Stage Select

The Nintendo Switch Thread

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread - Triangle Strategy 3/4 - Kirby and the Forgotten Land 3/25
On 2/19/2022 at 5:40 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Well, this is really interesting. It looks like Melia and Nia are leading rival nations.  🤔

VGEGZ5W.jpg

Yeah, I still hope that is just a red herring, you hate to see characters you played previously some how caught in one of those war with the wrong people scenarios cause both sides usually block dumb as bricks.

1 hour ago, Wellman said:

Yeah, I still hope that is just a red herring, you hate to see characters you played previously some how caught in one of those war with the wrong people scenarios cause both sides usually block dumb as bricks.

You think two scorned women would work together. Shulk passed over Melia for Fiona. Rex passed over Nia for Pyra/Mythra. Although the title screen to XBC2 after you beat the game hints that Rex may have been a more cunning bastard than we are lead to believe 🤔

9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You think two scorned women would work together. Shulk passed over Melia for Fiona. Rex passed over Nia for Pyra/Mythra. Although the title screen to XBC2 after you beat the game hints that Rex may have been a more cunning bastard than we are lead to believe 🤔

True but t can believe Rex is dumb enough that despite probably all of them being down he would put his foot down on being monogamous to Pyra/Mythra.

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Bro....

I'm hoping to, but I want Elden Ring as well. Might have to choose one over the other in the moment. 

I have a $25 gift card for GameStop thanks to left over points from when I got my OLED during Holiday. So I’m going to get the game for about $28 after it’s said and done. 

im probably going to trade in my vanilla switch and Xbone X as well while I’m at GameStop and then sit on that credit until I can get a PS5 from them. 

I've also been watching reviews for Sol Cresta and I'm starting to want it a decent amount. Knowing it has multiple intentionally designed loops helps a decent amount. 

5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I have a $25 gift card for GameStop thanks to left over points from when I got my OLED during Holiday. So I’m going to get the game for about $28 after it’s said and done. 

Nice. So I really like RPGs on Hand held so would really like Triangle Strat for play8ng in bed while watching shows with my girl. I keep falling asleep instead lol. 

7 minutes ago, iStu X said:

im probably going to trade in my vanilla switch and Xbone X as well while I’m at GameStop and then sit on that credit until I can get a PS5 from them. 

This is a pretty good plan. 

Long time no posting. Few things I woulda posted:

* I got a Switch for my nephew. Bought Mario Odissey and Super Mario Bros Deluxe with it. My younger brother bought him Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I also bought him a Super Mario World case. He was stunned by the gifts.        

* Got Mario Party Superstars. LMK if you guys wanna play.   

* Got myself the MH Rise Pro Controller (my nephew got the Rise Switch). 

* Loved the Direct. Feel like the September Direct and this last have been good. Definitely buying Strikers, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart DLC. Maybe Switch Sports too. 

* Other games in the horizon for me are TMNT Shredders Revenge (any release date yet?) and MH Sunbreak (Rise DLC). 

* Bought Cybershadow, plays like OG Ninja Gaiden from NES. It is "hard" but not super frustrating (yet). Having infinite lifes helps I guess.

* Still have plenty of games in my backlog (Hades, BotW, Wartile, Bastion, Hollow Knight).

* Been playing a LOT of Pokemon Unite until Trevenant release. I think is not worth playing if you dont have a whole party with you. Just like Dota, it sucks ass with randoms. 

Gen 9 looks dope. Imo you can tell how “strong” the generation will be based off how well designed the starters are. I didn’t like Gen 4, 7 and 8’s starters. Guess which are my least favorite games and two of them were universally lauded. 😂

Fuecoco is probably my favorite base starter since Turtwig. It’s  just a sweet baby chonker. My main annoyance is coming from online because everyone thinks that since the region is based off Spain it’s  based off a pepper. It’s 100% not based off a pepper. It’s based of a cocoa bean plant. It’s literally in its name and it has the exact color pallet of a cocoa bean. 

Quaxsly is a simple but great design though it looks like someone who will grow up to be a cop. 😂. My initial reaction like most was it might be a delivery type character with one of those amazing Japanese punk rock pompadours. But if you actually look at the plumage on top of its head it’s actually based of a military beret. 

grass cat is..grass cat. Looks like Tokèmon fodder (if you know, you know. 😂) and a neopet. 

Edited by iStu X

I was playing Mario Kart Wii to check how some tracks would adapt to 8 on the Booster pass.

I'm beyond washed, couldn't even play with a bike. Had to stick to the Wild Wing. I haven't used that kart since like... 2008. 😭

That game is so good tho.

As for recent news, Gen 9 looks exactly like what I predicted. Incorporate Arceus' great wild mechanics and exploration to the classic formula. I need to watch some battle footage tho. Low key missed a cinematic camera on the trainer battles.

I might mess around and give Triangle Strategy a shot, I need to scratch that Fire Emblem itch and Three Hopes just ain't it. (Looking forward to that tho.)

Did any good stuff drop recently? Low key forgot what the Direct covered for the most part. I need something to distract me until Wii Sports drops.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

I was playing Mario Kart Wii to check how some tracks would adapt to 8 on the Booster pass.

I'm beyond washed, couldn't even play with a bike. Had to stick to the Wild Wing. I haven't used that kart since like... 2008. 😭

That game is so good tho.

As for recent news, Gen 9 looks exactly like what I predicted. Incorporate Arceus' great wild mechanics and exploration to the classic formula. I need to watch some battle footage tho. Low key missed a cinematic camera on the trainer battles.

I might mess around and give Triangle Strategy a shot, I need to scratch that Fire Emblem itch and Three Hopes just ain't it. (Looking forward to that tho.)

Did any good stuff drop recently? Low key forgot what the Direct covered for the most part. I need something to distract me until Wii Sports drops.

If you are looking to test the waters for Triangle Strategy, the demo is out which allows your progress to carry over. I got it but still haven't touched it yet. I keep putting off doing that, playing Super Robot Wars 30 and a bunch of my backlog.

20 hours ago, Wellman said:

Same, I used to take pride in finishing games, now if I can give them five hours over the course of as many months individually that is enough. But I keep making a half hearted New year resolution to finish some RPGs.

I've been trying to pick back up games I liked but got stuck in and put down lately. I'm also starting to get to a point where I'm ok with putting a game down if it doesn't really grab me.rsther than trying to tough it out.

• iStu X changed the title to The Nintendo Switch Thread - Kirby and the Forgotten Land 3/25

Anyone have any free time they can donate to me?

Rick James GIF

I'm coping a physical copy of Triangle after work but goddamn it; when can i actually play this?? I have my save from the 3chapter demo too and want to continue after! I need to BEAT Elden Ring and collect all those fucking senzu beans in Lost Ark but then my 24hour be up already😡

Some days i wish you can buy in Ikea those hyperbolic chambers Goku  use to train; inside will be like rows of consoles/arcades/pc.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Just because he's using it on his phone doesn't mean it's not the internet lol.

But how is he supposed to download a Switch Demo if the internet to his house, what he is clearly referencing, is off? Downloading to his phone isn't gonna help him lol. 

4 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

But how is he supposed to download a Switch Demo if the internet to his house, what he is clearly referencing, is off? Downloading to his phone isn't gonna help him lol. 

Mobile hot spot.  Pretty sure all phones can just do it by default now.  I know iPhones been doing it for years at least.

Edited by purbeast
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Panzer Paladin is a wonderful fun time. Highly recommended. I double dipped on it when I found the Physical I liked it that much. 

yeah. I absolutely love it so far. I just started it a few days ago. I’ve only put about an hour-or-so into it but I’ve already cleared 5 of the bosses. 

my only issue is that I wish they gave more of an overview about how to use the weapon abilities/what the abilities actually do.