Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

I realize it's likely also my "iffy" internet service in general being a factor but I finally made use of the ethernet port to be "wired" to redownload my games to the new OLED...and yeah that's been an improvement.  The Borderlands games are of course larger files so I definitely had to for that; Pre-Sequel took a while but it was still an improvement over the multiple hours estimation it showed when I started on wifi.  I think these 2 (B2 and Pre-Sequel) are the biggest games in my collection in terms of the file size.  I still have plenty more to redownload though...

..this is also the first time I've connected the system to the "main" big tv and it looks great...I also played a bit more of Diablo 3 on it for a while.  

Anyway, it will be cool to see this game get a Switch release as well; I've already been playing it on Steam Deck and it's cool:

I’m copying my post about it I left on FB but this is how I feel about Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

Just beat the main story for Pokemon Violet and wow.  What an amazing game. In terms of Gameplay this is the best Pokémon has ever been. It’s the apex. It’ll be hard to top this going forward. Not even due to the fact it’s open world Just simply everything about the gameplay is top notch. 

Crafting. Battling. Exploration. Pacing. Accessibility. The whole nine is basically ten-out-of-ten. Same with key characters and Pokémon designs. Soundtrack is great too. 

In terms of story the only thing that held back how impactful and good the story being told was its lack of voice acting. So many scenes and moments would have been infinitely better as well as impactful if they had voice acting. Even if it had been in an limited capacity. 

If it had voice acting when and where it would have been the most needed I genuinely feel Scarlet/Violet would be on par with BlackWhite/BlackWhite 2 as the greatest Pokémon story ever told. 

What an absolutely astounding game. Don’t let silly technical hiccups and the memes posted on social media fool you. This is Pokémon at its undeniable and unequivocal best.

3 minutes ago, Lantis said:

So MK8 is like their equivalent of GTA V?

Sorta, GTAV is still around due to the money Take Two is pulling of the GTA Online microtransactions. MK8 is just getting by on sales of the game itself. Even before the latest DLC, It wouldn't leave the Top Ten sales charts. I'm honestly surprised it took Nintendo so long to drop more DLC for the game. It's practically a platform in and of itself.

Full patch notes for MK8D

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26098/~/how-to-update-mario-kart-8-deluxe

General
  • Added “Custom Items” to item Rules.
    • This is a feature that lets you decide which items appear.
    • This is supported in VS Race, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, Shine Thief, Renegade Roundup, Playing with friends, Tournaments, and Wireless Play.
    • Items that have not been set to appear may still appear according to the connection environment and game situation.
  • When getting struck by lightning while gliding through the air, the glider no longer closes.
  • The period of invincibility after spinning or crashing now changes, depending on the driver or machine parts.
  • When a user cannot download any new ghost data, they can now delete all the ghost data they downloaded until then.
  • Deleted “Recommended” in Tournaments.
Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue where coins would not be added when touching an opponents’ Crazy Eight coin.
  • Fixed an issue where there was a communication error when using the item Boo.
  • Fixed an issue where using the Super Horn would not hit more than one opponent at the same time.
  • Fixed an issue where images in SNES Mario Circuit 3 would look distorted.
  • Fixed an issue where a player could not acquire multiple items in a row in GBA Snow Land.
  • Fixed an issue where points would not be added to a member list, when spectating an online match.
  • Fixed an issue where, when selecting a team, the COM characters that actually play in the game were not the same as shown on selection screen.
  • Fixed an issue where the warning sound was not playing when a Red Shell or Spiny Shell comes from behind.
  • Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.

11 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Reminder that Big Run in Splatoon is this weekend.

Felt meh to me...my gal and I played a few last night. It's not that much different. I was expecting...I don't know more? Oooh! When I think about a big run, make it an endless run. More rounds survived more rewards. To keep it balanced, how you fare won't affect your current rank in salmon runs. You're playing for rewards. 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread
On 12/10/2022 at 4:41 AM, JGreen said:

Started listening to Xenoblade 3’s ost again. I really hope they put this up on Spotify or better yet, give it a physical release. I think I’m going to have to dive back in and finish some more side quests. It’s such a great game. 

I'm legit surprised that they've not released a physical copy of the soundtrack yet. I imported 2's OST from Japan (via Amazon) and was pleasantly surprised by the music diversity.