Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

34 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Do you have to have nso to play the demo online?

You do but it comes with a 7 day trial to NSO when you download the demo.

On another note (kind of), that damn Splatoon 3 OLED Switch looks so slick.  I really wish I needed a new one and my son wants it bad but he already has the Animal Crossing version and hardly plays portable, and he is too young to even care about OLED.  If I could guarantee it is like a $100 total out of pocket to "upgrade" I would do it but I don't think I can get that much for his current Switch.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

You do but it comes with a 7 day trial to NSO when you download the demo.

On another note (kind of), that damn Splatoon 3 OLED Switch looks so slick.  I really wish I needed a new one and my son wants it bad but he already has the Animal Crossing version and hardly plays portable, and he is too young to even care about OLED.  If I could guarantee it is like a $100 total out of pocket to "upgrade" I would do it but I don't think I can get that much for his current Switch.

Jim Ryan says you should the current Switch for $50 above it's current MSRP 👀

On 8/24/2022 at 1:51 PM, DarkSakul said:

Nintendo can go FUCK OFF with this Garbage

Motherfuckin DENUVO!?

I don't know what the hell Nintendo is thinking allowing this evil to exist, but the performance loss by itself is a dealbreaker. The Switch is already severely underpowered as is.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, MillionX said:

Yeah whoever invented Denuvo... I wouldn't mind seeing them get publicly beaten in the streets.  If that was widespread then it would spell the end of any kind of enjoyable gaming experience for me.

The forced online connectivity is a big deal to me... that is without question the worst shit ever to happen to video games....and when the day comes where it's all forced to connect to servers then I'm just done with the hobby, fuck that nonsense; let it crash and burn at that point.

Don't forget, this is a portable console too. Going on a road trip? No internet on the road? Get fucked. No lube, no spit.

Denuvo is abysmal. As someone with an underpowered PC, I'm well aware of how atrocious it is.

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Current Head of Sony, who recently announced in several regions the PS5 is getting a price hike due to the costs and chip shortage issues.

Every region but USA, I think. 😂

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Jim Ryan says you should the current Switch for $50 above it's current MSRP 👀

that oled upgrade is worth that $50 though, imo. I play handheld so much more now due to how much better the screen is

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Well of course you don't, like Darksakul you didn't read the article. Nintendo has nothing to do with this, it's a 3rd party project for 3rd party developers. Nintendo isn't involved at all. 

I had read the article, I take Nintendo's silence as compliance. Nidy has the final say what's on each cart, if they allowed games to have Denovu, they are just as guilty 

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Well of course you don't, like Darksakul you didn't read the article. Nintendo has nothing to do with this, it's a 3rd party project for 3rd party developers. Nintendo isn't involved at all. 

I chose my words deliberately. "Allow to exist".

Nintendo could tell everyone involved to fuck off one way or another.

30 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I had read the article, I take Nintendo's silence as compliance. Nidy has the final say what's on each cart, if they allowed games to have Denovu, they are just as guilty 

I wouldn't be that extreme, but that's somewhat the gist of it.

Denuvo-related performance issues would hurt the Switch's rep, which is already not good on that front. That could be a reason for Nintendo to intervene and block that bloatware themselves.

6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yes I know you will make up whatever you need to, to defend the stance you have created for yourself, I am well aware. 

So you are for Nintendo turning a blind eye to whats going on with this Denuvo business?
Nintendo who keep their closed ecosystem closer than anyone else, you think they would not weigh in with Denuvo? 

I only got to play like 5 matches in splatoon 3 today (why couldn't they have just done the 26th or 28th?) but it's fun. tri turf is chaos in a great way. My only gripe still is to just allow fully customized gear loadouts for weapons. I love my rollers but hate the special it's stuck with. I want to use the crab special but it's stuck on weapons I dislike using. C'MON NINTENDO! 🙃

7 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

I only got to play like 5 matches in splatoon 3 today (why couldn't they have just done the 26th or 28th?) but it's fun. tri turf is chaos in a great way. My only gripe still is to just allow fully customized gear loadouts for weapons. I love my rollers but hate the special it's stuck with. I want to use the crab special but it's stuck on weapons I dislike using. C'MON NINTENDO! 🙃

Usually the weapons have enough variety that you can get mostly the setup that you want...more than likely it probably just wasn't in the demo.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Usually the weapons have enough variety that you can get mostly the setup that you want...more than likely it probably just wasn't in the demo.

It's me nitpicking but they get close with some variants but still miss. The ability to customize would cut down on needing to make near duplicates of weapons/gear. If Mario Kart can do it, so can Splatoon. Oh well Someday maybe...

16 hours ago, iStu X said:

@Darc_Requiem

Is there anything new in XBC2's NG+ besides the carry overs? I know stats, items, blade affinity, etc carries over but are there any new story elements? Like a "true" ending or whatever. 

I honestly have not played it yet because of my mad quest to get KOS MOS before restarting but NG+ for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 includes new blades, new hidden skill tree for the party (including a super mode for Zeke) and a merchant that goes around selling at times rare items for experience. From my understanding there is no additional "true" story stuff.

Spoiler

The new blades are members of Torna plus their unique blades besides Jin and Malos but I think aside from one, Mikhail, who you recruit after a story event there is no extra story that they provide.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, Wellman said:

I honestly have not played it yet because of my mad quest to get KOS MOS before restarting but NG+ for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 includes new blades, new hidden skill tree for the party (including a super mode for Zeke) and a merchant that goes around selling at times rare items for experience. From my understanding there is no additional "true" story stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

The new blades are members of Torna plus their unique blades besides Jin and Malos but I think aside from one, Mikhail, who you recruit after a story event there is no extra story that they provide.

I can't believe I forgot about the Blades you mentioned. I remember unlocking them after finishing Torna.

Huh, I have been going through the Extra Story for Definitive Edition of XBC the last couple of weeks, and yeah it is  a lot shorter then I thought. I got to the final boss and was surprised as there spots I had not gotten to based on the side quest log and the missing Nopon troops. Went back around and found once I took off the main quest marker and explored there were quite a few spots I had missed. One spot was literally near the opening area and I just never looked in the direction a land bridge was at.

I maybe able to at least start XBC3 before my nephew steals my Switch to play Splatoon 3.

Edited by Wellman
On 9/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, iStu X said:

Salmon Run will no longer take place during certain times of the day. It will be a mode that’s available 24/7. 

Infinity War Yes GIF by MOODMAN

For real, having one of the best modes be limited to certatin times of the day was stupid AF. I freaking love Salmon Run and it irked me that it wasn't available 24/7.

I would be me hyped for Splatoon 3 on Friday if I didn't have to work for the whole weekend as always.

Work Happy Monday GIF by Justin

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread v. Oh god they’re back! - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope 10/20
13 hours ago, iStu X said:

Yes to both. I’m not sure about the Pearl Marina (I thought they were already out in the wild?). The splat 3 amiibo will be out this winter. 

I just never saw any listing on like Best Buy or Target for the Pearl and Marina package so I wasn't sure about that.  The Callie and Marie listings are on there and said coming soon or OOS before.

After taking a long and much needed break from Weeboblade Chronicles 2 I finally just beat it. Uh, the game was fine? I really like a lot of the blade designs. It’s cool seeing various artists from across the gaming industry design the blades. The only one I really disliked was Nim and that’s because the art is so fucking jarring compared to everything else

Combat for the game was fine. The game does beyond a shit tier job of explaining the mechanics but once you get them down the battles can be quite fun despite being very shallow  and by the numbers. by not even mid game you can break the entire combat system. 

Story was kind of a dumpster fire to me. Way too much shonen nonsense and goofy tropes. I’d restlessly sigh at, straight up rolls my eyes at or groan at as shit played out fairly often. 

hell, most the conversations with the various villains were 

villain: I’m going to destroy the world and rebuild it in my image

heroes: yeah but like…what if you didn’t 

villains: shit you right. 

Lastly, the ending was dumb as fuck 

also, Poppy a, Ursula, Brigid and Morag are the best girls and no that isn’t up for debate. 

Over all I’d say the game is Fun yet not very engaging. Interesting ideas held back by mediocre executions. The game is memorable but more often than not it’s not for good reasons and definitely not the 300+ hours I put into it. 
(though honestly over half of that play time was doing Ursula’s dumb ass quests)

I’d honestly give it a really low 6/10. 

anyways, time to start a new game+ 

Reaction GIF by moodman

Edited by iStu X