Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Pass Wave 1 (Is that an Anime FG name?) might be released today.

unknown.png

https://ec.nintendo.com/AU/en/bundles/70070000013750

For those in the states, it should be around... 7pm EDT? That is assuming it's a globally synchronized release, if it's timezone-locked... 😭

Edit: IT'S OUT NOW!!!

Reveal hidden contents

14005C6A-8C93-4EB6-B732-D301B8B0C4B9.jpg

Do you not know how timezones work? Also it’s time zone locked.

21 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

They have it on the course select but without hacking, you can’t play any of them yet. I just tried to play one and got this message.

lRCv5I5.jpg

I have this pass preordered so it looks like the new courses aren’t out yet. 

Yeah, all footage are from online races with hackers online.

Spoiler for the City Tour tracks:

Spoiler

Tokyo Brrrrr changes the path by lap:
Lap 1 -
https://twitter.com/homeros_nippon/status/1504474364796096515?s=21
Lap 2 - https://twitter.com/tynanmk/status/1504461093271339017

Paris seems to have all of its variants merged or it's the same deal as Tokyo. Not sure.

24 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah, all footage are from online races with hackers online.

Spoiler for the City Tour tracks:

Hide contents

Tokyo Brrrrr changes the path by lap:
Lap 1 -
https://twitter.com/homeros_nippon/status/1504474364796096515?s=21
Lap 2 - https://twitter.com/tynanmk/status/1504461093271339017

Paris seems to have all of its variants merged or it's the same deal as Tokyo. Not sure.

Great!  I can't wait!  I still have a ton of unpacking to do but I'm definitely gonna hop on and get my gold cups real quick so I can get familiar.   Gotta find my lines.

FYI not sure if people know or not, but McDonalds right now has Mario Kart toys for the Happy Meal toys.

Got one for my son last weekend and the Happy Meal container box was Mario Kart themed and I was like cool.  Then we opened it at home and the toy inside was Peach on a motorcycle with the wheels turned for gravity parts.

It actually rolls too, has 2 wheels on it.

MkVCvVd.jpg

Edited by purbeast
7 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

If my pocket wouldn't completely destroy those things off of the keychain I'd probably be inclined the get the OoT one

I ended up having enough points to get all four (they come in two-packs). I won’t use them. I don’t really have keys or use a lanyard. So they’re going to go in my little knickknacks chest I have sitting on top of my bookshelf. 

Edited by iStu X
15 hours ago, iStu X said:

I ended up having enough points to get all four (they come in two-packs). I won’t use them. I don’t really have keys or use a lanyard. So they’re going to go in my little knickknacks chest I have sitting on top of my bookshelf. 

I only managed to get the one set with Star Fox. But I let a bunch expire and wasted on digital nonsense so that is on me.

5 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I started Dark Souls 3 today and it's definitely more my speed. I'm using a Knight build who comes with some pretty good gear and weapons to start with, but can anyone recommend some broken weapons that would work with a strength build? I'm not interested in getting good, I just want to kill stuff.

More your speed compared to? 

I always recommend the Claymore. The Executioners Great Sword is a good one to, as is the plain old Guts inspired Greatsword. Man Serpant Hatchet is cool. The Great Axe is really good to. 

A lot of the unique Str weapons in 3 are split damage so Phys and Lightning or something. I tend to stick to just Phys as it outpaces in the long run generally anyway so the "Generic" weapons are the best ones for casual play imo. If you want to have a Great Sword, have a quick agile fun character and do pretty good damage for the whole game the Faron Greatsword is a lot of fun. Has a bonkers but fun FP Skill. It's requires 18 Str and 20 Dex. You have to beat the Abyss Watchers first but they aren't that far into the game. Transmute their soul back at Firelink for a fun Greatsword. 

Most of the other crazy greatswords are late game making them not really fit your criteria. 

So I've been playing through new tracks and getting used to them, trying to get my gold cups and 3 stars and what not.  I'm not 100% on this but I feel that with this update they may have changed the % on some of the items you get in first cause I'm noticing that coins are not near guaranteed to be received  as much if you have an open slot for your items.  You still get them frequent but it seems they may have toned it down a bit to give a better opportunity to get other defensive items.  This is just me playing against the computer though so I don't know if it's real, placebo, or different online because of chaos in the abyss.  I may do some online tomorrow to find out.

Edit: Tested this out further last race and I'm gonna take this back.  I don't know what was going on with RNJesus last race but he was giving me a lot of defensive items out of the ordinary so I actively tried to switch my items around last race while I was in first and it started to give me the consistent "Defensive item if you already have a coin, coin if you already have a defensive item"  spin.

Edited by Sonichuman
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

More your speed compared to? 

I always recommend the Claymore. The Executioners Great Sword is a good one to, as is the plain old Guts inspired Greatsword. Man Serpant Hatchet is cool. The Great Axe is really good to. 

A lot of the unique Str weapons in 3 are split damage so Phys and Lightning or something. I tend to stick to just Phys as it outpaces in the long run generally anyway so the "Generic" weapons are the best ones for casual play imo. If you want to have a Great Sword, have a quick agile fun character and do pretty good damage for the whole game the Faron Greatsword is a lot of fun. Has a bonkers but fun FP Skill. It's requires 18 Str and 20 Dex. You have to beat the Abyss Watchers first but they aren't that far into the game. Transmute their soul back at Firelink for a fun Greatsword. 

Most of the other crazy greatswords are late game making them not really fit your criteria. 

Compare to DS1. My character feels really effective out of the box unlike how they feel in 1 & 2. And thanks for the tips, I'll be on the lookout for those; I've heard you talk about Claymore before so that one's definitely on my list

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Compare to DS1. My character feels really effective out of the box unlike how they feel in 1 & 2. And thanks for the tips, I'll be on the lookout for those; I've heard you talk about Claymore before so that one's definitely on my list

The Claymore is my favorite weapon across the games. It's in all of them in some form or another (Except Sekiro, but that's not a Souls game), it's even in Bloodborne as the Holy Sword of Moonlights untransformed mode. It's always good and reliable. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

The Claynore is my favorite weapon across the games. It's in all of them in some form or another (Except Sekiro, but that's not a Souls game), it's even in Bloodborne as the Holy Sword of Moonlights untransformed mode. It's always good and reliable. 

Oh so it's got a similar moveset as the untricked HMLS in Bloodborne? Now I'm definitely going to grab it. I love the normal mode of that weapon, people don't use it enough.

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I love it.

I'm noticing that there's a bit of overlap so far. Some of the enemies at High Wall have the exact same attacks as some of the pthumerians in the chalices.

Yea this is also pretty normal. From repurposes their assets a lot. The Backstab animation in Elden Ring is the exact same one from DSIII. 

In fact you know those obnoxious little theives in the castle with the flopped over peak hats? They like to skitter around outside your field of attack and then slip in and clip you for damage and bleed build up? 

The Catacomb Imps in Elden Ring are exactly them. Exact same enemy in every way but 3D Model and weakness (weak to blunt). Otherwise the imps are the thieves from Dark Souls 3 in every obnoxious way possible. 

Edited by RSG3
On 3/18/2022 at 9:12 PM, RSG3 said:

You canceled your sub because they added more content? 

Anyway I haven't bought it yet either. I might scoop it soon tho to get the deal on all the new Mario Kart tracks. Also got my girl into Zelda and when she finished Link to the Past it's OOT next anyways so it would be really convenient way for her to play. 

I canceled because their online service sets up a extra subscription wall for medicore emulation. 

35 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

So...nothing to do with what was being talked about?

Surprised no one posted about how the Wii U servers are down despite they supposedly got a few months of life left.

But what none of you are talking about and you all should be how Nintendo more than anyone else stopping on rom sites but refuses to sell their old catalogs.

They put out new titles on thr Online service peice-meal, yet lately they are putting out trash titles. 

And it's all going to all dry up in a few years like how unceremoniously killing the Wii U and 3DS shops. 

But go ahead and praise Nintendo as they gave you some DLC for Mario Kart 8 and Animal Crossing 

42 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Surprised no one posted about how the Wii U servers are down despite they supposedly got a few months of life left.

I don't have a Wii-U. How would I know other then specifically looking for Wii U content I don't care about? If it's so important why are you only posting about it as a retort instead a news story?

But what none of you are talking about and you all should be how Nintendo more than anyone else stopping on rom sites but refuses to sell their old catalogs.

We talked about this like a week or two ago. 

But go ahead and praise Nintendo as they gave you some DLC for Mario Kart 8 and Animal Crossing 

No one praised Nintendo. They asked if anyone else had the new service after the new titles dropped and I said I might get it for the deal on the new tracks and some convenience reasons.That's it. Where did anyone praise them?

You're working real hard to justify the random hate boner you dropped. Stop it. 

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I don't have a Wii-U. How would I know other then specifically looking for Wii U content I don't care about? If it's so important why are you only posting about it as a retort instead a news story?

We talked about this like a week or two ago. 

No one praised Nintendo. They asked if anyone else had the new service after the new titles dropped and I said I might get it for the deal on the new tracks and some convenience reasons.That's it. Where did anyone praise them?

You're working real hard to justify the random hate boner you dropped. Stop it. 

And you don't see the issues?

Well I can't force you to see what's there.

Enjoy your micro transactions, pay walls, paying full price for incomplete games, cloud computing that services die off without warning, day 1 repair patches, project $10, and draconian DRM policies 

18 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

And you don't see the issues?

I literally said we talked about it like two weeks ago. We talk about it every time emulation is a dominant subject in here. Yes we see the issue we just don't feel the need to harp on it like a Po Pimpus wannabe every time someone mentions it. 

18 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Well I can't force you to see what's there.

Enjoy your micro transactions, pay walls, paying full price for incomplete games, cloud computing that services die off without warning, day 1 repair patches, project $10, and draconian DRM policies 

Fuck you're next level stupid when it comes to doubling down on dumb fuck stances no one argued against or even mentioned. 

Someone simply asked if anyone else had the service to play multiplayer with. This isn't a soap box moment dude. 

Edited by RSG3
3 hours ago, DarkSakul said:

They put out new titles on thr Online service peice-meal, yet lately they are putting out trash titles. 

And it's all going to all dry up in a few years like how unceremoniously killing the Wii U and 3DS shops. 

Pretty sure it's just the Wii servers that are down currently...that's what the news things that have been popping up in my feed have been saying.    I'm not going to address the rest of your post since RSG3 pretty much echoes anything I have to say regarding it.

10 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

Whole point of a forum if you ask me. 

Sure, but usually people respond on topic to the conversation instead of interject a random point that has nothing to do with anything anyone was talking about. Considering you quoted someone to respond to them you're pretty obligated to be on topic with your response. 

So yea, you are kinda correct, but your execution needs a lot of work and ultimately leads to this being a massive fumble on your end. 

Edited by RSG3
On 3/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, DoctaMario said:

Has anyone sprung for the expansion pack yet? If enough people did it, I might consider it too, then we could play F-Zero and Mario Kart

Just did over the weekend. The people I share my family plan with were all over MK8D DLC, I was just happy to play Banjo again. Also, Dr Mario 64 is a blast and even played Mario Tennis with my cousin. Is Aces really bad? Haven't heard good things about it but og Mario Tennis still plays fine imo

I sold Aces within like a week, think to someone on here.

It was so easy and bare bones and online sucked as far as lag goes.  It may have evolved and gotten more stuff added but at the time it was a big fat MEH.

I grabbed the MK8 DLC over the weekend.  I like the second pack more than the first one.  That damn Paris level has some god awful music.  That was really the only gripe I had about it.

Anyone know if these new levels will be in the online rotation?  My son and I played a bit online after but in the random matches we never saw any, probably for obvious reasons of not everyone having em.  But I wonder if you can play em in the random matches online.

And damn, $25 for 48 new tracks is a very super fair price for all that content.  The entire game has 48 courses so this will double them.  

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I sold Aces within like a week, think to someone on here.

It was so easy and bare bones and online sucked as far as lag goes.  It may have evolved and gotten more stuff added but at the time it was a big fat MEH.

I grabbed the MK8 DLC over the weekend.  I like the second pack more than the first one.  That damn Paris level has some god awful music.  That was really the only gripe I had about it.

Anyone know if these new levels will be in the online rotation?  My son and I played a bit online after but in the random matches we never saw any, probably for obvious reasons of not everyone having em.  But I wonder if you can play em in the random matches online.

And damn, $25 for 48 new tracks is a very super fair price for all that content.  The entire game has 48 courses so this will double them.  

Yes the new courses will be in rotation.  In fact its in rotation online for everyone regardless of you having dled or bought the booster pack or not.  People just have to select the course. 

Also I take it you're not a fan of the accordion?

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Yes the new courses will be in rotation.  In fact its in rotation online for everyone regardless of you having dled or bought the booster pack or not.  People just have to select the course. 

Also I take it you're not a fan of the accordion?

Oh wow that is a pretty good way for them to advertise the tracks then and let people try em out for free.  Smart on their part.

And no I guess not lol.  That was a lot of accordion in that track huh.

11 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Oh wow that is a pretty good way for them to advertise the tracks then and let people try em out for free.  Smart on their part.

And no I guess not lol.  That was a lot of accordion in that track huh.

Eh its not for everyone.  And ita always the go to whenever something needs to have French flavor.