Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

4 hours ago, iStu X said:

Finally!

Fairly good picks and the track complexity seems to be ramping up as expected. I thought they'd save NY and Sydney for later waves tho.

Interestingly enough, looks like they're not really bringing Anti-Grav to the older tracks.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Finally!

Fairly good picks and the track complexity seems to be ramping up as expected. I thought they'd save NY and Sydney for later waves tho.

Interestingly enough, looks like they're not really bringing Anti-Grav to the older tracks.

I’m so hype to have Kalamari Desert and Waluigi Pinball back. 

Kalamari Desert is one of my favorite MKart tracks of all time 

I just finished reading the 3 part interview with Monolithsoft regarding Xenoblade Chronicles 3.  Some nice insights in there including the fact that they actually made Mio and Nioh's flutes IRL and that's what you're going to be hearing throughout the music in the game.'

Also regarding the DLC content that will be coming later, they said it will be as big as XBC2's Torna DLC so essentially 20-30 hours and pretty much a whole game itself.  They also said that despite XBC3 being a culmination of a trilogy that they have no plans of stopping and the series will be continuing.

Takahashi: We have talked about this title in terms of it being the "culmination," "closure," or "summary," but it has been approximately 15 years since we began development on the Xenoblade Chronicles series. I feel that this game represents everything we have done so far and is filled with answers to all our questions. At the same time, we have taken on a variety of new challenges in this work, and I believe that we were able to implicitly share a glimpse of what MONOLITHSOFT wants to achieve in the future. I think imagining what MONOLITHSOFT’s future games will look like while playing this title would be another way to enjoy it. Also, this is the third title in the series, but you can, of course, enjoy it on its own. We believe that both newcomers and those who have been playing the series for a long time will enjoy this title. We hope you will give it a try.

Yokota: This is something to consider after you have played this game, but we are offering an additional Expansion Pass (13). We will be adding a new story at the end of the Expansion Pass, and we are thinking of making its volume of content as large as Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country. We hope that those who enjoyed that content, as well as newcomers, will pick it up.

It will be quite a high volume of content that will not let you down... I'm talking about the volume again. (Laughs)

Kojima: I have not been able to participate in the development of the Expansion Pass, but the content looks like a lot of fun as I've been watching from the sidelines, so I'm a little jealous. (Laughs) I hope you look forward to it.

Finally, I would like to ask Yokota-san a question. You mentioned that this title is the culmination of the series, but am I right to assume that the Xenoblade Chronicles series will still go on?

Yokota: Yes, it will still go on! I want to keep it going as long as possible!

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Splat on my face, Senpai! - Splatoon 3 9/9
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

According to leaker Zippo (🤷) there’s an Kid Icarus Uprising port coming to the Switch. They said they’re unsure if it’ll be announced this year or next but it is slated for early within Q1 or Q2 of 2023

I hope that is the case. I own it on 3DS and it is one of my favorite games. A remake/upgraded port with proper dual analog controls would be great. I hope it is a remake however cause they will need to redo some of the on foot levels cause what we got back then probably won't be enjoyable for many even with analog.

Just dropping by to say the current thread name is amazing. 🤣

Spoiler

For posterity:
unknown.png

Edit: 

This is amazing lmao. Shame Legends is so easy even without catching absurd level Alphas, especially when you can catch them with stealth tactics. Doesn't work for all mons though, having to scrap with a Lv. 65 Alpha Infernape is scary af.

I had a blast with that game tho. Can't wait for Scarlet and Violet.

Edited by Volt
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Jfc how do they go from bestpon Riki to fucking weebpon Tora. I hate Tora so much. 

Come on, he built Poppi some questionable programming aside that should atone for 85% of his sins. 

Also Tatsu is still the worst Nopon by a long mile, aside for the drug dealer ones.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

When they gonna bring XCX to Switch? That game was dope.

Monolith knows people want the port but they said it was too much work.    It would be awesome to have all the xenoblade games on one system though so who knows...they might look at it again in the next couple of years since I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last new Xenoblade game for this system.  I'm pretty confident they can put XBCX on here and I think it'd be amazing for that game to get the 2nd chance it deserves.

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

The Nopons looks designed to literally be the most annoying cast member. They look like they could fill no other role then that of obnoxious annoying character who thinks he's funny but really is not. 

Riki can be annoying but he can also be pretty endearing.  Tora....yeah Tora made Poppi but there's a lot of questionable stuff around him.  I haven't finished XBC2 but based off of what I've played so far this was the impression I gave so I don't know if he gets any better but Poppi is definitely seems to be the best thing about Tora.  The Nopon in XCX are YMMV Butt Monkeys or rather the main one you interact with is.   I wish I that game you play to level up Poppi wasn't a requirement.

3 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Riki can be annoying but he can also be pretty endearing.  Tora....yeah Tora made Poppi but there's a lot of questionable stuff around him.  I haven't finished XBC2 but based off of what I've played so far this was the impression I gave so I don't know if he gets any better but Poppi is definitely seems to be the best thing about Tora.  The Nopon in XCX are YMMV Butt Monkeys or rather the main one you interact with is.   I wish I that game you play to level up Poppi wasn't a requirement.

Riki is my favorite character in XBC1. I love that little dude. 

also yeah, Tiger! Tiger! Is dumb as fuck. 

8 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Tora....yeah Tora made Poppi but there's a lot of questionable stuff around him.

Yea ive seen come comentary on Tora watching a few reviews. One of them said basically "Oh someone who cant use Blades but is so determined to they'll even build themselves one. This could be interes.....oh..............Ooooooooooooooooh yea this sucks."

3 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea ive seen come comentary on Tora watching a few reviews. One of them said basically "Oh someone who cant use Blades but is so determined to they'll even build themselves one. This could be interes.....oh..............Ooooooooooooooooh yea this sucks."

Poppi is a 3rd generation sex doll experiment.the obviously don’t outright say it but theres a lot of obscene costumes and a lot of suggestive programming for Poppi. It’s…awkward and it really sucks cause Poppi really is best girl. 

Edited by iStu X

I look at Nopons in these games as the realization of those thoughts where you would say 'Imagine if Moogles (although nowadays it is probably Chobocos) or slimes in Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest respectively we're party members with dialogue?'

In some cases it works and others you hate them. Tora is basically one of the kids from the Weird Science movie for better and worse. Although, yes that Tiger arcade game being linked to Poppi's level and customizations, at least until NG+ is a waste, even if the idea was to keep her from being too easily made OP.

5 hours ago, iStu X said:

Yo wait 

Reveal hidden contents

I have the expansion pass so I don’t know if Shulk and Fiora meeting Rex and the crew is canon or DLC

I agree with Sonic. I don't think it's canon. I think they used the Blades to get guest characters in. Those two aren't the only characters from another franchise that shows up as a Blade. Off the top of my head I remember.

Spoiler

KOS-MOS from Xenosaga