I've been on a real Zelda kick the last few weeks and I gotta say Nintendo having HD renditions of WW and TP but them still not being on the Switch yet is really really frustrating...

Agreed. Still holding out hope at least one of them comes out. I’d really like TP since I only beat that one once and it would probably feel like a new game to me. 

Speaking of Zelda, I tried Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, but just didn’t like the stylus control.