Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

The anti-SJW crowd is having a meltdown over the Super Mario Bros. Movie trailer.

It's almost like... and hear me out here.. it's almost like Mario is a newbie to the Mushroom Kingdom so all this stuff is well, new to him. But Peach has lived there her whole life. Not only that, she's a ruler of a freaking kingdom. This is far from being the first time Peach was not a damsel in distress. Super Mario Bros. 2., Super Paper Mario, the Super Mario Bros. Adventures manga and so on.

But hey, these clowns can cry harder for all I care.

Marine Life Reaction GIF by pikaole

Edited by RegH81
30 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

The anti-SJW crowd is having a meltdown over the Super Mario Bros. Movie trailer.

It's almost like... and hear me out here.. it's almost like Mario is a newbie to the Mushroom Kingdom so all this stuff is well, new to him. But Peach has lived there her whole life. Not only that, she's a ruler of a freaking kingdom. This is far from being the first time Peach was not a damsel in distress. Super Mario Bros. 2., Super Paper Mario, the Super Mario Bros. Adventures manga and so on.

The Office Thank You GIF

I had a feeling that some dumb shit was going to come out of this the moment I saw Peach pick up that Halberd and show confidence.  Both sides have horrible shit takes in this with the "Anti-woke" crowd having the worst of this.  It's like they weren't even paying attention to anything that's been happening the trailers and they're just looking at the footage on super surface level.  Mario could trip on a rock in the Mushroom Kingdom in this trailer that he didn't know was there and Peach would go "you should watch out for that rock" and the anti woke crowd would go '"RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!".

Mario is clearly going to get better as the movie goes on since all this shit is new to him.  It's so fucking obvious that when I first saw that tweet that I put in VGG I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough.   And the other side is being dumb as shit by saying "We're glad that Mario looks weak in this movie"  WTF?  Dude doesn't even know what the fuck is going on or what the rules are in this universe and they just expect him to instinctively know you're supposed to stomp on koopas or grabbing a tanooki suit gives him the power of flight.  It's dumb as shit.

9 hours ago, RegH81 said:

BOTH sides of this argument shouldn't exist. I'm not for SJW stuff at all BUT two things can be right here. This movie (so far) isn't woke so Dataracer is out of line here but those gen z peeps tweets painfully remind us why they're gen z. Gen Z is unaware Peach BEEN a literal playable character since the near beginning. Peach didn't JUST become a girlboss for this movie. 

Sheeeeittt, I was just hyped to see that oh yes---the TANOOKI SUIT is in there, folks...and some Mario Kart action too!  Now I'm wondering what other legendary powerups we might see in there... hopefully the Hammer Bros. suit?  That and Kuribo's Shoe were my favorite ones.

I still haven't seen the Sonic movie yet, but slowly and surely they're finally proving that videogame movies CAN be accurate and good. (*but there's still the 1 nitpick about Sonic I just remembered ----Dr. Robotnik/Eggman is supposed to be fat.  I'm still inclined to see it though.)

Edited by MillionX

Kinda bummed DK didn't speak in the trailer, I hear word he's voiced by Seth Rogan and is gettin a spin off in the Mario movie is a hit (which I'm sure it will be). 

And I see it'll be an origin story for Mario which I didn't expect. Also it's pretty different that Peach won't be a damsel in distress in this, not complaining either. They can possibly save that plot for a later movie and probably get a few gags out of it

5 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Gen Z is unaware Peach BEEN a literal playable character since the near beginning. Peach didn't JUST become a girlboss for this movie. 

She's literally regarded as the best character in SMB2 (Luigi is my personal fav). It's a good thing Twitter wasn't around in 1988 or the Mario franchise might not have survived 😂

11 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

She's literally regarded as the best character in SMB2 (Luigi is my personal fav). It's a good thing Twitter wasn't around in 1988 or the Mario franchise might not have survived 😂

Eh it's a toss up between her, Toad, and Weejie. She can float but Toad digs faster and Luigi jumps higher and farther. 

Only "bad" character is ironically Mario since he's average at everything. He excelles at nothing. 

6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Eh it's a toss up between her, Toad, and Weejie. She can float but Toad digs faster and Luigi jumps higher and farther. 

Only "bad" character is ironically Mario since he's average at everything. He excelles at nothing. 

You see, the woke SJW's hopped into a DeLorean, went back in time, and made Mario the worst character 🙃

They also collected Gold Stars in stages in Mario 64 so there is president for Stars doing more then just making you a walking seizure warning. 

Didn't they go back to Stars for Galaxy as well? Stars, Shines, back to Stars then Moons no?

Moons are Mario World as well if I remember correctly. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, Lantis said:

I don't get it, Peach has been consistently portrayed as a character always being able to hold her own. The fact that people choose to perpetuate the "damsel in distress" stereotype is quite baffling.

I love how every time Bowsers shown "Holding her hostage" it's like a Sunday vacation. SHE HAD HER OWN FUCKING RUBBER DUCKY BOAT IN SUNSHINE FOR CHRIST SAKES!!"

She's not s fucking damsel in distress if she's never under fucking distress lmao. 

20221201_105751.jpg

Look at that shit. Distressed my ass. 

Edited by RSG3

All the characters from SMB2 have their pros and cons which makes for a great cast. If I gotta dig in the desert, I'm picking Toad. If I want that air time, Luigi and Peach got my back. Mario... is painfully average. Now that I think about, in SMB2, he kinda gets upstaged by everyone else.

------

EDIT: Meant, to post this in the GD Gaming Thread, but the game is on everything so eh, it works.

Edited by RegH81
3 minutes ago, RegH81 said:

Now that I think about, in SMB2, he kinda gets upstaged by everyone else.

Hes the balance between the other 3 so that means hes good at nothing. Jack of all Trades Master of None, problem is Mario 2 presents few situations where you need to dig fast then jump high or something. You only need 1, high or long jump, or quick dig. You dont need all 3 so Mario ends up just being pointless.

Poor Papa.

Yeah Wart has had a few cameos as a sprite and he was Link's Awakening but they have never brought him back to my knowledge. But given they adopted the Shy Guys and co from that game into Mario's roster why not the evil nightmare frog. Could certainly use it to give Bowser some rest and have a different bad guy.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:43 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Wait, a plumber from Brooklyn that's transported to new world isn't instantly a bad ass. They are literally asking him to be a Mary Sue/Gary Stu. Dumb take. Confirmation bias reeks it's ugly head once again.

Bleh, it's a cartoon, people of all persuasions need to sit down and calm their tits. I miss the days when people could just watch/play something, be entertained by it, and leave it at that without having to overanalyze or foist their headcanons onto everything.

21 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah Wart has had a few cameos as a sprite and he was Link's Awakening but they have never brought him back to my knowledge. But given they adopted the Shy Guys and co from that game into Mario's roster why not the evil nightmare frog. Could certainly use it to give Bowser some rest and have a different bad guy.

I need Fawful to come back one more time to team with Wart and the Smithy Gang