Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

@RegH81would you mind if you resent me your friend code? If it's alright to you I'd like to add it to the OP. 

oh btw to everyone else. re added the friend code list lol. Well, as much as I could/with everyone I know who is here. 

if anyone else would like to post their switch friend code too I will also add it to the op. 

Edited by iStu X
gimme them digits, scrubs.
9 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I...dont understand Animal Crossing. 

But turnips though...

Edit: I have been looking at the Rune Factory games and considering adding the Switch ones (4 Special and 5 upon release) to the collection. Is there anyone here that plays these games? From what I've read, it's basically Harvest Moon mixed with Agarest War mixed with JRPG elements.

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah

Anyone got any good party game recommendations? Prefer if the content is predominately local multiplayer. 4 players is pretty much a must. If more players are able that works too. I know there's stuff like JackBox Party Pack, Overcooked and the likes but I'm also wanting games people wouldn't think of. Kart style racers would be cool, or co-op local multi where just chaos reigns supreme, anything competitive in general. 

14 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I...dont understand Animal Crossing. 

No one really does...it's a life sim that has a cute animal aesthetic. I love the oversimplified alt lifestyle it offers. The only issue the game has to me is a lack of content once you get into the groove of the daily play. I'm a sucker for customization and this appeals to me. My GF plays so we both have fun and do in game cute things. 

I mean I feel the same for the Dynasty Warriors games/genre. I don't get it and I never will care to. If peeps like it, good for them...I'll pass. 

Edited by TheInfernoman
Check my save...hmmm I have 320 hours in AC...lower than expected
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Anyone got any good party game recommendations? Prefer if the content is predominately local multiplayer. 4 players is pretty much a must. If more players are able that works too. I know there's stuff like JackBox Party Pack, Overcooked and the likes but I'm also wanting games people wouldn't think of. Kart style racers would be cool, or co-op local multi where just chaos reigns supreme, anything competitive in general. 

You listed one great game in Overcooked. Of course, there's the classics like MK8D and Crash Team Racing; then there's Super Mario Party (really, don't play this) and ... Smash.

3 minutes ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

You listed one great game in Overcooked. Of course, there's the classics like MK8D and Crash Team Racing; then there's Super Mario Party (really, don't play this) and ... Smash.

Yeh, I know of Overcooked but never played it. It just looks like fucking chaos which is why its appealing to me. GOTYE of both 1&2 are on sale right now until the 15th. 

I have MK8. It's a staple when I hang out with these particular friends. I have CTR too but I've barely touched it so I don't have any of the cool shit unlocked. 

I'm aware of how bad Super Mario Party is. It was made by Nintendo's D-Team and with little to no support from actual nintendo. 

I wouldn't sully my hands in smash filth. 

4-player "party" games, you say?!  Crawl is a good, underappreciated one --- but few other than me probably like it.  Some probably wouldn't like the pixelated graphics though, I'm sure... but basically:

• 4 players, all regular human warriors initially, attack and kill each other...
  • The last one alive moves on to different areas/rooms while the other 3 are now ghosts.
  • The Ghost players' role is now to keep attacking that survivor; this is done via possessing and throwing objects, or spawning slimes and controlling monsters....the slimes can be left to do their own thing or you can possess and control them directly.
  • There is a shop where the survivor can get new, better weapons/items.
  • Whenever "Survivor" gets killed, this person is now a ghost, and the one that got the killing blow regains their humanity...they are now the living survivor/warrior.
  • Final Boss -- one of several large boss monsters; the 3 ghosts can possess and control different parts of the final boss that the Survivor will have to fight.

The ghosts themselves are of course invulnerable; the Survivor can attack them when they assume control of monsters though.  When a monster is killed, that ghost player controlling it is a ghost again.  There's also a decently large # of monsters to unlock, including upgraded/evolved versions of them.  The progress of what you've unlocked saves too; I think I have all of the monsters unlocked at this point; I haven't played in a while.  Sadly, I don't think this has *online* multiplayer...and my old college buddy never tried it so I've never played this game with others.

Was browsing Gamefly looking at the last games I wanted to get before Christmas ... wanted to see about picking up Witcher 3 and Outer Worlds, but their used prices aren't really what I want to pay. Same with MUA3, I could buy them all brand new from Walmart for $10 more a piece after tax. Wonderful 101 is on sale at Target through tomorrow for I think $25 also ... never really played it, I might check it out on YT or something.

also, B2G1 at Target starts Sunday with the obvious exclusions.

spacer.png

Edited by YourFavGrandpa
blah
8 hours ago, YourFavGrandpa said:

also, B2G1 at Target starts Sunday with the obvious exclusions.

Double posting but I’m super stoked about this. If my local target gets in Y7: Like a Dragon and Sakuna of Rice and Ruin if they’re applicable to the sale will likely grab those and something else. Maybe Pikmin or Ghost of Tsushima 

EDIT because I don’t want to triple post: Nintendo posted official artwork for Robbie 

E7345972-95AF-4BB0-9DA7-EE956E61AF68.jpeg

Edited by iStu X
On 11/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, YourFavGrandpa said:

So, here's my semi-final Christmas Haul this year, as far as Switch games go (all are physical except for MK Aftermath):

SF 30th Anniversary Edition
Puyo Puyo Tetris
MK Aftermath

Paper Mario: The Origami King
Fire Emblem Encore FE#
Streets of Rage 4

That's a nice haul! If you ever want to play Mk or Puyo Puyo Tetris, let me know, I'd love to be able to play those more online. 

Black Friday deals from Nintendo. 

Black Friday Bundle: Nintendo Switch (New model), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, 3 months of NSO - 299.99

Fire Emblem Three Houses: $39.99

Legend of Zelda Links Awakening: $39.99

Luigi’s Mansion 3: $39.99

Mario Tennis Aces: $39.99

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe: $39.99

Splatoon 2: $39.99

Super Mario Maker 2: $39.99

Yoshi’s Crafted World: $39.99

Pokémon Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu: $29.99

The sale starts 11/22. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Black Friday Bundle: Nintendo Switch (New model), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, 3 months of NSO - 299.99

Luigi’s Mansion: $39.99

The sale starts 11/22. 

All digital of course right?   Kinda eyes yoshi's crafted world.  Hmmm...All the sales seem in line with what I'd expect from them save for Fire Emblem and Link's Awakening.  Surprised they are gettting put on sale is what I mean.

Also Black Friday bundle isn't bad.  about $70 in savings.

Edited by Sonichuman
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Luigi’s Mansion: $39.99

The sale starts 11/22. 

Oh man, I might have to grab Luigi's Mansion at that price 

24 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

All digital of course right? 

Not that I know of.  Nintendo didn’t state physical or digital. The past years they’ve been doing both. 

edit: just checked Nintendo’s site: they don’t specify physical or digital but they show physical copies being on sale 

Edited by iStu X

Vampyr---getting re-acquainted with this game; I realize that it's actually to your detriment to go too wild with feeding on all the citizens first chance you get...because most of the time, you're not getting as many points for them if you kill them before finding out certain things about the person's life, unlocking those conversation "hints"....it's quite a difference in exp one would be losing out on there.

It was quite disappointing when I did a search on the mod situation for this game... all people did was come up with some mods that changes Dr. Reid's clothes, or just unlock all the abilities....get the hell outta heah with that non-imaginative bullshyte.

Anyway, on this play-thru (*still back and forth between this and the xb1 version), I'm up to the part where you track down the person who was blackmailing Lady Ashbury.... heh, this playthru is more evil for sure... I'm probably will simply kill this character when I find her.  My first playthrough---I used mesmerize/compulsion to make her forget.

I'm going all in on this "Lasombra Clan" style of Dr. Reid this time.  Shadow/Abyss powers all day, folks.  

I may take advantage of some of those Black Friday games. I still need to cop Luigi's Mansion 3.

After having not touched the game for months, I fired Panzer Dragoon Remake up again. I played all the way up to episode 5. I can see myself finishiing this game and replaying it for a higher score or on a higher difficulty. It may seem pretty basic by today's standards and it sorta feels like an arcade game but I'm really digging this one. 

3 hours ago, MillionX said:

Vampyr---getting re-acquainted with this game; I realize that it's actually to your detriment to go too wild with feeding on all the citizens first chance you get...because most of the time, you're not getting as many points for them if you kill them before finding out certain things about the person's life, unlocking those conversation "hints"....it's quite a difference in exp one would be losing out on there.

Not just that but if you feed on too many people too soon, it throws the different parts of the city into chaos and everybody  you haven't fed on yet dies. Even without feeding on everyone you can still get pretty powerful, and I think, without spoiling too much, it's probably best to get your Embrace level up before you start feeding too often. 

Buuut having said that, my last run, I had some nights where I'd feed on 7 or 8 people and that shit felt GOOD! I'll probably go for my ultimate run of this after I finish Vigil. 

12 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Not just that but if you feed on too many people too soon, it throws the different parts of the city into chaos and everybody  you haven't fed on yet dies. Even without feeding on everyone you can still get pretty powerful, and I think, without spoiling too much, it's probably best to get your Embrace level up before you start feeding too often. 

Buuut having said that, my last run, I had some nights where I'd feed on 7 or 8 people and that shit felt GOOD! I'll probably go for my ultimate run of this after I finish Vigil. 

Heh, yeah on xb1 I remember finding that out the hard way, when I got a bit carried away with the Whitechapel area... I spent my exp to acquire my new abilities... and the next night it was front-page news-- "The Fall of Whitechapel".  I laughed for quite a while seeing that... like "oh... guess I went too far over there.." 😄  One has to be a bit more considerate in terms of when you decide to feed on these people.

They really nailed the recurring theme of choice and consequence with that and some other things in this game.  On the latest run, I've already fed on 2 people at the Pembroke hospital, and I've made it over to Whitechapel again recently.

It's interesting that they still display a "mesmerize level" for certain characters that I'm sure *cannot* be fed on... y'know, major ones like Elisabeth herself; I think her m. level is 20!  Odd that they'd still put a # in there as if it's possible, when it's obvious it's most likely not possible unless someone were to mod some things.

If I were into the whole modding thing, I would've done a lot more than what I've seen...my thing would be to come up with more supernatural abilities for Dr. Reid... like the full range of stuff you see in the VTM lore....probably add some other supernatural beings in there too, like witches/warlocks and ghosts...and demons.  Werewolves are already *kinda* in there, since there's a type of vampire that already looks the part anyway.

Edited by MillionX
41 minutes ago, MillionX said:

Heh, yeah on xb1 I remember finding that out the hard way, when I got a bit carried away with the Whitechapel area... I spent my exp to acquire my new abilities... and the next night it was front-page news-- "The Fall of Whitechapel".  I laughed for quite a while seeing that... like "oh... guess I went too far over there.." 😄  One has to be a bit more considerate in terms of when you decide to feed on these people.

They really nailed the recurring theme of choice and consequence with that and some other things in this game.  On the latest run, I've already fed on 2 people at the Pembroke hospital, and I've made it over to Whitechapel again recently.

It's interesting that they still display a "mesmerize level" for certain characters that I'm sure *cannot* be fed on... y'know, major ones like Elisabeth herself; I think her m. level is 20!  Odd that they'd still put a # in there as if it's possible, when it's obvious it's most likely not possible unless someone were to mod some things.

If I were into the whole modding thing, I would've done a lot more than what I've seen...my thing would be to come up with more supernatural abilities for Dr. Reid... like the full range of stuff you see in the VTM lore....probably add some other supernatural beings in there too, like witches/warlocks and ghosts...and demons.  Werewolves are already *kinda* in there, since there's a type of vampire that already looks the part anyway.

I think Whitechapel is the first area where you can go ham and do some damage feeding on people so it seems like it's been the first area to go down in both my runs. 

As far as I know, Lady Ashbury and Dr. Swansea are the only two people in the game you can't feed on. I suppose it could be possible to get your Mesmerize level up to 6 to get Swansea but I'm not aware of how you'd do it. 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v. For a Limited Time Only - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 11/20
22 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

semi related

https://gameandwatch.nintendo.com/

It goes on sale friday! 

Do we know what time on Friday? I'm setting my expectations kinda low and plan on holding an L on this, since Ninty is planning on more scarcity bullshit to inflate demand and promote scalping. 

Also, found out my Gamefly delivery will be here tomorrow, with my copies of Paper Mario Origami King, Fire Emblem FE#, and my physical copy of Streets of Rage 4.

So I played Crizom Clover  World Explosion a few nights ago.

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah. It was like that. Normal was a bit much for me so I cranked it down to Novice. I'm amazed there is ZERO slowdown with everything on screen. 

Also, gotta give it up to the MVP of Crimzon Clover... the score counter. That sucker doesn't get a second off! I don't think I've ever seen numbers go so high when I'm playing a SHMUP. Like, does the game even have a high score cap?

Oh and Boost mode is life.

6 hours ago, RegH81 said:

So I played Crizom Clover  World Explosion a few nights ago.

Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah. It was like that. Normal was a bit much for me so I cranked it down to Novice. I'm amazed there is ZERO slowdown with everything on screen. 

Also, gotta give it up to the MVP of Crimzon Clover... the score counter. That sucker doesn't get a second off! I don't think I've ever seen numbers go so high when I'm playing a SHMUP. Like, does the game even have a high score cap?

Oh and Boost mode is life.

Yea I'm pretty sure Crimzon Clover doesn't have a counter stop. If there is one, no one has been able to do it...yet. 

I think the Gigs Wing series still has larger scores, but the first thing Giga Wings score does is shoot up into the Giga-fuck-ton of numbers. Like I dunno man what comes after A Trillion? Lol. 

Edited by RSG3

Interesting... I like it already then.... there's not enough games out there where you can get into the ridiculous numbers in terms of score.  It would be quadrillions, btw... then quintillions😄

Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2 have been the games with the highest damage numbers...at least from stuff I've played.  On D3 it's now possible to get critical hits for trillions in damage at least... and I remember my Salvador character in B2 could crit for 2.5 billion. I love that shit. 

Edited by MillionX

I really want one but I doubt I’ll get it. Mainly for the fact I know I’ll never open it. Lol. 

I have several special edition items from Nintendo I’ve never opened. SNES mini, NES Mini, several limited run 3DS’s, special edition pro controllers, CE’s of games, etc. 

I don’t really wanna add to the pile despite really wanting to. 

2 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I really want one but I doubt I’ll get it. Mainly for the fact I know I’ll never open it. Lol. 

I have several special edition items from Nintendo I’ve never opened. SNES mini, NES Mini, several limited run 3DS’s, special edition pro controllers, CE’s of games, etc. 

I don’t really wanna add to the pile despite really wanting to. 

I am literally staring at it as I type this and debate that. My GF asked me why haven't I opened it yet. Knowing me, the novelty will wear off after a week (especially when you consider how many other places I can play Merio Bros) . 

I am not much for collecting and the practical adult in me says I shouldn't have bought it in the first place so best I can do for now is to leave it in package and put it up on my shelf to display. The kid in me says to play it as that's the point of a console/toy. 

I'll keep it in the package. (Sorry kid me) 

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread! v.The Nintendo Vault closes 3/31! - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity 11/20

@RegH81

I know you like the shmups like I do but not sure how into run n gunners like Contra and Metal Slug you are. A guy named Megavolt recent did an arcade port to Dreamcast of a game called Dolphin Blue. I hiiiighly recommend giving it a look. 

That goes for anyone else who is a fan of a good run n gun shooter with a lot of style and a fun gimmick. Great art style to!!!

got my shipping notification earlier for my Game and Watch. It'll be here in the morning. 

Also, had a issue with my Gamefly delivery earlier in the week. It was delivered I want to say 2-3 days ago, went and picked it up out of our locked mailbox here in the community; and I swear on Mario the box was opened and someone fucking jacked my copy of Streets of Rage. Was absolutely fucking livid over it, but Gamefly was quick to resolve. Can't say that about the postal service though ... that is the second theft we've had since I moved back last year after the VA gig. The first was my Satisfye grip from last year, now this. I'm very close to start having all of my packages delivered to a PO Box again.

A bunch of Hyrule Warriors highlights. 
(Apologies if this post destroys your browser) 

Urbosa character highlight 

Daruk Character Highlight 

Mipha character highlight 

Revali character highlight 

Impa character highlight 

Music Samplers

Mipha theme

Divine Beast Vah Naboris theme

Edited by iStu X