Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, globe said:

Pokemon spoilers

Hide contents

That variant of Dialga and Palkia 🤮

Yeah, I came here to warn you that Legends is already out on the streets and y'all better be careful with the spoilers.

If y'all want a peek...

Spoiler

Also, I'm told there's a horny genie. 🤣

15 hours ago, Wellman said:

Yeah I know Nintendo has been more DLC and continued support after the initial release competent this last generation and a half, but I just have suddenly realized Tetris 99 has had longer support then any Nintendo game that isn't on mobile or Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Granted each theme background is just art assets so that isn't hard but someone keeps coming up with the remixed tracks so that is impressive they keep feeding it's audience content however small. I am not complaining just noticed this is the most they have done compared to even Splatoon.

The music in some of those themes are absolute bangers. The animal crossing and Splatoon music especially are just awesome.

Escatos shield is super important, much like it was in Judgment Silversword. Eschatos still Qutes greatest achievement. So fucking good. 

Gunnail is also a cool if quirky shooter. It's the best NMK ever did imo. That game has ideas, personality, an awesome art style, hangin music and spot on gameplay. Pro tip: Don't use the purple laser. It's not good. You desperately wish is was because it's purple and looks awesome but it's bad unfortunately. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Apparently the N64 NSO app has been internally updated significantly. Mainly most games input latencies have been reduced by 20-30ms and a lot of cosmetic stuff people have noticed have been fixed 

Yea I been seeing that to. The water OOT s lake room is fixed bow for a blatant example. Might be worth the dosh now.

Might be.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Hisui Bound! - Pokémon Legends: Arceus 1/28

Ordered my copy of the Valis collection for Switch as a gift for getting another quarterly contract. Did not spend extra for the CE, figured that just the regular game would be more than enough. Also, the OST for Triangle Strategy is up for preorder at the Squeenix store, but I'm not spending $60 sight unseen on the game's soundtrack. Also, I need to get some eShop bucks and get Windjammers 2, I missed out on the physical run that LRG did for the game.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
  • iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Kirby visits The Forgotten Lands 3/25!
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Wellman said:

Tomorrow as both a Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda fan, I am prepared for disappointment. 

As a Splatoon and Kirby fan I am optimistic.

Oh yeah don't even think about Metroid Prime right now.  I think that's for the best.  01/25/2019.  That was when it was officially announced that they had to restart the game so depending upon how much they had to toss out I'm not going to expect to get a trailer or update on anything until sometime next year maybe.  If we get anything this year at all I'll be surprised.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Kirby eats a convertible on 3/25

@RSG3 @Chadouken @purbeast @Sonichuman

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updated their website to include info on the DLC. They’ve release the Cup names and tracks for the first wave of the DLC

GOLDEN DASH CUP

* Paris Promenade (Tour)

* Toad Circuit (3DS)

* Choco Mountain (N64)

* Coconut Mall (Wii) 

LUCKY CAT CUP

* Tokyo Blur (Tour)

* Shroom Bridge (3DS)

* Sky Garden (GBA)

* Ninja Hideaway (Tour) 

Edited by iStu X
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

@RSG3 @Chadouken @purbeast @Sonichuman

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updated their website to include info on the DLC. They’ve release the Cup names and tracks for the first wave of the DLC

GOLDEN DASH CUP

* Paris Promenade (Tour)

* Toad Circuit (3DS)

* Choco Mountain (N64)

* Coconut Mall (Wii) 

LUCKY CAT CUP

* Tokyo Blur (Tour)

* Shroom Bridge (3DS)

* Sky Garden (GBA)

* Ninja Hideaway (Tour) 

I'm preordering it right now!  Can't believe we're paying what is practically 4.17 per wave with 8 tracks each.  I'm guessing they're fully expecting the make their money back easy and then some with the install base.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. SO. MANY. NEW. GAMES

I'm a bit fearful that they'll basically just rip a lot of the maps from Tour and those are the DLC maps for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (probably explains why they'll be able to do 48 maps). They're quite drastic in graphics quality. Just compare a map like Wild Woods to one of the maps shown in the trailer.

Still $25 for 48 maps (or "free" if you have Nintendo Online Expansion) isn't a bad deal at all.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread ver - SO. MANY. NEW. GAMES
6 hours ago, globe said:

I'm a bit fearful that they'll basically just rip a lot of the maps from Tour and those are the DLC maps for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (probably explains why they'll be able to do 48 maps). They're quite drastic in graphics quality. Just compare a map like Wild Woods to one of the maps shown in the trailer.

Still $25 for 48 maps (or "free" if you have Nintendo Online Expansion) isn't a bad deal at all.

I guess they're not 100% ready yet. If there's one thing I'm not worried about is presentation when it comes to MK8.

What I am worried about however, is about the quality of the Tour tracks themselves. Paris and Tokyo are about as complex as N64 Luigi Raceway. The Ninja one looks good tho.

I hope we get a lot of Wii and DS tracks like Maple Treeway, Airship Fortress, Toad's Factory, DK Pass, Moonview Highway, unnerfed Koopa Cape and most of all...

Wii's Rainbow Road.

Speaking of which, did y'all notice the last cup icon? Blue Shell cup is going to be scary hours.

58 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

My comment not directed to you, but please continue to be passive aggressive. 

This isn't passive aggressiveness you REALLY need to learn what that is. He wasn't being passive he was being very in your face about it. He came directly at you. Do you know what Passive means?

Just because you learned a fancy word doesn't mean you know how to apply it. 

Edited by RSG3
7 hours ago, NinetiesArcades said:

Yooo...fukin FRONT MISSION 1 remake on switch??

Happy Well Done GIF by chelsiekenyon

I agree, my only concern is that Forever Entertainment is behind this but hopefully they are able to handle this easier then trying to make a flawed but ambitious game like Panzer Dragoon work. Although I still think we should keep the bar low on this one.

4 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Thoughts? 

Subjective really but in some ways he's not fully wrong.  IIRC when Chrono Cross came out some people didn't like it especially since it barely had anything to do with Chrono Trigger and think part of that is because people in the west were mostly missing the context of Radical Dreamers.  Am I hype for Chrono Cross personally?  No but I'm happy that other people are happy and actually having the chance to actually play the game and have access to it isn't a bad thing.  So this dude needs to stop pooping on the parade.

23 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Subjective really but in some ways he's not fully wrong.  IIRC when Chrono Cross came out some people didn't like it especially since it barely had anything to do with Chrono Trigger and think part of that is because people in the west were mostly missing the context of Radical Dreamers.  Am I hype for Chrono Cross personally?  No but I'm happy that other people are happy and actually having the chance to actually play the game and have access to it isn't a bad thing.  So this dude needs to stop pooping on the parade.

I fucking hate Chrono Cross and I think it’s a garbage ass game. I will never shy away from saying either statement. 😂

That said, since I haven’t played it in over 15 years I’m also willing to give it another fair shake. Mainly due to never getting a chance to play the Radical Dreamers companion piece thats coming bundled with it. 

Will my opinion change? Maybe. If it doesn’t im only out $20 so who cares 

Edited by iStu X